WADA ya think this is all about?

shiftmx_22
Fantasy
850th
5/4/2018 8:06pm Edited Date/Time 9/14/2018 10:56pm
Someone being a troll? Or is Tickle racing a Husky in Canada this summer?

|
r.sal923
5/4/2018 8:15pm
Is MRC not tied to FIM?
avidchimp
Fantasy
1102nd
5/4/2018 8:21pm
r.sal923 wrote:
Is MRC not tied to FIM?
No, Broc is free to race in Canada. It's only going to happen if he has no recourse here with WADA and the testing/results are what they are.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2511th
5/4/2018 9:07pm
if a rider has a contract he can but purse is kinda small. i think the series purse is like 100k. where as one event here is 60k. maybe redbull ktm sends him north like Pourcel did last year.

The Shop

XC706
Fantasy
841st
5/4/2018 9:26pm Edited Date/Time 5/4/2018 9:30pm
That bike is the owner of BFD, Dean Thompson, he has been No. 20 for years.
It could also be Mike Brown's ride as he is racing round one of the Canadian outdoor series for BFD.
twotwosix
5/4/2018 9:34pm
Probably a PR stunt like MCR pulled with their #7 bike a few years back.
jeffro503
5/4/2018 10:32pm
I for one....hope he travels north and gives WADA and the FIM , a big ef u !
omalley
5/4/2018 10:57pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Exactly. He should get a giant middle finger butt patch and “WADA” on it.
Boarddesign
Fantasy
1860th
5/4/2018 11:34pm
I saw him yesterday riding his KTM at Glen Helen… I was wondering if he was going up north?
Sully
5/4/2018 11:40pm
jeffro503 wrote:
omalley wrote:
Exactly. He should get a giant middle finger butt patch and “WADA” on it.
WADA just ran the test, it was the FIM who put the suspension in place.
If he does race Canada, I wouldn’t put it past the FIM to really drag their feet and keep the provisional suspension going for as long as they can. they seem petty enough to do some shit like that.
5/5/2018 12:41am
jeffro503 wrote:
Jeffro, you and I both know that WADA wouldn't even know or care who BT is. Just another failed test and doing what they get paid to do.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
5/5/2018 1:11am Edited Date/Time 5/5/2018 1:47am
If Tickle does come to Canada he'll have to be a triple digit number. The number 20 already belongs to Davey Fraser who will be aboard a Husky for the Carlson racing team. As stated above the bike pictured belongs to Dean Thompson of Blackfoot/Blackfoot Direct.

I've touched on the whole Tickle coming to Canada in another thread awhile back.

Seeing that he has a 1 year contract with KTM they could honor it by sending him up North. The KTM team already has their rider in Kaven Benoit and Cole Thompson but with no one riding for the Husky factory team this year they could move him over to that brand and have him race our series like Pourcel did last year if they choose to do so. This would up the chances of the KTM/Husky family bringing another title under their roof.

As for Tickle making a living up here it is possible. I'm not a lawyer but seeing that he's already under contract I would guess that they need to honor it or somehow modify it seeing that we have a smaller series with less exposure. Being that he's a bigger name he would still be able to make money off personal sponsors, gear deal, goggle deal, etc. Unlike our guys up here.

As for the 100K purse mentioned above that's incorrect. The new Rockstar Energy Triple Crown series has a bonus of 100K up for grabs for the 450 rider that scores the most points across all 3 series (AX, MX, SX). The AX portion of the series is already completed therefore Tickle wouldn't qualify for that bonus.

Tickle is currently still riding the KTM but I would assume making the switch to the Husky wouldn't be that difficult to adapt too.

Our MX series starts in 3 weeks on May 26th in Calgary at the Wild Rose MX Park.
GangGreen
9/14/2018 9:37am
Holy Shit, I may have found the substance !!!!!

mxb2
9/14/2018 9:56am
jeffro503 wrote:
Jeffro, you and I both know that WADA wouldn't even know or care who BT is. Just another failed test and doing what they get paid...
Jeffro, you and I both know that WADA wouldn't even know or care who BT is. Just another failed test and doing what they get paid to do.
Bingo .
mxb2
9/14/2018 10:00am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
If Tickle does come to Canada he'll have to be a triple digit number. The number 20 already belongs to Davey Fraser who will be aboard...
If Tickle does come to Canada he'll have to be a triple digit number. The number 20 already belongs to Davey Fraser who will be aboard a Husky for the Carlson racing team. As stated above the bike pictured belongs to Dean Thompson of Blackfoot/Blackfoot Direct.

I've touched on the whole Tickle coming to Canada in another thread awhile back.

Seeing that he has a 1 year contract with KTM they could honor it by sending him up North. The KTM team already has their rider in Kaven Benoit and Cole Thompson but with no one riding for the Husky factory team this year they could move him over to that brand and have him race our series like Pourcel did last year if they choose to do so. This would up the chances of the KTM/Husky family bringing another title under their roof.

As for Tickle making a living up here it is possible. I'm not a lawyer but seeing that he's already under contract I would guess that they need to honor it or somehow modify it seeing that we have a smaller series with less exposure. Being that he's a bigger name he would still be able to make money off personal sponsors, gear deal, goggle deal, etc. Unlike our guys up here.

As for the 100K purse mentioned above that's incorrect. The new Rockstar Energy Triple Crown series has a bonus of 100K up for grabs for the 450 rider that scores the most points across all 3 series (AX, MX, SX). The AX portion of the series is already completed therefore Tickle wouldn't qualify for that bonus.

Tickle is currently still riding the KTM but I would assume making the switch to the Husky wouldn't be that difficult to adapt too.

Our MX series starts in 3 weeks on May 26th in Calgary at the Wild Rose MX Park.
I thought ktm released him?
burn1986
Fantasy
3280th
9/14/2018 10:04am Edited Date/Time 9/14/2018 10:05am
Unfortunately, Tickle is done. I doubt we hear from/about him again. WADA sentences are meant to be just that - a career death sentence. He will have a Stewart-like retirement, just quite a few years earlier and with a whole lot less money.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
9/14/2018 10:14am
As much as I hate WADA's process and lack of communication,

you can be sure as shit that other riders will not try any banned substances or they will end up like this.
peelout
9/14/2018 10:25am
Broc should say fuck you to the FIM and anyone who doesn't have his back and go race where he wants. especially if he can make a pay-check with our friendly neighbors to the north
JD167
9/14/2018 10:43am
He would have to be a total moron to not race in canada. They gave Alessi a ride for christ sake tickle has got to be able to find something up there haha.
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
9/14/2018 10:51am
Ramrod wrote:
As much as I hate WADA's process and lack of communication, you can be sure as shit that other riders will not try any banned substances...

you can be sure as shit that other riders will not try any banned substances or they will end up like this.
Really? Because to hear Broc Tickle tell it, he is absolutely sure he did not.

This whole scenario is "guilty until proven innocent," and un-American.
IWreckALot
9/14/2018 10:59am
Sully wrote:
WADA just ran the test, it was the FIM who put the suspension in place. If he does race Canada, I wouldn’t put it past the...
If he does race Canada, I wouldn’t put it past the FIM to really drag their feet and keep the provisional suspension going for as long as they can. they seem petty enough to do some shit like that.
USADA ran the test and WADA determines the penalty as I understand it.

FIM contracted with WADA/USADA but FIM has 0 control or input on the penalty/suspension.
magoo1982
9/14/2018 11:11am
Ramrod wrote:
As much as I hate WADA's process and lack of communication, you can be sure as shit that other riders will not try any banned substances...

Falcon wrote:

Recent news show , cant remember if it was 60 minutes ,had story about the Russians being pissed that so many of their Olympic athletes were banned . They reported they have been in wada comp systems screwin with results etc..
RichieW13
Fantasy
2889th
9/14/2018 11:20am
peelout wrote:
Broc should say fuck you to the FIM and anyone who doesn't have his back and go race where he wants. especially if he can make...
Broc should say fuck you to the FIM and anyone who doesn't have his back and go race where he wants. especially if he can make a pay-check with our friendly neighbors to the north
I don't think FIM will care if he does that. How much money has Tickle made in his career? Has he made enough, that he can survive without racing for a few years?

It may be worth it to him to forego racing one-off events if it means his suspension can end sooner. The trouble is, after 4 years off from racing he would probably have to pay his own way and prove himself before any team is willing to fund him.
9/14/2018 11:20am
jeffro503 wrote:
Jeffro, you and I both know that WADA wouldn't even know or care who BT is. Just another failed test and doing what they get paid...
mxb2 wrote:
Bingo .
Unfortunately. And that is a problem in itself. Riders that are valuable to this sport are worthless to WADA. They DGAF about the nature of the sport or the absurdity of applying an Olympic style penalty system. They can't even be bothered to act professionally, and communicate the most basic information with Broc and his lawyer. They suck, and it sucks that we are beholden to them, period. Such an inept organization should not hold the power to destroy riders' careers. Broc, the sport, and we as fans, deserve better.
APLMAN99
9/14/2018 5:46pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
If Tickle does come to Canada he'll have to be a triple digit number. The number 20 already belongs to Davey Fraser who will be aboard...

His contract was terminated. He’s a free agent.
APLMAN99
9/14/2018 5:51pm
Sully wrote:
WADA just ran the test, it was the FIM who put the suspension in place. If he does race Canada, I wouldn’t put it past the...
IWreckALot wrote:
USADA ran the test and WADA determines the penalty as I understand it. FIM contracted with WADA/USADA but FIM has 0 control or input on the...
USADA ran the test and WADA determines the penalty as I understand it.

FIM contracted with WADA/USADA but FIM has 0 control or input on the penalty/suspension.
WADA has penalty guidelines that organizations agree to follow if they become affiliated with them. Technically the penalty would be issued by the FIM, but they would have to make a really strong case for reducing Tickle’s penalty to avoid violating their contract with WADA.
MR. X
9/14/2018 6:09pm
Ramrod wrote:

Falcon wrote:

Wow,the guy that got caught cheating says he's innocent . He pissed hot which means he's guilty of breaking the rules. It shouldn't be that hard to understand.
jbrown15
9/14/2018 6:11pm
burn1986 wrote:
Unfortunately, Tickle is done. I doubt we hear from/about him again. WADA sentences are meant to be just that - a career death sentence. He will...
Unfortunately, Tickle is done. I doubt we hear from/about him again. WADA sentences are meant to be just that - a career death sentence. He will have a Stewart-like retirement, just quite a few years earlier and with a whole lot less money.
Brock could be riding right now up in Canada but he didn't want to mess things up with WADA. I think he was hoping they wouldn't have been a little quicker with his case.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
9/14/2018 6:19pm
Ramrod wrote:

Falcon wrote:

MR. X wrote:
Wow,the guy that got caught cheating says he's innocent . He pissed hot which means he's guilty of breaking the rules. It shouldn't be that hard...
Wow,the guy that got caught cheating says he's innocent . He pissed hot which means he's guilty of breaking the rules. It shouldn't be that hard to understand.
Whether Broc did something knowingly or unknowingly, regardless, the long process of uncertainty sucks and seems unfair.

I’m sure all the guys are on high alert of what they eat or take now and will be squeaky clean.
mxb2
9/14/2018 6:22pm
Falcon wrote:

MR. X wrote:
Wow,the guy that got caught cheating says he's innocent . He pissed hot which means he's guilty of breaking the rules. It shouldn't be that hard...
Ramrod wrote:
Whether Broc did something knowingly or unknowingly, regardless, the long process of uncertainty sucks and seems unfair. I’m sure all the guys are on high alert...
Whether Broc did something knowingly or unknowingly, regardless, the long process of uncertainty sucks and seems unfair.

I’m sure all the guys are on high alert of what they eat or take now and will be squeaky clean.
Figure they would learn after stewart and clason.

Post a reply to: WADA ya think this is all about?

The Latest