Tomac is good but not this good

Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
7/4/2017 11:54am
resetjet wrote:
Rc did not have the same level of competition. Tomac has kamikazee mode. Roczen smooth and fast. Ill take tomac if he uncorks a kamikazee.
RC had a perfect season over Reed and Windham in 04. They both raced all 12 rounds and RC led 362 of 375 laps. That's just 04....
Radical
Fantasy
2360th
7/4/2017 12:33pm
I think people forget just how fast Roczen is. Kind of like when RC was out for a season.
I hope he's ready for A1.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
7/4/2017 1:18pm
rutsmash wrote:
Not even the 2015 Tomac could beat 2016 Roczen IMO. Probably one of the best displays of passing ever! Hope he can get back to this...
Not even the 2015 Tomac could beat 2016 Roczen IMO. Probably one of the best displays of passing ever! Hope he can get back to this level. https://youtu.be/WM5QvU7Ov7Y
Lester wrote:
Tomac's rides were better in 15, take off your blinders.
They should have let him run the big number 1/6th the next season because he was the man for 1/6th of the season so that has got to mean something. I believe there should be a place in the record books for two race win streaks LaughingLaughing
I like Tomac but his fanboys make it hard when they were yelling 24 and 0 before the season started and when Dungey retired and he has not lived up to the hype his fan boys put out there. I do believe he will win the championship but it will be close but I think Bagget and Anderson will both be even less consistent than Tomac, but I do think Tomac is the fastest when things go his way.
Mr. G
7/4/2017 1:29pm
RC won 70 moto's in a row. 70. That should stand for a long time.

The Shop

newmann
7/4/2017 1:33pm
resetjet wrote:
Rc did not have the same level of competition. Tomac has kamikazee mode. Roczen smooth and fast. Ill take tomac if he uncorks a kamikazee.
Park Boys wrote:
RC had a perfect season over Reed and Windham in 04. They both raced all 12 rounds and RC led 362 of 375 laps. That's just...
RC had a perfect season over Reed and Windham in 04. They both raced all 12 rounds and RC led 362 of 375 laps. That's just 04....
Who was it that only raced one race that year but led more laps than anyone other than RC that season?
newmann
7/4/2017 1:35pm
Mr. G wrote:
Yep, too much sweat for anyone to get a grip on that nutsack.
USMCMXer
7/4/2017 1:54pm
Why do all the Tomac fanboys claim he was recovering from injury last summer, following a full SX season and winning two overalls outdoors? Seems like he was battling his setup on a new brand, hammering himself into ruts, vice flowing through them and he got beat by a faster KROC. C'mon people, at least try and be realistic.

Also, RC lapped the ENTIRE field at Millville, albeit a mud race, but everyone had to race the same track and he lapped them all. Will never happen again, wet or dry.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
7/4/2017 2:16pm
resetjet wrote:
Park Boys wrote:
RC had a perfect season over Reed and Windham in 04. They both raced all 12 rounds and RC led 362 of 375 laps. That's just...
newmann wrote:
Who was it that only raced one race that year but led more laps than anyone other than RC that season?
Your thinking of 02 and it was Doug at Southwick. Pretty sure that was the most laps lead in a race other than RC, Ferry might have had more in the year though but I don't know for certain.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
7/4/2017 2:18pm
Mr. G wrote:
He had a lot of crazy stats but he never won 70 in a row.
7/4/2017 3:34pm
Mr. G wrote:
Park Boys wrote:
Yeah I'm not sure about 70 but I do believe he had at least a 50 moto win streak. 2002 was his first perfect season and then in 2003 he went 1-1 at the opening but then went 2-1 at Hangtown which was the second round. I guess maybe 51 because he won the last 125 moto of 2001 when he stepped down, but only got third in the first one that day.

I may be mistaken, though.
NV825
Fantasy
2730th
7/4/2017 4:03pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2017 4:05pm
Tomac, Roczen, and many others have had their shining day(s). It's one thing to go fast on a rough but still manageable track and pass everyone. It's another to lap the entire field in conditions that were atrocious and left even some of the greatest riders ever unable to keep it on two wheels for a lap. Webster's Dictionary should reference RC at Millville '06 as the prime example for the definition of badass.
Mr. G
7/4/2017 11:13pm
Mr. G wrote:
Park Boys wrote:
He was 2 moto's short of three perfect seasons in a row. He was beat by Windam. I remember them asking him about it that day. He almost seemed relieved. Like Hannah used to say "You win one moto, great, you win two in a row, really great!, you lose the next one, what the hell is wrong with you?"
tcallahan707
7/4/2017 11:17pm
RickA wrote:
How many rookies have won the championship?
2 just in the years 2010-2015. Don't know all time.
RickA wrote:
Exactly. 3. One was out hurt and the other won it a second time...
Huh? How do you win it a second time in your rookie year? And I don't play the "someone was hurt so it doesn't count game"
cali11
7/4/2017 11:37pm
The RC/JS battles were over the top. The two went at it for 30 minutes non stop! Eli & Blake are both going fast, but until we see some motos like that. I will have to go with those two!
RickA
7/5/2017 4:20am Edited Date/Time 7/5/2017 4:43am
2 just in the years 2010-2015. Don't know all time.
RickA wrote:
Huh? How do you win it a second time in your rookie year? And I don't play the "someone was hurt so it doesn't count game"
Roczen won it twice. He is one of the 3 that won in his first season. He also won it on his Suzuki in 2016 beating Barcia.. an injured Tomac... Nicoletti and a 71 year old Andrew short. Musquin is no Roczen, Dungey or RC.

That's my point when someone said a rookie is a contender. Yes, rarely, Roczen did it. And he won a second championship in the season we are talking about.

RC, Dungey and Roczen are the rookies that won.
matze
Fantasy
3097th
7/5/2017 6:00am Edited Date/Time 7/5/2017 6:03am
RickA wrote:
RickA wrote:
Roczen won it twice. He is one of the 3 that won in his first season. He also won it on his Suzuki in 2016 beating...
Roczen won it twice. He is one of the 3 that won in his first season. He also won it on his Suzuki in 2016 beating Barcia.. an injured Tomac... Nicoletti and a 71 year old Andrew short. Musquin is no Roczen, Dungey or RC.

That's my point when someone said a rookie is a contender. Yes, rarely, Roczen did it. And he won a second championship in the season we are talking about.

Tomac was injured what? Grinning he was maybe still recovering from shoulder injury, but thats not sure. Also dungey had absolutely nothing for him until he crashed.

And by the way how can you win as a rookie twice again? What are you taaaalking haha
RickA
7/5/2017 7:07am
RickA wrote:
Roczen won it twice. He is one of the 3 that won in his first season. He also won it on his Suzuki in 2016 beating...

matze wrote:
Tomac was injured what? :lol: he was maybe still recovering from shoulder injury, but thats not sure. Also dungey had absolutely nothing for him until he...
Tomac was injured what? Grinning he was maybe still recovering from shoulder injury, but thats not sure. Also dungey had absolutely nothing for him until he crashed.

And by the way how can you win as a rookie twice again? What are you taaaalking haha
You know what I meant. He was recovering from double shoulder surgery, on a new bike and team. He wasn't 100%. Dungey never had anything for anyone until mid series.. he was always a slow starter.
Roczen rode very well, he is phenomenal. However, like I said, he is no RC or McGrath. I don't think we will ever see another Carmichael again, Ricky was special
NateDawg
7/5/2017 7:22am
Mr. G wrote:
Park Boys wrote:
Mr. G wrote:
He was 2 moto's short of three perfect seasons in a row. He was beat by Windam. I remember them asking him about it that day...
He was 2 moto's short of three perfect seasons in a row. He was beat by Windam. I remember them asking him about it that day. He almost seemed relieved. Like Hannah used to say "You win one moto, great, you win two in a row, really great!, you lose the next one, what the hell is wrong with you?"
RC lost 7 motos in 2003, so your stats are still a little off. To be fair, if he had been on a 450 in '03 he could've possibly had 3 perfect seasons in a row, which is absolutely mind-boggling. We all saw what happened in '04 when he got the same bike as KDub. But a lot of people, including Ricky, said Windham wasn't the same rider that year as he was in '03 so it's all speculation.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
7/5/2017 9:17am
RickA wrote:

matze wrote:
Tomac was injured what? :lol: he was maybe still recovering from shoulder injury, but thats not sure. Also dungey had absolutely nothing for him until he...

RickA wrote:
You know what I meant. He was recovering from double shoulder surgery, on a new bike and team. He wasn't 100%. Dungey never had anything for...
You know what I meant. He was recovering from double shoulder surgery, on a new bike and team. He wasn't 100%. Dungey never had anything for anyone until mid series.. he was always a slow starter.
Roczen rode very well, he is phenomenal. However, like I said, he is no RC or McGrath. I don't think we will ever see another Carmichael again, Ricky was special
What are you taking about with Dungey being a slow starter? Your talking about SX and applying it to motocross and both Dungey and Roczen are better then McGrath outdoors. The new bike thing is a big excuse he had been on it for months and months by then.
visser62
7/5/2017 9:19am
NateDawg wrote:
RC lost 7 motos in 2003, so your stats are still a little off. To be fair, if he had been on a 450 in '03...
RC lost 7 motos in 2003, so your stats are still a little off. To be fair, if he had been on a 450 in '03 he could've possibly had 3 perfect seasons in a row, which is absolutely mind-boggling. We all saw what happened in '04 when he got the same bike as KDub. But a lot of people, including Ricky, said Windham wasn't the same rider that year as he was in '03 so it's all speculation.
I would agree that Windham wasn't the same in 2004. I hate when people use the 450 excuse, because at Unadilla and Washougal, K-Dub was clearly just better.
RickA
7/5/2017 9:22am
matze wrote:

RickA wrote:
You know what I meant. He was recovering from double shoulder surgery, on a new bike and team. He wasn't 100%. Dungey never had anything for...
Park Boys wrote:
What are you taking about with Dungey being a slow starter? Your talking about SX and applying it to motocross and both Dungey and Roczen are...
What are you taking about with Dungey being a slow starter? Your talking about SX and applying it to motocross and both Dungey and Roczen are better then McGrath outdoors. The new bike thing is a big excuse he had been on it for months and months by then.
McGrath was awesome outdoors. Dungey has always started slow in his outdoor championships.
Ask Tomac about the bike last year, you will get your answer.
NateDawg
7/5/2017 10:09am
NateDawg wrote:
RC lost 7 motos in 2003, so your stats are still a little off. To be fair, if he had been on a 450 in '03...
visser62 wrote:
I would agree that Windham wasn't the same in 2004. I hate when people use the 450 excuse, because at Unadilla and Washougal, K-Dub was clearly...
I would agree that Windham wasn't the same in 2004. I hate when people use the 450 excuse, because at Unadilla and Washougal, K-Dub was clearly just better.
Windham was definitely killing it at both those races. But both Washougal and Unadilla are tracks with significant elevation change where the power and smooth delivery of the 450 really helps. RC absolutely destroyed KDub at both races in '04. Not saying he would've beaten Windham there in '03 on the thumper, but he would've given him all he wanted and maybe more.
newmann
7/5/2017 10:15am
Park Boys wrote:
newmann wrote:
Park Boys wrote:
Your thinking of 02 and it was Doug at Southwick. Pretty sure that was the most laps lead in a race other than RC, Ferry might...
Your thinking of 02 and it was Doug at Southwick. Pretty sure that was the most laps lead in a race other than RC, Ferry might have had more in the year though but I don't know for certain.
Could be. There was an ad running in the mags back then listing out the number of laps led. It was crazy. People keep talking shit, but RC always smacked that shit. Like McGrath in SX, those numbers are going to stand for a looooonnnnnggggg time.
peelout
7/5/2017 10:26am
after seeing Bagget, Anderson, and Tomac's performances this season i think it's safe to say they are all very lucky Roczen is out.
IceMan446
7/5/2017 10:26am
Tomas, Roczen, Baggett, RV, Dungey....none of them are going faster than the Stew/RC battles.

Those two dudes would die to beat each other. And they battled like that all moto going warp speed the entire time. Not to mention RC was as crafty as ever and Stew did some next level shit.

Battles like that are so few and far between we lose sight of how fast they were actually going back then.

Post a reply to: Tomac is good but not this good

The Latest