What is a work week like for the top teams?

Skillets
I stayed in town near the race twice this past week, once on Wednesday and again Saturday night after the race. So happens several of the team rigs had parked in the empty lots in the area. I feel like I’ve always had a huge respect for all the behind the scenes work those guys put in, but it was still such an eye opener. The rigs were there idling late Wednesday night, then Thursday the guys were set up working on the bikes under the canopies. Saturday I was back in town for the race. Late Saturday night they were parked again. I assumed they were idling for the night and heading out this morn. Instead, today when I left town they were set up again and had both bikes out of the truck working. It made me think, what is a typical week in their life like? Were they preparing practice bikes today or what? Anybody have any insight or personal experience?

Now this noob will STFU
|
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
6/16/2019 6:08pm
Yup, it's a crazy amount of work, long hours, always away from home living in hotels and plenty time spent at airports. Takes a special person.
kb228
6/16/2019 6:09pm
one of the PC guys said theyre only home 3 nights a week. Longggg hours
Bigshow
6/16/2019 7:02pm
I live about 2hrs west of Mt Morris in Ohio. I was heading west bound on I70 sat evening doing 10 over and the Yamaha/Monster semi went by me like I had dropped anchor. lol They was trying to get somewhere.
rider892
6/16/2019 7:18pm Edited Date/Time 6/16/2019 7:21pm
Depends on the distance to next race but sunday is build day and cleaning the truck , Sunday night or Monday start driving , mechanics fly back to race shop late Sunday or early Monday, driver usually get to next race Wednesday hang out , Thursday clean truck again. Usually Thursday or Friday team flys in and finishes bike work and helps set up. Friday tech day and press , clean bike and check it. Saturday raceday and repeat ...

It’s a fun and awesome job that I had for 2 and a half years

The Shop

Skillets
6/16/2019 8:33pm
rider892 wrote:
Depends on the distance to next race but sunday is build day and cleaning the truck , Sunday night or Monday start driving , mechanics fly...
Depends on the distance to next race but sunday is build day and cleaning the truck , Sunday night or Monday start driving , mechanics fly back to race shop late Sunday or early Monday, driver usually get to next race Wednesday hang out , Thursday clean truck again. Usually Thursday or Friday team flys in and finishes bike work and helps set up. Friday tech day and press , clean bike and check it. Saturday raceday and repeat ...

It’s a fun and awesome job that I had for 2 and a half years
Makes perfect sense with the times I saw them then. Crazy to see all the hard work that goes into making Saturday what it is

Post a reply to: What is a work week like for the top teams?

The Latest