Video: Bogle Crash

https://youtu.be/9rLwQsmXIOc

Just a thought I had when Canard got landed on that I feel is worth asking now - why doesn't the sport institute a double only rule on the large triples for the first lap of every main event as a short time fix? It's too costly to NOT go for the triple in track position for these guys - but often times they send it against better judgement.

Secondly - why do we even have triples anymore? It's purely a formality being built as a dedicated "triple" where back in their inception - it was people turning things INTO triples.

Lastly - if we got rid of the middle hump, the rider, if he rolls the triple at ANY point in the main, should be required to exit the track and roll around the landing. If the track is designed for this - with a small lane and dedicated entry point - it would be no issue - but at a time penalty as it should be.

These are the types of things that IMHO could easily be instituted - would have made a positive influence in multiple rider's careers and it's easy to change.
|
wildbill
2/13/2018 3:35pm
While I honor your heart, MX/SX is fucking dangerous. Deal with it!

2/13/2018 3:47pm
wildbill wrote:

Tell that to canard and bogle, and Aeck...or the countless others not discussed.

2/13/2018 3:49pm
You think it would be safer to have riders exit and re enter the track right after a triple. Ok
Yes.

Wouldn’t even be close to same level of danger now. Especially when it’s designed in.

Here is a thought. Let me drop a dirtbike on your head from 2 stories up Maybe you can think a little smarter afterwards.

The Shop

Spizzy
2/13/2018 3:57pm
They cant even offer a respectable purse, therefore they have zero concern for rider safety.
plowboy
2/13/2018 3:58pm
I respect your opinion but there is chance that one of our gladiators is actually going to die a grizzly death on live tv. You/we can argue that it's a dangerous sport and people get killed crossing the street but it would NOT be good for the sport. The ratings might spike for a bit but it would surely cause a lot of moms to put the kibosh on junior getting his first and all consequent bikes. When someone of Kevin Windham's SX prowess calls it quits because it was just too damn risky....you/we better listen. I know Canard is involved in trying to inject some safety aspects into SX....I'd like to hear if he's had enough input to start suggesting reasonable changes...or if the sport is willing to listen.
2/13/2018 3:59pm
Spizzy wrote:
They cant even offer a respectable purse, therefore they have zero concern for rider safety.
Amen
plowboy
2/13/2018 4:26pm
Spizzy wrote:
Well, what do you expect...it's Feld. I hear they used to pay the elephants peanuts.WoohooSilly
kaptkaos
2/13/2018 4:35pm
I have always wished they would not build doubles or triples anywhere, just short, medium and long tables. Problem is the dirt is too expensive, go figure!

2/13/2018 4:39pm
kaptkaos wrote:
I have always wished they would not build doubles or triples anywhere, just short, medium and long tables. Problem is the dirt is too expensive, go...
I have always wished they would not build doubles or triples anywhere, just short, medium and long tables. Problem is the dirt is too expensive, go figure!

In seriousness...why waste the dirt for the middle jump in the triple...
mooch
Fantasy
501st
2/13/2018 4:41pm
wildbill wrote:

Quite the studly low IQ response.
kaptkaos
2/13/2018 4:45pm
kaptkaos wrote:
I have always wished they would not build doubles or triples anywhere, just short, medium and long tables. Problem is the dirt is too expensive, go...

In seriousness...why waste the dirt for the middle jump in the triple...
I guess you have never come up short and plowed into the face of a steep SX landing jump? Neither have I, but I never want to.
mxridr
2/13/2018 4:59pm Edited Date/Time 2/13/2018 5:04pm
just make the triples one big table top, or single onto table. same total length so racers still jump as high and far, but risk of coming up short removed. also riders won’t have to “roll” anything if they misjudge or lose traction- would be much safer imo

to be honest what is even the point of triples at this point anyway. it’s basically a non obstacle when the riders are spaced out a bit. much prefer interesting dragonbacks and rhythm lanes and turns with 2 types of rhythms to choose from like san diego had
tcallahan707
2/13/2018 5:15pm
The triple is the first jump hit on a new track. That should tell you something it regards of it just being a formality. As far as removing the middle landing, the best way to look at it is how does the finish line function in terms of riders rolling/getting landed on. It still happens but it seems like it's less frequent.

Fourth_Floor
2/13/2018 6:35pm
Rewatching that video, I'm surprised he wasn't looking back knowing he was going to be doubling the triple with other riders behind him. There's literally 2 guys almost right after him that take a look back in the air while doubling it to make sure they aren't getting landed on. Did he just assume the rest of the field was going to double behind him?
TDeath21
2/13/2018 8:12pm
Can’t have people doubling on the first lap. If they’re forced to do that, should we also have them not triple in the rhythm? Not skim the whoops? Not jump the finish line? You’d have to. Triples only wouldn’t make sense.

They’re triples because it make it advantageous to jump them. That extra jump in the middle of the takeoff and landing adds a lot of time to those who decide not to jump it.

Yeah it sucks that this happened, but Canard and Bogle both should have looked back the second they were the first of the pack to double the triple. Could have been avoided.
mxridr
2/19/2018 1:32pm
mxridr wrote:
just make the triples one big table top, or single onto table. same total length so racers still jump as high and far, but risk of...
just make the triples one big table top, or single onto table. same total length so racers still jump as high and far, but risk of coming up short removed. also riders won’t have to “roll” anything if they misjudge or lose traction- would be much safer imo

to be honest what is even the point of triples at this point anyway. it’s basically a non obstacle when the riders are spaced out a bit. much prefer interesting dragonbacks and rhythm lanes and turns with 2 types of rhythms to choose from like san diego had
Single on to tabletop, or just a really long tabletop, and Barcia would not be out with a broken hand.

Bogle would not be out with a broken arm.

The thing is, these guys are "lucky". A direct hit / landing on the head would not be a good outcome.
JB 19
2/19/2018 1:53pm
TDeath21 wrote:
Can’t have people doubling on the first lap. If they’re forced to do that, should we also have them not triple in the rhythm? Not skim...
Can’t have people doubling on the first lap. If they’re forced to do that, should we also have them not triple in the rhythm? Not skim the whoops? Not jump the finish line? You’d have to. Triples only wouldn’t make sense.

They’re triples because it make it advantageous to jump them. That extra jump in the middle of the takeoff and landing adds a lot of time to those who decide not to jump it.

Yeah it sucks that this happened, but Canard and Bogle both should have looked back the second they were the first of the pack to double the triple. Could have been avoided.
I'm not sure what " looking back" would accomplish. I think it's just instinct in that situation, but I don't think simply looking back is going to change the path of the guy behind you.

I agree that these incidents seem avoidable...and I also hope that nobody ends up getting killed.
Jrewing
2/19/2018 4:43pm
Feld runs fucking circuses for the braindead. They should have nothing to do with the pinnacle of world SX. The sport has huge budgets from manufacturing companies, massive pressure for athletes and an elite status with the title.

2/19/2018 5:39pm
Why don’t riders check up ? It’s like oh well fuck it. By the time I land he will be gone.

Post a reply to: Video: Bogle Crash

The Latest