Todd Waters to fill in for Brian Bogers at HRC

5/3/2018 8:14am Edited Date/Time 5/13/2018 11:42pm
Finally a fill in rider at HRC. Good to see Todd back on the MXGP scene. Curious to see what he can do.
https://mxvice.com/76917/waters-moves-onto-hrc
|
5/3/2018 8:17am
Hope it works out for him.

Bogers getting that ride is a strange one. He must've brought money to the table. He's a good rider but IMO not worthy of a HRC MXGP ride.
5/3/2018 8:19am
Hope it works out for him. Bogers getting that ride is a strange one. He must've brought money to the table. He's a good rider but...

Bogers getting that ride is a strange one. He must've brought money to the table. He's a good rider but IMO not worthy of a HRC MXGP ride.
It's not strange. It's because HSF wanted him on the team and they brought the big bucks.
Motofinne
5/3/2018 8:19am
Hope it works out for him. Bogers getting that ride is a strange one. He must've brought money to the table. He's a good rider but...

HSF.
5/3/2018 8:23am

It's not strange. It's because HSF wanted him on the team and they brought the big bucks.
Like I said, bought his ride.

The Shop

Bearuno
5/3/2018 8:44am
So, 'he' "bought his ride" by having the main partner / sponsor of the Team, buy it for him ?????
Motofinne
5/3/2018 8:46am Edited Date/Time 5/3/2018 8:53am
Bearuno wrote:
So, 'he' "bought his ride" by having the main partner / sponsor of the Team, buy it for him ?????
That is how many of these deals happen in most motorsports.

The athlete brings with him/her a sponsor or two.
MXMattii
5/3/2018 9:39am Edited Date/Time 5/3/2018 9:40am
Bearuno wrote:
Motofinne wrote:

The reality is a bit different. HSF had still contracts with Bogers and Vlaanderen. Because he shut down his MX2 team he was in fact free of those contracts, but the man from HSF is a man of honor so he asked Honda to make room for those two, for one year. That is the contract they still had with KTM HSF. When you bring more then 1.2€ million to the table you can ask some favors.

Vlaanderen is taking the opportunity with both hands, and showing the world he can be a front runner with a great bike. So I guess or feel that he will be the replacement of Hunter Lawrence and stay on Honda in 2019. Bogers is screwed I guess or HSF will help them as personal sponsor so he can help himself into a other team like AssoMotors. But HSF can only help with other Honda teams because that is part of the contract with HRC.
DeStouwer
5/3/2018 11:02am Edited Date/Time 5/3/2018 11:02am
MXMattii wrote:
The reality is a bit different. HSF had still contracts with Bogers and Vlaanderen. Because he shut down his MX2 team he was in fact free...
The reality is a bit different. HSF had still contracts with Bogers and Vlaanderen. Because he shut down his MX2 team he was in fact free of those contracts, but the man from HSF is a man of honor so he asked Honda to make room for those two, for one year. That is the contract they still had with KTM HSF. When you bring more then 1.2€ million to the table you can ask some favors.

Vlaanderen is taking the opportunity with both hands, and showing the world he can be a front runner with a great bike. So I guess or feel that he will be the replacement of Hunter Lawrence and stay on Honda in 2019. Bogers is screwed I guess or HSF will help them as personal sponsor so he can help himself into a other team like AssoMotors. But HSF can only help with other Honda teams because that is part of the contract with HRC.
Vlaanderen disappoints thusfar. Last weekend he was 6th overall, what was his best of the season. Could've been on the podium aswell, but as of now these results are not factory rider-material.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2779th
5/3/2018 1:17pm
DeStouwer wrote:
Vlaanderen disappoints thusfar. Last weekend he was 6th overall, what was his best of the season. Could've been on the podium aswell, but as of now...
Vlaanderen disappoints thusfar. Last weekend he was 6th overall, what was his best of the season. Could've been on the podium aswell, but as of now these results are not factory rider-material.
He's 6th in the championship. Where do you draw the line on being worthy of a factory ride? Covington is 10th in the championship for example
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
5/3/2018 1:34pm
I thought waters was gonna race the nationals. Is that now not happening anymore?
kiwifan
5/3/2018 7:31pm
crusty_xx wrote:
I thought waters was gonna race the nationals. Is that now not happening anymore?
well he cant do both so its safe to assume its MXGP only...
mxjon454
5/3/2018 10:06pm
crusty_xx wrote:
Pay to race the nationals, or ride a super trick true factory works Honda 450 in mxgp? I think id go with the 2nd choice lol
5/3/2018 11:01pm
Todd and his Dan have been in the states for a few weeks getting set up for a run at the nationals. They bought a van and where going to hit the road old school and work and live on the road. This HRC deal sounds like opportunity. He raced the GP before on a a couple of years ago ....on the Husky Team there and had some issues with the setup, suspension and getting forced onto the new bike before he was happy with it and found the experience a bit frustrating.

Hopefully it is a bit easier this time for him he likes the Honda and is pretty comfortable on it and has a decent run over there!
DeStouwer
5/3/2018 11:32pm Edited Date/Time 5/4/2018 2:53am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
He's 6th in the championship. Where do you draw the line on being worthy of a factory ride? Covington is 10th in the championship for example
18-5-15-11-7-7-DNF-5-18-6-6-4. Nothing to get excited about. Covington won a moto and got a 2nd overall, but got injured and hasn't been 100% all season.

Just meaning, after his podium at Latvia last year and the injury that followed, I expected much more of Vlaanderen. Like not too far behind Olsen in the standings as of now.
Bearuno
5/4/2018 1:48am Edited Date/Time 5/4/2018 1:49am
Bearuno wrote:
Motofinne wrote:

I truly wish there was a 'sarcasm font', so it would be obvious what my reply above was about.

Yes, I know that many athletes bring with them a sponsor or sponsors.

It was about the previous poster implying / deducing that Waters had bought his way into a Team - when (one of) the Main Team sponsors, being HSF, have brought him in. They - HSF - are already well and truly 'there', don't you think? So Waters really didn't 'buy his way in, by bringing HSF'.

Do the US Nationals on your own dime, or take up a ride back in the GPs, where you may at least have someone else paying for it? Not a hard decision. I hope it works out for Todd.

I'm not overly patriotic when it comes to OZ riders - I'm just always glad to see them make that very big effort and get out of Australia. Heck, because of my Danish relo's (that I've often traveled with to GPs), I'm more of a TKO follower, than the Aussies in MX2 Whistling
5/4/2018 2:51am
Bearuno wrote:
Motofinne wrote:

Bearuno wrote:
I truly wish there was a 'sarcasm font', so it would be obvious what my reply above was about. Yes, I know that many athletes bring...
I truly wish there was a 'sarcasm font', so it would be obvious what my reply above was about.

It was about the previous poster implying / deducing that Waters had bought his way into a Team - when (one of) the Main Team sponsors, being HSF, have brought him in. They - HSF - are already well and truly 'there', don't you think? So Waters really didn't 'buy his way in, by bringing HSF'.

Do the US Nationals on your own dime, or take up a ride back in the GPs, where you may at least have someone else paying for it? Not a hard decision. I hope it works out for Todd.

I'm not overly patriotic when it comes to OZ riders - I'm just always glad to see them make that very big effort and get out of Australia. Heck, because of my Danish relo's (that I've often traveled with to GPs), I'm more of a TKO follower, than the Aussies in MX2 Whistling
I don't know who your first reply was directed to (maybe you should try using the quote button next time?) but if it was directed to me, I was talking about Bogers being bought in by HSF, not Waters.
Motofinne
5/4/2018 3:51am
Yeah same here. I was referring to the relationship between Bogers and HRC.
5/4/2018 4:36am
Motofinne wrote:

Bearuno wrote:
I truly wish there was a 'sarcasm font', so it would be obvious what my reply above was about. Yes, I know that many athletes bring...

I don't know who your first reply was directed to (maybe you should try using the quote button next time?) but if it was directed to...
I don't know who your first reply was directed to (maybe you should try using the quote button next time?) but if it was directed to me, I was talking about Bogers being bought in by HSF, not Waters.
Me too.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
5/4/2018 7:38am
crusty_xx wrote:
mxjon454 wrote:
Pay to race the nationals, or ride a super trick true factory works Honda 450 in mxgp? I think id go with the 2nd choice lol
sure
depends on how long you can ride that super trick true factory works honda though
They're only guessing how long Bogers will be out. Waters might be out with 2 months of AMA racing still left. SO he might still go over and do the rest.
I hope he does good in MXGP and stay for the whole season
themrtoad
5/5/2018 7:55am
crusty_xx wrote:
mxjon454 wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
sure depends on how long you can ride that super trick true factory works honda though They're only guessing how long Bogers will be out. Waters...
sure
depends on how long you can ride that super trick true factory works honda though
They're only guessing how long Bogers will be out. Waters might be out with 2 months of AMA racing still left. SO he might still go over and do the rest.
I hope he does good in MXGP and stay for the whole season
I hope he does well enough to get a deal for next year. I think he will do better than Bogers, Strijbos, Petrov, Searle, guillod, Jasikonis and all those guys got rides. I understand some of them bring sponsors to their teams but just based on performance he is at least the equal to them.
colonel
5/5/2018 8:11am
DeStouwer wrote:
Vlaanderen disappoints thusfar. Last weekend he was 6th overall, what was his best of the season. Could've been on the podium aswell, but as of now...
Calvin has been sick - really sick leading to the event and also before had hurt his shoulder. He is actually doing really well considering the set backs he his facing.
Skuzzy29
5/12/2018 12:01pm
...and just like that, Waters is done!
5/12/2018 12:08pm
Skuzzy29 wrote:
yep fractured his collarbone ... Honda bikes are nasty
a22
5/12/2018 4:42pm
What a shame, that must be damn frustrating to have happen right away. Talk about bad luck, he was doing good also.
kiwifan
5/13/2018 12:25am
Skuzzy29 wrote:
yep fractured his collarbone ... Honda bikes are nasty
63mark
5/13/2018 12:33am Edited Date/Time 5/13/2018 12:40am
Nuffsaid wrote:
Next?
Call in Mookie, i bet if Rockstar Husky ain't calling him for a fill in ride, he will be up for a summer holiday in Europe.
5/13/2018 3:15am
63mark wrote:
Call in Mookie, i bet if Rockstar Husky ain't calling him for a fill in ride, he will be up for a summer holiday in Europe.
LaughingLaughing
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
5/13/2018 4:21am
Nuffsaid wrote:
Next?
63mark wrote:
Yeah no
AJ or Lupino would be better choices

Post a reply to: Todd Waters to fill in for Brian Bogers at HRC

The Latest