Watches for motocross

10/24/2018 8:15am
I’m sorry I know this has been asked before but obviously times move quickly.

I’m hoping to get a watch that can be used for my running and also help me at the track with laptimes?

Some people say these watches can give laptimes so I’m hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I’m considering the Garmin Fenix 5 or a Polar M430 or higher ?
|
MBR
10/24/2018 8:20am
Apple Watch and Litpro is the best combo!
10/24/2018 8:20am
I’m sorry I know this has been asked before but obviously times move quickly. I’m hoping to get a watch that can be used for my...
I’m sorry I know this has been asked before but obviously times move quickly.

I’m hoping to get a watch that can be used for my running and also help me at the track with laptimes?

Some people say these watches can give laptimes so I’m hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I’m considering the Garmin Fenix 5 or a Polar M430 or higher ?
I have the same problem, running a POLAR V800 but it’s hard to tell the time when I’m riding...
kNewc
10/24/2018 8:51am Edited Date/Time 10/24/2018 8:52am
If you want the best of all worlds get the Garmin or Polar. I don't have experience with those devices but at that price, just get the one that you think you'll like best. For $500 or so, you could get the Polar watch and Crossbox. Or if you can afford it get the LitPro and maybe a cheaper watch (Polar).

The Shop

10/24/2018 9:21am
I would love to have the litpro and a watch but I thought that only worked with the Apple Watch ?

I’m not sure how good the litpro would be here in the uk ? Not many people use it
kNewc
10/24/2018 9:54am Edited Date/Time 10/24/2018 10:46am
I would love to have the litpro and a watch but I thought that only worked with the Apple Watch ? I’m not sure how good...
I would love to have the litpro and a watch but I thought that only worked with the Apple Watch ?

I’m not sure how good the litpro would be here in the uk ? Not many people use it
If you want some plain lap timing and things good for exercising, get any of the GPS watches of your liking. They all have similar GPS system specs and will perform great. If you are really hard-core about training and about lap times, get the LitPro. It has a more accurate GPS and is perfect for those guys wanting to get a tenth of a second off their last lap. If you are just wanting to squeeze out a couple seconds on the next weekend of racing any watch will be perfect.
Dcope17
10/24/2018 10:11am
Look for a watch that will do "lap by position". However, my Garmin 920xt does that however it only tells me my number of laps and average lap. Mine is an obsolete design though, newer ones probably have no problem with that task.
Sc2
10/24/2018 11:23am Edited Date/Time 10/24/2018 12:00pm
Tom tom spark...about £115

There's 2 ways of doing it, ok not ms precise but not bad

1.find out the distance of the track, you can always go onto google Earth and draw the line following the track then it will give you the distance your looking for,or do a practice lap and record your distance, let's say the track is 1mile, so set distance to 1mile,press start at the start of your lap,then it will give your lap times at 1mile intervals,

2. You can manually acknowledge lap times, strap the watch to your bars and every time you complete your lap,quickly place your hand over the screen , only has to be for 1 or 2 seconds then this will record your laps.ok not ideal taking your hand off the bars, but atleast you don't have to piss about pressing buttons

Unless ur some sort of pro, I think this is about as good as it gets for the money, plus you get a watch to ware for other activities
DTR830
Fantasy
1131st
10/24/2018 2:02pm
crossbox lap timing

Post a reply to: Watches for motocross

The Latest