Weird KTM

kongols
1/29/2018 8:12am
So, Prado goes to 450 De Carli with Cairoli. Herlings is at 250 team with Jonass.
|
TriRacer27
Fantasy
42nd
1/29/2018 8:20am
Not surprising. Isnt de carli at least partly owned by cairoli? If so, would you blame herlings for not wanting to ride for a team so invested in you main rival?
kongols
1/29/2018 8:26am
TriRacer27 wrote:
Not surprising. Isnt de carli at least partly owned by cairoli? If so, would you blame herlings for not wanting to ride for a team so...
Not surprising. Isnt de carli at least partly owned by cairoli? If so, would you blame herlings for not wanting to ride for a team so invested in you main rival?
Herlings was with 250 team all last year. What surprising is that 250 rider Prado goes to 450 team.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
1/29/2018 8:27am
Not surprising. If DeCarli's 450 squad has different sponsorship...if Herlings switched awnings and team structure, he'd have to swap to Answer, Sidi, etc... Alpinestars is a big sponsor of his. Secondly, he doesn't want to be on the same team as Cairoli technically...

Weird rule in MXGP is you can only have three riders per team infrastructure...so if Red Bull KTM is adding another MX2 rider to the MX2 team, they need to move someone. They had Prado, Herlings, and Jonass under the factory KTM structure...with Cairoli and Coldenhoff under DeCarli's structure. With Prado moving to DeCarli's structure, that leaves an open spot at Factory KTM.

So everyone follows, here's what the teams look like right now.

DeCarli Red Bull KTM
Antonio Cairoli - MXGP
Glenn Coldenhoff - MXGP
Jorge Prado - MX2

Factory Red Bull KTM
Jeffrey Herlings - MXGP
Pauls Jonass - MX2
??? - MX2

Am I going braindead? Who else is signed to KTM for 2018?
1/29/2018 8:30am
No surprise, really. Prado and Jonass will both be trying to win the MX2 title this year.

In my opinion, it is the same thing as Jason Anderson not training with Musquin at Aldon Bakers's anymore.

For Prado and Jonass, I think it is better two have two title contenders under different tents.

The Shop

1/29/2018 8:32am
ML512 wrote:
Not surprising. If DeCarli's 450 squad has different sponsorship...if Herlings switched awnings and team structure, he'd have to swap to Answer, Sidi, etc... Alpinestars is a...
Not surprising. If DeCarli's 450 squad has different sponsorship...if Herlings switched awnings and team structure, he'd have to swap to Answer, Sidi, etc... Alpinestars is a big sponsor of his. Secondly, he doesn't want to be on the same team as Cairoli technically...

Weird rule in MXGP is you can only have three riders per team infrastructure...so if Red Bull KTM is adding another MX2 rider to the MX2 team, they need to move someone. They had Prado, Herlings, and Jonass under the factory KTM structure...with Cairoli and Coldenhoff under DeCarli's structure. With Prado moving to DeCarli's structure, that leaves an open spot at Factory KTM.

DeCarli Red Bull KTM
Antonio Cairoli - MXGP
Glenn Coldenhoff - MXGP
Jorge Prado - MX2

Factory Red Bull KTM
Jeffrey Herlings - MXGP
Pauls Jonass - MX2
??? - MX2

Believe me, it hasn't got anything to do with sponsorship. There was a lot of tension between Prado and Jonass at the end of last season. That's why they switch it up. Don't think there's gonna be a third rider with Factory KTM. If there was we would've known by now.
mx317
1/29/2018 8:36am Edited Date/Time 1/29/2018 8:46am
Davy Pootjes maybe?
Bearuno
1/29/2018 9:06am Edited Date/Time 1/29/2018 9:10am
I may be wrong, but I thought Coldenhoff was now with the Herlings / Jonass Factory Red Bull KTM team? Pretty logical , if that's the case, to have the two Dutch riders under the same awning, with no real chance of those two going at it hard for the title, and creating serious friction.

And, as stated above, there's probably friction between Prado and Jonass - perfectly understandable when they are so closely matched, with Prado really, really on the rise. Exactly the same as if you had Cairoli and Herlings side by side in the same team. Give Title contenders some separation / space between each other. But, I guess it might just be that being compatriots - Herlings and Coldenhoff -, they have been practicing / training together.

The DeCarli set up has been Cairoli's 'home' for near on, or over, 1 1/2 decades now.

Antonio Cairoli rightfully has absolute pre-eminence there. It was built around him, and it's Family. He's always said that Claudio is near to being his second father. He's towards the end of his career, and bringing in a young rider of such potential as Prado is the thing to do, be it either with Claudio intending to continue on with running the team, or AC himself looking to gradually take over the reigns of the team.

Heck, you could look at the set up (if Coldenhoff is with the Factory RB Team) as a Cold Weather / Northern Squad, and the DeCarli / Cairoli Team as the Warm Weather / Southern Squad. It's a fearsome double for the other Teams and Riders to face up to..

I too have missed out on whoever is the 6th member of the Full On Factory KTM Team(s).
roninho
1/29/2018 9:07am
Believe me, it hasn't got anything to do with sponsorship. There was a lot of tension between Prado and Jonass at the end of last season...
Believe me, it hasn't got anything to do with sponsorship. There was a lot of tension between Prado and Jonass at the end of last season. That's why they switch it up. Don't think there's gonna be a third rider with Factory KTM. If there was we would've known by now.
Prado seems like a guy who doesn't care about his teammate riding for a title and getting on their nerves in the process. He battled with Herlings and did the same with Jonass last year.

As he should.

It won't make you very popular with your teammates though, and i with KTM having options i can see why they would want to split the teams & riders like this. Better to have 4 title contenders who are all happy with their teammate then all fighting each other in the team bus.

As for Pootjes, he is signed with LRT KTM, he won't be riding for factory KTM. I'm somewhat surprised KTM didnt sign Geerts, seems like they missed on the next Prado.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
1/29/2018 9:20am
ML512 wrote:
Not surprising. If DeCarli's 450 squad has different sponsorship...if Herlings switched awnings and team structure, he'd have to swap to Answer, Sidi, etc... Alpinestars is a...

DeCarli Red Bull KTM
Antonio Cairoli - MXGP
Glenn Coldenhoff - MXGP
Jorge Prado - MX2

Factory Red Bull KTM
Jeffrey Herlings - MXGP
Pauls Jonass - MX2
??? - MX2

Believe me, it hasn't got anything to do with sponsorship. There was a lot of tension between Prado and Jonass at the end of last season...
The sponsorship comment was directed towards Herlings, not Prado and Jonass.
1/29/2018 9:21am Edited Date/Time 1/29/2018 9:26am
ML512 wrote:

DeCarli Red Bull KTM
Antonio Cairoli - MXGP
Glenn Coldenhoff - MXGP
Jorge Prado - MX2

Factory Red Bull KTM
Jeffrey Herlings - MXGP
Pauls Jonass - MX2
??? - MX2

Coldenhoff left DeCarli and is now with Herlings and Jonass so a 3 riders team , so DeCarli KTM is now Cairoli and Prado.
KTM just split them , Herlings and Cairol and Jonass and Prado . They feel like Prado is at a better place at De Carli and Coldenhoff with Herlings
ML512
Fantasy
36th
1/29/2018 9:24am
ML512 wrote:

DeCarli Red Bull KTM
Antonio Cairoli - MXGP
Glenn Coldenhoff - MXGP
Jorge Prado - MX2

Factory Red Bull KTM
Jeffrey Herlings - MXGP
Pauls Jonass - MX2
??? - MX2

Coldenhoff left DeCarli and is now with Herlings and Jonass so a 3 riders team , so DeCarli KTM is now Cairoli and Prado. KTM just...
Coldenhoff left DeCarli and is now with Herlings and Jonass so a 3 riders team , so DeCarli KTM is now Cairoli and Prado.
KTM just split them , Herlings and Cairol and Jonass and Prado . They feel like Prado is at a better place at De Carli and Coldenhoff with Herlings
Ahh, I just looked at his IG, you’re right.
kongols
1/29/2018 9:32am
Coldenhoff left DeCarli and is now with Herlings and Jonass so a 3 riders team , so DeCarli KTM is now Cairoli and Prado. KTM just...
Just thinking out loud. KTM 250 team becomes 450 team and De carli becomes 250 team after Cairoli retires. It could happen. Jonass will be moving up in a near future.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
1/29/2018 9:34am
kongols wrote:
Just thinking out loud. KTM 250 team becomes 450 team and De carli becomes 250 team after Cairoli retires. It could happen. Jonass will be moving...
Just thinking out loud. KTM 250 team becomes 450 team and De carli becomes 250 team after Cairoli retires. It could happen. Jonass will be moving up in a near future.
Quite possible, If KTM wanted to add another MX2 rider they’d have to go to DeCarli right now due to Factory KTM having three dudes.
1/29/2018 9:38am Edited Date/Time 1/29/2018 9:41am
kongols wrote:
Just thinking out loud. KTM 250 team becomes 450 team and De carli becomes 250 team after Cairoli retires. It could happen. Jonass will be moving...
you could be right .. think in future they want to seperate the 450 and 250 teams like it used to be and when Jonass has to move up he can just stay at the team he is in now
WCRider
Fantasy
2234th
1/29/2018 9:39am
The rooster Herlings did not want to be in the same henhouse.
1/29/2018 10:29am
GP team structure confuses me. What is different between the DeCarli Team and Factory KTM? The bikes look the same. Are there different personal sponsors or something? Lets say just for example sake Mike Genova had full factory bikes just like factory Honda and the team was called "Genova Honda" and the bikes were identical, is that basically what it is?
kongols
1/29/2018 11:06am
GP team structure confuses me. What is different between the DeCarli Team and Factory KTM? The bikes look the same. Are there different personal sponsors or...
GP team structure confuses me. What is different between the DeCarli Team and Factory KTM? The bikes look the same. Are there different personal sponsors or something? Lets say just for example sake Mike Genova had full factory bikes just like factory Honda and the team was called "Genova Honda" and the bikes were identical, is that basically what it is?
yes.
sam hain
1/29/2018 11:42am
Herlings can't ever go back to 250's can he? OP put he was on the 250 team.

Post a reply to: Weird KTM

The Latest