Wheelie Boys 1st time on a track

Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
1/16/2019 12:06pm Edited Date/Time 12/21/2020 6:17am
This guy Angel is really good at riding wheelies
But not riding on dirt, it seems like he thought it would come to him a little easier, anyway nice to see that he wants to ride on tracks ,
Im not a fan of guys riding in cities cutting off cars, Running lights etc.
But though some may find it interesting to see a
Someone new to a track.
On a side note this guy makes a living i believe 100% as a youtuber.
https://youtu.be/YgpMrZdG3BQ
|
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
1/16/2019 1:59pm
enketchum wrote:
Fatty's first high side
Lol yup Fatty gets better quickly in later videos, he could probably be a good rider, but they spend most of there time just Riding wheelies around philly, on the city streets
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
1/16/2019 1:59pm
Fatty is a better rider than the big brother

The Shop

kage173
1/16/2019 2:42pm
Glad to see new people getting into moto and helping the sport grow. Also glad for him if he makes a living riding bikes on YouTube. Wish I had the ingenuity to figure that out.
kaptkaos
1/16/2019 3:04pm
Glad to see some are riding tracks, those wheelie boys are not short on talent, if they really wanted to dominate the local tracks, they probably could.

I can relate why its just so much easier to roll out of your yard with whatever your wearing and have a blast on a dirt bike for $5 in gas versus having to wake up early, load up a ton of gear in a truck or trailer, drive hours to a track, pay entrance, wait around for your turn and get all hot and dirty and then do the same thing to get home and then clean the bike. Its not easy for the inner city kids to do.

ebers
Fantasy
170th
1/16/2019 3:38pm Edited Date/Time 1/16/2019 3:39pm
I’ll be that guy.... these guys might be good guys, and not tied to thefts themselves, but they are associated with guys (in pics/vids) that have been seen on Instagram riding bikes of my buddies that were stolen a year ago. I have zero patience or excitement to see those videos.
Jerkolantern
1/16/2019 3:46pm
kaptkaos wrote:
Glad to see some are riding tracks, those wheelie boys are not short on talent, if they really wanted to dominate the local tracks, they probably...
Glad to see some are riding tracks, those wheelie boys are not short on talent, if they really wanted to dominate the local tracks, they probably could.

I can relate why its just so much easier to roll out of your yard with whatever your wearing and have a blast on a dirt bike for $5 in gas versus having to wake up early, load up a ton of gear in a truck or trailer, drive hours to a track, pay entrance, wait around for your turn and get all hot and dirty and then do the same thing to get home and then clean the bike. Its not easy for the inner city kids to do.

Ding ding ding. Someone gets it. It's easy. It's fun. F the rules. life's too short to be a saint
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
1/16/2019 5:07pm
ebers wrote:
I’ll be that guy.... these guys might be good guys, and not tied to thefts themselves, but they are associated with guys (in pics/vids) that have...
I’ll be that guy.... these guys might be good guys, and not tied to thefts themselves, but they are associated with guys (in pics/vids) that have been seen on Instagram riding bikes of my buddies that were stolen a year ago. I have zero patience or excitement to see those videos.
Yeah i believe it they are also punkish in some of the videos, running lights, taunting police, and other stuff.
SLOWTIME
1/16/2019 5:12pm
There’s an elephant in the room.
mwr
1/16/2019 6:35pm
kaptkaos wrote:
Glad to see some are riding tracks, those wheelie boys are not short on talent, if they really wanted to dominate the local tracks, they probably...

Ding ding ding. Someone gets it. It's easy. It's fun. F the rules. life's too short to be a saint
Being a thoughtless a-hole is a good way to make your life short.
yzcrkxrm
1/16/2019 7:09pm
kaptkaos wrote:

You can't be serious or that stupid? These guys are criminals that smash into cars and take off because they don't have insurance. They make all of us look like hoodlums and cast a negative light on our sport. Never thought I'd see the day when we have to lock our stuff up at the track and hide our car keys but first it was Etown and now I guess Millvile F.O.D. will be the same deal. What a shame.
jeffro503
1/16/2019 7:33pm
kaptkaos wrote:

This cracks me up every time I see someone post this stupid shit. They like literally know how to do one thing.....ride wheelies. Forget the fact that the other 999 things you need to be good at to be competitive on a track , they have no clue about. I think it's great they are going to the track , instead of terrorizing the street's.....but they have no advantage over anyone else going to a track.

Let use Colton Haaker as an example here. Awesome offroad guy , and could out " wheelie " any one of those guys , along with knowing all the other stuff needed to be good on a track. Sorry for coming off like a prick here , but your comment is borderline retarded.
kaptkaos
1/16/2019 7:49pm
kaptkaos wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
This cracks me up every time I see someone post this stupid shit. They like literally know how to do one thing.....ride wheelies. Forget the fact...
This cracks me up every time I see someone post this stupid shit. They like literally know how to do one thing.....ride wheelies. Forget the fact that the other 999 things you need to be good at to be competitive on a track , they have no clue about. I think it's great they are going to the track , instead of terrorizing the street's.....but they have no advantage over anyone else going to a track.

Let use Colton Haaker as an example here. Awesome offroad guy , and could out " wheelie " any one of those guys , along with knowing all the other stuff needed to be good on a track. Sorry for coming off like a prick here , but your comment is borderline retarded.
I disagree, and its not retarded, they have talent and can out wheelie anyone and have great bike handling skills. They just choose to focus on the street and wheelie riding. No chance anyone of us or a pro could keep up with them on city streets with live traffic and cops chasing you. They dont just do wheelies, they do wheelies while hanging off the bike, laying down on the bike, with 1-2 people on the back, they frickin dance while wheeling, and zig zagging through traffic and being chased by cops. Some are hacks with lesser skills but the good ones, man you couldnt catch one on a bike if you tried.

I think they have a ton of talent and bike handling skills, and if they chose to apply it towards becoming competitive motocrossers at the local level and beyond, I have no doubt they could excel at it. That kid in the video on his first ride on the track was way better than any other first time rider I have ever seen at my tracks...

Just because you do not agree, doesnt make it borderline retarded! Maybe its just the perspective you see it from is semi-retarded?? WinkSmileLaughing
1/16/2019 7:53pm
I knew a bunch of guys from the hood who rode and raced about 15-20 yrs ago. Long before wheelie boys. They were the funniest dudes I ever met. The way they interacted was amazing, they were a team and would do anything for each other and they all had nicknames like these guys do. One was "Niglett", and nobody got uptight about it. They struggled to get to the races, but somehow pulled it off. The fastest guy had top local expert level speed and easily could qualify for a national.
1/16/2019 7:53pm
Yeah stealing bikes and terrorizing streets on them is cool. Youll even get death threats from their homies if one of them crashes into you and dies. Fuck those guys.
1/16/2019 7:57pm
kaptkaos wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
This cracks me up every time I see someone post this stupid shit. They like literally know how to do one thing.....ride wheelies. Forget the fact...

kaptkaos wrote:
I disagree, and its not retarded, they have talent and can out wheelie anyone and have great bike handling skills. They just choose to focus on...
I disagree, and its not retarded, they have talent and can out wheelie anyone and have great bike handling skills. They just choose to focus on the street and wheelie riding. No chance anyone of us or a pro could keep up with them on city streets with live traffic and cops chasing you. They dont just do wheelies, they do wheelies while hanging off the bike, laying down on the bike, with 1-2 people on the back, they frickin dance while wheeling, and zig zagging through traffic and being chased by cops. Some are hacks with lesser skills but the good ones, man you couldnt catch one on a bike if you tried.

I think they have a ton of talent and bike handling skills, and if they chose to apply it towards becoming competitive motocrossers at the local level and beyond, I have no doubt they could excel at it. That kid in the video on his first ride on the track was way better than any other first time rider I have ever seen at my tracks...

Just because you do not agree, doesnt make it borderline retarded! Maybe its just the perspective you see it from is semi-retarded?? WinkSmileLaughing
You're right. These guys are much better at running from cops on city streets then any motocross racer. I'm sure that mixed with those dancing skills will translate to great results on a dirt track.
kaptkaos
1/16/2019 8:06pm
Guys dont forget we cant bash the Wheelie boys. Anything negative will get you min 2-week ban.

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Wheelie-Boys-Threads,132…

I hate everything about the outlaw side as much as the rest of you. I just see the talent, and glad one tried to enjoy the legal side of dirt bikes. Hes a youtuber and maybe he raises awareness.

As far as theft, its rampant everywhere. You cant trailer a bike anywhere even in good neighborhoods, you cant even leave it inside a van or truck overnight anywhere in any class neighborhood. We all have to lock our stuff up and protect it vigilantly. Its just how it is nowadays. We all read the stolen bike reports on here and they are not all stolen by wheelie boys or inner city thugs, black or white.

I will say its a start and first positive wheelie boy vid.
jeffro503
1/16/2019 8:11pm
kaptkaos wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:

kaptkaos wrote:
I disagree, and its not retarded, they have talent and can out wheelie anyone and have great bike handling skills. They just choose to focus on...

I fail to see how out running cops and dodging cars will help a person on a mx track. They would Excel on a track no faster then anyone else. Riding wheelies on pavement , has no benefit towards helping anyone in this sport. If any mx rider on planet Earth thought it would some how help them on a track......you would think we would all incorporate it into our training.

In the entire history of the wheelie boys , has there ever. ( I mean ever , any where ) been one that showed up to track and rode well? To get good on a track , you need to practice on a track. Being a one-trick pony would get you lapped in the beginner class.
jeffro503
1/16/2019 8:33pm
Btw....on the same discussion here , I live in the inner city. Right in the middle of Portland. I still load up to get to the tracks. And not once have I ever thought " Gee.....I just don't feel like loading up today , and I think instead I'm going to go ride wheelies up and down the streets and out run some cops. "

To say that people will have more talent then other's , with absolutely no track experience , is ludicrous. I say that , because it's never happened , and there is no proof or reason to believe they would Excel at all.
kaptkaos
1/16/2019 8:46pm
I just saw the YT vid, and the kid showed up at the track for the first time and he was riding really well. He was by no means the slowest guy there so yeah he has some kind of advantage or else everyone there would be passing him easily. Are you saying that if he decided to dedicate his time and talent to MX he could not be competitive? If so then we will have to agree to disagree.

Riding a motorcycle, at its most basic level requires bike handling skills, which he has. Everything else is technique, practice and fitness. Its like the MX guys that go flat tracking or supermoto. They dont win right away, but they have the talent and bike skills to be competent and quickly competitive.

That would be an awesome reality series, to take this kid or some other wheelie boy and send him to a riding facility for a year. Have you seen MX Yoga on You Tube? Something similar to that.

Keep in mind, most mxers started riding tracks and travelling to races when they were peewees and had the support of their families or teams. Give the top wheelie boy a year of dedicated mx training and lets see what happens! I would like to see that.
wildbill
1/16/2019 9:03pm
kaptkaos wrote:

yzcrkxrm wrote:
You can't be serious or that stupid? These guys are criminals that smash into cars and take off because they don't have insurance. They make all...
You can't be serious or that stupid? These guys are criminals that smash into cars and take off because they don't have insurance. They make all of us look like hoodlums and cast a negative light on our sport. Never thought I'd see the day when we have to lock our stuff up at the track and hide our car keys but first it was Etown and now I guess Millvile F.O.D. will be the same deal. What a shame.
Take the Myers/Briggs temperamnt test, please.
jeffro503
1/16/2019 9:23pm
kaptkaos wrote:
I just saw the YT vid, and the kid showed up at the track for the first time and he was riding really well. He was...
I just saw the YT vid, and the kid showed up at the track for the first time and he was riding really well. He was by no means the slowest guy there so yeah he has some kind of advantage or else everyone there would be passing him easily. Are you saying that if he decided to dedicate his time and talent to MX he could not be competitive? If so then we will have to agree to disagree.

Riding a motorcycle, at its most basic level requires bike handling skills, which he has. Everything else is technique, practice and fitness. Its like the MX guys that go flat tracking or supermoto. They dont win right away, but they have the talent and bike skills to be competent and quickly competitive.

That would be an awesome reality series, to take this kid or some other wheelie boy and send him to a riding facility for a year. Have you seen MX Yoga on You Tube? Something similar to that.

Keep in mind, most mxers started riding tracks and travelling to races when they were peewees and had the support of their families or teams. Give the top wheelie boy a year of dedicated mx training and lets see what happens! I would like to see that.
I'm sure the guys would progress just as fast as anyone else would if they put their efforts into it. No faster , no slower. The only way to know is if one of them actually tried. It's like saying I would be an awesome golfer since I can slam the shit out of a ball at the driving range. I have no way to prove that because I've never been in a golf tournament , just like one of those guys have never lined up behind a gate.

And fwiw.....a few years back I took my nephew to his first ride on a decent mx track , and he would of smoked those guys in that video. He learned in a flat field , and by the end of the day he was doing pretty well.
kaptkaos
1/16/2019 9:37pm
kaptkaos wrote:
I just saw the YT vid, and the kid showed up at the track for the first time and he was riding really well. He was...

jeffro503 wrote:
I'm sure the guys would progress just as fast as anyone else would if they put their efforts into it. No faster , no slower. The...
I'm sure the guys would progress just as fast as anyone else would if they put their efforts into it. No faster , no slower. The only way to know is if one of them actually tried. It's like saying I would be an awesome golfer since I can slam the shit out of a ball at the driving range. I have no way to prove that because I've never been in a golf tournament , just like one of those guys have never lined up behind a gate.

And fwiw.....a few years back I took my nephew to his first ride on a decent mx track , and he would of smoked those guys in that video. He learned in a flat field , and by the end of the day he was doing pretty well.
Thats because hes got Jeffro blood. How is that fair?
jeffro503
1/16/2019 9:40pm
kaptkaos wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
I'm sure the guys would progress just as fast as anyone else would if they put their efforts into it. No faster , no slower. The...

kaptkaos wrote:
Thats because hes got Jeffro blood. How is that fair?
haha , well to be fair , I did work with him a lot that day. And as far as those guy's in the video goes , I hope they stick with the tracks , or offroad of some type and keep those bikes off the street's. I want more people to join this sport , and I don't care where they come from. That group looks like they had fun , so hopefully they stick with it.
1/17/2019 12:54am
Finding the balance point on a featherlight dirtbike navigating a consistent paved surface.....IS NOT DIFFICULT.
1/17/2019 2:56am
kaptkaos wrote:

I wonder how you would feel if your bike was stolen out of your garage and see it wheelie down the street.

So why you want to see a reality soap about these guys?

Nothing to do with mx.
agn5009
1/17/2019 3:05am
kaptkaos wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:

kaptkaos wrote:

No, it’s reallly stupid. How well you wheelie has absolutely no bearing on how well you can ride a dirt bike. They do literally one thing while riding a dirt bike. Do you seriously think every single inner city hoodlum has some super special natural born talent because they can do a wheelie? Yikes.

Post a reply to: Wheelie Boys 1st time on a track

The Latest