btn
btn
1 of 3
Related:
Create New Tag
rutsmash rutsmash
7/3/2017 9:26 PM

Not even the 2015 Tomac could beat 2016 Roczen IMO. Probably one of the best displays of passing ever! Hope he can get back to this level.

kzizok kzizok
7/3/2017 9:34 PM
rutsmash wrote:

Not even the 2015 Tomac ...more

Certainly quite a display put on by KR. Personally, ET's 2015 performances were the most incredible Ive ever seen, by a long shot. It my be the best dominance, ever.

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

TbonesPop TbonesPop
7/3/2017 9:37 PM
rutsmash wrote:

kzizok wrote:

Certainly quite a display ...more

I agree, I can't remember ever seeing anything like Tomac 2015 until his accident. Certainly incredible rides by Stew and the GOAT. But the speed of Tomac was not like we've ever seen IMO.

KirkChandler KirkChandler
7/3/2017 9:49 PM

Eli's second Moto's at Hangtown and Glen Helen in 2015 were amazing. How he was hoping up the rock faces at Glen Helen were so technical. I only saw Reed do it, but not at the speed Eli was riding that day.

Kenny's passing ability is amazing too. That burst that he has in traffic and how he is so precise reminds me of Stewart in his Kawasaki days.

jeffro503 jeffro503
7/3/2017 10:00 PM
rutsmash wrote:

kzizok wrote:

Certainly quite a display ...more

It was incredible to say the least. Not only did Eli have a 1:31 gap on RD , but RD was a good 20 seconds or more ahead of 3rd if I remember right. JT$ even came on here and said " I've never witnessed anyone ride a dirt bike that fast before "......that's saying something.

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

jorgechavez jorgechavez
7/3/2017 10:06 PM

Damn I forgot how good he was that race, well any race last outdoor season. That was incredible!

Black Diesel Bomber Black Diesel Bomber
7/3/2017 10:15 PM

He sure looked good on that old bike, I hope he can return in 2018.

But to compare between the best riders on their best days, you really can't. Roczen was the man that day, just like Baggett was the man at Lakewood, and Eli was the man at Red Bud. They all have their days when things are clicking and their setup/confidence aligns with the stars.

bd bd
7/3/2017 10:18 PM

Tomac's 2015 Hangtown ride was the greatest beat down I've seen. Roczen's 2016 Millville was the greatest two laps I've ever seen. Roczen might be the best passer in the history of the sport.

bd

rpoint116 rpoint116
7/3/2017 10:19 PM

This is why they were both sidelined. Riding way over their heads. Eli has learned and has knocked it down a notch and is still fast, but not crazy fast.

There was no way either of them could continue that pace.

FTB FTB
7/3/2017 10:21 PM

Amazing what a stock set of triple clamps can do aye tongue .
The Krock of 2015 wouldn't have gotten anywhere near the 2016 version.

bd bd
7/3/2017 10:22 PM

Roczen's passes at the 2016 Hangtown were pretty amazing too.

bd

Jrewing Jrewing
7/3/2017 10:28 PM
rpoint116 wrote:

This is why they were both ...more

I agree tomac is riding smarter. No need to crush people. 15 sec gaps are fine to play with.
You can tell he's enjoying his racing currently.

TDeath21 TDeath21
7/3/2017 10:31 PM
jeffro503 wrote:

It was incredible to say ...more

I think we say that about Tomac in 2015 because he hadn't done it before or since. He also continued to push the lead for the entire moto. Several times with Roczen he'd stretch out a 10-15 second lead then hold it there for the rest of the moto. Carmichael made us numb to his dominance, so no single few races stick out to us like they do for Tomac. It's similar to Tortelli in his 99 Glen Helen ride. Many on here praise that ride as one of the best ever, and it was just a common day from 00-07 for Carmichael.

7/3/2017 10:35 PM

All these current guys are great, Dungey and Poto were too. But there will never be another rider on the same level as the GOAT. He went that pace for years and dominated by keeping it on two wheels. It's amazing he didn't take himself out at the speed he was riding, he never backed it down.

Until someone else with multiple championships goes 24-0 twice and laps every rider on the track, there will never ever be anyone in the same universe as the GOAT. I don't think that will EVER happen again. And how many wins does he have, like 150 or something ridiculous? I'm stoked to have witnessed it. That guy is the most amazing athlete who ever lived

BobPA BobPA
7/3/2017 10:43 PM
Black Diesel Bomber wrote:

All these current guys are ...more

If you like it, then you should put a ring on it

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

7/3/2017 10:46 PM

BobPA wrote:

If you like it, then you ...more

Like him or not, the numbers don't lie.

Zycki11 Zycki11
7/3/2017 10:54 PM

BobPA wrote:

Bro, just because you eye up Anderson like he is some piece of yard meat doesn't mean you can't cock ring it yourself.

kiwifan kiwifan
7/3/2017 11:14 PM

BobPA wrote:

Like him or not, the ...more

But you are comparing different riders from different eras...tracks are different, training methods are different, bikes are different, depth of fields are different....can we not all agree they are all GOATs?

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

7/3/2017 11:16 PM
BobPA wrote:

kiwifan wrote:

But you are comparing ...more

Not even close....but if Tomac, Roczen, or anyone else put down the numbers the GOAT did, then yes you can.

Hut Hut
7/3/2017 11:21 PM

Only one GOAT! That said Eli 15 was pretty unbelievable for a few motos!

cool_hand cool_hand
7/3/2017 11:22 PM

KROC was on rails, and he was riding a Suzuki.

Rockzen has unreal natural talent and speed, more than Tomac or any other current rider,..but my man is right, the GOAT had it all, he smiled like a baby but he bit like a gator.

Hell, he could eat broken bottles, rusty nails, any damn thing...gool ol' GOAT, never was one like him, never will be again.

Photo

“Liberty must at all hazards be supported. We have a right to it, derived from our Maker. But if we had not, our fathers have earned and bought it for us, at the expense of their ease, their estates, their pleasure, and their blood.” – John Adams, 1765

BobPA BobPA
7/3/2017 11:29 PM
Zycki11 wrote:

Bro, just because you eye ...more

Hog rings are for dirty sailors and ramp tramps. I happen to have a bit more class than that, brah.

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

7/3/2017 11:37 PM
BobPA wrote:

kiwifan wrote:

Forgot to mention, word on the street is that not too long ago the GOAT (in his pillsbury form) was able to suit up and run similar lap times to Dungey in his prime (for a few laps)....Dungey is/was the new era, so consider that

Tzevtkoff Tzevtkoff
7/3/2017 11:45 PM

SCR SCR
7/3/2017 11:55 PM

kiwifan wrote:

Not even close....but if ...more

Agree. There's Carmichael, then there's everyone else that you could debate over for second best. What he did over 10 years still seems impossible.

TheOriginalPancakee TheOriginalPancakee
7/4/2017 12:12 AM

Kenny was the man all of 2016 MX..should've won 21 motos if not for the suspension failure...21 motos that's insane

Derpin' DJ Derpin' DJ
7/4/2017 12:17 AM
rpoint116 wrote:

Roczen never rode over his head outdoors. Didn't even crash last year.

James = #7. Malcolm = #27
7/27=0.259259259259259259259
Stewart return confirmed!

Tzevtkoff Tzevtkoff
7/4/2017 12:21 AM
kiwifan wrote:

Not even close....but if ...more

SCR wrote:

Agree. There's Carmichael, ...more

Best second hum... Everts i think.

Sodipop Sodipop
7/4/2017 12:39 AM
rpoint116 wrote:

Derpin' DJ wrote:

Roczen never rode over his ...more

eli wasn't riding over his head in 2015. He had a lapse in concentration.

cali11 cali11
7/4/2017 12:52 AM
rutsmash wrote:

Are you out of your fucking mind?

btn
btn
1 of 3

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry