Toy Hauler rear door adjustment

casper
Edited Date/Time 10/19/2017 12:01pm
Does anyone know if the rear door springs can be adjusted? My rear door always sits about 8-10 inches off the ground when I put it down and gets in the way when I'm loading my bikes. I always have to either put something on it to weigh it down or press it down with my foot. I checked the springs and I don't see any adjustments on it and the only thing I can think of is getting a slightly longer carabiner bolt where the spring mounts on the bottom.

|
10/17/2017 6:38pm
I’m an RV/trailer technician. This problem is super super super common. It seems like 90 percent of toy haulers do this.

Over time the springs will stretch and eventually it will sit on the ground like it should.
Ryno23
Fantasy
891st
10/17/2017 6:54pm
Buy a toy hauler with a garage door spring above the door. Tension is adjusted via the drum the cable winds on just like a garage door. BAM!!! Problem solved! My job is done here... Focker out.

lapper
10/19/2017 12:01pm
Count mine in that 90%. I keep my gas jugs right inside the door. It's gotten to be such a habit of opening the ramp and putting the gas jug on the end to keep it down that I forgot it was a problem.

Post a reply to: Toy Hauler rear door adjustment

The Latest