btn
btn
1 of 8
Related:
Create New Tag
CPR CPR
2/23/2020 1:19 AM

Although there was some discussion about Tomac's passes on Roczen and Anderson in the race thread, I'm surprised there wasn't a lot more furore about it. Is it because it was Tomac?
I love watching him race but man those moves were not cool.
I'd wouldn't be surprised if Eli himself didn't realise they were close. Thankfully it's the 450 class and those guys know what they're doing. Similar moves in the 250s could be disastrous.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

PEPE001 PEPE001
2/23/2020 1:31 AM

Taking the line in front of such a jump is questionable

dgrlmp dgrlmp
2/23/2020 1:40 AM

Roczen didn’t have a problem with it as he said he rode up to tomac and acknowledged clean racing per his statement in the press conference.
It’s racing.

gregyou gregyou
2/23/2020 1:44 AM

Show the corner and you will see why he was doing that and why the other riders were prepared for it

FU2 FU2
2/23/2020 1:45 AM
PEPE001 wrote:

Taking the line in front ...more

Answer on that could be a t-bone in the next corner?

jemcee jemcee
2/23/2020 2:18 AM

I wasn't really cool with either one but it seems people don't care cause it's Tomac

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

Mugeneco Mugeneco
2/23/2020 2:22 AM

that move on Roczen just before jump was nasty , didnt need to do it and could have ended real bad for both...
overjumping and getting to inline in corner isnt exactly a good pass either , some people get boo"d for these things the whole season

CPR CPR
2/23/2020 2:34 AM
jemcee wrote:

I wasn't really cool with ...more

I came to the same conclusion too, because I always thought that crossing someone's line in the whoops and on the takeoff of a triple was like cross jumping and not acceptable. But hey it seems it all depends on who you are.
As for those saying it's okay because Roczen appears to be okay with it; that doesn't mean he actually is. He's in a title run with Tomac, he's smart and knows better than getting involved in unnecessary dramas.

gregyou gregyou
2/23/2020 2:46 AM

People want hard racing until they get hard racing

jemcee jemcee
2/23/2020 3:05 AM
jemcee wrote:

I wasn't really cool with ...more

CPR wrote:

I came to the same ...more

Also just going off memory and your screen grabs it looks like Tomac is crossing into their line while they're still in the air.. Like I said in the race thread I don't think it's terribly dirty or terribly bad I just don't think it's cool, I wouldn't be cool with it if he cut him off like that if it was down a flat straight so I definitely wasn't happy with it on the upramp of a triple

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

crowe176 crowe176
2/23/2020 3:10 AM

If Kenny's publicly ok with it, I'll move on too.

Piston Slap Piston Slap
2/23/2020 3:13 AM

The Rider in front has the pick of line. .

KR had the option to brake....

nealb129 nealb129
2/23/2020 3:32 AM

Imagine a non american rider doing that.. or barcia

Mxpilot20 Mxpilot20
2/23/2020 4:21 AM

Im OK with both passes, Its not like it was on the actual face of the jump and both riders had time to check up.

DrinkMoreWater DrinkMoreWater
2/23/2020 4:27 AM

Honestly it's calculated he's moving faster than the rest and will be faster off th take off and in the air, I'm not a big fan of his however Tomac is one of the cleanest riders you'll see, in fact he avoids contact.

eric513anderson eric513anderson
2/23/2020 4:53 AM

Imo that is the “race line” so they should of known he would have taken it

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

crusty_xx crusty_xx
2/23/2020 4:55 AM
DrinkMoreWater wrote:

Honestly it's calculated ...more

Kenny was a lot faster than him before that triple. Had he not slowed down Tomac would have likely jumped into him.

Not cool but probably not intentional.
Honestly, I think he lost a little bit of being the cleanest rider this year. He's doing what is necessary to get the job done. Roczen is missing that still. He's being way too nice

slipdog slipdog
2/23/2020 5:27 AM

That was bullshit riding from Tomac.

Thelen20 Thelen20
2/23/2020 5:32 AM
eric513anderson wrote:

Imo that is the “race line ...more

That's the only defense for tomac here, that's the exact line he was taking when he was all alone. He did not swerve just to cut roczen and Anderson off.

If someone swerves at me like that on a straight with no obstacles I'm pissed. Even more so if I just landed and about to go up the face of a triple.

2015 KTM 250sx, WP 48mm CV Forks, WP Trax Shock, Bills Pipe
2013 Chevy 2500 Duramax, 2014 Forest River XLR Nitro 28TQD bumper pull toy hauler

Instagram: @impalenthelen https://www.instagram.com/impalenthelen/
Youtube: Mitchell Thelen

Wiff3 Wiff3

When I saw the pass on Ken I thought it looked a little aggressive for Eli. After I watched the rest of the race I noticed it was his race line the rest of the race. He hit it consistantly from there on out.

Also, did anyone notice Ken cut across Eli going into the whoops a lap or 2 earlier? They were both on the gas going through the turn and Ken cut straight down, shutting Eli off. It looked like Eli had better drive and would make a pass.

The riders don't seem to have a problem with either move, I'm not sure why anyone else does.

Asselstine Asselstine

Far more egregious than the Hampshire passes.

Question Question
2/23/2020 5:50 AM

Musquin does the same and he get flammed for 2 seasons ...

Still, it is just racing, i am also sure he thought he was further ahead.

Creiz Creiz
2/23/2020 5:53 AM

WTF is Tomac thinking? Lost A LOT of respect for him after seeing this...Not cool under any circumstances to obviously trying to hurt other riders

Timo_2824 Timo_2824
2/23/2020 5:56 AM

This is what Tomac has been missing for the last 3 seasons, aggression. How many times has he tried to pass someone like Kenny, but that rider fights back and then Tomac starts dropping anchor. Tomac regrouped, then forced the issue. I really think the main issue most people have is the fact that it was Kenny. If it had only been Jason, the pitchforks would still be in the shed...

FerCzD FerCzD
2/23/2020 6:05 AM

I'll let the riders (who actually raced) decide if it was "dirty riding" or not. And Since the press conference is up and no one complaint, I don't get people here arguing to each other.

Tomac gets criticism form not being aggressive. This year he is more agressive than previous years (while being a clean rider), which I find awesome and some people here crying.

This is SX, and you have to be agressive in cases to make a pass or you will be stuck midpack aka Roczen moto2 yesterday. Championship ride from Tomac IMO.

Crush Crush
2/23/2020 6:06 AM

Can't see I would have loved it if it was done to me...

BUT to play devils advocate, Eli passed Kenny and accelerated earlier and harder from the turn, from his view was definitely clear in front hitting the dragon's back. He wouldn't have been aware that Kenny got such a better drive over the dragon and had drawn right up on him....

And from there, Eli is just doing what they all do. If Kenny and Eli were completely side by side after landing before the triple. Different story, like Barcia/Kenny in 14 or Marty/Barcia the other week and you'd be raging.

Anderson – he didn't have an issue with it, as he kept going obviously.

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

texasmoto423 texasmoto423
2/23/2020 6:11 AM

Yet everyone thinks it’s awesome when Barcia throws a massive whip over someone’s front wheel or cleans someone out on press day. There is no standard at this place.

BobPA BobPA
2/23/2020 6:17 AM

If it were Moosecan he would have been pitch forked and lit on fire by now.

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

JeremyK JeremyK
2/23/2020 6:27 AM
BobPA wrote:

If it were Moosecan he ...more

I actually thought that while watching the race. It looked more like marvin then tomac riding that bike.

KX500 KX500
2/23/2020 6:31 AM

If you dislike a rider, it is always easy to find something wrong about how they rode. I'd say a lot here dislike Tomac.

There is a huge difference between taking someones line when they are already committed to it and taking the line before the rider is committed to it, or has time to do something different.

Tomac simply made passes and kept racing, doing what was best for himself.

If the line you want it available, you take it right? Its one of the advantages of being in front of another rider.

2016 YZ250X

btn
btn
1 of 8

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry