Well another year the guy on the rmz 450 assembly line can just hit go

Spinazuki
9/25/2019 2:24pm
Higher ups are thinking " Hey we have zero R&D costs and Vet guys buy the bike as is and a DRZ125 for their kid for...
Higher ups are thinking " Hey we have zero R&D costs and Vet guys buy the bike as is and a DRZ125 for their kid for less than a KTM"

Changes cost money. The bike is decent for 90% of people the way it is. How many people are really winning races because of their updated fork settings, ecu changes, and other tiny changes? Very few and they dont pay retail for bikes anyways. Suzuki is targeting the professional practice rider and its doing it really well with damn good bikes at a decent price.
colvin227 wrote:
EXACTLY!!! Well said
I mean, how much are you really saving by buying an RMZ250 over a YZ250F? MSRP difference is 300 bucks. In the big scheme of riding...
I mean, how much are you really saving by buying an RMZ250 over a YZ250F? MSRP difference is 300 bucks. In the big scheme of riding costs, that's trivial. Even if you could save 500-600 bucks, I doubt that's worth it for a far inferior bike for most customers. This isn't comparing an iMac to a Unix box in price range / performance, where you can get similar performance, albeit bare bones, for about 40 percent less money.

I am all for a manufacturer making a cheaper bare bones 250F. This could be good for the competitive market keeping costs down. But that's not what the 2020 Suzuki 250F is.
What you and many posters leave out is the fact people like the way Suzuki's feel. Some brands feel weird to me, not comfortable. Some are fat, some are stink bug. Frankly I prefer Showa components, once modified they are just better. Sorry KYB, your stuff is really good generally out of the box. I've owned Honda's, Yamaha's and Suzuki's. I rode friends bikes, often I'd get off theirs and even if they were faster, or more plush, my Zook felt better to me. For years the suspension has been on the stiff side, but always fun to ride. The New Yamaha's are beautiful and are winning everything but they feel fat and tall for me. It's not just about money, I paid cash for my Suzuki and I did look at the CRF and KTM. I chose the Suzuki. Plus I like doing suspension and it was a challenge to make the BFRC work.
9/25/2019 7:54pm
I race KTM because I bleed orange. Grew up on them, but rode a lot of yellow on 80’s and had a deal with American Suzuki for three years on big bikes.

If KTM couldn’t import bikes and I had to buy a new one? It would be a Suzuki 450. They’re god damn fantastic bikes. Literally so stable, predictable, and bullet proof. High quality bikes that have been refined year after year and they’re very capable and competitive.

I buy leftover model two strokes and I win on them too. Proving you don’t need the latest technology to win- just something that provides confidence.
Spinazuki
9/25/2019 8:09pm
Well said. I've always put the quality of Suzukis right behind Honda. I've considered buying a KTM to see what it's all about. They are comfortable to sit on and I like the bar bend. Ergos matter. Yamaha and Kawasaki lack the ergos of Suzuki and Honda. In fact I've put KTM bar bends in my Suzuki's. Years ago I put Honda bends on my bikes because I like flat. Comfort is what it's all about to me, and as you say a bike that inspires confidence and are fun to ride.
cody41
9/26/2019 4:25am
How many years can Suzuki just stay the same before people stop supporting them and buying them. I get it there not a bad bike and...
How many years can Suzuki just stay the same before people stop supporting them and buying them. I get it there not a bad bike and if you ride one you think it’s fine. Until you ride any other manufacture then your like woah. I also get that you can get a leftover one for like $5500. But the motor is still literally the same sense 2008. They are the slowest out of all 6 and the heaviest and they don’t even have electric start. I’m not trying to bash Suzuki but what are the higher up’s thinking when they see all the other manufactures leaving them in the dust.
Monk wrote:
Here's a thought... People complain about e-start being unreliable and if you got stranded you could not start you bike. Suzuki keeps a kicker and people...
Here's a thought...

People complain about e-start being unreliable and if you got stranded you could not start you bike. Suzuki keeps a kicker and people complain there is no e-start?

People complain that a hydro clutches can fail and not work. Suzuki keeps the cable and people complain?

People complain bikes cost too much. Suzuki is considerably cheaper then the Austrian brands, people complain?

People complain a lighter bike could affect reliability. Suzuki is heavier, people still complain?

What's the flipside? Suzuki give you all those things, but bump the cost up, and people will still complain... It's a no-win

Exactly! It’s 2019 bro, all people do it complain and think they’re entitled.

The Shop

deadlo
9/26/2019 4:34am
Monk wrote:
Here's a thought... People complain about e-start being unreliable and if you got stranded you could not start you bike. Suzuki keeps a kicker and people...
Here's a thought...

People complain about e-start being unreliable and if you got stranded you could not start you bike. Suzuki keeps a kicker and people complain there is no e-start?

People complain that a hydro clutches can fail and not work. Suzuki keeps the cable and people complain?

People complain bikes cost too much. Suzuki is considerably cheaper then the Austrian brands, people complain?

People complain a lighter bike could affect reliability. Suzuki is heavier, people still complain?

What's the flipside? Suzuki give you all those things, but bump the cost up, and people will still complain... It's a no-win

Pretty sure only Suzuki owners made those complaints lmao!! I have never heard any of those from owners of the other 5 except price tag.
danman
9/26/2019 5:59am
How many years can Suzuki just stay the same before people stop supporting them and buying them. I get it there not a bad bike and...
How many years can Suzuki just stay the same before people stop supporting them and buying them. I get it there not a bad bike and if you ride one you think it’s fine. Until you ride any other manufacture then your like woah. I also get that you can get a leftover one for like $5500. But the motor is still literally the same sense 2008. They are the slowest out of all 6 and the heaviest and they don’t even have electric start. I’m not trying to bash Suzuki but what are the higher up’s thinking when they see all the other manufactures leaving them in the dust.
Monk wrote:
Here's a thought...

People bring real facts to an argument....people complain.....or just ignore the poster! LOL Insert sarcasm here.

I was going to post something similar to what you did. Well done!
BobbyM
9/26/2019 8:49am
Most of you squids can't ride worth a shit anyway so it doesn't really matter.
MattyVicious
Fantasy
398th
9/26/2019 12:35pm
Those Suzuki 450s are on the same level as your grammar.
Titan1
9/26/2019 7:45pm
I think it’s great that a manufacturer is offering a very competitive, great looking, motocross 450 for under $7k OTD.

You’d think all the people that believe bikes are too expensive and killing the sport would be applauding Suzuki for doing this...it’s what the sport needs, a lower cost competitive motocrosser. Right?
Spinazuki
9/26/2019 7:54pm
Titan1 wrote:
I think it’s great that a manufacturer is offering a very competitive, great looking, motocross 450 for under $7k OTD. You’d think all the people that...
I think it’s great that a manufacturer is offering a very competitive, great looking, motocross 450 for under $7k OTD.

You’d think all the people that believe bikes are too expensive and killing the sport would be applauding Suzuki for doing this...it’s what the sport needs, a lower cost competitive motocrosser. Right?
I own a 2018 RMZ 450 and love it. It still comes down to the rider. The same rider is what.. a second a lap slower in stock form? I still think it's got the best ergos in the business.
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
9/26/2019 9:10pm
Titan1 wrote:
I think it’s great that a manufacturer is offering a very competitive, great looking, motocross 450 for under $7k OTD. You’d think all the people that...

they aren't offering it that way, that's just how low shops have to go to sell them
Titan1
9/26/2019 9:27pm
Titan1 wrote:

Spinazuki wrote:
I own a 2018 RMZ 450 and love it. It still comes down to the rider. The same rider is what.. a second a lap slower...
I own a 2018 RMZ 450 and love it. It still comes down to the rider. The same rider is what.. a second a lap slower in stock form? I still think it's got the best ergos in the business.
I’d never own one because they feel weird to me-ergonomically. I’ve never been able to get comfortable on one.

But, Like I said...I think providing a lower cost, competitive, good looking 450 motocrosser is great for the industry. Those new to the sport or getting on a 450 for the first time, don’t need all the “best of the best” stuff...and so it would make sense for them to save $3k and buy an RMZ.
Titan1
9/26/2019 9:28pm
Titan1 wrote:

soggy wrote:
they aren't offering it that way, that's just how low shops have to go to sell them
Obviously...but the fact that you can get a left over 2018 for $6k...and it’s the same bike as the 2020 means it is providing a lower cost option on a great bike.
Spinazuki
9/26/2019 9:30pm
Titan1 wrote:

Spinazuki wrote:
I own a 2018 RMZ 450 and love it. It still comes down to the rider. The same rider is what.. a second a lap slower...
Titan1 wrote:
I’d never own one because they feel weird to me-ergonomically. I’ve never been able to get comfortable on one. But, Like I said...I think providing a...
I’d never own one because they feel weird to me-ergonomically. I’ve never been able to get comfortable on one.

But, Like I said...I think providing a lower cost, competitive, good looking 450 motocrosser is great for the industry. Those new to the sport or getting on a 450 for the first time, don’t need all the “best of the best” stuff...and so it would make sense for them to save $3k and buy an RMZ.
Ergonomics are very personal. The older YZs and KXs felt weird. Maybe it's just what you are used to.
Titan1
9/26/2019 9:34pm
Spinazuki wrote:
Titan1 wrote:
I’d never own one because they feel weird to me-ergonomically. I’ve never been able to get comfortable on one. But, Like I said...I think providing a...

Spinazuki wrote:
Ergonomics are very personal. The older YZs and KXs felt weird. Maybe it's just what you are used to.
100% it’s just me...some people love them. To each there own.
Spinazuki
9/26/2019 9:45pm
Gotta admit, last time I rode I wishes I had an electric start.
Rotaholic
9/27/2019 1:01am
I think the big issue is suzuki had to move all there factories to a new location and have probably only just got everything set up again. (can't remember if it was because of fukushima?)
Also if they lower the rrp price and then come out with an amazing bike people will lose thier shit if they pump the price back up.
I like that they say rrp is x amount but all dealers can sell well below that.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
9/27/2019 5:15am
Suzuki’s history has always been the back of the pack regarding updates. It’s nothing new.
Mr. Afterbar
9/27/2019 5:37am
Titan1 wrote:

soggy wrote:
Wrong. There is a $1500 rebate from the manufacturer for 2020 450s before they even hit the showroom. Not sure if it’s the same amount or less for 250s, but they absolutely are cheaper from the start, not because of shops being unable to sell.
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
9/27/2019 6:37am
Titan1 wrote:

soggy wrote:
Wrong. There is a $1500 rebate from the manufacturer for 2020 450s before they even hit the showroom. Not sure if it’s the same amount or...
Wrong. There is a $1500 rebate from the manufacturer for 2020 450s before they even hit the showroom. Not sure if it’s the same amount or less for 250s, but they absolutely are cheaper from the start, not because of shops being unable to sell.
and why are they offering the rebate? because no one will pay msrp.
Mr. Afterbar
9/27/2019 7:09am
soggy wrote:
Just pointing out the truth since what you said is simply wrong.
Mr. Afterbar
9/27/2019 7:12am
soggy wrote:
Also, only a fool pays MSRP for a MX bike, Suzuki or not.
Spinazuki
9/27/2019 7:22am
burn1986 wrote:
Suzuki’s history has always been the back of the pack regarding updates. It’s nothing new.
You do not know history, recent history.
9/27/2019 8:40am
soggy wrote:
Wrong. There is a $1500 rebate from the manufacturer for 2020 450s before they even hit the showroom. Not sure if it’s the same amount or...
soggy wrote:
Agree.

They should lower the msrp rather than offering the rebate. Leave the kickstarter, get base settings for suspension a little more dialed in (closer to what current tuners are doing). Then make it known they offer perfectly competitive, if a little barebones, bike for 2k to 3k less than all competition.
O&GDriller
9/27/2019 9:01am
Can you remember the last time a RMZ450 had a recall???? I know a the 16 450 Honda, and 2017 crf250r had recalls whats wrong with...
Can you remember the last time a RMZ450 had a recall???? I know a the 16 450 Honda, and 2017 crf250r had recalls whats wrong with something that works? Have you guys heard of over engineering something? Suzuki has more MX titles than any other brand....
LOL, yeah good point. They've had plenty of time to work the bugs out as the bike hasn't changed in a decade. The brands with new designs are bound to have issues that get addressed. Apples and oranges.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2797th
9/27/2019 8:13pm
burn1986 wrote:
They were the first of the big 5 to bring EFI out on a motocross bike.
VetMX.com
9/27/2019 8:36pm
I have an 05 RMZ450 since new and it has a million hours on it. It is still running the stock clutch and I have done 1 top end on it. They are bulletproof and it does everything I need it to. Suspension has been re valved and it is plush. It runs best if you short shift it so it does not break.

Would I go faster on a newer bike? Probably not enough to spend the money..
ctbale
9/27/2019 11:20pm
Suzuki, Honda, Kawi, Yamaha ... all good. Stupid thread but I keep reading them because I always learn something and always entertains me and THATS what I care about most.

Post a reply to: Well another year the guy on the rmz 450 assembly line can just hit go

The Latest