Webb, Mosiman, Marchbanks, Preston & Keefer on Pulpmx Show Tonight!

Matthes
Webb, Mosiman, Marchbanks on Pulpmx Show Tonight

Round two of the nationals are done and we’ll have plenty to talk about tonight on the Pulpmx Show presented by BTOSports.com and Fly Racing. Kris Keefer just completed his two race national series for the MCR Honda team and he’ll join Steve Matthes in-studio to go over that, the first two rounds in general and more.

Red Bull KTM’s Cooper Webb has that 450SX title in his back pocket and good rides through the first two nationals as well. We’ll have Cooper on the show to talk about his first four motos, that remarkable supercross season and more.

Rockstar Husqvarna’s Michael Mosiman had a strong second half of the supercross season and has started the nationals well also. We’ll have Michael on tonight to talk about his improvement, what he thought of Pala and more.

Pro Circuit Kawasaki’s Garret Marchbanks did well at Pala in coming through the pack to get a couple of top tens not to mention his pole position last week at Hangtown. We’ll have Garrett on tonight to talk about his first four motos of the nationals.

Jason Thomas from Fly Racing on at some point to offer up his analysis, waffle a bit and make us laugh.

Got a question for the show? Tweet @pulpmxshow and our guy Travis will do his best to get it answered on the BTOSports.com Tweet at Travis segment.

We’ll also read off some Race Tech emails. Our hosts will be under the gun with the EKS Brand goggles Tear Off segment. The Gear Alloy Cold Call is always fun also right?

What you’ll want to do is log-in to Pulpmxshow.com at 6PM PST/9PM EST and we’ll be streaming live and hosting a chat room. As usual, you can call in at anytime during the show to talk to the guest or the hosts at 702-586-PULP (7857).

You can listen live on your smartphone with the Tune In App by searching Pulpmx Show and listen live on the Pulpmx App as well.

You can listen to the show the next day on Stitcher.com as well as the Pulpmx App on your smartphone or iTunes for download. It will also be available the next day on Pulpmxshow.com.

Thanks to our sponsor BTOSports.com. BTOSports.com is your #1 source for motocross gear and accessories with Free Shipping WORLDWIDE. BTO Sports is your number one source for all of your motocross parts, gear, accessories and apparel. BTOSports.com is a motocross company who is truly dedicated to the sport.

The PulpMX Show is also presented by Fly Racing. Fly Racing is the industry standard for motocross and off-road gear, as well as our hard parts and accessories. Also Fly Racing and parent company Western Power Sports are now a premier-level partner for the Lucas Oils Pro Motocross and Monster Energy Supercross Championship. These are just a few ways that Fly Racing is becoming more and more involved in the sport that we all love. Check out what Fly Racing has been up to at their website FlyRacing.com and on social media @flyracingusa.

The Pulpmx show is also brought to you by X-Brand Goggles, Race Tech Suspension, Vertex Pistons, Vortex Racing, EVS, Gear Alloy, Roost MX Graphics, Firepower, FMF Racing, GET Data, Atlas Neck Braces, Maxima Oils, Michelin StarCross 5, Works Connection, DUBYA Wheels, Pro Filter, Honda World Downey, Ride Engineering, OGIO, MotorcycleIndustryjobs.com and Guts Racing

|
Badd127
Fantasy
2195th
5/27/2019 2:01pm
"You probably didn't know about it, because I went under the name of Mike Honcho "
Casting
5/28/2019 2:27pm Edited Date/Time 5/28/2019 2:29pm
Whoever wrote those "Open letter to Cooper Webb Pt. 1, 2. and 3." definitely called in last night to talk to Coop, That was awkward. Check out the 43 minute mark on the show. Its a little after that

Webb did kind of seem iffy when he said des Nations this year would be a 'cool race to attend' or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

The Shop

ProKawi24
5/28/2019 2:39pm
Casting wrote:
Whoever wrote those "Open letter to Cooper Webb Pt. 1, 2. and 3." definitely called in last night to talk to Coop, That was awkward. Check...
Whoever wrote those "Open letter to Cooper Webb Pt. 1, 2. and 3." definitely called in last night to talk to Coop, That was awkward. Check out the 43 minute mark on the show. Its a little after that

Webb did kind of seem iffy when he said des Nations this year would be a 'cool race to attend' or maybe I'm reading too much into it.
Exactly what I was thinking when that dude called in for Webb. You could tell Matthes was trying to end the call when the creepy factor started to quickly escalate lol.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
5/28/2019 2:56pm
Casting wrote:
Whoever wrote those "Open letter to Cooper Webb Pt. 1, 2. and 3." definitely called in last night to talk to Coop, That was awkward. Check...

ProKawi24 wrote:
Exactly what I was thinking when that dude called in for Webb. You could tell Matthes was trying to end the call when the creepy factor...
Exactly what I was thinking when that dude called in for Webb. You could tell Matthes was trying to end the call when the creepy factor started to quickly escalate lol.
Dude sounded like a cross between Herbert and Greased Up Deaf Guy from Family Guy
ProKawi24
5/28/2019 3:06pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Dude sounded like a cross between Herbert and Greased Up Deaf Guy from Family Guy
No joke that's exactly what I was thinking! haha.
aeffertz
5/29/2019 9:44am
Casting wrote:

Dude, YES! I’m just catching up on this week’s show and was coming to this thread to comment the same exact thing. That was the creepy open letter guy for sure, man that was awkward.
Hudd_421
5/29/2019 10:16am
Callers...If you're going to call in and ask a question...

1. Do not ask how everyone is doing...Just ask your question
2. Please call in with a question or something you think the audience would benefit from...not "Hey man, I met you and you were really cool..."
3. Do not freeze up and ask "Would you ride for the USA if picked for des Nations?" Like really? Other than Tomac, has anyone ever said no to this (atleast publicly?)

Anyone notice Chris from back in the day (who was the most gringy caller of all time) called in???
Casting
5/29/2019 10:19am
Casting wrote:

aeffertz wrote:
Dude, YES! I’m just catching up on this week’s show and was coming to this thread to comment the same exact thing. That was the creepy...
Dude, YES! I’m just catching up on this week’s show and was coming to this thread to comment the same exact thing. That was the creepy open letter guy for sure, man that was awkward.
Haha yeah dude, it was my first thought.

I'm surprised more calls don't go sideways or end up being awkward.
MelonFan123
5/29/2019 10:40am
Hudd_421 wrote:
Callers...If you're going to call in and ask a question... 1. Do not ask how everyone is doing...Just ask your question 2. Please call in with...

2. Please call in with a question or something you think the audience would benefit from...not "Hey man, I met you and you were really cool..."
3. Do not freeze up and ask "Would you ride for the USA if picked for des Nations?" Like really? Other than Tomac, has anyone ever said no to this (atleast publicly?)

Anyone notice Chris from back in the day (who was the most gringy caller of all time) called in???
YES!!

Max Kellerman (ESPN personality/commentator guy) used to host a sports talk radio show here in LA with Marcellus Wiley (former NFL player) and a common reaction was an instant hang up on any caller that asked them how they were doing.

They would immediately go off for a few minutes on how they are fine and NO ONE NEEDS TO ASK.

Always bugs me when Pulp callers do that. Just get to your question or comment!
Hudd_421
5/29/2019 10:55am
In my opinion (not complaining, love the show) but Steve could do a few things to really improve the show

1. Have Marx screen the calls (tell callers to not ask how their doing...blah blah)
2. Get on YouTube. Facebook live is dumb. No one uses it. Get on YouTube like the rest of streaming society
3. The "call 702 numbers numbers numbers if you've got a question for..." plug right in the middle of the interview. Kills the flow, number is read too fast for anyone to even write down, and if someone wants to call they can get the number in the beginning of the show

Doing pretty well if my gripes are all minor! but just my two cents as a die hard for for over 10 years now.

early
Fantasy
2212th
5/29/2019 11:00am
Hudd is spot-on
5/29/2019 12:47pm
Hudd_421 wrote:
In my opinion (not complaining, love the show) but Steve could do a few things to really improve the show 1. Have Marx screen the calls...
In my opinion (not complaining, love the show) but Steve could do a few things to really improve the show

1. Have Marx screen the calls (tell callers to not ask how their doing...blah blah)
2. Get on YouTube. Facebook live is dumb. No one uses it. Get on YouTube like the rest of streaming society
3. The "call 702 numbers numbers numbers if you've got a question for..." plug right in the middle of the interview. Kills the flow, number is read too fast for anyone to even write down, and if someone wants to call they can get the number in the beginning of the show

Doing pretty well if my gripes are all minor! but just my two cents as a die hard for for over 10 years now.

Agree with most of this, although as a long-time Pulp listener, that 702-586-7857 number is engrained in my head and I've only called in a half-dozen times. Every radio show does that if they need callers. Agree big time on the Youtube vs Facebook. Makes playback much easier and Facebook is a goddamn cesspool. You'd think they'd catch the hint that they have problems literally every show with FB. Joe Rogan is on youtube for a reason.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
5/29/2019 1:01pm
Call in's are uncontrolled content, Steve and Marx do their best but once a guy gets rambling, it's tough.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
5/29/2019 1:03pm
Badd127 wrote:
"You probably didn't know about it, because I went under the name of Mike Honcho "
"But I just wanted you to know that. If you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow...that I spread my buttcheeks as Mike Honcho."
yak651
Fantasy
214th
5/29/2019 1:09pm
Haven't finished listening to the entire episode, but when they were talking about Keefer's experience they mentioned about getting yelled at by the AMA bud didn't expand on why. What was that about?
Hudd_421
5/29/2019 1:10pm
yak651 wrote:
Haven't finished listening to the entire episode, but when they were talking about Keefer's experience they mentioned about getting yelled at by the AMA bud didn't...
Haven't finished listening to the entire episode, but when they were talking about Keefer's experience they mentioned about getting yelled at by the AMA bud didn't expand on why. What was that about?
Crossing the track right as practice started.
Hudd_421
5/29/2019 1:16pm
Hudd_421 wrote:
In my opinion (not complaining, love the show) but Steve could do a few things to really improve the show 1. Have Marx screen the calls...

Agree with most of this, although as a long-time Pulp listener, that 702-586-7857 number is engrained in my head and I've only called in a half-dozen...
Agree with most of this, although as a long-time Pulp listener, that 702-586-7857 number is engrained in my head and I've only called in a half-dozen times. Every radio show does that if they need callers. Agree big time on the Youtube vs Facebook. Makes playback much easier and Facebook is a goddamn cesspool. You'd think they'd catch the hint that they have problems literally every show with FB. Joe Rogan is on youtube for a reason.
haha right? You'd think I'd have that number memorized as well. But I get that, although caller questions are usually not great. I'd rather hear a thought provoking question from Steve, rather than Johnny Luvs-Racing ask if Cooper would race des Nations.

About the YouTube thing, and just other show refinements,I think the show needs an actual producer. Steve does a great job content wise, and Marx does a great job handling the audio and callers. However, it feels like there needs to be someone who looks at the show objectively and can advise on things like YouTube, how to handle callers/screening, interviewing questions and so on.

5/29/2019 1:43pm
Hudd_421 wrote:
Callers...If you're going to call in and ask a question... 1. Do not ask how everyone is doing...Just ask your question 2. Please call in with...

I find that the calls on the Pulp show are usually much better, or at least more relevant than most of the calls on the Moto:60 show. It's supposed to be about the upcoming race but half the show is spent talking about gear. I understand Fly sponsors the show but man it's tough to listen at times.
aeffertz
5/29/2019 2:04pm Edited Date/Time 5/29/2019 2:45pm
I find that the calls on the Pulp show are usually much better, or at least more relevant than most of the calls on the Moto:60...
I find that the calls on the Pulp show are usually much better, or at least more relevant than most of the calls on the Moto:60 show. It's supposed to be about the upcoming race but half the show is spent talking about gear. I understand Fly sponsors the show but man it's tough to listen at times.
I think a lot of people just call in hopes to get some free stuff and think of some random question just to get on.
ProKawi24
5/29/2019 2:43pm
aeffertz wrote:
I think a lot of people just call in hopes to get some free stuff and think of some random question just to get on.
Except the guy that called for Webb....he legit wants to adopt him just so he can literally call him son.
hamncheeze
5/29/2019 9:40pm
Wasn't the guy who called in with the Webb love Clint Bowyer the NASCAR driver?? I swear that was who he said it was.....
hamncheeze
5/29/2019 9:42pm
FWIW, I listened to the archive yesterday and I was super-impressed with Mosiman's interview. Kid seems very intelligent and mature, hope he keeps on his upward trajectory!

Post a reply to: Webb, Mosiman, Marchbanks, Preston & Keefer on Pulpmx Show Tonight!

The Latest