Want to thank the Australian riders

...for giving it their best shot. Although it was utterly heartbreaking for me personally, it was a heroic effort from a small population from the other side of the world to everything. Tough conditions and competition and to be running 2nd at one point in the 2nd moto was awesome.
Hunter Lawrence is just a massive new shining light and won a lot of new fans worldwide with his talent, heart and determination.
I'll start saving now for Red Bud to take the family. MXoN is by far the best race in the world.
|
10/1/2017 3:29pm
I agree they rode their socks off and lawrence impressed a lot of us, his attitude to the sport makes me a fan of his.
Jrewing
10/1/2017 3:37pm
Did well. Ferris got done on the starts u fortunately.
Next year we will be there again
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
10/1/2017 3:49pm
Massive effort from all involved. 2 Australian based riders and teams that had to muster up the resources at the end of the outdoors and in the middle of the local supercross season is a massive effort. Not many countries have it tougher when it comes to the logistics of lining up at this event but they do it well every single year. Hats off to all involved

Hunter Lawrence is going places fast, he's going to win some very big races very shortly. And that was a pretty sweet top hat the bloke was rocking as well.

Gibbsy killed it, on paper he was the weak link but definitely showed that he's world class when it comes to outdoor racing.

Ferris didn't have his best weekend but as if the Des Nations isn't wild enough they decide to add mud this year so it basically became a lottery for the guys who got rough starts.

Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
10/1/2017 3:51pm
I wish Ferris stayed on his 17 Yamaha, he had that thing set up sweet

The Shop

RG1
10/1/2017 3:54pm
The guy who was supposed to be the strongest ended up with their worst results in the end. I was very impressed with them though. Lawrence was fantastic and Gibbs surprised the hell out of me, he put in some great rides. As a GB fan they definitely had me worried going into the last Moto
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
10/1/2017 4:15pm
What was wrong with ferris? Expected a lot more from him. Lawrence and Gibbs (at least in moto 2) were surprisingly good
10/1/2017 4:35pm
crusty_xx wrote:
What was wrong with ferris? Expected a lot more from him. Lawrence and Gibbs (at least in moto 2) were surprisingly good
I wouldnt say anything was wrong with ferris. It was muddy and shit happens.

They all rode awesome
JB479
10/1/2017 4:36pm
crusty_xx wrote:
He had no rear tyre left after lighting it up on the startgate.
10/1/2017 6:04pm
haydos25 wrote:
Massive effort from all involved. 2 Australian based riders and teams that had to muster up the resources at the end of the outdoors and in...
Massive effort from all involved. 2 Australian based riders and teams that had to muster up the resources at the end of the outdoors and in the middle of the local supercross season is a massive effort. Not many countries have it tougher when it comes to the logistics of lining up at this event but they do it well every single year. Hats off to all involved

Hunter Lawrence is going places fast, he's going to win some very big races very shortly. And that was a pretty sweet top hat the bloke was rocking as well.

Gibbsy killed it, on paper he was the weak link but definitely showed that he's world class when it comes to outdoor racing.

Ferris didn't have his best weekend but as if the Des Nations isn't wild enough they decide to add mud this year so it basically became a lottery for the guys who got rough starts.

How I should have written this. Sorry I missed out the team guys but the heads a bit foggy after this weekend. Gary Ben is there every year, using all his contacts to arrange loaner factory bikes etc, and as are many others beind the scene's. And especially the mechanics who bust their balls to get the bikes going as best they can in limited time in a foreign country. Deano obviously had a bad weekend and there would be reasons for it, but I garantee you it wouldn't be from not trying.
Stoop
Fantasy
767th
10/1/2017 6:27pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2017 6:27pm
i think Ferris is still buried out on the track some where

Hunter Lawrence boy oh boy this kid is really going to be something and with word on the street that his brother could be even better, wow, Australian mx is going to be in good hands for years to come

Kirk Gibbs, unbelievable weekend, everyone in Aus knows he is fast, but to be able to beat the likes of Wilson and Covington straight up in the qualifier and running third for so long in moto 2 really was an eye opener and hope it can open some doors for him on the world stage.
brash
10/1/2017 6:38pm
All the boys did well, Lawrence proved he is the real deal. Might see him in the AMA before too long I would imagine.

Very convenient that I'll be in the USA for my Honeymoon next year when redbud is on!

jemcee
10/1/2017 6:41pm
Yep! Good results are one thing, but I still feel pride when I see there's zero quit in them during the races..
It seems the old Aussie des Nations shitty luck is still around.. Maybe next year haha
Jrewing
10/1/2017 7:33pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2017 7:35pm
Derpin' DJ wrote:
I thought he was on the 18 too
jemcee
10/1/2017 7:38pm
Derpin' DJ wrote:
Jrewing wrote:
I thought he was on the 18 too
He's on the 18 in SX but was on the 17 for the des nations
BS12
10/1/2017 8:10pm
Legends. True Aussie grit. Gibbs was the surprise for me. Knew he was good but he definitely stepped it up. Shame about Ferris but everyone has their bad weekends and everyone has already seen what he really is capable of.

Good work boys.

Post a reply to: Want to thank the Australian riders

The Latest