Washougal Race Format

mtl
7/21/2017 10:07pm
Whats the race format for amateur days @ Washougal? 2 moto? 3 moto?
|
crc245
7/21/2017 10:27pm
Two motos per class, usually short and very few laps (with an extremely limited AM practice)...Best bet is usually to check the Thursday/Friday race schedule and sign up for a class each day.

A few notes for you: Be sure to have a current AMA card and be ready for the price gouging; the price per lap is quite steep (but worth it to ride such a rad track, National weekend!)...Pack extra tearoffs and a set of roll offs, just in case with the weather (and galoshes, umbrella, ez-up, etcetera if you're staying at the track)...The track personnel are SUPER strict about outside booze and prohibited items, if you're camping be sure to stash it well!...Amateur Days don't use the National start, but it's still a dirt start; just the old-school lower location...Horsepower Hill has some of the best viewing spots (and a bit of cover if there's moisture)...Make sure to rip your shirt off for those 125 blokes...Have fun, tear it up, and best of luck!
wildbill
7/21/2017 10:56pm
Yep, and it's been several years since I've been due to the gouging and inherent class dismissal, but a well placed ama card around the neck worked wonders for entry everywhere, back in the day. Wink

My first time racing there was when they ran the track backwards. Horsepower hill was scary shit on a 500 going down it. I had no brake pads after the send.

Post a reply to: Washougal Race Format

The Latest