What’s up with booing the riders?

5/6/2018 12:33pm Edited Date/Time 5/8/2018 7:46am
I was at the Vegas SX last night and couldn’t belive how disrespectful people were to Marvin Musquin.

Every time people had the chance, they were booing him.
I mean a rider is an individual with feelings and all the top riders work hard to be there.

It’s a priveledge to be able to see these athletes do what they do on the track and I can’t believe that people boo a person just because they don’t like them.

He was going for a championship and a race win and the other rider left the door open. Like it or not but many riders would have done the same.

I’m from Sweden and this was my fourth time going to a supercross and I cheered for every rider during the presentation because I respect everyone.
They risk their life and limbs every time the go out there.

Just wanted to put this out there so people can think one extra time before booing a athlete and a individual Smile
|
5/6/2018 12:35pm
I was at the Vegas SX last night and couldn’t belive how disrespectful people were to Marvin Musquin. Every time people had the chance, they were...
I was at the Vegas SX last night and couldn’t belive how disrespectful people were to Marvin Musquin.

I mean a rider is an individual with feelings and all the top riders work hard to be there.

It’s a priveledge to be able to see these athletes do what they do on the track and I can’t believe that people boo a person just because they don’t like them.

He was going for a championship and a race win and the other rider left the door open. Like it or not but many riders would have done the same.

I’m from Sweden and this was my fourth time going to a supercross and I cheered for every rider during the presentation because I respect everyone.

Just wanted to put this out there so people can think one extra time before booing a athlete and a individual Smile
I wouldn't have booed him myself, but own your shit and people will respect you. I think it's really that simple.
newmann
5/6/2018 12:51pm
It's the demographic SX seeks.
hillbilly
5/6/2018 12:53pm
newmann wrote:
It's the demographic SX seeks.
Bingo

Growing the sport with jersey wearing posers

The Shop

5/6/2018 12:55pm
I was at the Vegas SX last night and couldn’t belive how disrespectful people were to Marvin Musquin. Every time people had the chance, they were...

I wouldn't have booed him myself, but own your shit and people will respect you. I think it's really that simple.
He’s not an American so he won’t respond the way you want him to.

Did Tomac own up to constantly try to take out Dungey? Probably not.
GTCD15317
5/6/2018 12:55pm
Really? who cares
TeamGreen
5/6/2018 1:08pm
Marvin’s a class act and so is Eli. Fans have their favorites and they show their support FOR -&- AGAINST. It’s kinda cool, actually.
MR. X
5/6/2018 1:35pm
No more cheering either ,just sit there and STFU .
5/6/2018 1:41pm
He’s not an American so he won’t respond the way you want him to. Did Tomac own up to constantly try to take out Dungey? Probably...

Why would he own up to something he never tried to do?
TbonesPop
Fantasy
360th
5/6/2018 1:56pm

He’s not an American so he won’t respond the way you want him to. Did Tomac own up to constantly try to take out Dungey? Probably...

I've been fortunate to travel the world for work in the last 20 years. I've been in many different countries all over the world. I've learned that when you are a foreigner in a foreign land, people are far more receptive you when you respect and work to acclimate into their culture. The harder you work to acclimate, the more well received you are.

And by the way, there was one of the biggest ass-clowns I've ever seen at a SX race sitting next to us (that in and of itself is saying something). He literally boo'd Tomac every lap, and cheered for MM25 every lap. After the win, he was standing up, flipping off Tomac. And this guy was American and as white trash as it gets. Guaranteed he's never thrown a leg over a dirtbike either. Got nuthin.....Some people are just douchebags.

Personally, I cheer for all the riders - with the only exception in a rare instance where a lapper intentionally doesn't give way to the race leaders thus impacting the outcome of the race. Otherwise, I've never boo'd and won't ever boo.
MohMoto14
5/6/2018 2:07pm
I don't agree with its a privilege to watch or that they're out they're out there risking it all for our entertainment. The riders are the ones who are privileged if anyone is. Most here would trade anything to be able to do what they do.
Adam43
5/6/2018 2:12pm
Not sure how this is news to anyone, but casual MX fans tend to be a trashy bunch.
wreckitrandy
5/6/2018 2:24pm
Your reference to quads implied that there is something inherently 'wrong' with them. That's not exactly 'PC'.... Good job.
jules790
5/6/2018 2:42pm
I was at foxboro when this first started...when walking out it was just crazy to me how many people were flipping him off, just talking trash about being french...it was all just stupid and continues to be like that. it was a pass... it happened, lets all move on.

i just don't get the booing and all that comes with it. may the best man win!
Question
5/6/2018 2:46pm Edited Date/Time 5/6/2018 3:43pm
It is not a question of nationality or language, it is about people quite globally not being able to listen more than 10 seconds of an information.

Musquin owned it, he said he was going for it as it was for sx main event win and the contact was much worse because he didn't expect Tomac to be on that line. If some people speaking english as their mother tongue can't understand that, I don't know what can be done. Then it is how a rumor become a reputation ...

Maybe it is a generation thing (Y and Z, short spam) or maybe it is people only listening what they want to hear (like retired do).
Motofinne
5/6/2018 2:48pm Edited Date/Time 5/6/2018 2:56pm
This sport is so weird.

At one day it is the most demanding sport in the world (i agree with that).... but hey, taking banned substances are not going to make a difference.

Then we have Marvin. Was the pass dirty? Yes. Was it okay? Yes. It was for 100k you fucking idiots!!! There are privateers every season that make worse moves for 2k. But Marvins that is worth 100k was the end of the world.

Pathetic. SX is a complete shitshow and needs to be gone. Thank god that it's over.
5/6/2018 2:58pm
Your reference to quads implied that there is something inherently 'wrong' with them. That's not exactly 'PC'.... Good job.
There’s nothing ‘wrong’ with them, but....well, you know.

As for the booing, when you grow the sport to arm chair fans it turns into a pantomime, heroes and villains etc. Anyone that has ever raced will know how incredible it is what these guys do on track, and what is on the line.
bama205
5/6/2018 3:30pm
They have "feelings"

My god
5/6/2018 3:37pm
Wait so a guy pulls an arguably dirty move and you guys are completely dumbfounded at the fact that some people weren't fans of said move? I definitely don't agree with booing him but IMO if enough people are doing it to where it's actually noticeable than it's probably justified in some way, shape or form.
Brad460
Fantasy
807th
5/6/2018 3:55pm Edited Date/Time 5/6/2018 4:06pm
Adam43 wrote:
Not sure how this is news to anyone, but casual MX fans tend to be a trashy bunch.
You should attend a Chicago Cubs/Milwaukee Brewers baseball game...then you would know what trashy fans really are ( the Chicago fans more specifically).!

At least if people are booing that means they are following motocross, like said above if everyone was quiet I’d be really concerned..
MX-LIFE.
5/6/2018 3:59pm
I booed the whole Damn season it was boring ASF
Villo2fan
5/6/2018 4:09pm
I booed Marvin. But only because my son was rooting for him and it’s fun to have a mini rivalry and take little jabs at him while the racing is going on.

Hey OP, ever been to an nfl game? When the visiting team comes out the stadium erupts in boo’s. To me it brings more fun to the race and banter between fans (as long as it’s friendly) and makes it exciting.

Do I have anything against Marvin? Hell no. I’m sure he’s a good dude. But all sports need chants from both ends of the spectrum. All good guys need a villan.
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
5/6/2018 4:09pm Edited Date/Time 5/6/2018 4:10pm
Adam43 wrote:
You mean we are like monster truck crowds? Lord help us....I had no idea
bents
Fantasy
694th
5/6/2018 4:17pm
I don't get it either. I root for guys, not against them. I pulled for Dungey but respected the hell out of RV.
IWreckALot
5/6/2018 4:46pm
MR. X wrote:
No more cheering either ,just sit there and STFU .
Haha.

Post a reply to: What’s up with booing the riders?

The Latest