Transworld

RandyS
9/14/2017 4:13pm
wasummer46 wrote:
"Methmaps, hell why not right?" I think that says enough about where you view smoking or consuming marijuana.
Yes it does, I have friends that smoke pot, it never really did anything for me but I have no problem with what they do in private. I have friends and family who have done harder, their business. I have friends who have and do grow pot, don't try and push it on me as legal, be an outlaw. The whole medical marijuana scam has been a negative on society and the recreational thing is going to be a huge clusterfuck. I'm surprised this hasn't hit the dungeon but on my part end of subject.
Ted722
9/14/2017 4:16pm
Did Transworld get a TUE for that?
JM485
9/14/2017 4:18pm
Here's what I don't understand, why is this such a terrible thing that we try to shelter kids from? Is it really so bad that a kid might see this, ask one of their parents what it is, and then have it explained to them in a controlled environment where the effects can be explained? I was always a pretty smart kid growing up and was around stuff like this a lot whether I knew it or not, and I just think this whole "shield their eyes from it" approach is totally misguided and ineffective. Rather than hide things, why not just educate them about it so they aren't curious and prone to try it, or can make an informed decision about it later in life rather than go in blind?

I'm not anti pot in any way, I don't use it myself but I have no issue with other people using it, so why do we make this out to be a huge deal when it can be handled so much more efficiently. Seems like it would be better your kid sees it here than at school, because you know damn well they will.

The Shop

Rdubs19
9/14/2017 4:18pm
I missed the part where anybody bothered to explain what's wrong with smoking weed...........
MX Guy
Fantasy
668th
9/14/2017 4:19pm
Weedmaps doesn't care bro
IBEW340
9/14/2017 4:20pm
Do you also not watch Monster supercross or buy pro circuit pipes? Because I've got news for you caffeine is not recommended for children.

smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
9/14/2017 4:21pm
I feel ya randy. having said that. its not what they know. its what they do with that information. everything they absorb at home effects what decision they will make.i have never sugarcoated or safe spaced my kids. the world is a big ugly place if they want it to be......welp, off to hit the bong.
tp4
9/14/2017 4:52pm
gotta be 4:20 some where.
ob
9/14/2017 4:57pm Edited Date/Time 9/14/2017 4:59pm
War on drugs!!!! Arest those Stoners and lock them up!!! It's legal now in lots of places, there is a reason for that. It's better for you than a Monster, or alcohol or a ciggy. This is MX, have you seen how the monster chick with the 30 second board dresses?
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
9/14/2017 5:02pm
RandyS wrote:
Well we know who the chronic pot smokers on this board are, is there really nobody here that has a problem with an MX magazine running...
Well we know who the chronic pot smokers on this board are, is there really nobody here that has a problem with an MX magazine running pot business ads?
seth505 wrote:
I've never touched weed and I don't have a problem with it. Curious, did you boycott SX when camel or coors was sponsoring?
RandyS wrote:
Crime in this area hasn't gone through the roof with people coming from Sacramento to break into houses to steal cigarettes and beer.
Fair enough. Sounds like a good time to keep educating your kid(s) on why it's bad to be a shitbag. Rising crime always sucks.
TeamGreen
9/14/2017 5:48pm
seth505 wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think they put actual weed in there.
Sure, but. mama say...uh, mama say dat th'weed is like th'foosball!

It's The Devil.

Laughing
yak651
Fantasy
214th
9/14/2017 5:49pm
I don't have kids so could care less either way. Thing I found funny was on my facebook feed someone had pictures from a local race. Two kids holding a pit board with "send nudes" written on it, kids were under 10 years old and they had this when the pee wees were on the track. Bunch of people "liked" it, wasn't going to comment it on facebook, but can't imagine if i had kids i would approve of this. I know they see much worse everyday, but really?
BMSOBx2
9/14/2017 5:57pm
ob wrote:
War on drugs!!!! Arest those Stoners and lock them up!!! It's legal now in lots of places, there is a reason for that. It's better for...
War on drugs!!!! Arest those Stoners and lock them up!!! It's legal now in lots of places, there is a reason for that. It's better for you than a Monster, or alcohol or a ciggy. This is MX, have you seen how the monster chick with the 30 second board dresses?
+1 .......CoolWinkTongue
speed_racer
Fantasy
2007th
9/14/2017 6:07pm
Anyone else have Video buffering problems since day one over at Three wheeler racing(TWMX). Don was an Ascot 3 wheel racing warrior, I was there.
Video's buffer so bad on that site it's unbearable, anyone else?
Sully
9/14/2017 6:08pm
RandyS wrote:
Well we know who the chronic pot smokers on this board are, is there really nobody here that has a problem with an MX magazine running...
Well we know who the chronic pot smokers on this board are, is there really nobody here that has a problem with an MX magazine running pot business ads?
Personally, I don't have a problem with the ad. I also don't have a problem with you not liking it and choosing to not spend your money on Transworld products anymore.
blusmbl
9/14/2017 6:21pm
Does Transworld still include a bikini poster every month? It isn't exactly a top shelf magazine...
TeamGreen
9/14/2017 6:24pm
yak651 wrote:
I don't have kids so could care less either way. Thing I found funny was on my facebook feed someone had pictures from a local race...
I don't have kids so could care less either way. Thing I found funny was on my facebook feed someone had pictures from a local race. Two kids holding a pit board with "send nudes" written on it, kids were under 10 years old and they had this when the pee wees were on the track. Bunch of people "liked" it, wasn't going to comment it on facebook, but can't imagine if i had kids i would approve of this. I know they see much worse everyday, but really?
That's a Davalos thing.
APLMAN99
9/14/2017 6:29pm
I'm not opposed to marijuana, voted for the successful legalization of it in our state.

But I'm probably with Randy on this one. It's still illegal in most states and federally illegal too. Probably not a great idea to "promote" behavior that could have a shot at leaving the reader with a criminal record........

At the same time, I'd be good if they accepted advertising from a group encouraging readers to contact their elected reps to eliminate the prohibitionary federal policies against cannabis.
captmoto
9/14/2017 7:04pm
Great, now there will be pot needles everywhere.
ob
9/14/2017 7:17pm
Federally illegal oh my gosh!!!!
slowgti
9/14/2017 7:27pm
What happened to just spending your money elsewhere and not having to tell everybody how high and mighty your morals are?

I guess I just don't get it
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
9/14/2017 7:48pm
ob wrote:
War on drugs!!!! Arest those Stoners and lock them up!!! It's legal now in lots of places, there is a reason for that. It's better for...
Hey, I happen to like The War on Drugs:

https://youtu.be/vkLOg252KRE
Hut
9/14/2017 7:52pm
RandyS wrote:
There are Cannabis Billboards on the Interstate here. What I am trying to get at is, Who cares!?
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
9/14/2017 7:57pm
captmoto wrote:
Great, now there will be pot needles everywhere.
Yep!

Everybody will be taking the pot!
jeffro503
9/14/2017 8:12pm
RandyS wrote:
I guess I haven't read one in a few months. Weedmaps? Really, way to make sure my subscription runs out and doesn't get renewed. Or given...
I guess I haven't read one in a few months. Weedmaps? Really, way to make sure my subscription runs out and doesn't get renewed. Or given to my 7 year old to read. As a former Transworld advertiser(snow) and friend of a lot of the people that built Transworld it's just sad. Those magazines go into a lot of states where what is advertised it totally illegal, way to finish off a once great group of magazines.
Kind of an uptight bastard aren't ya? Sheesh.
jeffro503
9/14/2017 8:26pm
wasummer46 wrote:
"Methmaps, hell why not right?" I think that says enough about where you view smoking or consuming marijuana.
RandyS wrote:
Yes it does, I have friends that smoke pot, it never really did anything for me but I have no problem with what they do in...
Yes it does, I have friends that smoke pot, it never really did anything for me but I have no problem with what they do in private. I have friends and family who have done harder, their business. I have friends who have and do grow pot, don't try and push it on me as legal, be an outlaw. The whole medical marijuana scam has been a negative on society and the recreational thing is going to be a huge clusterfuck. I'm surprised this hasn't hit the dungeon but on my part end of subject.
You are so fucking wrong on this I don't know where to even start. You need to educate yourself on this subject before you type one more fucking word.
dirtnapper
9/14/2017 8:28pm
Wow. A whole bunch of you are dicks. Blink

Randy had a valid point and I appreciate his concerns.

You don't have to pile on him so hard just cause you don't agree. Geeze, playground mentality around here sometimes.......

Post a reply to: Transworld

The Latest