When does Malcolm stop showing up for races?

mingham97
Edited Date/Time 6/15/2018 8:30am
I just watched for the record 2 and he talks about wanting to quit a year ago. He also supposedly declined a 450 ride with JGR for out doors. It doesn't give me much faith that he will be around much longer
|
mingham97
6/10/2018 6:03am Edited Date/Time 6/10/2018 6:06am
He may go away, but these threads never will.
You're in the wrong sport and on the wrong website if you don't like hearing about the Stewarts. James being one of the best riders in the sport has seen, his brother being the most stylish rider in the class, having a bizarre career path/set of choices, you expect not to hear about them? You're delusional and a little bit of a sook for even commenting
6/10/2018 6:08am
Haha. I have no problem hearing about them. It's more so the part where people are always questioning them or judging them that gets old. He clearly has no intention of riding the outdoors and I have no problem accepting that. Too many people seem to struggle with that. Hopefully he races SX, but not racing outdoors will affect his chances at that, as we all know. Guess we will see what happens when we see what happens.

The Shop

mingham97
6/10/2018 6:16am
Haha. I have no problem hearing about them. It's more so the part where people are always questioning them or judging them that gets old. He...
Haha. I have no problem hearing about them. It's more so the part where people are always questioning them or judging them that gets old. He clearly has no intention of riding the outdoors and I have no problem accepting that. Too many people seem to struggle with that. Hopefully he races SX, but not racing outdoors will affect his chances at that, as we all know. Guess we will see what happens when we see what happens.
If he has no intention then he needs to stop blaming people in the industry, saying "____didn't answer my calls" or "____left me in the dark". I dunno, it seems like we all spend time supporting Malcolm hoping he will "get a top 5" or screaming at the tv for him just to get a heat race win, yet can never repay that gratitude with any hard work in the offseason. People get tired
Premix
6/10/2018 6:43am
Ole boy can make more money bass fishing, I don’t blame him if he dosen’t.
newmann
6/10/2018 6:51am
Premix wrote:
Ole boy can make more money bass fishing, I don’t blame him if he dosen’t.
Ole boy can spend more money bass fishing. FIFY
Premix
6/10/2018 6:52am
newmann wrote:
Ole boy can spend more money bass fishing. FIFY
Hahaha. That’s no lie!
6/10/2018 7:08am
mingham97 wrote:
If he has no intention then he needs to stop blaming people in the industry, saying "____didn't answer my calls" or "____left me in the dark"...
If he has no intention then he needs to stop blaming people in the industry, saying "____didn't answer my calls" or "____left me in the dark". I dunno, it seems like we all spend time supporting Malcolm hoping he will "get a top 5" or screaming at the tv for him just to get a heat race win, yet can never repay that gratitude with any hard work in the offseason. People get tired
Time to find a new guy, I guess.
philG
6/10/2018 9:26am
cookies wrote:
Stewarts be Stewarting.
That needs to be a meme..
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
6/10/2018 9:33am
Malcolm rules, looks like he enjoys life which more people should try.
wb173
6/10/2018 9:51am
Wouldn't be all be happy to make our own decisions at Mookie's age? He's a good kid!
6/10/2018 9:51am
You mean direct message them on a social media platform that's open to the public, which they themselves chose to be a part of?
6/10/2018 10:00am
If the Stewart’s we’re inclined and had real proper management they could have a dynasty on their hands from a marketing standpoint. Maybe they just have done very well, surpassed their expectations and want to just live life
Nuffsaid
6/10/2018 9:15pm
The less he’s on the gate the faster he becomes, if he retires he’ll be one of the all time greatest in a few years
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
6/11/2018 3:46am
Moto Concepts. There problem solved.
Ray_MXS
6/11/2018 3:48am
Markee wrote:
He would need to accept their offers if that´s supposed to work though Tongue
Wells423
6/11/2018 5:09am
Well he stoped showing up for outdoors 4 years ago. Missed the last 2 A1’s. He’s on a good path to quit.
kb228
6/11/2018 5:33am
He has stopped...
6/11/2018 5:57am
Haha. I have no problem hearing about them. It's more so the part where people are always questioning them or judging them that gets old. He...
mingham97 wrote:
If he has no intention then he needs to stop blaming people in the industry, saying "____didn't answer my calls" or "____left me in the dark"...
Dude you were just backing them up in the comment before and now you are ripping on them lol which one is it mingham
mingham97
6/11/2018 6:01am Edited Date/Time 6/11/2018 6:02am
mingham97 wrote:
Dude you were just backing them up in the comment before and now you are ripping on them lol which one is it mingham
I think that sums up Malcolm for a lot of people. Love watching him ride but hate his "lead the world on" attitude.
mingham97
6/11/2018 6:04am
wb173 wrote:
Wouldn't be all be happy to make our own decisions at Mookie's age? He's a good kid!
Yeah he's great and love his character. Ofcourse he can do what ever he wants, but I get tired of the "no ride" narrative when he isn't even bringing his own bike to A1. I just get a feeling that he won't be showing up at all soon
DoubleA
6/11/2018 6:05am
Probably when he's stopped having fun.
Texas Built
6/11/2018 6:11am
Im not sure why a 13th place SX rider who refuses to race outdoors keeps getting opportunities. Yes, he is funny and popular, but this is racing, not a high school popularity contest.

mingham97
6/11/2018 6:15am
Really didn't mean to start this thread hating on him, even though looking back, that's what the title alludes to. Vital is so negative as it is on peoples careers and we are kidding ourselves if we think the riders don't read what we all say. I just noticed a solid trend of him not showing up, constantly hearing "I almost quit" etc. in interviews. It's becoming reality that he probably doesn't give two shits about the sport.

If I am honest, I feel like we are about to see the last season or two of his career. Especially as he continues to take advantage of followers and use his brothers fame to continue his following, the people will end up having enough, despite his credibility mentioned above.

Am I the only one that wants him to come out and just be transparent with his fans? Every other rider does that, because without the fans they are nothing.
mxtech1
6/11/2018 6:17am
Im not sure why a 13th place SX rider who refuses to race outdoors keeps getting opportunities. Yes, he is funny and popular, but this is...
Im not sure why a 13th place SX rider who refuses to race outdoors keeps getting opportunities. Yes, he is funny and popular, but this is racing, not a high school popularity contest.

Are you sure? At times, it is like a popularity contest. The "popular" guys continue to get offers because they have a large fan base which adds marketing value to the sponsors. That is pretty straight forward.
mb60
6/11/2018 6:25am
Seems most people having a problem of the Stewart's can decide there own destiny. I doubt Mookie will stick around long and I doubt he looks back when he leaves.
mingham97
6/11/2018 6:25am
Im not sure why a 13th place SX rider who refuses to race outdoors keeps getting opportunities. Yes, he is funny and popular, but this is...

mxtech1 wrote:
Are you sure? At times, it is like a popularity contest. The "popular" guys continue to get offers because they have a large fan base which...
Are you sure? At times, it is like a popularity contest. The "popular" guys continue to get offers because they have a large fan base which adds marketing value to the sponsors. That is pretty straight forward.
Yeah I think you're partially right, but I think at the end of the day, you still have to have some speed. Not just for the teams, but also to keep your popularity with the fans. No-one thinks you're cool if you're riding around in 13th, if you decide to show up
davistld01
6/11/2018 6:30am Edited Date/Time 6/11/2018 6:37am
Markee wrote:
I believe that offer was made at one time...and declined.

I'm a fan of the Stewarts...as riders. But, there maybe some parts of the Stewart (James or Malcolm) "package" that some teams aren't willing to deal with on an every-weekend basis. Lots of talk about Big James being too involved. I don't have a clue...but there must be other reasons bigger than Malcolm's lack of training ethic (apparently) and spotty results for him not to be getting phone calls. It does seem that he wants the deal "his way" or no way a bit...

I still there ought to be a Team Bass Pro or Team Ranger Boats...

Post a reply to: When does Malcolm stop showing up for races?

The Latest