What does everyone do in their off season?

JBecker 72
1/9/2018 1:35pm
I took December off to get some stuff done to the bikes and I went on vacation for the holidays. But planning on riding this weekend since it will be in the 60’s. I will ride in the winter as long as the track isn’t frozen solid.

Also hoping to head south for a week in February and hit some tracks in GA and FL. One thing I miss about living in CA was the year round nice riding weather.
Brent
1/9/2018 1:36pm
captmoto wrote:
What is this off season you speak of? Is it this 36 hour rain period we are going through? Deciding of I want to got to...
What is this off season you speak of? Is it this 36 hour rain period we are going through? Deciding of I want to got to Pala or Milestone this week. Or race REM Saturday.
https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USCA0911:1:US
Yup, I haven't been able to ride since this past Sunday, and it may be Thursday before this endless winter rain ends so I can go to Glen Helen.

California Winter sucks

Tongue
JBecker 72
1/9/2018 1:39pm
kaptkaos wrote:
Here in South Florida there is no off-season for anything. The hardest part is deciding which hobby to do every weekend! Ride Dirt Bike\ATV, Harley, boat...
Here in South Florida there is no off-season for anything.

The hardest part is deciding which hobby to do every weekend!

Ride Dirt Bike\ATV, Harley, boat, mountain bike, road bike, RVing, go to beach, take a ride in convertible to the Keys, chill by the pool, people watch, fly RC planes and helis, cookout. Too many choices and not enough time. Rain is the only spoiler.
Camp332 wrote:
It was -4 here Sunday morning Bro. Why don't you rub it in a little harder!
We weren’t far off. Think it was 6. Been a cold winter so far. Yesterday it was mid 30’s with freezing rain and that was wonderful by comparison to last week.
kaptkaos
1/9/2018 1:40pm
kaptkaos wrote:
Here in South Florida there is no off-season for anything. The hardest part is deciding which hobby to do every weekend! Ride Dirt Bike\ATV, Harley, boat...
Here in South Florida there is no off-season for anything.

The hardest part is deciding which hobby to do every weekend!

Ride Dirt Bike\ATV, Harley, boat, mountain bike, road bike, RVing, go to beach, take a ride in convertible to the Keys, chill by the pool, people watch, fly RC planes and helis, cookout. Too many choices and not enough time. Rain is the only spoiler.
Camp332 wrote:
It was -4 here Sunday morning Bro. Why don't you rub it in a little harder!
Sorry man...

Do what all other NJ folks do and move to Florida!

I know its been brutally cold up North because we actually hit 29-30 twice this year and that never happens. I actually spent more time indoors the last 2 weeks than ever before. Did a lot of netflix!

The Shop

c0ncEpT
1/9/2018 1:43pm
Rotaholic wrote:
We can ride 365 days a year here in New Zealand, could do with a break every now and then
I actually kind of like having a winter for just that reason. I love riding but can get pretty burned out after about 7 months of being at the track every weekend
Turbojez
1/9/2018 1:45pm
Studded tires (DIY works just as well as 300$ ones) and winter MX gloves. Get out and ride on weekends. Mon-Fri Gym and martial arts. Highly recommend it, keeps you in shape and lets you use some of that extra energy on your sparring partner.
Motofinne
1/9/2018 2:03pm Edited Date/Time 1/9/2018 3:37pm
Riding at the few indoor tracks here in Finland and once in Estonia(the pic). Then some enduro riding with spike tires, really good balance training. Yeah and maybe a bit of iceracing(google it).

Then some fitness training. Daily running or skating on the ice.

BobbyM
1/9/2018 2:20pm
YZfan1230 wrote:
Here in Canada where we have long winters, I spend a lot of time downhill skiing and snowmobiling. But I'm quickly getting bored of the usual...
Here in Canada where we have long winters, I spend a lot of time downhill skiing and snowmobiling. But I'm quickly getting bored of the usual stuff, what does everyone else do during the winter months?
You can listen to loops of Rush though
r.sal923
1/9/2018 2:24pm
Shovel snow, wile swearing and shaking my fist at the sky. Spring can't come fast enuf.
dirtnapper
1/9/2018 2:34pm
I run an ice fishing cabin rental business up here in Northern Alberta on Lesser Slave Lake. It keeps me VERY busy Dec - March.

It was -40 the day I was setting up our camp on Dec 28.

No joke.

lp223
1/9/2018 3:03pm
Ice race! That mixed with a little bit of snowboarding almost makes winter fun. We have indoor tracks too but they're a few hours away so we don't go often.

Hallzilla
1/9/2018 3:33pm Edited Date/Time 1/9/2018 3:34pm
What's a off season ?
1/9/2018 5:39pm
Lots of snow removal this year it seems...
When it's warmer than -10c I'm in the garage trying to get the Trans Am back together.
Took the entire year off of riding, but now that I bought a new bike for enduro and scrambles I'm back in to the gym thing.
Of course, our inter-unit hockey league (basically beer league between different units on the base)
When it's not too cold for the dog we get out and keep his field trials skills up, but there is too much snow to try and teach him new stuff (Labrador retriever doing what they were built for)
Early off season I'm duck hunting until the ice gets too thick for the boat... It's hectic in early fall when we're still riding/racing and bird season opens up, its also when the dog gets a bunch more training to make sure he's ready and fit.

I mentioned to the gf that I should give the ice riding thing a try, she said no as the winter is the only time she sees me around the house!
tobz
1/9/2018 6:15pm
Captain the local cricket team

snackfedbear
1/9/2018 6:25pm
captmoto wrote:
What is this off season you speak of? Is it this 36 hour rain period we are going through? Deciding of I want to got to...
What is this off season you speak of? Is it this 36 hour rain period we are going through? Deciding of I want to got to Pala or Milestone this week. Or race REM Saturday.
https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USCA0911:1:US
Falcon wrote:
I sometimes put a t-shirt on under my jersey if I get to the track early, because it's still like mid-50s or low 60s.
I had to wear a beanie to the track one time it was bs
david225
1/9/2018 6:57pm
dirtnapper wrote:
I run an ice fishing cabin rental business up here in Northern Alberta on Lesser Slave Lake. It keeps me VERY busy Dec - March. It...
I run an ice fishing cabin rental business up here in Northern Alberta on Lesser Slave Lake. It keeps me VERY busy Dec - March.

No joke.

Not really related to anything, but that is the point in which Celsius and Fahrenheit are equal to each other. So it was also -40 F which is friggin cold!
Camp332
1/9/2018 7:01pm Edited Date/Time 1/9/2018 7:10pm
^^ Guy above posted the info as I was busy googling the conversion. Sorry for the redundancy Bros

Had to look up the conversion for -40 celcius to fahrenheit which is also -40. (That's crazy cold)

-4 fahrenheit converts to -20 celcius

kaptkaos
1/9/2018 7:06pm
dirtnapper wrote:
I run an ice fishing cabin rental business up here in Northern Alberta on Lesser Slave Lake. It keeps me VERY busy Dec - March. It...

No joke.

david225 wrote:
Not really related to anything, but that is the point in which Celsius and Fahrenheit are equal to each other. So it was also -40 F...
Not really related to anything, but that is the point in which Celsius and Fahrenheit are equal to each other. So it was also -40 F which is friggin cold!
Dude, his beard, stache and eyebrows are frozen! I dont need to look at the temp to know thats friggin cold!

How do you not die?
ktmdan
1/9/2018 7:19pm
Idk what you mean off season.. high is 71° tomorrow Smile
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/9/2018 7:22pm
dirtnapper wrote:

No joke.

david225 wrote:
Not really related to anything, but that is the point in which Celsius and Fahrenheit are equal to each other. So it was also -40 F...
kaptkaos wrote:
Dude, his beard, stache and eyebrows are frozen! I dont need to look at the temp to know thats friggin cold!

How do you not die?
It's not the cold that kills you it's the humidity. If it's cold and dry, you dress warm and it's not all that bad. Humidity on the other hand there's just nothing you can do about it.
dirtnapper
1/9/2018 8:31pm
dirtnapper wrote:

No joke.

david225 wrote:
kaptkaos wrote:

How do you not die?
HahaLaughing

I had just finished skirting in a cabin and banking snow up around it ( keeps heat in ) and I looked in the mirror of my truck and was like "holy shit I look like a snowman!"

So I had to take a selfie Whistling

Its extremely cold but layers are important and not breaking a sweat and its fine. Plus I have a wood burning stove in the cabins to warm up with.
bh84
Fantasy
1830th
1/10/2018 6:31am
I sell sleds at work so I scramble all winter, those new 850s are selling fast! I play as much hockey as I can, watch the Leafs, and spend a few days on the sleds.
Indymxer
1/10/2018 6:40am
Like everyone else, I post meaningless Stewart threads. What else is there?
kaptkaos
1/10/2018 6:57am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
It's not the cold that kills you it's the humidity. If it's cold and dry, you dress warm and it's not all that bad. Humidity on...
It's not the cold that kills you it's the humidity. If it's cold and dry, you dress warm and it's not all that bad. Humidity on the other hand there's just nothing you can do about it.
Thats funny because down here we say the same exact thing, its not the heat, its the humidity!

So wtf is up with humidity??
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
1/10/2018 7:12am Edited Date/Time 1/10/2018 7:13am
No off season for us! We had some good rain the last few days and today in the desert would be amazing. The only time we don't ride is if its been raining really hard for a few days straight non stop. As soon as it stops, we go straight to the desert
Moto_Geek
Fantasy
1464th
1/10/2018 8:30am
YZfan1230 wrote:
Here in Canada where we have long winters, I spend a lot of time downhill skiing and snowmobiling. But I'm quickly getting bored of the usual...
Here in Canada where we have long winters, I spend a lot of time downhill skiing and snowmobiling. But I'm quickly getting bored of the usual stuff, what does everyone else do during the winter months?
Easy.. Try Timbersleds.. Try skinning up on your skis in some awesome back country... Or come to Coloroado to ride, no snow here.. Sad

Post a reply to: What does everyone do in their off season?

The Latest