Tomac was fun to watch in Moto 2

H4L
7/10/2017 6:29am
TogaSet wrote:
He's an awesome rider. One of the best ever? He's going on 25 years old , 7 years as a pro, and has two titles both...
He's an awesome rider. One of the best ever? He's going on 25 years old , 7 years as a pro, and has two titles both in the 250F class. Sorry, he's not one of the best ever.
RangerLee wrote:
The statement is he is one of the great riders, and this reply is annoying. How many years have most of the pros racing AMA SX...
The statement is he is one of the great riders, and this reply is annoying.

How many years have most of the pros racing AMA SX and AMA been in with ZERO championships?

How many wins do those same pros have, where Tomac has 41?

Hell, how many National titles does James Stewart have? 2 125 (Lites) titles and 1 450 title? So by that standard if Tomac wins the 450 title this year, he will be One short of a lites title while matching James Stewart's record for 450 outdoor championships.

That is impressive by any means, I am honestly surprised by anyone downplaying any of the Pro racers grinding it each weekend, let alone the likes of Tomac.

Well said. I'm surprised by a lot of the internet experts / critics how easily they dismiss some of the accomplishments of the AMA pros. I believe some of these members have never even raced let alone understand what it takes to get to that level. It's very hard to get a podium finish & even more difficult to win a championship.
RangerLee
7/10/2017 11:41am
the only comment of note that comes to mind before Las Vegas was Eli saying something about if Dungey won by 3 points or less then he would know that he did not earn the championship, or something along those lines.

After Las Vegas (5 point difference) Eli manned up and said in the future, people will remember Dungey and his 3rd straight Championship and not his 9 wins.
moto282
7/10/2017 12:59pm
If Tomac wanted to take out Dungey in Vegas he could have done it. Dungey could've parked Tomac if wanted to as well. Guys in the 450 class all know how to make that happen. Tomac was just trying to slow up Dungey enough that maybe he gets passed by the guys behind him and something happens.

I find it funny how some people think what Eli did was "chicken shit" but give Osborne a pass. I don't have an issue with either move as it's for the championship. If Dungey was able to pass Tomac in Vegas and run away it wouldn't have been a problem. If Joey didn't let Osborne catch him it wouldn't have happened either. In both cases the faster guy on that day was in control, and like it or not, that's part of racing.
KurtJ99
Fantasy
679th
7/10/2017 2:54pm

Like our current commentator did to Alessi at Hangtown in 2005? You betcha - not even a race for the championship and Langston was serious enough to ram Alessi for the chance at a win.

The Shop

Post a reply to: Tomac was fun to watch in Moto 2

The Latest