Vet Motocross Club (Pacific Northwest)

Moto810
Edited Date/Time 2/12/2017 7:30am
A few of us are starting a Vet riding club in the Pacific Northwest so that we can have private practice ride days. Our goal is to work with local tracks to get private ride days for the group and maybe a club ride class on public practice days. Mostly we just want to have a good time and ride with other riders that enjoy the sport.

- no signup fee to join

- local practice events for club only

- updated emails with local events and other vet racing club events on the west coast

- website will also have the ability to allow members to communicate with each other in hopes to allow members to ride more often with friends

- the site will post all vet racing event from all vet mx clubs such as Old Timers, Over the Hill Gang, and Mammoth MX

We welcome all riders age 30+ to sign up so that we can start working with tracks to get some practice dates setup soon.

www.VetMxnation.com
|
mx510
Fantasy
1744th
2/10/2017 9:25pm
Signed up.
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2888th
2/10/2017 9:26pm
Isn't there already a club up there doin that? The Seattle Motorcycle Club. Buncha washed up bench racin' drunks!
Moto810
2/10/2017 9:31pm
Dirtydeeds wrote:
Isn't there already a club up there doin that? The Seattle Motorcycle Club. Buncha washed up bench racin' drunks!
Not sure. We have not heard of much down in the WA/OR area. Of course there are the two races for the Old Timers per year but no practice dates. We all love those races but we are looking for some practice days for the club. There are some great tracks from WA down through OR.
jeffro503
2/10/2017 9:33pm
Me too , signed up! Not sure how many I can attend , but it'll be nice having reminders and so forth. I would like to try a couple of the OTMX events this year again. Been a while. Thanks for doing this 810.

The Shop

Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2888th
2/10/2017 9:35pm
Dirtydeeds wrote:
Moto810 wrote:
Not sure. We have not heard of much down in the WA/OR area. Of course there are the two races for the Old Timers per year...
Not sure. We have not heard of much down in the WA/OR area. Of course there are the two races for the Old Timers per year but no practice dates. We all love those races but we are looking for some practice days for the club. There are some great tracks from WA down through OR.
Just kidding, kind of. I like what you guys are doing. Wish I was up that way instead of socal. Maybe I'll catch a practice next time I'm up that way!
jeffro503
2/10/2017 9:38pm
Dirtydeeds wrote:
Moto810 wrote:
Not sure. We have not heard of much down in the WA/OR area. Of course there are the two races for the Old Timers per year...
Yeah the OTMX dates are pretty few and far between. Be nice to get a group of vet riders together for practice days. Nothing irritates me more than being out in the + 30 - +40 class and having some 12yr old kid out there on an 85cc bike. There is usually more then a few too.
Moto810
2/10/2017 9:39pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Me too , signed up! Not sure how many I can attend , but it'll be nice having reminders and so forth. I would like to...
Me too , signed up! Not sure how many I can attend , but it'll be nice having reminders and so forth. I would like to try a couple of the OTMX events this year again. Been a while. Thanks for doing this 810.
Welcome, thanks for signing up! Those Old Timers nationals are fun! We look forward to getting some good practice days running early in the season. There is such a good bunch of vet riders around OR and WA that we all seem to like the idea of riding with other riders who are not looking to kill you! Maybe we can even throw in a BBQ or two to make the day even better. The more members we get the easier it will be to get cranked up.
bsharkey
2/10/2017 9:41pm
lets do it this weekend. we are heading down to woodland sunday
Moto810
2/10/2017 9:42pm
Dirtydeeds wrote:
Just kidding, kind of. I like what you guys are doing. Wish I was up that way instead of socal. Maybe I'll catch a practice next...
Just kidding, kind of. I like what you guys are doing. Wish I was up that way instead of socal. Maybe I'll catch a practice next time I'm up that way!
Well Socal does have its place. I am coming down to ride some tracks because of all the rain. Going to hit Zaca, C-Creek, and LACR I think. Riding is nice here in the summer though.
mx510
Fantasy
1744th
2/10/2017 9:43pm
Dirtydeeds wrote:

Not sure if you are joking about SMC or not, but be careful with he comments. That was my dad....
Moto810
2/10/2017 9:45pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Yeah the OTMX dates are pretty few and far between. Be nice to get a group of vet riders together for practice days. Nothing irritates me...
Yeah the OTMX dates are pretty few and far between. Be nice to get a group of vet riders together for practice days. Nothing irritates me more than being out in the + 30 - +40 class and having some 12yr old kid out there on an 85cc bike. There is usually more then a few too.
Bingo! It is amazing that tracks have a 35+ practice class and then you see 65cc bikes on the track and local pro riders who are 21yrs old crushing it out there. Then you ask the track about it and they say "we asked them to be careful of and ride safely" haha

Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2888th
2/10/2017 9:47pm Edited Date/Time 2/10/2017 9:48pm
Dirtydeeds wrote:
mx510 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/02/10/175356/s1200_IMG_0566.jpg[/img] Not sure if you are joking about SMC or not, but be careful with he comments. That was my dad....

Not sure if you are joking about SMC or not, but be careful with he comments. That was my dad....
Knew him as well as you. My dad and many friends are still in the club. Thats why I kid...

Edit: BTW, never got to say sorry to you about your dad. He was an awesome man.

Cory
mx510
Fantasy
1744th
2/10/2017 9:49pm
Deal?
mx510
Fantasy
1744th
2/10/2017 9:52pm
mx510 wrote:
Deal?
Dirtydeeds wrote:
Yes sir
Ha, awesome. Are you still riding?
Moto810
2/10/2017 9:52pm
bsharkey wrote:
lets do it this weekend. we are heading down to woodland sunday
See ya there Sharkey I was already going!
About 5 of us are also going. Looks like nice weather!
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2888th
2/10/2017 9:56pm
mx510 wrote:
Deal?
Dirtydeeds wrote:
Yes sir
mx510 wrote:
Ha, awesome. Are you still riding?
Just sold the bike 2 weeks ago. Sad day for sure. I'll buy another some day. Business is booming, got 2 lil kids now. No time to ride, definitely dont sleep as well without a bike in the garage!
bsharkey
2/10/2017 10:00pm
Be kind guys I'm still eating crow .

JW381
2/10/2017 10:26pm
I'm almost 27, ride a 2 stroke, and hate kids. Can I join?
jeffro503
2/10/2017 10:45pm
JW381 wrote:
I'm almost 27, ride a 2 stroke, and hate kids. Can I join?
You look 40 bro. Just kidding haha!
mx510
Fantasy
1744th
2/10/2017 11:28pm
Dirtydeeds wrote:
Just sold the bike 2 weeks ago. Sad day for sure. I'll buy another some day. Business is booming, got 2 lil kids now. No time...
Just sold the bike 2 weeks ago. Sad day for sure. I'll buy another some day. Business is booming, got 2 lil kids now. No time to ride, definitely dont sleep as well without a bike in the garage!
Man, I still think about that 91 KX80 lol. That bike provided me some awesome memories. My personal favorite was my dad throwing it in the bushes at Washougal. Good times.
Moto810
2/11/2017 7:52am
Thanks to all those who signed up quickly! Keep in mind this is a true not for profit club so we welcome any persons who want to help. So if you have an idea or want to get involved with the club just ask. We are already talking with a track trying to setup a practice in March if weather allows. If you have connections at a track and want to set something up with them by all means lets get it done!

Spread the word and we will continue working on the site as well.
jeffro503
2/11/2017 8:21am
Moto810 wrote:
Thanks to all those who signed up quickly! Keep in mind this is a true not for profit club so we welcome any persons who want...
Thanks to all those who signed up quickly! Keep in mind this is a true not for profit club so we welcome any persons who want to help. So if you have an idea or want to get involved with the club just ask. We are already talking with a track trying to setup a practice in March if weather allows. If you have connections at a track and want to set something up with them by all means lets get it done!

I am sending this the info out to a few of my other vet buddies who don't come on here. The word will get around.

@MX510....what's the deal with the SMC? I had heard about them many years ago , but don't know much about them. Are they still a functioning club? And was their idea similar to this? Getting a bunch of vet guys together for track rentals and so forth?
Moto810
2/11/2017 8:23am
I was thinking we could make a printable flyer and PDF to give to members and let them post it at tracks or shops? I could go drop some off at local shops also. Anyone interested in that?
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2888th
2/11/2017 8:26am
Moto810 wrote:
Thanks to all those who signed up quickly! Keep in mind this is a true not for profit club so we welcome any persons who want...

jeffro503 wrote:
I am sending this the info out to a few of my other vet buddies who don't come on here. The word will get around. @MX510....what's...
I am sending this the info out to a few of my other vet buddies who don't come on here. The word will get around.

@MX510....what's the deal with the SMC? I had heard about them many years ago , but don't know much about them. Are they still a functioning club? And was their idea similar to this? Getting a bunch of vet guys together for track rentals and so forth?
It's still a functioning club. They have their own private track that members have access to. They also promote and hold a series. Seems as if it's gone downhill in the last few years, but in talking to my ol man sounds like Poto might be working a deal with SMC to race at straddleline/ the old orv park. Details are vague as of now, but I'm sure @Mx510 will have more info for ya.
Moto810
2/11/2017 9:30am
Dirtydeeds wrote:
It's still a functioning club. They have their own private track that members have access to. They also promote and hold a series. Seems as if...
It's still a functioning club. They have their own private track that members have access to. They also promote and hold a series. Seems as if it's gone downhill in the last few years, but in talking to my ol man sounds like Poto might be working a deal with SMC to race at straddleline/ the old orv park. Details are vague as of now, but I'm sure @Mx510 will have more info for ya.
What track do they have? Only for the club?
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2888th
2/11/2017 9:46am
Moto810 wrote:
What track do they have? Only for the club?
Yes they have a club only track for practicing, no races.

Post a reply to: Vet Motocross Club (Pacific Northwest)

The Latest