Weege just Hit the Nail Squarely on the Head...

Zaugg
Edited Date/Time 5/15/2020 10:27pm
This is a MUST WATCH. Hopefully this gets shared outside our small moto community.

|
akmx17
5/12/2020 5:41pm Edited Date/Time 5/12/2020 5:41pm
Summarization would be cool
bvm111
5/12/2020 5:43pm
watch it you lazy ass
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
5/12/2020 5:48pm
I watched it yesterday and I agree, but I dont see that changing anytime soon
CM_84
5/12/2020 5:56pm
Couldn't agree more.
Weege seems like an intelligent and centred dude.

The Shop

Ted722
5/12/2020 7:30pm Edited Date/Time 5/13/2020 8:36am
The more we understand this, the more we can adopt or reject world/national/state policy for our own local communities or personal situations.

You either have full trust in your government, you don’t, or are somewhere in the middle. And as many have said, there is no one size fits all.

This last few months has enlightened many on the impact our elected leaders can have on our daily lives. Not happy with it? Make a change. Move. Change jobs. Run for a local gov’t seat, etc. Life’s all about choices.

The very thing that makes the United States imperfect, makes it perfect. See the positive in this life changing event. Be better. Be a role model for your family or co-workers or your community.

And make choices based on common sense, as common sense wins over cognitive bias any day. It’s much more grounded in the real(your) world, the world you can control.
str8line
5/12/2020 7:34pm
When Weege speaks I am often left in awe of his ability to sum up a situation on live TV without ever putting a word wrong or any hesitation in his thoughts. We are so lucky to have him in our sport.
gjbruny
5/12/2020 8:03pm
Ive always liked Jason.... but my respect for the man went way up after listening to that. What he spoke about is so true on so many levels, it is also fundamentally the problem with all media these days. At least there is one journalist that “gets it.”
JM485
5/12/2020 8:10pm
Ted722 wrote:
The more we understand this, the more we can adopt or reject world/national/state policy for our own local communities or personal situations. You either have full...
The more we understand this, the more we can adopt or reject world/national/state policy for our own local communities or personal situations.

You either have full trust in your government, you don’t, or are somewhere in the middle. And as many have said, there is no one size fits all.

This last few months has enlightened many on the impact our elected leaders can have on our daily lives. Not happy with it? Make a change. Move. Change jobs. Run for a local gov’t seat, etc. Life’s all about choices.

The very thing that makes the United States imperfect, makes it perfect. See the positive in this life changing event. Be better. Be a role model for your family or co-workers or your community.

And make choices based on common sense, as common sense wins over cognitive bias any day. It’s much more grounded in the real(your) world, the world you can control.
This 100%. Some people are going to come out of this 15 lbs heavier, and others are going to come out of this with a massive amount of knowledge gained and a plan of how to take advantage of the coming months. The best piece of advice I think I ever heard was “life doesn’t happen to you”, and it couldn’t be more true. Ya, we might get some kicks in the nuts like what’s happening right now, but every last one of us has the choice to come out of a situation better or worse than we went going in.
FWYT
5/12/2020 8:14pm
That was good. Nice job, Weege.

It would be nice if that clip went out beyond our circle.
Project 2501
Fantasy
288th
5/12/2020 8:34pm
It’s so ok to not know. Applying scientific method is never a bad idea. All can fight about the results but so long as the bias is recognized and the raw data is valued as a source of truth the results have less bias on our personal belief structure.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
5/12/2020 8:34pm
Ted722 wrote:
The more we understand this, the more we can adopt or reject world/national/state policy for our own local communities or personal situations. You either have full...

Well said.
5/12/2020 9:19pm
Great message. His baseball vs moto analogy is actually a great example of cognitive bias against other sports. There are plenty of nuances beyond how fast they throw the ball.
Motoxdoc
5/12/2020 11:04pm Edited Date/Time 5/12/2020 11:06pm
gjbruny wrote:
Ive always liked Jason.... but my respect for the man went way up after listening to that. What he spoke about is so true on so...
Ive always liked Jason.... but my respect for the man went way up after listening to that. What he spoke about is so true on so many levels, it is also fundamentally the problem with all media these days. At least there is one journalist that “gets it.”
”It is also fundamentally the problem with all media these days”

I don’t believe that to be true at all. In fact, I believe if you pointed to a couple examples that support your statement...your comment might be a little bit of what Weege is talking about.

I believe there is some really good non-biased media out there...but If you think “all media” are biased where do you get your information from?

BTW, Weege nailed it, and all those comments about him being good for the sport are spot on!...imo.
crowe176
5/13/2020 4:10am
Weege cutting his own hair then?
ti473
5/13/2020 4:57am Edited Date/Time 5/13/2020 4:57am
I agree, he nailed it. Especially at the end when he says the thing that is the most concerning in the long run is the polarizing that drives us apart each and every day, not just on this issue, but on everything.
tydog
5/13/2020 5:33am
Damned good watch. Well done Jason.
DonM
5/13/2020 6:21am
Weege needs to clean his desk....
Hank_Thrill
5/13/2020 6:51am
Some of you may find this interesting as well. Weege seems to echo some of his research.

stone881
5/13/2020 7:11am
This is a war and you are living under a rock if you don't think it is.

Do you think leftists want you to ride a loud, polluting ICE machine of any kind?
Do you think they want you to be able to ride that machine on a track near their home, in the woods far from their home, or anyone in between?
Do you think that they are ok with you hunting to support your family, defending yourself with a gun, or shooting targets?
Do you think that they want you to have a public voice if your message is in opposition to theirs?

Wake up, your way of life is at stake and this plandemic is another major step towards locking your ass down. The revered icon of the left is Bill Ayers, and other Marxists, and you are their enemy. And if you think that this is bs, consider the 10 planks of the Communist Manifesto and how far down that road the US of A is.

1. Abolition of private property in land and application of all rents of land to public purpose.
2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
3. Abolition of all rights of inheritance.
4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
5. Centralization of credit in the hands of the state, by means of a national bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly.
6. Centralization of the means of communication and transportation in the hands of the state.
7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state; the bringing into cultivation of waste lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
8. Equal obligation of all to work. Establishment of Industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country by a more equable distribution of the population over the country.
10. Free education for all children in government schools. Abolition of children's factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production, etc. etc.
gt80rider
5/13/2020 7:15am
akmx17 wrote:
I second this ... I dig weege, but that had better be one hell of a video to take 15 minutes of my life away....
Question
5/13/2020 7:31am Edited Date/Time 5/13/2020 7:33am
stone881 wrote:
This is a war and you are living under a rock if you don't think it is. Do you think leftists want you to ride a...
This is a war and you are living under a rock if you don't think it is.

Do you think leftists want you to ride a loud, polluting ICE machine of any kind?
Do you think they want you to be able to ride that machine on a track near their home, in the woods far from their home, or anyone in between?
Do you think that they are ok with you hunting to support your family, defending yourself with a gun, or shooting targets?
Do you think that they want you to have a public voice if your message is in opposition to theirs?

Wake up, your way of life is at stake and this plandemic is another major step towards locking your ass down. The revered icon of the left is Bill Ayers, and other Marxists, and you are their enemy. And if you think that this is bs, consider the 10 planks of the Communist Manifesto and how far down that road the US of A is.

1. Abolition of private property in land and application of all rents of land to public purpose.
2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
3. Abolition of all rights of inheritance.
4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
5. Centralization of credit in the hands of the state, by means of a national bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly.
6. Centralization of the means of communication and transportation in the hands of the state.
7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state; the bringing into cultivation of waste lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
8. Equal obligation of all to work. Establishment of Industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country by a more equable distribution of the population over the country.
10. Free education for all children in government schools. Abolition of children's factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production, etc. etc.
Brainwashed by fake information on anti social medias?

Just by being able to write so much BS shows how much a free country it is.
5/13/2020 7:45am
If you're serious about making a change you can do a few things, turn off all media TV and social media, these rules only have power over you if you subscribe to it otherwise how would you know.

The hard one is throw your smart phone away because going forward the smart is the key to what they want going forward, and remember there was a time were most of us here lived without one and life was good if not better.

It would not surprise me if they rate cases off smartphone tracking data.
number six
5/13/2020 8:38am
An illustrative example of why an education & a curious mind are of value.
davistld01
5/13/2020 8:46am
I love the fact that Weege isn't filming that from some buffed out Moto-Garage or office...he's filming from his computer in a messy extra-bedroom/storage-room/makeshift-offce that looks like he has a family, and is just like most of us. Ha! Check out the desktop behind him on the right! My desk at home looks just like that...

Weege is a down to earth guy.
MotoCoUSA
5/13/2020 8:55am
The art of disagreeing and talking things out has been lost. Good points from Weege. One thing that I feel, in my uneducated opinion, why this whole coronavirus ordeal is much different than other types of virus’ is the fear of the unknown. We don’t know or understand this virus so everyone has their opinion on how to handle it without actually knowing what the right way is. Thus, leaving us none medical professionals to rely on and form our own ways to interpret what information is being fed to us wherever we get it from.

Unfortunately there is no stopping either side of the political spectrum from making this a political issue and pushing their agenda however they can.
Ted722
5/13/2020 9:02am Edited Date/Time 5/13/2020 10:37am
akmx17 wrote:
gt80rider wrote:
I second this ... I dig weege, but that had better be one hell of a video to take 15 minutes of my life away....
Quite a bit of time spent on cognitive bias. A psychological term born in the 70's, that's been thrown around lately. In my local community, it has not been much of an issue. But, on the National stage, it's prevalent.

In my "uneducated" opinion, those who have greater degrees of cognitive bias are small (closed) minded folk who conveniently(and ironically) use that term to dismiss the opinions of others because that other person's opinion is "polluted" with cognitive bias. It's a viscous circle that wastes a lot of good brain cells on trying to save the world.

We all have cognitive bias in lesser or greater degrees. We're humans with thousands of years of programming (mostly positive), it is what it is. As stated before, the only way out of this is from the ground up. In your communities, as a positive force. Either stay in your lane or move to another. Whether that be political, economic and/or geographic.

Edit: physiological changed to psychological. Although, there could be a case for physiological as well, as we're all "wired" differently from the get go.
aeffertz
5/13/2020 9:26am
If you're serious about making a change you can do a few things, turn off all media TV and social media, these rules only have power...
If you're serious about making a change you can do a few things, turn off all media TV and social media, these rules only have power over you if you subscribe to it otherwise how would you know.

The hard one is throw your smart phone away because going forward the smart is the key to what they want going forward, and remember there was a time were most of us here lived without one and life was good if not better.

A phone is just a tool, a very helpful one at that. How you choose to use it is up to you.
5/13/2020 9:39am Edited Date/Time 5/13/2020 9:55am
If you're serious about making a change you can do a few things, turn off all media TV and social media, these rules only have power...

Just another reason I don't do any social disease media. How long until it's mandated and you are forced to use "social media"? Nah...that will never happen. lol.

Life was definitely better without cell phones. They are a scourge on society....distracted driving/deaths, rude assholes talking loudly on them in restaurants, people walking looking down at their screen oblivious to the world around them, the list is endless. The problem now...they're making it so you cannot live/function without one.

I typically only use mine for calls, information searches and streaming music when I'm out and about. I don't keep it near me during the day. Ask me how many apps I've installed on it. Less than a handful. Read the "agreements" of the apps you are loading on your phone. It's chilling.

It's too late, the sheeple are addicted.

We're quickly becoming a mix of Orwells 1984 and Aldous Huxleys "Brave New World".

olds cool
5/13/2020 9:54am
According to these “experts”, it’s okay to get on an airplane with a mask on and breathe recirculated air, stand in line at the liquor store (an essential business...), wander around the home improvement mega store or Wal Mart, etc but we can’t go to the beach or park and get some fresh air. Yeah, they're so smart...

Post a reply to: Weege just Hit the Nail Squarely on the Head...

The Latest