USGP 17 Crowd

Jparry692
9/4/2017 7:52am
It was definitely fun watching the people out there going mudding in the field.

Can you imagine the crowd if we had a US National here?

I remember when Jr opened WW Ranch and there was an interview of him saying "One day I want to host US Nationals here".

I think yesterday they proved they can do it. The transformation from the old layout to what they built for this is nothing short of amazing. It went from an already great track to something that looked just like the tracks in the MXGP video game.

Now take the facility, track and add about the full AMA lineup, and I think they would crush it, and it looked like the riders loved the track. It seriously looked like a lot of fun and the dirt looked perfect.

Motofinne
9/4/2017 8:33am Edited Date/Time 9/4/2017 9:33am
I thought it looked like there were a lot of people.

The Florida USGP is the best we've seen all these years. I thought that Charlotte was decent but this was way better!

I really hope that the track owners made it work and continues to arrange USGPs and make it like a tradition!
DC
9/4/2017 9:13am Edited Date/Time 9/4/2017 9:17am
That crazy fan that ran out to wave Eli on was not thrown out, but I did go stand over by guy fence in case he tried it again!

It was a really good event with a great crowd and I hope (and expect) it to return next Labor Day weekend with even more participation from US-based riders. It was a muddy but fun weekend with a great track and a lot of pleased fans and industry folks.

Everyone from Wyn's crew to Junior's, the AMA to the FIM, and of course Youthstream to MX Sports all worked hard and well together!

DC
Racer X
MXMattii
9/4/2017 9:36am
DC wrote:
That crazy fan that ran out to wave Eli on was not thrown out, but I did go stand over by guy fence in case he...
That crazy fan that ran out to wave Eli on was not thrown out, but I did go stand over by guy fence in case he tried it again!

It was a really good event with a great crowd and I hope (and expect) it to return next Labor Day weekend with even more participation from US-based riders. It was a muddy but fun weekend with a great track and a lot of pleased fans and industry folks.

Everyone from Wyn's crew to Junior's, the AMA to the FIM, and of course Youthstream to MX Sports all worked hard and well together!

DC
Racer X
Same track? Or another. I like the track but would also love to see the race on the Martins track by example. But everything happens for a reason.

The Shop

mxracer546
9/4/2017 3:37pm
From the MXGP website:
Monster Energy MXGP of USA – QUICK FACTS
Circuit length: 1675m
Type of ground: hard sand
Temperature: 32°C
Weather conditions: Sunny
Weekend Crowd Attendance: 21,000
JW381
9/4/2017 3:49pm
DC wrote:
That crazy fan that ran out to wave Eli on was not thrown out, but I did go stand over by guy fence in case he...

DC
Racer X
Mxb2 is going to be so disappointed. He should have been kicked out and arrested and banned from anything fun ever again.
DC
9/4/2017 4:11pm
JW381, when I looked over at one of the main Youthstream guys when it happened, he laughed and said, That's the kind of thing you see at the Nations! If he was okay with it, I was okay with it... I just didn't want him (or any fan) to make it a habit to run out on the track like that.

DC
Racer X

9/4/2017 5:24pm
DC, does the 21000 seem close to accurate?

I am usually good at guessing crowd size in stadiums and such, but when it was spread out like that I am clueless.
endurox
9/4/2017 7:36pm
Used to get close to 40,000 at the 500cc gp at Carlsbad back in the day. ABC wide world of sports even covered the race. Somewhere around the early 80's there was a mountain bike race around the Carlsbad track during intermission. John Tomac raced it with drop bars and no suspension. That was insane to watch as well as Art Schol.
Bluelion
9/5/2017 3:03am
Bluelion wrote:
I was there. It was well attended. I was at Glen Helen and it seems like the crowd was larger here at WW ranch?
Seriously? Glen Helen had nothing on today.
You misunderstood me. What i meant was the crowd was larger at the WW ranch.
Rupert X
9/7/2017 5:22am
Rupert's guesstimate was more than 5000, less than 10,000. With Sunday hosting more than Saturday.

Post a reply to: USGP 17 Crowd

The Latest