What Are You Most Excited About This Upcoming MXGP Season?

USA
Fantasy
507th
I was just thinking about how every year, I get more interested in MXGP. It’s getting to where I follow both series with equal vestment, and that’s badass to me.

Anyway, like the title says, what are you most excited for this season?

In MX2, I hope Hunter Lawrence kicks ass on the Honda Woohoo . I want to see Prado's progress, and Covington finally put it all together as well. MXGP, I fear the 'Herlings show'. He’s just on another level; but, this year will most likely be exciting and not disappoint. Same as the past 3 seasons, there’s always close racing!!Cool
|
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
2/23/2018 3:48pm Edited Date/Time 2/23/2018 3:49pm
What I was most excited about was the big 3 + 1 as I would say. But now it's the big 2 +1. The + 1 to me is Febvre, I don't think he is as good as AC, Herlings and Gasjer but better than the rest by a good margin when at full tilt IMO. Gasjers injury a huge blow to the sport in general and is shitty espaiclly considering he usually comes out swinging in the series. AC is aging like fine wine and I am curious to see if he can hold off Herlings for another year, I hope so but Father Time is undeafted and he can't be as hungry as JH. I also want to see what Jaskonis can do with another year under his belt, to me he was the surprise of 2017 MXGP. In MX2 is Padro gonna make the jump and be the domiant force or will the under appreciated Jonas take another title. As an American it would be cool to see if Thomas can find consistency as speed is not his problem.
Frank
2/23/2018 4:35pm
The World Stage aspect. The massive infrastructure of the presentation. The tracks are not ripped/groomed/watered and vary from deep sand to rocky dirt to hard pack to mud and are left alone for the Sunday events. The gigantic mechanics structure. The blood and guts aspect of guys riding injured if necessary since its the only series they race that matters. Cairoli and Herlings - old vs new. To my old school ass the GP's are true motocross and the pinnacle of the sport.
jemcee
2/23/2018 5:07pm
I'm an Aussie.. What do you reckon I'm most excited for? haha
Also really hope Cairoli can play his 'Cairoli games' with Herlings all season haha
2/23/2018 5:18pm
I hope its not going to be a herlings show in mxgp for the sake of some good racing. Im bummed for gasjer. In mx 2, in hoping for covington to be a contender at the end of the year. Did seewer move to the 450 this year?

The Shop

struth
2/23/2018 5:27pm
Hoping fevbre can consistently start up front and get some holeshots....
Desalle find some of old form...
Think Olsen n Lawrence will have plenty of races wins n possible one of these to take the title....
Sully
2/23/2018 5:50pm
I'm really looking forward to seeing Old Man Tony turn it up to deal with a healthy Herlings. He's been at the top too long to just roll over and let Jeffrey take over.
ATKpilot99
2/23/2018 5:58pm
I'm looking forward to seeing how Nagl does on the TM . Also I think MX2 is going to be awesome this season and I hope Covington can take another step forward.
Helder
2/23/2018 5:59pm Edited Date/Time 2/23/2018 5:59pm
H-Law smoking the MX2 and Herlings walking away with the MXGP championship.
RandyS
2/23/2018 6:29pm
It's not Supercross.
USA
Fantasy
507th
2/23/2018 6:33pm
I hope its not going to be a herlings show in mxgp for the sake of some good racing. Im bummed for gasjer. In mx 2...
I hope its not going to be a herlings show in mxgp for the sake of some good racing. Im bummed for gasjer. In mx 2, in hoping for covington to be a contender at the end of the year. Did seewer move to the 450 this year?
Yeah, Seewer is going to be in the MXGP class this year on Yamaha I believe
make1go
2/23/2018 6:41pm
jemcee wrote:
Also really hope Cairoli can play his 'Cairoli games' with Herlings all season haha
Yeah tell me about it, its been awhile since we've had a potential winner..After the golden US period of reed, byrner, metty, readon, sharky, mosses all getting rides in the usa and doing well, if only in patches. Just been bits and bobs since.
Sully
2/23/2018 7:17pm
jemcee wrote:
make1go wrote:
Yeah tell me about it, its been awhile since we've had a potential winner..After the golden US period of reed, byrner, metty, readon, sharky, mosses all...
Yeah tell me about it, its been awhile since we've had a potential winner..After the golden US period of reed, byrner, metty, readon, sharky, mosses all getting rides in the usa and doing well, if only in patches. Just been bits and bobs since.
He better make it happen for you guys this year, because we’re snatching him up next year. Next stop...US citizenship!
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
2/23/2018 9:44pm
222 to see how long he can ride so well. So glad i got to see him race in person. 84 is an animal and goes incredibly fast.
Hunter Lawrance looks like a new possible front runner and 64 impressed me big time at thw USMXGP. Seewer doesnt let off. Should be a good season.
EV901
2/23/2018 9:57pm
I think that AC222 will reach his ultimate goal to be a 10-time World Champ this year. Looking at Jeffreys history of injuries, dont think he will make it to all the rounds and there is no way you can win the title like that, with the field MXGP has.
Fresh
Fantasy
3312th
2/23/2018 10:00pm
RandyS wrote:
It's not Supercross.
I know right. It's better.
bents
Fantasy
909th
2/23/2018 10:01pm
I too am rooting hard for the 222 to get to number 10. Would love to see him hold off Jeffrey for one more year. The guy is a motocross beast. And I would love to see Covington win.
2/23/2018 11:42pm Edited Date/Time 2/23/2018 11:44pm
KTM show in 2018.

MXGP

Cairoli / Herlings, I can't see KTM lose the championship with the 2 big favorites unless they are very unlucky.
Next to them, there is a lot of riders about the same "level": Febvre, Desalle, Van Horebeek, Anstie etc

MX2

I would like to see Lawrence winning it, but I can't go against Jonass. His 2017 season was just so good, only Seewer (who is known to be a consistent rider) could follow him in the points.
38 races, 14 wins, 28 top 3, 33 top 5. That's the stats for Jonass last year. Tough to beat that...

I find this weird, but Covington is not suppose to be the only american in MX2 there guys..
Motofinne
2/24/2018 12:22am Edited Date/Time 2/24/2018 12:36am
SX is always starting to get boring after half of the series, so MXGP keeps my interest in the professional part of the sport going this time of the year! One of the best parts of this season is that the series starts in Argentina and not Qatar + Thailand. The Argentinian MXGP is my favorite race of the season. The track is world class, the scenery is beautiful, the attendance is always really good!

Cairoli vs Herling. Man it will be awesome. I think Cairoli will be better in the first part of the season. Febvre is an outsider if Cairoli or Herlings have a few bad races.

I think that it's wide open. I don't think that Jonass is any better this year, he will be solid and fast but he will not run away with it. Lawrence and Prado will challenge him. TKO and Covington are the outsiders. TKO needs more raw speed and Covington needs to be better on his bad days.

Then we have the EMX classes that are always good and exciting to watch!
philG
2/24/2018 12:25am
There are 10 riders that can win races... Cairoli, Herlings, Anstie, Paulin, Febvre, Desalle JVH, Coldenhoff, Simpson, Gajser and Tonus, and probably another 5 who could podium overall with a decent day.

When the gate drops in Argentina, you wont know who is going to win till they have won.

Im hoping Febrve will be back on it from day 1 after spending the last 2 seasons recovering from injuries.

MX2 .. don't see anyone having anything for Jonass. Olsen will be best of the rest, then its just too close to call 3-10
2/24/2018 1:18am
We've had years of Cairoli dominance so it would be nice to see Herlings beat him to a championship.
KMC440
2/24/2018 1:26am
RandyS wrote:
It's not Supercross.
The 3lap 5main format in 2020 is going to be epic!
2/24/2018 1:49am
For me , I want to see how Anstie gets on and hoping that Searle gets his mx2 ability back with at least a podium somewhere.
Looking forward to the Herlings/Cairoli battle, got AC down for the overall , Herlings has improved mentally but hasn't got the same Yoda status .
2/24/2018 2:06am
JH vs AC,
Hunter Lawrence
and as always EMX125
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
2/24/2018 2:35am
Jh vs AC vs Febvre
Prado vs Lawrence vs TKO vs Covington vs Jonas
Crush
2/24/2018 2:57am
Hunter Lawrence!
2/24/2018 5:03am
if Herlings got his starts dailed Laughing ... i think herlings will win a lot of moto's and GP's this season and win it , Cairoli close second and they will have a lot of good battles ... just hope they both stay healthy and fit the whole season
dont see any other rider at the moment on their level ...
i think MX2 will be the most exciting with a lot of new talents knocking on Jonass door ... Lawrence and Vaessen both looked very strong pre season .
themrtoad
2/24/2018 5:18am
if Herlings got his starts dailed :laugh: ... i think herlings will win a lot of moto's and GP's this season and win it , Cairoli...
if Herlings got his starts dailed Laughing ... i think herlings will win a lot of moto's and GP's this season and win it , Cairoli close second and they will have a lot of good battles ... just hope they both stay healthy and fit the whole season
dont see any other rider at the moment on their level ...
i think MX2 will be the most exciting with a lot of new talents knocking on Jonass door ... Lawrence and Vaessen both looked very strong pre season .
I Think Jonass is the most complete rider if he can stay away from injuries. I think we will see hard battles though, not least between Prado and Jonass, but also between the orange and white riders. If Covington can get off to a good start I see him staying in the fight for a top 3 in the championship.

I am a bit worried the Honda of Lawrence will be too slow out of the gate.
PastranaWho
2/24/2018 6:03am
Bummed for tim. I was looking forward to see tim, AC and herlings all healthy and going for it. Hopefully fevbre can get back his mojo and would like to see anstie step it up a notch this year he has shown flashes.

MX2 jonas is the man but covington, olsen, prado,lawrence wont be far behind in wins.
2/24/2018 6:09am Edited Date/Time 2/24/2018 6:14am
Most of the big dogs in good shape so far, that's why I'm mega ready for the season.

Watching in Italy and at Hawkstone it's plain to see what's gonna be what this year.

Looking to be a really good fight and there will definitely be gloves off action, I don't see 243 or 461 giving too much stress to the KTM boys personally.

Go #100
2/24/2018 6:13am
themrtoad wrote:
I Think Jonass is the most complete rider if he can stay away from injuries. I think we will see hard battles though, not least between...
I Think Jonass is the most complete rider if he can stay away from injuries. I think we will see hard battles though, not least between Prado and Jonass, but also between the orange and white riders. If Covington can get off to a good start I see him staying in the fight for a top 3 in the championship.

I am a bit worried the Honda of Lawrence will be too slow out of the gate.
yeah MX2 is going to be exciting to watch ... youre right , lot of possible winners in there

Post a reply to: What Are You Most Excited About This Upcoming MXGP Season?

The Latest