What's Tomac's WORST finish the rest of the way?

2/14/2020 6:06pm
Does anyone know what was his worst finish in the 19 Outdoors?
He seems more solid lately..
toroP
2/14/2020 6:08pm
Jeez, this place. Predictions. Pointless.
It’s SX. Anything can happen. Tomac could crash and be done tomorrow. He could go red hot and clinch early. And anything in between.
2/14/2020 6:13pm
If ET splits wins (if) the rest of the way, his worst finish might determine who gets the #1 plate. He has shown over the last...
If ET splits wins (if) the rest of the way, his worst finish might determine who gets the #1 plate. He has shown over the last 3 years he will have one or two meltdown races. I could easily see him start 12th, get up to 6th, crash then fade to 10th. So, what's his worst finish down the stretch?
No way to predict the future, but I hope Eli, Webb, Roczen, and AC all finish up front for the rest of the series to make it fun to watch every week.

The Shop

plowboy
2/14/2020 6:18pm
This answer to this question depends on how you interpret it. Glass half full guy thinks, "how will he fare against his competition"? Glass half empty guy (realist imo) says, "What is the worst possible outcome for Tomac for the rest of the season)? Bobby and I agree, a dnf/s is the worst "possible" finish. Hope not but there ya go. Boobie will probably call me a cumchuggler and say that he really thinks ET is gonna eat it and not finish at some point.
SWOHIO GUY
2/14/2020 6:19pm
zehn wrote:
This thread is about Tomac not Reed
spimx wrote:
Reed is from a different time. When Tomac has the starts and wins 44 and 2 450 sx championships like Reed then talk about him. I...
Reed is from a different time. When Tomac has the starts and wins 44 and 2 450 sx championships like Reed then talk about him. I think Tomac has like 26 or 27 wins and 0 sx 450 championships yeah so far Tomac will not get to 44 wins like Reed has, he's already slowing down.
Not to mention Reeds wins came against a couple guys called Ricky and James..
2004 and 2008, no Ricky or James!!
MPJC
Fantasy
592nd
2/14/2020 6:27pm
Barring mechanical problems, I have a hard time seeing anything worse than top 5. He’s riding smart and looks like he’s in a good place mentally. But like others have said, anything can happen.
SWOHIO GUY
2/14/2020 6:46pm
He’s the only guy in the class who has been able to overcome bad starts and get in the top 5 consistently. His average start position is 9.5, I believe he improves that to the 6-7 range by the end of the year. So with that, I think 4th at worst. He has been very aggressive making passes this year compared to years past and that has been the real difference.
spimx
2/14/2020 7:34pm
I don't see his starts getting any better, he's never been a good starter
Mit12
2/14/2020 9:38pm
BobbyM wrote:
DNF or DNS.
I agree same with Roczen.
toroP
2/14/2020 9:59pm
spimx wrote:
Reed is from a different time. When Tomac has the starts and wins 44 and 2 450 sx championships like Reed then talk about him. I...
Reed is from a different time. When Tomac has the starts and wins 44 and 2 450 sx championships like Reed then talk about him. I think Tomac has like 26 or 27 wins and 0 sx 450 championships yeah so far Tomac will not get to 44 wins like Reed has, he's already slowing down.
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
Watch 2005 Daytona, if you’re unclear about who Reed is. Then fast forward to 2014 A2 and A3. This guy didn’t just win races in his title seasons.
2/15/2020 12:27am
toroP wrote:
Watch 2005 Daytona, if you’re unclear about who Reed is. Then fast forward to 2014 A2 and A3. This guy didn’t just win races in his...
Watch 2005 Daytona, if you’re unclear about who Reed is. Then fast forward to 2014 A2 and A3. This guy didn’t just win races in his title seasons.
Or 2003!
SWOHIO GUY
2/15/2020 10:22am
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
toroP wrote:
Watch 2005 Daytona, if you’re unclear about who Reed is. Then fast forward to 2014 A2 and A3. This guy didn’t just win races in his...
I am not saying he didn’t. But his 3 titles were without his stiffest competition racing the full series. Very similar to Dungey, he was always 2nd-4th consistently that could steal a few wins here and there. But not on the same level as Ricky, James, or Villopoto.
yz133rider
2/15/2020 10:35am
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
toroP wrote:
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
I am not saying he didn’t. But his 3 titles were without his stiffest competition racing the full series. Very similar to Dungey, he was always...
I am not saying he didn’t. But his 3 titles were without his stiffest competition racing the full series. Very similar to Dungey, he was always 2nd-4th consistently that could steal a few wins here and there. But not on the same level as Ricky, James, or Villopoto.
Dude you're so off. Dungey is 2nd all time to only Carmichael in all time mx wins. Hes 4th all time in combined professional wins (250 and 450s combined mx and sx combined)

Dungey did a ton of winning. Clearly.

Reed is also 4th all time in supercross wins and 10th overall in combined wins.

Dungey also left alot of wins and titles on the table
SWOHIO GUY
2/15/2020 11:22am
toroP wrote:
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
I am not saying he didn’t. But his 3 titles were without his stiffest competition racing the full series. Very similar to Dungey, he was always...
yz133rider wrote:
Dude you're so off. Dungey is 2nd all time to only Carmichael in all time mx wins. Hes 4th all time in combined professional wins (250...
Dude you're so off. Dungey is 2nd all time to only Carmichael in all time mx wins. Hes 4th all time in combined professional wins (250 and 450s combined mx and sx combined)

When comparing the all time greats of an era you get into the territory of splitting hairs. When comparing Reed to Ricky and James, my knock there is he never won a title against them when they all raced the whole series. He was damn close in 2003, 2006, 2007, and 2009. Also really close in 2011 in MX and SX against Villopoto, Dungey, and James. He won his titles in 04 without Ricky, 08 without James, and 09 MX without James. He’s an all time great but that hurts when comparing him to other greats. Dungey is a similar thing for me, he never beat Villopoto straight up for a title.

Reed and Dungey are both in the top 3% of the sports history but when comparing them to the other guys in that territory you start splitting hairs.
yz133rider
2/15/2020 11:31am
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
yz133rider wrote:
Dude you're so off. Dungey is 2nd all time to only Carmichael in all time mx wins. Hes 4th all time in combined professional wins (250...

SWOHIO GUY wrote:
When comparing the all time greats of an era you get into the territory of splitting hairs. When comparing Reed to Ricky and James, my knock...
When comparing the all time greats of an era you get into the territory of splitting hairs. When comparing Reed to Ricky and James, my knock there is he never won a title against them when they all raced the whole series. He was damn close in 2003, 2006, 2007, and 2009. Also really close in 2011 in MX and SX against Villopoto, Dungey, and James. He won his titles in 04 without Ricky, 08 without James, and 09 MX without James. He’s an all time great but that hurts when comparing him to other greats. Dungey is a similar thing for me, he never beat Villopoto straight up for a title.

Reed and Dungey are both in the top 3% of the sports history but when comparing them to the other guys in that territory you start splitting hairs.
Theres quite a few things that really fell into place to make those stats tho. Dungey had dnf's costing him titles to rv that clearly were out of rd's control. Chains derailing, running out of fuel while leading freestone, bike wont start before Southwick costing him several spots and massive points etc.

He also went to ktm going from a developed bike to a very not ready machine and had to take time to develop it to being a capable bike. That also cost him. Despite this like i said already look at how many wins he racked up.

He also didn't get to race Rv outdoors in big bikes more than twice was it, i believe because rv grenaded himself.

Rv is a great obviously but rd as well. Rd did not only do his winning while the others we're out as you said.
SWOHIO GUY
2/15/2020 11:41am
yz133rider wrote:

SWOHIO GUY wrote:
When comparing the all time greats of an era you get into the territory of splitting hairs. When comparing Reed to Ricky and James, my knock...

yz133rider wrote:
Theres quite a few things that really fell into place to make those stats tho. Dungey had dnf's costing him titles to rv that clearly were...
Theres quite a few things that really fell into place to make those stats tho. Dungey had dnf's costing him titles to rv that clearly were out of rd's control. Chains derailing, running out of fuel while leading freestone, bike wont start before Southwick costing him several spots and massive points etc.

He also went to ktm going from a developed bike to a very not ready machine and had to take time to develop it to being a capable bike. That also cost him. Despite this like i said already look at how many wins he racked up.

He also didn't get to race Rv outdoors in big bikes more than twice was it, i believe because rv grenaded himself.

Rv is a great obviously but rd as well. Rd did not only do his winning while the others we're out as you said.
You bring up some valid points, but Dungey’s stiffest competition was Villopoto. Villopoto was 6 for 7 against Dungey, I’ll give Dungey 2010 SX because he was leading Villopoto at round 11 or 12 when Villopoto got hurt. Even if Dungey gets 2012 and 2014 MX that makes Villopoto 6 for 9. Dungey won his 3 SX titles once Villopoto retired. But like I said previously, were splitting hairs. These guys are absolute animals on a dirt bike.
yz133rider
2/15/2020 11:52am
SWOHIO GUY wrote:

yz133rider wrote:
Theres quite a few things that really fell into place to make those stats tho. Dungey had dnf's costing him titles to rv that clearly were...

SWOHIO GUY wrote:
You bring up some valid points, but Dungey’s stiffest competition was Villopoto. Villopoto was 6 for 7 against Dungey, I’ll give Dungey 2010 SX because he...
You bring up some valid points, but Dungey’s stiffest competition was Villopoto. Villopoto was 6 for 7 against Dungey, I’ll give Dungey 2010 SX because he was leading Villopoto at round 11 or 12 when Villopoto got hurt. Even if Dungey gets 2012 and 2014 MX that makes Villopoto 6 for 9. Dungey won his 3 SX titles once Villopoto retired. But like I said previously, were splitting hairs. These guys are absolute animals on a dirt bike.
He had 1 sx title before those 3 straight. I get what you're saying. Villo was an animal but when ppl say Dungey took 2nd and 3rds to his way to titles then i see he's 2nd all time on wins list outdoors only to Rc its worth bringing up.
2/15/2020 11:52am
I feel like Tomac has a better chance this year than any, because he seems to have FINALLY figured out that the nights you are off, pull back, smooth out and stay off your head.

He is showing racecraft that we havent seen before. I hope it results in a supercross title for him. He deserves one 450 title.
NateDawg
2/15/2020 12:03pm
SWOHIO GUY wrote:

yz133rider wrote:

SWOHIO GUY wrote:
You bring up some valid points, but Dungey’s stiffest competition was Villopoto. Villopoto was 6 for 7 against Dungey, I’ll give Dungey 2010 SX because he...
Dungey was straight up better than Villopoto in the 2011 Nationals and would've won easily if he hadn't run out of gas while crushing everyone at Freestone. He and Villopoto were fairly evenly matched outdoors, with RV having a touch more speed at times and Dungey having more endurance and durability.

In Supercross RV was straight up better than Dungey, no doubt about it. That being said Dungey did beat him in 2010 and probably would've beat him in 2011 if his chain didn't fall off.
TDeath21
2/15/2020 3:03pm
Gonna say 10th. He gets bad starts often enough that something will happen that he will get caught up in and set him way back.
2/16/2020 4:19am
I've been a doubter of Eli, not his speed he's been the fastest ever since he came in to the class but his mental break downs, his persona and mental seem much stronger this year he's not cracking under pressure like he was years past, he's different which is great.

Mr. Afterbar
2/16/2020 4:58am Edited Date/Time 2/16/2020 8:04am
RandyS wrote:
I would have to call bullshit on that statement because probably every comment I've made about Tomac has been negative, he's a guy who should have...
I would have to call bullshit on that statement because probably every comment I've made about Tomac has been negative, he's a guy who should have been a multiple time SX champion. I have said multiple times he's not my favorite rider but I don't believe I have ever used the word hate about any rider. I'm basing that on last year when Webb owned Tomac. I think the days of Tomac winning half the races have passed. Webb may not look like he was dominant but he won what 7 or 8 last year, most of Tomacs wins were when Webb was managing the title. You put Roczen in the mix and there's no room for the kind of weekends Tomac has had his entire 450 career. Had Webb not started out the season sick I think that would be more obvious.
You are delusional. Your “hate” is clear. Just own it and you’ll get at least some respect.
Mr. Afterbar
2/16/2020 5:01am Edited Date/Time 2/16/2020 5:05am
Not to discredit Reed in any way, but his two SX championships came when RC and Bubba were injured, not in the class yet, or retired.

Edit: Looks like SWOHIO guy beat me to it above.
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3725th
2/16/2020 5:10am
I've been a doubter of Eli, not his speed he's been the fastest ever since he came in to the class but his mental break downs...
I've been a doubter of Eli, not his speed he's been the fastest ever since he came in to the class but his mental break downs, his persona and mental seem much stronger this year he's not cracking under pressure like he was years past, he's different which is great.

The fastest ever? No.
mxtech1
2/16/2020 6:59am
If he gets a solid start AND doesn't crash, he's a lock for a podium or better the rest of the way.

I don't see any major weaknesses in his program right now.
kage173
2/16/2020 7:06am
I think OP has it about right. The problem for the 3 is Cooper wont finish off the podium for the rest of the year.

Post a reply to: What's Tomac's WORST finish the rest of the way?

The Latest