Tomac

8/15/2018 10:46am Edited Date/Time 8/15/2018 10:50am
Isn't Tomac 5 for 6 in MXGP motos? Something like that. Keep talking though.
LaughingLaughingLaughing someone had to mention it ..thats good for the next decade no matter what happens
8/15/2018 10:59am Edited Date/Time 8/15/2018 11:00am
Facts are facts.
fact is you just left out the other half of results of Tomac against MXGP riders Laughing

Keep talking though

question was , will he race next years MXON in Assen ?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/15/2018 11:02am
Solidkm wrote:
Vital would shrivel up and die if it weren’t for Tomac threads.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
*Stewart
* Team Puerto Rico
Half a star because it's fairly new but yeah.

The Shop

psg119
8/15/2018 11:25am
Whenever there's a Tomac thread, Herlings gets brought up. Whenever there's a Herlings thread, Tomac gets brought up. Which feels like one out of every 10 threads that is started. Then they take over threads that aren't even about them. It's pretty miraculous how much we all want to talk about this, really.
jeffro503
8/15/2018 11:30am
Facts are facts.
fact is you just left out the other half of results of Tomac against MXGP riders :laugh: Keep talking though question was , will he race...
fact is you just left out the other half of results of Tomac against MXGP riders Laughing

Keep talking though

Well Richard ...now the race this year will be on a proper " dirt " track..... we'll see how they stack up against each other. I see what Herlings has done over in the GP's.....but so far over here , Eli has been doing the same.

I seriously think some people don't quite understand the shear speed Eli is carrying right now. All you have to do is ask Marv and Kenny. And we know how well those guys did in Europe , and in the years after here in the US. Seems as Eli just keeps getting faster and faster. I also think a LOT of people are going to be eating crow after the MXoN's.
8/15/2018 11:33am
fact is you just left out the other half of results of Tomac against MXGP riders :laugh: Keep talking though question was , will he race...

Keep talking though

We're not fortune tellers here, Richard.
8/15/2018 11:42am
Facts are facts.

Keep talking though

IF he does, Herling's will most likely beat him. Everyone knows that. A standard dirt track is where we have not seen them really face off head to head. Which is why Red Bud is going to be a treat.
jeffro503
8/15/2018 12:05pm
This is fact :

Tomac racing in Assen will have about the same amount of experience as Herlings would in SX.

We don't have sand here like that! And even if we did.....our guys wouldn't practice in it , because no SX or MX national tracks have that kind of sand.

So again....beating American rider's in the sand and bragging about it , would be like bragging how Jeffrey wouldn't break top 10 at A1 , and then having American's brag about. Who cares if they don't have SX over there? Jeffrey should practice at it......even though he doesn't do any SX.

Apples to Orange's. That's why I relish the " Dirt " MXoN's races. Fair play..... because both series run dirt based tracks.

Been saying this for years btw.
8/15/2018 12:12pm
look at all the daily posted topics on here .. Wink you cant be serious , its Vital ..
8/15/2018 12:20pm
jeffro503 wrote:
This is fact : Tomac racing in Assen will have about the same amount of experience as Herlings would in SX. We don't have sand here...
This is fact :

Tomac racing in Assen will have about the same amount of experience as Herlings would in SX.

We don't have sand here like that! And even if we did.....our guys wouldn't practice in it , because no SX or MX national tracks have that kind of sand.

So again....beating American rider's in the sand and bragging about it , would be like bragging how Jeffrey wouldn't break top 10 at A1 , and then having American's brag about. Who cares if they don't have SX over there? Jeffrey should practice at it......even though he doesn't do any SX.

Apples to Orange's. That's why I relish the " Dirt " MXoN's races. Fair play..... because both series run dirt based tracks.

its not about the track ... its not about bragging ..

as i agree with you that Herlings beating Tomac at Lommel is like Tomac beating Herlings at MEC and wouldnt suprise anybody if it happend ... i mentioned that before

my point is , would Tomac take that challenge and go ?? as odds of winning that race are a bit different as RedBud

thats all ... why people come up with all this shit as the question isnt that hard ...

and yeah we dont know , but its Vital and we all know Wink what Tomac would do
SCR
8/15/2018 12:24pm
maybe he can , but he never did ...he didnt win any moto ... the winner takes the flag first , not the dude who did...
maybe he can , but he never did ...he didnt win any moto ... the winner takes the flag first , not the dude who did a fast lap and crashed the laps before and after ...
since when are crashes and bad starts not a part of moto ?? dont use it when it suits you
Isn't Tomac 5 for 6 in MXGP motos? Something like that. Keep talking though.
Loots doesn't recognize wins on US soil. Not even a USGP. Unless of course Jeffery won it.
If Tomac beats Jeffery at Red Bud it won't count because home track and all that. If he wins next year in Jeffries sandbox Loots will probably go on about, one race doesn't prove anything.
8/15/2018 12:29pm
SCR wrote:
Loots doesn't recognize wins on US soil. Not even a USGP. Unless of course Jeffery won it. If Tomac beats Jeffery at Red Bud it won't...
Loots doesn't recognize wins on US soil. Not even a USGP. Unless of course Jeffery won it.
If Tomac beats Jeffery at Red Bud it won't count because home track and all that. If he wins next year in Jeffries sandbox Loots will probably go on about, one race doesn't prove anything.
Herlings goes 3-0 at RedBud , wins quali and both moto's ...there wont be any doubts .

USA wins MXON ... so congrats , about time Wink
B DUB 333
8/15/2018 12:31pm
B DUB 333 wrote:
See above. Tomac = FMOP especially on sand. But especially on dirt. But especially any track anywhere at anytime
Lucifa. wrote:
I remembered the last time Herlings and Tomac lined up together. Tomac was certainly NOT FMOP.

I can't even remember where he finished. Anyone?
B DUB 333, how’s the hangover treating you?
Ya know what, I do have a headache. And jeffros been coming at me today. I'm giving up smart-ass comments for the day. But as Arnold once said....
8/15/2018 12:31pm
look at all the daily posted topics on here .. Wink you cant be serious , its Vital ..
Haha true.. I guess we like to think we are at least lol
wreckitrandy
8/15/2018 12:46pm
peelout wrote:
i still think he's a draft dodger and if it wasn't in the US then he would be riding his quad in the mountains again. we'll...
i still think he's a draft dodger and if it wasn't in the US then he would be riding his quad in the mountains again. we'll see what the story is next year.

as for this year, i'll be rooting him on the whole way, he is after all the fastest guy in the US so we'd be silly to leave him off because we're butt-hurt.
Yeah but, I'm silly like that peely. You still want to fight butch?!
jeffro503
8/15/2018 12:48pm
jeffro503 wrote:
This is fact : Tomac racing in Assen will have about the same amount of experience as Herlings would in SX. We don't have sand here...
This is fact :

its not about the track ... its not about bragging .. as i agree with you that Herlings beating Tomac at Lommel is like Tomac beating...

as i agree with you that Herlings beating Tomac at Lommel is like Tomac beating Herlings at MEC and wouldnt suprise anybody if it happend ... i mentioned that before

my point is , would Tomac take that challenge and go ?? as odds of winning that race are a bit different as RedBud

thats all ... why people come up with all this shit as the question isnt that hard ...

I don't know the answer to that. I hope he would , but that all depends on health and if he wants to go.
SCR
8/15/2018 12:50pm
jeffro503 wrote:
This is fact :

its not about the track ... its not about bragging .. as i agree with you that Herlings beating Tomac at Lommel is like Tomac beating...

I cant think of any top riders that ever hid from or avoided a chance to race against the best best guy. That's why they are champions. I think Tomac would even prefer to race on sand track against Herlings. He didn't take those losses lightly at MXON.
jeffro503
8/15/2018 12:50pm
Lucifa. wrote:
I remembered the last time Herlings and Tomac lined up together. Tomac was certainly NOT FMOP.

I can't even remember where he finished. Anyone?
B DUB 333, how’s the hangover treating you?
B DUB 333 wrote:
Ya know what, I do have a headache. And jeffros been coming at me today. I'm giving up smart-ass comments for the day. But as Arnold...
Ya know what, I do have a headache. And jeffros been coming at me today. I'm giving up smart-ass comments for the day. But as Arnold once said....
I'm not coming after you. Was just a heads up on the old vital / GuyB words of wisdom...." Don't drink and post ". Believe me....I've already learned that lesson more than once.
jeffro503
8/15/2018 12:52pm
peelout wrote:
i still think he's a draft dodger and if it wasn't in the US then he would be riding his quad in the mountains again. we'll...
i still think he's a draft dodger and if it wasn't in the US then he would be riding his quad in the mountains again. we'll see what the story is next year.

as for this year, i'll be rooting him on the whole way, he is after all the fastest guy in the US so we'd be silly to leave him off because we're butt-hurt.
Butch?? Man , where is that guy!!?? Actually loved bs'n with him on BL's site.
Donovan759
8/15/2018 12:55pm
SCR wrote:
Loots doesn't recognize wins on US soil. Not even a USGP. Unless of course Jeffery won it. If Tomac beats Jeffery at Red Bud it won't...
Herlings goes 3-0 at RedBud , wins quali and both moto's ...there wont be any doubts . USA wins MXON ... so congrats , about time...
Herlings goes 3-0 at RedBud , wins quali and both moto's ...there wont be any doubts .

Lol. I remember 2007 quite vividly. Everyone was saying the same thing about Cairoli. MXoN came and US fans lined the track with signs that said Cairoli Who?... We all know how that turned out.

I hope Herlings doesn't disappoint you too much.

I would hate to see your avatar turn into a picture of your head with a really small mouth on it.
early
Fantasy
2231st
8/15/2018 1:01pm
Monster and Redbull should rent out Baja Acres on Monday and let the guys duke it out 1 on 1 Laughing
peelout
8/15/2018 1:03pm
peelout wrote:

bring it on brandy
wreckitrandy
8/15/2018 1:03pm
Wiff3 wrote:
Bunch of whiny twats on here crying about Tomac not racing last year. Who cares. The guys that did go busted their asses! And I'm sure...
Bunch of whiny twats on here crying about Tomac not racing last year. Who cares. The guys that did go busted their asses! And I'm sure Eli and crew will ride their hearts out this year.
My twat ain't whining. I would just rather reward people that want to go bad enough to put themselves out. Everyone that showed up last year to race could have been doing something else as well. That said, go team.
wreckitrandy
8/15/2018 1:05pm
peelout wrote:

peelout wrote:
bring it on brandy
'What a good wife, I'd be....'!!
8/15/2018 2:18pm
SCR wrote:
Herlings goes 3-0 at RedBud , wins quali and both moto's ...there wont be any doubts . USA wins MXON ... so congrats , about time...

Donovan759 wrote:
Lol. I remember 2007 quite vividly. Everyone was saying the same thing about Cairoli. MXoN came and US fans lined the track with signs that said...
Lol. I remember 2007 quite vividly. Everyone was saying the same thing about Cairoli. MXoN came and US fans lined the track with signs that said Cairoli Who?... We all know how that turned out.

I hope Herlings doesn't disappoint you too much.

I would hate to see your avatar turn into a picture of your head with a really small mouth on it.
could happen ..who knows , Tomac wins all 3 and Herlings has to settle for second but times have changed
Carmichael doesnt race anymore , RV is gone and levels are pretty even these days.
Back in the days all moto's were won by US riders ..
those days are gone , even on hometracks in USA i dont see it happen at the moment. Just look at past 5 years Wink

We dont know until they race and see how these 2 compare , as in their series they are just a level above

but as a dutchie i hope Herlings smokes the rest of the world

lets hope they both make it and stay healthy .. all of them as its already a bummer we need to miss Marvin and Gajser
HusqFan3
8/15/2018 2:28pm
TDeath21 wrote:
I think it’s extremely lame that he has said the following things and then done the subsequent actions: These aren’t going to be direct quotes but...
I think it’s extremely lame that he has said the following things and then done the subsequent actions:

These aren’t going to be direct quotes but he did say these things in some form, I just don’t know the exact way he said it.

1: “I need to stay focused on the series here in the United States. Our series is long and grueling as it is.”

2: “Our series is a meat grinder here and I don’t want to extend our season into mid October with more races.”

Despite number 1, he chose to race both USGPs right up until the MXoN. Races that were essentially meaningless to him. Races that added to the grueling schedule and were not part of the US series. And don’t tell me he was contracted to do so. He chose to sign that contract. If he’d have told Kawi he didn’t want to do those GPs, they’d have said okay.

Despite number 2, he’s doing just that here this year. He’s unnecessarily extending his season into mid October. Why is it all the sudden different now? Sounds to me like he either wants to be the hometown hero or he just didn’t want to ride the European tracks.

Oh wait maybe it’s the travel to Europe that bothered him and he didn’t want to do? Well ... the distance between Glen Helen and Charlotte is roughly 2,409 miles. If we are to assume he started that journey in California (almost a certainty) we can double that number for his travel distance with the two USGPs. That’s 4,818 unnecessary miles traveled after his long and grueling SX/MX season. Plus about an extra 3 hours of race time on MX tracks. A trans-Atlantic flight is roughly 3,500 miles of travel. Give or take a few hundred based on how far you go. The MXon adds an extra hour and a half to the racing time during the season. And yes I know that journey would also probably start in Colorado or California for Tomac, so you can probably add 2,000 as a conservative estimate to that 3,500 number. That makes it a minimum of 5,500 Miles for those who are counting. Point still stands though that the overall travel wouldn’t be a huge massive difference.

Now this year he’s saying it’s an honor to be there and he can’t wait to represent his country. Hmm ... track record says otherwise.

I’d rather he just be honest (like he’s actually done in several interviews after the races throughout his career) and say he just didn’t want to travel to Europe and that he just wants to stay in the US. I still wouldn’t like it and neither would a lot of people. But hey, at least then there aren’t massive holes in your reasoning. You race the races here in the US, whether it be MEC, SX, MX, USGP, etc. and you go on your merry way.

I know many people on this forum would never miss an opportunity to represent Team USA. Some can say it’s easy to say sitting behind a keyboard, but I know it’s the truth. Several top pros feel the same way. Carmichael and Barcia fit this bill, as do most top GP riders. And several others do too that just aren’t quite on that top tier level and therefore don’t ever get the opportunity.

Really all I’m saying is that Tomac’s excuses and reasonings for opting out don’t hold water. They just don’t. Now all the sudden when it’s on home soil he’s ready to go. We will see what he decides to do next year. That will be a big indicator. Am I happy he’s on the team this year? Well yeah because he gives my country the best chance to win. I wish he were on it every year. Even though he’s a fellow countryman and I’ll be cheering for him, it’s still okay for me to point out the flaws in his reasonings for skipping this event. Like I said, there were a lot of angles he could have taken as his reasonings for not going. He chose reasons that can be easily disputed with just a little bit of thought.
Akira wrote:
pls man chill out, go out and ride.
Right? Judging by his diatribe you’d think the guy was a draft dodger...

Post a reply to: Tomac

The Latest