Tomac was fun to watch in Moto 2

RangerLee
He was on rails today, both motos, but damn it was fun to watch that battle with him and MM25.

Great run by our soon to be 450 champ :D

P.S. Bummed for MM25, you could see how emotionally wrecked he was after that get off.
|
mxcrf34
7/8/2017 6:04pm
Soon to be champ eh?

I think BB4 will give Tomac a run for his money.
7/8/2017 6:25pm Edited Date/Time 7/8/2017 6:25pm
mxcrf34 wrote:
Soon to be champ eh?

This, not sure why people seem to have forgotten about Blake but no way he doesn't have something to say about this title. It's not over till it's over and Blake will be there till the end.
RangerLee
7/8/2017 6:26pm
Baggett is running very good right now, and I find myself rooting for both Eli and Blake as years ago, when Blake was in the 250's we met him outside of racing in Morgantown and he was extremely cool in his interaction with my son. When we saw him at a National after that he remembered my son (Highpoint) and walked over from the trailer to talk to him and sign a picture which is still hanging up on my sons wall today.

Eli I have been a fan of since his rookie days, so I hope the best to both, though I do see it TheoriginalPancakee wrote, it is Tomacs' to loose right now.

The Shop

dadofagun
Fantasy
1962nd
7/8/2017 6:29pm
I agree that it's his to lose, all on his shoulders now. BB4 is fast as shit, and can keep him honest at times, but Eli looks more mature now on the bike. I really think Dungey taught him a valuable lesson this past Spring, and I don't mean that in a shitty sense at all. Eli was faster, but older, and wiser prevailed.... He learned from that it appears.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
7/8/2017 6:35pm Edited Date/Time 7/8/2017 6:38pm
Today was kinda one of those Tomac, "off the rails" implosion days, for everyone but Tomac.

I agree, his to lose. So fun to watch.
cbuehler767
7/8/2017 6:39pm
He was so much faster than the field today it was insane. He was riding all the edges of the track missing the chop and when he was in the bumps he was hopping through them. It was a pleasure to watch in person.
drt410
7/8/2017 6:43pm
Watching him and baggett fly down the start straight away and seat bouncing over the breaking bumps before going off that jump was insane. My stomach turned just watching how on the edge they were, they were pinned swapping all over the track and still going for it. They were one swap away from absolute disaster. I almost had a get off back in the day at that exact spot and its scared me ever since haha.
YamahaJT1
7/8/2017 6:46pm
I dig Tomac...

He is simply one of the best ever to ride a "Dirt Bike"...We'll talk about how fast he "was" in years to come. There are only a handful or two that belong in that rarified conversation. How it all went down is still being written, but the dude can fly...

Win, Lose, or Draw, he provokes opinion. That says enough.

Call me a "Sack Swinger", etc... Don't care, and I needn't explain.
7/8/2017 7:08pm
YamahaJT1 wrote:
I dig Tomac... He is simply one of the best ever to ride a "Dirt Bike"...We'll talk about how fast he "was" in years to come...
I dig Tomac...

He is simply one of the best ever to ride a "Dirt Bike"...We'll talk about how fast he "was" in years to come. There are only a handful or two that belong in that rarified conversation. How it all went down is still being written, but the dude can fly...

Excellent comment. I agree completely.
cbuehler767
7/8/2017 7:10pm
drt410 wrote:
Watching him and baggett fly down the start straight away and seat bouncing over the breaking bumps before going off that jump was insane. My stomach...
Watching him and baggett fly down the start straight away and seat bouncing over the breaking bumps before going off that jump was insane. My stomach turned just watching how on the edge they were, they were pinned swapping all over the track and still going for it. They were one swap away from absolute disaster. I almost had a get off back in the day at that exact spot and its scared me ever since haha.
When they would jump out of the cavity after Buckley berm they were swapping like crazy after landing. Made me "oh shit!" a couple times
mxcrf34
7/8/2017 7:38pm
This is tomacs to lose
I agree. Seems like the roles have switched since SX. But judging from the craziness so far, anything is possible! Glad to be witnessing it!
H4L
7/8/2017 7:45pm
The dude is a bad ass. I can see him being the guy to beat in the next couple of years.
dadofagun
Fantasy
1962nd
7/8/2017 7:53pm
H4L wrote:
The dude is a bad ass. I can see him being the guy to beat in the next couple of years.
Yep. If he plays his cards right, he can do some serious, predictable, damage to the 450 class for the foreseeable future. It's simply up to him to put the pieces together....... he already has all of them.
cali11
7/8/2017 7:54pm
mxcrf34 wrote:
Soon to be champ eh?

When?
Flip109
7/8/2017 8:17pm
mxcrf34 wrote:
Soon to be champ eh?

cali11 wrote:
When?
No shit. 5 moto wins in a row by Tomac. Dream on hooker. Dream the fuk on Laughing
7/8/2017 8:23pm
YamahaJT1 wrote:
I dig Tomac... He is simply one of the best ever to ride a "Dirt Bike"...We'll talk about how fast he "was" in years to come...
I dig Tomac...

One of the best ever? That's laughable considering he's got no 450 titles. Sure 2015 was great but he only did it 5 motos.
7/8/2017 8:34pm
YamahaJT1 wrote:
I dig Tomac...

One of the best ever? That's laughable considering he's got no 450 titles. Sure 2015 was great but he only did it 5 motos.
In his defense, he said best to ride a dirt bike. You don't need to win 450 titles to be bad ass on a bike. He's definitely one of the fastest guys on a bike.
7/8/2017 8:37pm
YamahaJT1 wrote:
I dig Tomac...

In his defense, he said best to ride a dirt bike. You don't need to win 450 titles to be bad ass on a bike. He's...
In his defense, he said best to ride a dirt bike. You don't need to win 450 titles to be bad ass on a bike. He's definitely one of the fastest guys on a bike.
Agreed.. the speed Tomac has shown in his career I would say could rival almost anyone this sport has seen. Keeping it together all season? Well he's yet to show he's on their level in that category.
milliebays
7/8/2017 8:48pm
i like how he said to matthes: "yea im good as long as i dont DORK OUT anymore". dungey would never let thaT MUCH personality slip out.
7/8/2017 9:13pm
YamahaJT1 wrote:
I dig Tomac...

In his defense, he said best to ride a dirt bike. You don't need to win 450 titles to be bad ass on a bike. He's...
Which is it now one of the best or fastest ever?
Lucifa.
7/8/2017 9:37pm
Tomac has a history of......... when he's running hot.
visser62
7/8/2017 9:45pm
You just being a dick to look stupid or what?
7/9/2017 1:26am Edited Date/Time 7/9/2017 1:26am
visser62 wrote:
You just being a dick to look stupid or what?
Is being a dick questioning why someone would even consider Eli being the best ever to ride a dirt bike? What's that say about McGrath RC and James? Are they below Tomac on the list?
VRR7
7/9/2017 1:41am
mxcrf34 wrote:
Soon to be champ eh?

cali11 wrote:
When?
BB4 is a much faster talker than ET3
visser62
7/9/2017 9:26am
Is being a dick questioning why someone would even consider Eli being the best ever to ride a dirt bike? What's that say about McGrath RC...
Is being a dick questioning why someone would even consider Eli being the best ever to ride a dirt bike? What's that say about McGrath RC and James? Are they below Tomac on the list?
You just seem to really want to interrogate these guys on their opinion. I place Tomac below those guys on the "fastest" or "best" lists, but people have different definitions for those terms.
Hut
7/9/2017 9:29am Edited Date/Time 7/9/2017 10:36am
mxcrf34 wrote:
Soon to be champ eh?

cali11 wrote:
When?
Flip109 wrote:
No shit. 5 moto wins in a row by Tomac. Dream on hooker. Dream the fuk on Laughing
Baggett was just giving him those..... Laughing
TogaSet
Fantasy
3894th
7/9/2017 10:11am
He's an awesome rider. One of the best ever? He's going on 25 years old , 7 years as a pro, and has two titles both in the 250F class. Sorry, he's not one of the best ever.
kkawboy14
7/9/2017 12:36pm
Acidreamer wrote:
its always fun to see green bikes out front.
It definitely makes it fun from my Trailor park on 8 Mile!

Post a reply to: Tomac was fun to watch in Moto 2

The Latest