US Vitard EU tour

752dad
Edited Date/Time 7/1/2019 11:56am
Visited Namur today, really enjoyed our day trip and got to walk on part of the famous MX track. The city is historic and beautiful.
KC

|
MXMattii
6/28/2019 3:51pm
With enough money, you could host a independent race there, or maybe if the FIM would work along a MXGP race. But then you need to work with overseas like paddock and putting the team trucks, on an outside the venue, but close location within 20 minutes drive with pit-bike so mechanics still can easily go to the trucks if they need something special that they didn't bring along.

It would be a big puzzle to make Namur work in this era but Monaco still works and other crazy things in the work do too.
Moto Mofo
6/28/2019 3:54pm
I’ve never been to Europe (yet)... but I’d book a flight immediately if they ever announced a GP or MXdN would be taking place at Namur.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
6/28/2019 4:08pm
I only saw a few races in TV... Such a bummer that they canceled the GP there... It was Monaco GP of MX. Yeah it is logistical nightmare and you need more cameras, cables, *insert generic cashmoney-loaded promoter whining* but it had its charm.

The Shop

kage173
6/28/2019 5:26pm
That'd be cool. That track looked sweet.

Are you going to make it to Lommel?
aeffertz
6/28/2019 5:32pm
Does anyone know a source for a lot of pictures of that track? I’d love to make a replica of it for a game.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
6/28/2019 8:46pm Edited Date/Time 6/28/2019 9:49pm
aeffertz wrote:
Does anyone know a source for a lot of pictures of that track? I’d love to make a replica of it for a game.
It's not much but it might help you get it started at least.

Edit: Found This
Bearuno
6/28/2019 11:19pm
aeffertz : I think a fellow poster on this site put up his own 'walk around' video or still shot link he did around Namur. Pictures I saved from it I've got tagged as JBs 2007 Track Walk . Though, with JB, it could have had something to do with Jack Burnicle......

Also, in the last year or two, or three, etc , Paul Malin did a succession of videos walking the remnants of the track. On Instagram / twatter / YouTube. I'm crap at remembering / negotiating those sort of things.

Robgvx here, is a Ex 500 GP rider,from 85 to 90, getting 9th in the World in 86 whilst on a Kawi Factory 500, and he might chime in. He may have some Namur stuff on his website : https://www.robandrewsmx.com/, and his FB site:https://www.facebook.com/RobAndrewsMX/

Roddy Macleod, the author / photographer of the utterly magnificent book of last years GP season : Will To Victory, might be a valuable resource : www.roddymacleod.com.

A few pictures of one of my obsessions with Namur. The black and white one I'm pretty sure is Roddy Macleods, the others , I think, from that 'JB 2007 Track Walk' thread / series I mentioned - some from the 2007 GP, two, from varying years after the final GP.

752dad
6/28/2019 11:40pm
kage173 wrote:

Don’t think I’ll make it to Lommel unfortunately. I hope to visit some other tracks on our trip, going to Amsterdam today.
KC
Robgvx
6/28/2019 11:56pm
Bearuno wrote:
[b]aeffertz : [/b] I think a fellow poster on this site put up his own 'walk around' video or still shot link he did around Namur...
aeffertz : I think a fellow poster on this site put up his own 'walk around' video or still shot link he did around Namur. Pictures I saved from it I've got tagged as JBs 2007 Track Walk . Though, with JB, it could have had something to do with Jack Burnicle......

Also, in the last year or two, or three, etc , Paul Malin did a succession of videos walking the remnants of the track. On Instagram / twatter / YouTube. I'm crap at remembering / negotiating those sort of things.

Robgvx here, is a Ex 500 GP rider,from 85 to 90, getting 9th in the World in 86 whilst on a Kawi Factory 500, and he might chime in. He may have some Namur stuff on his website : https://www.robandrewsmx.com/, and his FB site:https://www.facebook.com/RobAndrewsMX/

Roddy Macleod, the author / photographer of the utterly magnificent book of last years GP season : Will To Victory, might be a valuable resource : www.roddymacleod.com.

A few pictures of one of my obsessions with Namur. The black and white one I'm pretty sure is Roddy Macleods, the others , I think, from that 'JB 2007 Track Walk' thread / series I mentioned - some from the 2007 GP, two, from varying years after the final GP.

I have an entire chapter dedicated to Namur, and what it was like to race around there in my (soon to be published) book Bear. And some of the greatest photos you’ll ever see.
6/29/2019 12:26am
kage173 wrote:

752dad wrote:
Don’t think I’ll make it to Lommel unfortunately. I hope to visit some other tracks on our trip, going to Amsterdam today.
KC
Shame you couldn’t make it to Lommel, the place is not much to look at, flat & it’s in the middle of an industrial area but there’s normally a couple of GP guys riding on any given day. You’ll be blown away by the speed they go in the deep sand.
6/29/2019 12:27am
Bearuno wrote:
[b]aeffertz : [/b] I think a fellow poster on this site put up his own 'walk around' video or still shot link he did around Namur...

Robgvx wrote:
I have an entire chapter dedicated to Namur, and what it was like to race around there in my (soon to be published) book Bear. And...
I have an entire chapter dedicated to Namur, and what it was like to race around there in my (soon to be published) book Bear. And some of the greatest photos you’ll ever see.
Do you have a realise date for the book ?
Sully
6/29/2019 12:38am
752dad wrote:
Visited Namur today, really enjoyed our day trip and got to walk on part of the famous MX track. The city is historic and beautiful. KC...
Visited Namur today, really enjoyed our day trip and got to walk on part of the famous MX track. The city is historic and beautiful.
KC

How sketchy was it walking down those hills? They look ridiculously steep on TV, so I can’t imagine how steep they actually are.
Robgvx
6/29/2019 1:27am
Bearuno wrote:

Robgvx wrote:
I have an entire chapter dedicated to Namur, and what it was like to race around there in my (soon to be published) book Bear. And...
Telford Classic Dirt Bike show, February 15 next year.
Spergen
6/29/2019 1:48am
752dad wrote:
KC
Be careful in the coffee shops, they add a secret ingredient into the cake's that gives them a little kick ! 🤣🤣🤯🤪
shuggs
6/29/2019 2:08am
Robgvx wrote:
Robgvx wrote:
That is something to look forward too.
Bearuno
6/29/2019 4:07am
Robgvx wrote:
It Will be fantastic to see!

The second you have pricing / ordering ready to go, let me / us know, please, Rob.

6/29/2019 7:04am

Another video of Namur, the late Eric Geboers winning world title in home country.

Wish they'd bring back this track!!
752dad
6/29/2019 7:22am
752dad wrote:
Visited Namur today, really enjoyed our day trip and got to walk on part of the famous MX track. The city is historic and beautiful. KC...
KC

Sully wrote:
How sketchy was it walking down those hills? They look ridiculously steep on TV, so I can’t imagine how steep they actually are.
Walking down was not an option, ran down the first one and decided that was enough. So steep, the pictures don’t do it justice.
752dad
6/29/2019 7:27am
752dad wrote:
KC
Spergen wrote:
Be careful in the coffee shops, they add a secret ingredient into the cake's that gives them a little kick ! 🤣🤣🤯🤪
Sticking with Dunkin Doughnuts and Starbucks.
My work has strict policies regarding the stuff you can get at the euro “coffee shops”

KC
Robgvx
6/29/2019 7:35am Edited Date/Time 6/29/2019 7:49am
[embed] https://youtu.be/gNOjxJXSL7E [/embed] Another video of Namur, the late Eric Geboers winning world title in home country. Wish they'd bring back this track!!

Another video of Namur, the late Eric Geboers winning world title in home country.

Wish they'd bring back this track!!
21:08. Ismo Vehkonen jumping that downhill double (past a Vitard)...

Great video. You really get to see a lot of the track in that video. I miss that place.
WCRider
Fantasy
2287th
6/29/2019 7:38am Edited Date/Time 6/29/2019 7:48am
The Monaco of MX
Berni
6/29/2019 8:36am
752dad wrote:
KC

Sully wrote:
752dad wrote:
Walking down was not an option, ran down the first one and decided that was enough. So steep, the pictures don’t do it justice.
I went in 2017.... I walked down, stopped to take a photo, my phone fell down Pinch it slided pretty far away Laughing did not broke but it was an adventure going down and climbing back
Sluggo77
6/29/2019 9:30am
The tarmac section that goes by a tavern blows my mind! One doesn't normally think of pavement when thinking of moto but why not for one section? Same for grass or any other surface one could imagine. Anything should go to challenge the riders and make for more interesting spectating. Would be cool to see some modern tracks become a little more creative.
6/29/2019 11:29am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

That’s cool, never seen them before. Good win for Reed I don’t remember that.
Reed launching that step down after taking the lead is one of those ”holy shit” moments that has really stuck with me ever since I watched this race as a kid. That jump btw is probably the gnarliest jump I’ve seen. I mean there’s a corner around a tree and then immediatly the track just disappears from under you like you’re jumping of a cliff and then you land in a corner. Just getting down that seems like a feat when you watch the other guys crawl down it, let alone jumping that thing to the bottom.
Jefro98
6/29/2019 1:18pm
Bearuno wrote:

I'm the JB who did the track walk and documented the track at the last GP there in 2007.

Here is the gallery:

[url]https://pbase.com/jefro98/trackwalk[/url]

Post a reply to: US Vitard EU tour

The Latest