Tomac Possible Shoulder

ML512
Fantasy
45th
Edited Date/Time 1/8/2018 3:38pm
Swung by the Kawi rig, lots of discussion of a possible shoulder injury...Eli just walked by holding it with his jersey swooped over one side...
|
zehn
1/6/2018 10:23pm
Damn...
zehn
1/6/2018 10:24pm
If that's true, this thing just became a 3 horse race for the Championship
Steve 396
1/6/2018 10:25pm
They mentioned it on TV as well. Hope its just real sore and he can get back at it next week.
tcallahan707
zehn wrote:
I bet a few more horses giddy up as well...

The Shop

I’ve had a shoulder injury before, not with the severity of Eli’s previous injury, but occasionally if I lift something a little too heavy at work, or bump into something, etc. it gets sore for a few days.

Even have slept on it wrong and it will hurt all day lol. Hope he’s good to go next week.
rutsmash
1/6/2018 10:26pm
zehn wrote:
Roczen's championship to lose now.
downard254
1/6/2018 10:27pm
Is that why Mookie had been riding a Kawi?

Oh snap! I did not just say that, did I?Pinch
Jmicmoto13
1/6/2018 10:29pm
zehn wrote:
rutsmash wrote:
Ehh it’s MM25 and JA21 to lose. They will be the only two running full out race pace to win.
zehn
1/6/2018 10:29pm
zehn wrote:
rutsmash wrote:
I wouldn't go that far
St Ann More
1/6/2018 10:32pm
Dayum! I'm hoping for the best. Having Eli going out this early would definitely take some of the wind of the championship sails. With him back in next week and 25 points down, it's tasty!
Rockinar
1/6/2018 10:32pm
He was just embarrassed about pissing away a race over a pant buckle. ET3 is a drama queen. I don't doubt it hurt. Didnt look bad enough to quit and it did not hurt enough to makes buckling his pants an afterthought.

https://youtu.be/zkvmnLgrd-Q
RandyS
1/6/2018 10:33pm
It's MM25s to lose.
nosredna297
1/6/2018 10:34pm
zehn wrote:
rutsmash wrote:
I hope you’re right on this. Roczen was impressive tonight, hopefully he will continue to build off of that.
zehn
1/6/2018 10:35pm
Dayum! I'm hoping for the best. Having Eli going out this early would definitely take some of the wind of the championship sails. With him back...
Dayum! I'm hoping for the best. Having Eli going out this early would definitely take some of the wind of the championship sails. With him back in next week and 25 points down, it's tasty!
Set up just like last year, except with 16 to go and not 13. Assuming he can line up, that is
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
1/6/2018 10:38pm
Marvin has his mojo going right now, but its a long season and MM25 has been known to have some off weekends from time to time. Kenny showed he's still coming back from injury and he's not 100% yet. I doubt he gets back to 100% before Daytona. Barcia is going to have some say so in who takes the Championship - he looked like a new man today (all day). Anderson is right there speed-wise, just needs a holeshot. Lastly, kudos to Peick - top 5 ride and it was legit.
zehn
1/6/2018 10:51pm Edited Date/Time 1/6/2018 10:51pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/01/06/236604/s1200_1630A4CD_F3DE_4078_9C71_789FC3290D10.jpg[/img]

Good to hear, could've been much worse with the way he pile-drove himself into the face of that jump
sickboy3636
1/6/2018 10:55pm
Dayum! I'm hoping for the best. Having Eli going out this early would definitely take some of the wind of the championship sails. With him back...
His shoulder will be ok, but next week he’ll have a faulty brake lever that had a casting issue an will snap off 2 laps into the main. He’ll quit again and Factory Kawi will custom design reinforced billet levers with a carbon fiber back up for week 3....this game is getting embarrassing I’m sorry.
Signed,
A Former Tomac Fan
dirtmike86
1/6/2018 11:00pm
Shot of some steroids and he will be good to go!
zehn
1/6/2018 11:02pm
dirtmike86 wrote:
Shot of some steroids and he will be good to go!
Yeah, a shot or two of cortisone and he'll be fine
drt410
1/6/2018 11:06pm Edited Date/Time 1/6/2018 11:13pm
Contusion means bruise... code word for pulled off. You finish the damn race if your a champion. No matter how embarassing it is with your ass hanging out you cant be down 26 points out the gate. The only positive is Eli rides way better from behind in points than ahead so it will probably help. Its like when hes down he knows what he has to aim for but when hes up he doesnt know how to manage a championship and freaks out. Might be a blessing in disguise because he seems to feel less pressure with white backgrounds.

I dont think the Kawi has ever fit his riding style not sure why he keeps forcing it. Hes a finesse rider kawis need to be muscled around and rear steered. He should be on the new Honda but that spot is solidified so maybe he goes husky? Even suzuki with their handling would probably be a better fit. Maybe he can get jgr their first championship. I dont think hes a yamaha type rider but coop would probably be better on that kawi than he is on the yam. Idk he shoulda just stayed honda tbh. If you watch highlights on his crf he flowed completely differently than now. It was incredible to watch esp that 2015 mx season before his crash. Thats Elis finesse style. Hes been good but never gotten back to that point he was blowing Dungeys doors off by a minute.
aeffertz
1/6/2018 11:07pm
drt410 wrote:
Contusion means bruise... code word for pulled off. You finish the damn race if your a champion. No matter how embarassing it is with your ass...
Contusion means bruise... code word for pulled off. You finish the damn race if your a champion. No matter how embarassing it is with your ass hanging out you cant be down 26 points out the gate. The only positive is Eli rides way better from behind in points than ahead so it will probably help. Its like when hes down he knows what he has to aim for but when hes up he doesnt know how to manage a championship and freaks out. Might be a blessing in disguise because he seems to feel less pressure with white backgrounds.

I dont think the Kawi has ever fit his riding style not sure why he keeps forcing it. Hes a finesse rider kawis need to be muscled around and rear steered. He should be on the new Honda but that spot is solidified so maybe he goes husky? Even suzuki with their handling would probably be a better fit. Maybe he can get jgr their first championship. I dont think hes a yamaha type rider but coop would probably be better on that kawi than he is on the yam. Idk he shoulda just stayed honda tbh. If you watch highlights on his crf he flowed completely differently than now. It was incredible to watch esp that 2015 mx season before his crash. Thats Elis finesse style. Hes been good but never gotten back to that point he was blowing Dungeys doors off by a minute.
But he already had white backgrounds!
APerry151
1/6/2018 11:09pm
So the official word from Kawi is Eli suffered a shoulder contusion..? A bruise...? Why not just say he’s being evaluated for a shoulder injury, early indication is nothing serious but we’ll know more by Monday.

Lucky to escape that one relatively unharmed, that’s not to say a deep/severe contusion couldn’t significantly hinder him next week or even cause him to miss Houston, but his repaired shoulder withstood the blow - pretty lucky.
1/6/2018 11:09pm
Yeah, judging by how he was moving around in the immediate aftermath of the “crash” I don’t think he’s really injured.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
1/6/2018 11:14pm Edited Date/Time 1/6/2018 11:15pm
I still think he wrung his bell pretty good and I'm sure his shoulder was super sore too. His damn pants didn't have anything to do with him not finishing the race. It's obvious he was hurt in some way. No way a champion contender (dare I say favorite) would give away 25 points to his top competitor because his pants wouldn't stay up. The guy got hurt, it happens.
drt410
1/6/2018 11:17pm
drt410 wrote:
Contusion means bruise... code word for pulled off. You finish the damn race if your a champion. No matter how embarassing it is with your ass...

aeffertz wrote:
But he already had white backgrounds!
But he wasnt down on points yet.
drt410
1/6/2018 11:19pm
TbonesPop wrote:
I still think he wrung his bell pretty good and I'm sure his shoulder was super sore too. His damn pants didn't have anything to do...
I still think he wrung his bell pretty good and I'm sure his shoulder was super sore too. His damn pants didn't have anything to do with him not finishing the race. It's obvious he was hurt in some way. No way a champion contender (dare I say favorite) would give away 25 points to his top competitor because his pants wouldn't stay up. The guy got hurt, it happens.
Idk man you can still limp to the finish with a bruised shoulder. It didnt separate. Adam Cianciarulo got his shoulder popped back in and got back on the bike and tried to finish. I think he just got so rattled and was already in last plus in pain so called it.
APerry151
1/6/2018 11:32pm
drt410 wrote:
Idk man you can still limp to the finish with a bruised shoulder. It didnt separate. Adam Cianciarulo got his shoulder popped back in and got...
Idk man you can still limp to the finish with a bruised shoulder. It didnt separate. Adam Cianciarulo got his shoulder popped back in and got back on the bike and tried to finish. I think he just got so rattled and was already in last plus in pain so called it.
I for one think his shoulder probably hurt like hell, he didn’t pull off for no reason... That being said, hate to say it but he’s shown that he can be at the top of his game, have a crash, and become totally unraveled. We all remember New Jersey... the guy is tough as nails I’m not taking that away from him. But maybe not so strong mentally? It’s like when he’s on, he’s riding like he’s invincible, then has a crash (however big or small) realizes he’s mortal and comes crashing back down to earth.
1/6/2018 11:37pm
I really don't think Eli would pull off for no reason, I mean we're talking about the same guy who rode a 30 minute moto at Glen Helen without a front brake.

Post a reply to: Tomac Possible Shoulder

The Latest