Tomac's Kawasaki

John548
So what happened to Tomac's bike?
|
10/6/2018 2:19pm Edited Date/Time 10/6/2018 2:19pm
Front brake lever got mud on it?
FuzzyLogic
10/6/2018 2:41pm
form a pic i saw earlier he wasn't running handguards. Even if mud wasn't the problem, I hope they put them on for tomorrow.
uk125250
10/6/2018 2:46pm
John548 wrote:
So what happened to Tomac's bike?
Herlings or Cairoli weren’t on it.

The Shop

dadofagun
Fantasy
1962nd
10/6/2018 3:46pm
Poof.... that’s what happened. Let’s take a new, untested, race platform, and put our prize stud on it, at the most prestigious event held on American soil this season. Smooth move Kawasaki.....
There’s a very fine line between brilliance and ignorance......
drt410
10/6/2018 3:53pm Edited Date/Time 10/6/2018 3:58pm
Yea the new bike shitting the bed in its FIRST race isnt a good look. Thats 2 dnf’s this year and one in the first ever race of the all new platform. Not a good look at all. How many mechanicals can they have before Tomac loses trust in his bike and team? 2 front brake issues in 1 season in sx, 1 front brake issue in mx where they cut the friggin brake line, 1 blown up motor, then whatever happened today... its getting ridiculous. Hes had by far the most mechanicals of any rider and hes the top guy on what should be the top team.

How can he have any faith in his program with a track record like this? Then sending him out on a brand new from the ground up bike for mxon....wtf is that? The bike is 100% new that takes looots of testing. I wouldnt even have done MEC on it. I would have been testing the bike all week every week up to Anaheim 1 and raced the race tested bike. MEC is a million dollars on the line and he has a huuuge shot at winning, put me on the old bike...although the old bike has had more mechanicals than any other bike out there. What happened to them? I dont remember RV having 1 mechanical, it was understood he was the best rider on the best equipment. Wtf?
IceMan446
10/6/2018 3:55pm
dadofagun wrote:
Poof.... that’s what happened. Let’s take a new, untested, race platform, and put our prize stud on it, at the most prestigious event held on American...
Poof.... that’s what happened. Let’s take a new, untested, race platform, and put our prize stud on it, at the most prestigious event held on American soil this season. Smooth move Kawasaki.....
I said this months ago. Why???

You have proven platform take that and go do what you did in the nationals.

ET doesn't do well when he isn't comfortable.
pilotdude
10/6/2018 3:57pm
dadofagun wrote:
Poof.... that’s what happened. Let’s take a new, untested, race platform, and put our prize stud on it, at the most prestigious event held on American...
IceMan446 wrote:
I said this months ago. Why??? You have proven platform take that and go do what you did in the nationals. ET doesn't do well when...
I said this months ago. Why???

You have proven platform take that and go do what you did in the nationals.

ET doesn't do well when he isn't comfortable.
This.
drt410
10/6/2018 4:08pm
Desalles Kawi blew up today, Elis blew up at the red bud national, hes had by far the most mechanicals out of everyone... Wtf is up with kawi?
kb228
10/6/2018 4:09pm
drt410 wrote:
Yea the new bike shitting the bed in its FIRST race isnt a good look. Thats 2 dnf’s this year and one in the first ever...
Yea the new bike shitting the bed in its FIRST race isnt a good look. Thats 2 dnf’s this year and one in the first ever race of the all new platform. Not a good look at all. How many mechanicals can they have before Tomac loses trust in his bike and team? 2 front brake issues in 1 season in sx, 1 front brake issue in mx where they cut the friggin brake line, 1 blown up motor, then whatever happened today... its getting ridiculous. Hes had by far the most mechanicals of any rider and hes the top guy on what should be the top team.

How can he have any faith in his program with a track record like this? Then sending him out on a brand new from the ground up bike for mxon....wtf is that? The bike is 100% new that takes looots of testing. I wouldnt even have done MEC on it. I would have been testing the bike all week every week up to Anaheim 1 and raced the race tested bike. MEC is a million dollars on the line and he has a huuuge shot at winning, put me on the old bike...although the old bike has had more mechanicals than any other bike out there. What happened to them? I dont remember RV having 1 mechanical, it was understood he was the best rider on the best equipment. Wtf?
Personally i think its smarter to get races on the new bike before you get to your next 2 championship seasons so you know its dialed. Might be an unpopular opinion but OEMs care more about sx and outdoors than winning des nations.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
10/6/2018 4:13pm
kb228 wrote:
Personally i think its smarter to get races on the new bike before you get to your next 2 championship seasons so you know its dialed...
Personally i think its smarter to get races on the new bike before you get to your next 2 championship seasons so you know its dialed. Might be an unpopular opinion but OEMs care more about sx and outdoors than winning des nations.
This guy isn't wrong.

Just say'in.
Jimmy638
10/6/2018 4:16pm
Engine blew, started smoking lap2, said he wasn't happy with it before that happend
H4L
10/6/2018 4:19pm
drt410 wrote:
Yea the new bike shitting the bed in its FIRST race isnt a good look. Thats 2 dnf’s this year and one in the first ever...

kb228 wrote:
Personally i think its smarter to get races on the new bike before you get to your next 2 championship seasons so you know its dialed...
The voice of reason. Kawi is more than likely putting the new model through actual racing conditions to gain data before the 19 SX / MX season starts.
Bultaco
10/6/2018 4:20pm Edited Date/Time 10/6/2018 4:26pm
kb228 wrote:
Could be sound logic. However, the new model year is in showrooms now. People thinking about new bikes are doing it now. And the word on the street is...well, just.read this thread. "new bike breaks...and oh yeah, so did Eli's last bike...etc."

I'm not picking on Kawasaki. Could be any of the brands. But the fact it keeps happening to Kawi makes one have to wonder what the organization is doing.
280driver
10/6/2018 4:22pm
drt410 wrote:

kb228 wrote:
H4L wrote:
The voice of reason. Kawi is more than likely putting the new model through actual racing conditions to gain data before the 19 SX / MX...
The voice of reason. Kawi is more than likely putting the new model through actual racing conditions to gain data before the 19 SX / MX season starts.
It’s also been raced since early this year in Japan. I️ believe Tyler was hired by Kawi to test and see what would brake. It’s not like it just released. Could it have been an electrical issue?
yamahaha131
10/6/2018 4:25pm
We were at the bottom of the leap standing. He went wide in the turn before the leap and looked like he stalled. You could see him repeatedly hitting the start button trying to fire it back up but she was done. Almost seemed electrical by how he responded.
yamahaha131
10/6/2018 4:25pm
Jimmy638 wrote:
Engine blew, started smoking lap2, said he wasn't happy with it before that happend
I never noticed it smoking
kb228
10/6/2018 4:26pm
We were at the bottom of the leap standing. He went wide in the turn before the leap and looked like he stalled. You could see...
We were at the bottom of the leap standing. He went wide in the turn before the leap and looked like he stalled. You could see him repeatedly hitting the start button trying to fire it back up but she was done. Almost seemed electrical by how he responded.
Who knows in the mud. Mud is literally the worst thing for a bike. Good insight tho. Ive been wondering what happened.
H4L
10/6/2018 4:27pm Edited Date/Time 10/6/2018 4:31pm
Bultaco wrote:
Could be sound logic. However, the new model year is in showrooms now. People thinking about new bikes are doing it now. And the word on...
Could be sound logic. However, the new model year is in showrooms now. People thinking about new bikes are doing it now. And the word on the street is...well, just.read this thread. "new bike breaks...and oh yeah, so did Eli's last bike...etc."

I'm not picking on Kawasaki. Could be any of the brands. But the fact it keeps happening to Kawi makes one have to wonder what the organization is doing.
Is it fair to say that the showroom bikes are not even close to the works bikes say for some parts like chassis, plastic etc.. ?
kiwifan
10/6/2018 4:35pm
MXA reporting his chain roller wore out.
He had the wrong sized sprocket....
280driver
10/6/2018 4:36pm
MXA reporting his chain roller wore out.
Also reporting he refused to go up one tooth in the back.
Bret
10/6/2018 4:37pm
You know, they probably tested both bikes before deciding, but I’m sure some of you are smarter than a professional MX team.
10/6/2018 4:38pm
We were at the bottom of the leap standing. He went wide in the turn before the leap and looked like he stalled. You could see...
Yes I was standing at the bottom of the hill and seen it all. He couldn't get that thing started for the life of him. Couldn't believe what was seeing.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
10/6/2018 4:38pm
Remember last year Cole’s retainer clip popped his rear shock spring off. Crazy things happen.
H4L
10/6/2018 4:39pm
280driver wrote:
It’s also been raced since early this year in Japan. I️ believe Tyler was hired by Kawi to test and see what would brake. It’s not...
It’s also been raced since early this year in Japan. I️ believe Tyler was hired by Kawi to test and see what would brake. It’s not like it just released. Could it have been an electrical issue?
It is very possible it could have been an electrical issue.
H4L
10/6/2018 4:40pm
kiwifan wrote:
He had the wrong sized sprocket....
Laughing Was thinking the same thing..
TeamGreen
10/6/2018 4:40pm
Peely and I know EXACTLY what happened.

Post a reply to: Tomac's Kawasaki

The Latest