USGP 17 Crowd

tmphotoart
Fantasy
1257th
9/3/2017 12:54pm Edited Date/Time 9/18/2017 7:58am
How's the crowd at the 2017 USGP in Jacksonville?
I haven't seen any pictures with any spectators.
The track looks flat with no infield spectators.

Just wondering . . .
|
Grizz
9/3/2017 1:04pm
Lots of people here. Spectating is difficult with a flat track but they did a good job with what they have.
ruy
9/3/2017 1:09pm
The many high advertising billboards that put Youthstream securely do not help viewers see the race well.
St Ann More
9/3/2017 2:08pm
Grizz wrote:
Lots of people here. Spectating is difficult with a flat track but they did a good job with what they have.
Glad to hear lot's were there, hope the promoters made it work and it comes back next year.
philG
9/3/2017 3:06pm
Glad to hear lot's were there, hope the promoters made it work and it comes back next year.
For an alternate venue, i sure hope they can keep the race there next year and build on it.

The Shop

MotoX85
9/3/2017 3:08pm
I was enroute but had an issue at home so had to cancel.

Love this track, owners are great, locals are core riders I hope they have it next year. Well worth the 12 hour drive.
9/3/2017 3:38pm
I just asked a cop as we walked out. He said 10,000. I think it was more than that, but I really don't know. The place was packed is all I can say. Way more than Glen Helen.
FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
9/3/2017 4:35pm Edited Date/Time 9/4/2017 5:58pm
It was packed ***
wasummer46
9/3/2017 5:11pm
It was packed, took over an hour to park. Would estimate over 10k
9/3/2017 5:20pm
I told y'all the southeast is starving for pro motocross. Can you hear me now?
Bluelion
9/3/2017 6:40pm
I was there. It was well attended. I was at Glen Helen and it seems like the crowd was larger here at WW ranch?
9/3/2017 7:54pm
Bluelion wrote:
I was there. It was well attended. I was at Glen Helen and it seems like the crowd was larger here at WW ranch?
Seriously? Glen Helen had nothing on today.
wfo4ever
9/3/2017 7:58pm
WW Motocross Park should have the US MXGP again and a Outdoor National. They really hooked up MXGP and MX Sports when they had no track at all. DC should make it happen for WW Motocross Park, as they made it happen for you. Seems like the right thing to do...
wfo4ever
9/3/2017 8:08pm
Bluelion wrote:
Seriously? Glen Helen had nothing on today.
WW Motocross Park had some of the best racing with lots of passing that I have seen in a very long time.
ledger
9/3/2017 8:31pm
wfo4ever wrote:
WW Motocross Park should have the US MXGP again and a Outdoor National. They really hooked up MXGP and MX Sports when they had no track...
WW Motocross Park should have the US MXGP again and a Outdoor National. They really hooked up MXGP and MX Sports when they had no track at all. DC should make it happen for WW Motocross Park, as they made it happen for you. Seems like the right thing to do...
Yep, I'll buy this.
Jordan421
Fantasy
2561st
9/3/2017 8:55pm
wfo4ever wrote:
WW Motocross Park should have the US MXGP again and a Outdoor National. They really hooked up MXGP and MX Sports when they had no track...
ledger wrote:
Yep, I'll buy this.
They should have a floating week every year on the outdoor schedule and try to go to a new track every year
wfo4ever
9/3/2017 10:42pm
I always wondered if it is right for MX Sports to be the promoter of the outdoor series and also to have their track to be included on the schedule. MX Sports is the owner of the track so you know their track is always going to be automatically on the schedule. Is that really fair to other tracks that want a outdoor national? I would guess it is all about the money is the correct answer to that question.
wfo4ever
9/3/2017 10:46pm
Jordan421 wrote:
They should have a floating week every year on the outdoor schedule and try to go to a new track every year
That is a good ideal. Change it up some with new tracks would be good for the series.
Lucifa.
9/4/2017 1:03am
tmphotoart wrote:
How's the crowd at the 2017 USGP in Jacksonville? I haven't seen any pictures with any spectators. The track looks flat with no infield spectators. Just...
How's the crowd at the 2017 USGP in Jacksonville?
I haven't seen any pictures with any spectators.
The track looks flat with no infield spectators.

Just wondering . . .
All you got out of yesterday days racing was about the crowd numbers? Get back in your hole troll. The crowd kicked ass and we had a great time. And as to jet lag.......
teggers
9/4/2017 2:43am
I'm so happy that the crowds were that large, congratulations to everyone that worked there asses off to make the show happen.

Apparently, I was watching it live on TV which I didn't know was going to happen. Fantastic, well done guys and girls.
500guy
9/4/2017 6:06am
wfo4ever wrote:
I always wondered if it is right for MX Sports to be the promoter of the outdoor series and also to have their track to be...
I always wondered if it is right for MX Sports to be the promoter of the outdoor series and also to have their track to be included on the schedule. MX Sports is the owner of the track so you know their track is always going to be automatically on the schedule. Is that really fair to other tracks that want a outdoor national? I would guess it is all about the money is the correct answer to that question.
What did you wonder when they gave up one of their races ?
DownSouth
9/4/2017 6:14am
wfo4ever wrote:
I always wondered if it is right for MX Sports to be the promoter of the outdoor series and also to have their track to be...
Which track does MX Sports own?

If your talking about Mt Morris I am pretty sure the Holbert family owns the facility.
DC
9/4/2017 6:34am
"I always wondered if it is right for MX Sports to be the promoter of the outdoor series and also to have their track to be included on the schedule. MX Sports is the owner of the track so you know their track is always going to be automatically on the schedule. Is that really fair to other tracks that want a outdoor national?"

Not sure I follow your logic... MX Sports doesn't own any racetracks on the national schedule, and we dropped one of our own events (Steel City) to go to different areas. If we did own tracks, would that violate some third-rail, fifth-column type standard of the motocross industry? And what would be wrong with it? We work hard at everything we do, as you hopefully saw yesterday...

DC
Racer X

Flip109
9/4/2017 6:42am
The track and racing was spectacular. Hope it comes back there next year. Good dirt, cool jumps, and plenty of racing lines. Looked like lots of fun!
MXMattii
9/4/2017 6:51am
ruy wrote:
The many high advertising billboards that put Youthstream securely do not help viewers see the race well.
×377
bents
Fantasy
694th
9/4/2017 7:06am
Congrats on what seemed to be an amazing first effort, especially considering that the venue was a late entry. The track looked gnarly and certainly represented well-better than some of the shit GP venues that series trots off to.
9/4/2017 7:18am Edited Date/Time 9/4/2017 7:19am
From the TV (MXGPTV) side the track looked pretty good, lots of technical spots, wide, multable fast lines, ect.... the only thing that i didn't like was that I cringed everytime they would hit that 90' strait-up launching pad. #didnotlike
Jparry692
9/4/2017 7:27am
I will tell you this...it did take well over an hour to park and we parked just fine in a minivan. Also, they filled sides of the streets across the Street with cars as well, so that picture was maybe 2/3 of the vehicles. But WHO CARES!!! The racing was amazing and the jumps were huge. I'm sure every Floridian would agree that it was nice to have more than Daytona once in a while. They put on an amazing race it was great. I also got some good video clips from the side lines of practice and the Moto's check it out: https://youtu.be/dxRTwb_p_qQ
9/4/2017 7:40am
Jparry692 wrote:
I will tell you this...it did take well over an hour to park and we parked just fine in a minivan. Also, they filled sides of...
I will tell you this...it did take well over an hour to park and we parked just fine in a minivan. Also, they filled sides of the streets across the Street with cars as well, so that picture was maybe 2/3 of the vehicles. But WHO CARES!!! The racing was amazing and the jumps were huge. I'm sure every Floridian would agree that it was nice to have more than Daytona once in a while. They put on an amazing race it was great. I also got some good video clips from the side lines of practice and the Moto's check it out: https://youtu.be/dxRTwb_p_qQ
I said that exact thing to my wife and son about how nice it was to finally have pro-motocross back in Florida - 5 miles from the house no less!

Agreed about the parking. A 4x4 was not necessary - but having it gave me more parking choices, and I took advantage of it yesterday.

The crowd size is important if we want to see this happen again, and I definitely do. Honestly, after thinking about it overnight my estimate is something like 15,000, but that's just a semi-educated guess.

Post a reply to: USGP 17 Crowd

The Latest