Vital MX users announcing competition.

Hank_Thrill
Edited Date/Time 2/7/2018 7:55pm
Hello,

For those who often criticize Jeff and Ralph over their announcing skills. This is your opportunity to show us what you've got!

All you have to do is mute the television and record yourself announcing a heat race, LCQ, or main event. Even though you have already seen the race you still need to upload your first take for the Vital MX community to provide quality feedback. If you are good enough, maybe you will get recognized by Feld and land a job.

Considering Jeff and Ralph do a great job 99.1% of the time (posts are usually made over a few misspoken or factually incorrect sentences). You must demonstrate a level of proficiency of at least 99%. E.g., take the time of the race from the drop of the gate to the finish and multiply that by .01%. The resulting seconds will be your window for margin of error. Anything over and your recording will unfortunately be considered a fail.

Whoever does the best job will get my signed Guy Cooper number plate from 1995.

React.
|
SPYGUY
Fantasy
748th
2/5/2018 11:08am
Someone in the other thread already corrected this flawed thought process you have going on...

greenmx5 wrote:

This is the worst defense out there. Like when someone critiques a rider and someone says I don't see you out there qualifying for mains.

I'm a network administrator and if I screwed up, I wouldn't tell someone in accounting "well, I would like to see you try to set up the VLANs. Get DHCP working correctly. Set up all the IP schemes. AND make sure our VPN works" They'd say well, that's your job not mine.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
2/5/2018 11:56am
I'd be like:

ATKpilot99
2/5/2018 12:06pm
I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
philG
2/5/2018 12:20pm
Its not easy, anyone who thinks it is , is a fool. The show can only be as good as the director , and if he is showing stuff that isnt interesting , thats what they have to talk about.

I have done on circuit, and freecaster broadcasts, and its a challenge, that said, Fro and Ralph do seem to be 'off' their A game

The Shop

2/5/2018 12:31pm
SPYGUY wrote:
Someone in the other thread already corrected this flawed thought process you have going on... [quote]greenmx5 wrote: This is the worst defense out there. Like when...
Someone in the other thread already corrected this flawed thought process you have going on...

greenmx5 wrote:

This is the worst defense out there. Like when someone critiques a rider and someone says I don't see you out there qualifying for mains.

I'm a network administrator and if I screwed up, I wouldn't tell someone in accounting "well, I would like to see you try to set up the VLANs. Get DHCP working correctly. Set up all the IP schemes. AND make sure our VPN works" They'd say well, that's your job not mine.
Well if that person is acting as if they could do a better job than you at your job than yeah it would be an appropriate response.
Asimo
2/5/2018 12:32pm
No. There is a reason sports anchors and reporters are usually somewhat attractive women.

2/5/2018 12:53pm
Maybe their contract didn't get renewed so they are just sending it in for this year.

This is just a hypothesis, I don't know anyone that is a doctor and I did not stay at a Holiday inn Express last night.
mx196
Fantasy
4100th
2/5/2018 12:56pm
Can't do that OP, it's not my job nor anybody else's job to be an announcer and it is not the field we are professionals in. Ralph and Jeff, on the other hand, are the professionals. So after years of experience you would expect them to be better and address the suggestions and or complaints from the viewers.
2/5/2018 3:14pm
We already do it. Haven’t been able to last two weeks because of scheduling but we will be back at it- live on Saturday night along with the FS1 broadcast.

Seems like no matter how many times I post this link there are 10000 users who don’t even look. We are the best race call/announcing crew for core SX fans. But we are not professionals with TV constrains, producers, and FCC fines overhanging.

OTB podcast
gabrielito
2/5/2018 3:45pm
Just think how many announcers their are in the world and how low on the totem pole SX announcing is to them, that's Ralph.

Now think of the all the past athletes and coaches major sports have to draw from compared to MX for a color commentator, that's Fro

All factors considered this is the best we can do.
peelout
2/5/2018 3:48pm Edited Date/Time 2/5/2018 3:48pm
so we are not allowed to criticize anything unless we can do it better? that's pretty ass-backwards way of thinking.

for the most part they've been pretty good. but man, some of the shit they say out loud just makes me wonder if i'm watching the same sport as them.

TXDirt
2/5/2018 4:07pm Edited Date/Time 2/5/2018 4:08pm
Ralph is fine. Mistakes are made sometimes it’s no big deal. Jeff brings nothing to the broadcast. No energy. No insight. Nothing. That’s the problem. I’ll take energy and a few mistakes (Ralph) anytime over a wet blanket (Jeff).
TXDirt
2/5/2018 4:12pm
https://www.facebook.com/MikeGarrison247/videos/10158003377185317/ Start boxing up that number plate.
You beat me to it! I was about to go looking for this guy!
Love it. Get this guy in the booth and pair him with Blair.
2/5/2018 4:12pm
I trimmed my beard today, but hosed it up on the starboard side. Went too deep with the clippers.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
2/5/2018 4:25pm
https://www.facebook.com/MikeGarrison247/videos/10158003377185317/ Start boxing up that number plate.
Uncle Tony wrote:
MAVERICK is looking for that video
MAVERICK is looking for that video
Yep that's the one I was talking about. Pretty damn good for someone that doesn't do it for a living.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
2/5/2018 4:45pm
Hello, For those who often criticize Jeff and Ralph over their announcing skills. This is your opportunity to show us what you've got! All you have...
Hello,

For those who often criticize Jeff and Ralph over their announcing skills. This is your opportunity to show us what you've got!

All you have to do is mute the television and record yourself announcing a heat race, LCQ, or main event. Even though you have already seen the race you still need to upload your first take for the Vital MX community to provide quality feedback. If you are good enough, maybe you will get recognized by Feld and land a job.

Considering Jeff and Ralph do a great job 99.1% of the time (posts are usually made over a few misspoken or factually incorrect sentences). You must demonstrate a level of proficiency of at least 99%. E.g., take the time of the race from the drop of the gate to the finish and multiply that by .01%. The resulting seconds will be your window for margin of error. Anything over and your recording will unfortunately be considered a fail.

React.
I like it, Hank.
tobz
2/5/2018 4:53pm
Thread fail
Jmicmoto13
2/5/2018 5:05pm
tobz wrote:
Thread fail
Agreed. Sounds like my dad trying to make me admit I’m wrong or something.
ACBraap
Fantasy
564th
2/5/2018 5:30pm
Hello, For those who often criticize Jeff and Ralph over their announcing skills. This is your opportunity to show us what you've got! All you have...
Hello,

React.
There's a big difference between 'I think that someone who does that as their profession should be able to do that better' and 'I think I could do that better'. Ralph said some stupid stuff the other night. He should get called out for it.
2/5/2018 6:51pm Edited Date/Time 2/6/2018 7:41pm
People here aren't claiming to be professional announcers. But you don't have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

For those who don't know (meaning almost everyone here) that's a Bob Dylan reference. See, Dylan is one of the most important figures in the history of American pop culture, and he's also a Nobel Prize winner and ... never mind ... it's a cool line.

Post a reply to: Vital MX users announcing competition.

The Latest