Tomac's triple jump passes

KurtJ99
Fantasy
682nd
2/23/2020 6:37am
These short triple crown races encourage arenacross levels of riding aggressiveness. No time to wait for clean opportunity.
aees
2/23/2020 6:41am
The Rider in front has the pick of line. .

KR had the option to brake....

So cross jumping is fine then according to you.
lawson34
2/23/2020 6:56am
Untelling how often this happens through out the night the camera's don't catch or point out... If it was coop block passing, all you anti Eli guys would be sittin in a circle jackin one another off...
davis224
Fantasy
138th
2/23/2020 7:06am
I like Tomac but that was borderline sketchy. I wouldn't have been happy if it were me. I never want to hear anybody complain about Musquin's alleged cross jumping again, he's never moved over that close to someone, and he got skewered for it. I'll give Tomac a pass because he's never been that aggressive before now.

The Shop

mxrider971
2/23/2020 7:13am
That was the main line. Tomac was in front. Regardless of who it was, there is nothing wrong that.
lawson34
2/23/2020 7:16am
davis224 wrote:
I like Tomac but that was borderline sketchy. I wouldn't have been happy if it were me. I never want to hear anybody complain about Musquin's...
I like Tomac but that was borderline sketchy. I wouldn't have been happy if it were me. I never want to hear anybody complain about Musquin's alleged cross jumping again, he's never moved over that close to someone, and he got skewered for it. I'll give Tomac a pass because he's never been that aggressive before now.
Do you think Eli is the only one that's ever done that? Kenny didn't seem to mind for some reason just sayin.. we watch this for entertainment purposes they do it for a living let them decide what's wrong or right
xrmark
2/23/2020 7:18am
mxrider971 wrote:
That was the main line. Tomac was in front. Regardless of who it was, there is nothing wrong that.
Thank god someone in here understands racing.
Momus
2/23/2020 7:19am
Honestly it's calculated he's moving faster than the rest and will be faster off th take off and in the air, I'm not a big fan...
Honestly it's calculated he's moving faster than the rest and will be faster off th take off and in the air, I'm not a big fan of his however Tomac is one of the cleanest riders you'll see, in fact he avoids contact.
Yes that. The other rider's seem to have a lot of trust in Eli.
lawson34
2/23/2020 7:20am
If Ralph and RC wouldn't have pointed that out 95% of vital wouldn't have a thing to fight ahout... RC reacted as good racing, I'm not a HOF champ what would I know..
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
2/23/2020 7:27am
he was already in front of roczen, who saw it coming. bunch of snowflakes. If Kenny's not upset you shouldnt be.
Fonzarelli
2/23/2020 7:29am Edited Date/Time 2/23/2020 7:30am

aees wrote:
The term cross jumping seems like it should be self explanitory. Apparently it's not.

Hint: cross jumping = jumping across the track, as in leaving the ground on the inside and landing on the outside. Nobody did that.
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
2/23/2020 7:29am
davis224 wrote:
I like Tomac but that was borderline sketchy. I wouldn't have been happy if it were me. I never want to hear anybody complain about Musquin's...
I dont think you understand the difference between cross jumping, and taking someones line away that you are in front of.
Indy mxer
2/23/2020 7:36am
KX500 wrote:
If you dislike a rider, it is always easy to find something wrong about how they rode. I'd say a lot here dislike Tomac. There is...
If you dislike a rider, it is always easy to find something wrong about how they rode. I'd say a lot here dislike Tomac.

There is a huge difference between taking someones line when they are already committed to it and taking the line before the rider is committed to it, or has time to do something different.

Tomac simply made passes and kept racing, doing what was best for himself.

If the line you want it available, you take it right? Its one of the advantages of being in front of another rider.

Well said. That's SX racing. Passive riders don't win.
kkawboy14
2/23/2020 7:40am Edited Date/Time 2/23/2020 7:43am

aees wrote:
He didn’t cross jump. He passed before the jump! He was ahead of them before the take off.

It would have to be more of a block pass on the face of a jump. Just like getting block passed in a turn, the guy getting blocked can slow down or get punted, they chose to slow down.
Moto520
2/23/2020 7:40am
That’s the line.you needed to jump on the left of the jump in order to set up going inside in the next corner. Going wide after that triple was not the line
280driver
2/23/2020 7:42am
Aggressive but clean in my book. You could tell he was trying not make contact or take-out anyone during the passes. Didn’t appear Ken had any issues with it either.
captmoto
2/23/2020 7:47am
I'd like to see if Barcia or Webb could get away with this kind of move.
jjavaman
Fantasy
3765th
2/23/2020 7:47am
soggy wrote:
he was already in front of roczen, who saw it coming. bunch of snowflakes. If Kenny's not upset you shouldnt be.
Sorta like when Eli t boned MM and MM was booed? Nah, it’s ET , he can do no wrong....
NateDawg
2/23/2020 7:48am Edited Date/Time 2/23/2020 7:49am
Creiz wrote:
WTF is Tomac thinking? Lost A LOT of respect for him after seeing this...Not cool under any circumstances to obviously trying to hurt other riders
You're dumb
Gworm
2/23/2020 7:49am
Hey 280driver. I don't want to hijack the tread, but does that mean G280? If so, I'd like to pick your brain on it.I sent you a pm, but it may not have gone through.

motokawi818
2/23/2020 7:52am
Yet everyone thinks it’s awesome when Barcia throws a massive whip over someone’s front wheel or cleans someone out on press day. There is no standard...
Yet everyone thinks it’s awesome when Barcia throws a massive whip over someone’s front wheel or cleans someone out on press day. There is no standard at this place.
Just a bunch of Eli homers. Go through their post history and see they all hate ferrandis. Which is stupid because while it looked crazier, his move was a corner take out which is generally much safer. This was going for the front wheel on the face of a triple. Not cool at all.
NateDawg
2/23/2020 7:53am
Tomac was literally just setting himself up for the next 90 degree corner. Going to the far outside gave him the best angle into the next section. He was in front so he has the right of way. Like others have said, he didn't cross over in the air.

If Kenny and Anderson were both cool with it then idk what y'all are bitching about.
kkawboy14
2/23/2020 7:55am Edited Date/Time 2/23/2020 9:17am
Yet everyone thinks it’s awesome when Barcia throws a massive whip over someone’s front wheel or cleans someone out on press day. There is no standard...
Yet everyone thinks it’s awesome when Barcia throws a massive whip over someone’s front wheel or cleans someone out on press day. There is no standard at this place.
Just a bunch of Eli homers. Go through their post history and see they all hate ferrandis. Which is stupid because while it looked crazier, his...
Just a bunch of Eli homers. Go through their post history and see they all hate ferrandis. Which is stupid because while it looked crazier, his move was a corner take out which is generally much safer. This was going for the front wheel on the face of a triple. Not cool at all.
I for one am a serious Tomac fan, search thru my posts, you will find I have no problem with anything Ferrandis did! It was racing and both guys chose not to slow down, the guy that’s behind is the guy that usually gets punted and that’s what happened in Ferrandis’s deal.
davis224
Fantasy
138th
2/23/2020 7:55am
davis224 wrote:
lawson34 wrote:
Do you think Eli is the only one that's ever done that? Kenny didn't seem to mind for some reason just sayin.. we watch this for...
Do you think Eli is the only one that's ever done that? Kenny didn't seem to mind for some reason just sayin.. we watch this for entertainment purposes they do it for a living let them decide what's wrong or right
No, I'm just saying it looked a little too close for comfort. I know Kenny said he was fine with it, and Tomac doesn't have a history of it. That's why I said borderline. My first reaction was, "woah, that was pretty sketchy." But obviously both Kenny and Jason knew it was coming and were able to check up in time. I don't think Musquin would have gotten the same pass from as many fans though.
DPR250R
2/23/2020 8:01am
Who was in the race line? Kenny or Eli?

Did Eli create a new line to fuck Kenny up?

The way the day was going... when I saw it I held my breath because I didn’t want either of them to get hurt.

I am guessing if Kenny was cool with it he expected it and had spun enough laps throughout the day staying close to Eli to know what was coming.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
2/23/2020 8:01am
Kenny had to see that one coming. In fact, he did, and slowed down so as not to get taken out. I didn't see the Anderson pass but it looked like the same thing. Taking someone's line when you are in front is fair game.
kage173
2/23/2020 8:03am
Racing at the front of a 450 main event and nobody went down or even rubbed? Then it's fair game.

Roczen was holding him up. It was his second time passing him and he couldn't be nice anymore. With Anderson, that was for the win. You gotta really do something bad to cross the line of going for a win

Im not an Eli fan. It was aggressive. But Im good with it
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
2/23/2020 8:06am
Just a bunch of Eli homers. Go through their post history and see they all hate ferrandis. Which is stupid because while it looked crazier, his...
your a psychopath if you feel the need to look through other peoples post history in this thread. thats some scorned ex gf shit dude.

The fact that ferrandis intentionally made contact immediately makes that a less safe move. There is no way eli wanted to clip Roczens front tire, it would have been ugly for both.
davis224
Fantasy
138th
2/23/2020 8:06am Edited Date/Time 2/23/2020 8:07am
davis224 wrote:
soggy wrote:
I dont think you understand the difference between cross jumping, and taking someones line away that you are in front of.
I never said Eli cross jumped. Moving over that hard, whether it was the racing line or not, that close to someone looked sketchy to me. Obviously Ken and Jason knew enough to check up. But Musquin moves over with a several bike length lead and gets torn apart for "cross jumping", and Tomac does the same thing less than a foot away from them and it's fine. I'm a fan of both riders, but it's hard to ignore the hypocrisy/change in logic from rider to rider.

Post a reply to: Tomac's triple jump passes

The Latest