When will tracks in the northeast open?

Does anyone have a clue when tracks will open back up for practice in the northeast area? Seems like alot of states are starting to open. Anyone have an inside scoop?
|
phatfi20
4/30/2020 12:52pm
Many southern PA tracks reopen this weekend.

Budds creek mentioned 2 weeks ago they would be down a about a month at that point.

The Landing MX in Easton MD and Field of Dreams in NJ haven't set anything official.
GregDVT
4/30/2020 1:12pm
Than landing isn’t even worth mentioning. Last time I was there it was so over watered my bike got stuck standing up in a straight away. The new owner of rocket raceway is also having a “semi private practice” of sorts.
austin_bo
Fantasy
239th
4/30/2020 1:12pm
phatfi20 wrote:
Many southern PA tracks reopen this weekend. Budds creek mentioned 2 weeks ago they would be down a about a month at that point. The Landing...

Budds creek mentioned 2 weeks ago they would be down a about a month at that point.

The Landing MX in Easton MD and Field of Dreams in NJ haven't set anything official.
I DM'd Field of Dreams on Instagram when I found out NJ Parks and Golf Courses were allowed to open this Saturday. They responded "Please keep posted for any updates thanks". Not really confidence inspiring. Looks like they've been overhauling the tracks during this closed times, so I'll be hyped when they're open again.
troymoto2
Fantasy
74th
4/30/2020 1:16pm
My guess is maybe the end of May for clubs/private tracks. Probably June or so in the rest of the NE. I only know one place thats open and its private, no guests and they're only allowing 5 riders on the track in 2 hour blocks.

The Shop

MOTOXSTATION
Fantasy
468th
4/30/2020 2:08pm
Doublingap.com - DOUBLIN GAP MX
OUR MDRA EVENT ON MAY 2 AND 3 HAS BEEN POSTPONED AND WILL BE
RESCHEDULED AT A LATER DATE

WE WILL HOLD OPEN PRACTICE THIS WEEKEND, MAY 2 AND 3
FROM 11:30 TO 5:00 - OPEN TO ALL BIKE RIDERS
$35.00 PER RIDER
SOCIAL DISTANCING WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED
JBecker 72
4/30/2020 2:17pm Edited Date/Time 4/30/2020 2:17pm
I’ll be at Breezewood Proving Grounds Saturday
GregDVT
4/30/2020 2:44pm
JBecker 72 wrote:
Is there actually enough room to park 10-15 apart? The other thing keeping me from going is sharing the bathrooms. If I had a camper I’d be there in a heartbeat
JBecker 72
4/30/2020 3:29pm Edited Date/Time 4/30/2020 3:30pm
JBecker 72 wrote:
GregDVT wrote:
Is there actually enough room to park 10-15 apart? The other thing keeping me from going is sharing the bathrooms. If I had a camper I’d...
Is there actually enough room to park 10-15 apart? The other thing keeping me from going is sharing the bathrooms. If I had a camper I’d be there in a heartbeat
My friend rented a cabin for his family and I’m tagging along.
Sabez
4/30/2020 6:01pm
JBecker 72 wrote:
Really wish I could make it this weekend!
lukaitis9
5/1/2020 11:30am
phatfi20 wrote:
Many southern PA tracks reopen this weekend. Budds creek mentioned 2 weeks ago they would be down a about a month at that point. The Landing...

austin_bo wrote:
I DM'd Field of Dreams on Instagram when I found out NJ Parks and Golf Courses were allowed to open this Saturday. They responded "Please keep...
I DM'd Field of Dreams on Instagram when I found out NJ Parks and Golf Courses were allowed to open this Saturday. They responded "Please keep posted for any updates thanks". Not really confidence inspiring. Looks like they've been overhauling the tracks during this closed times, so I'll be hyped when they're open again.
Gov. Murphy's order prohibits organized sports or gatherings of any kind.

04/29/2020
Order Restores County Authority to Open or Close County Parks

TRENTON — Governor Phil Murphy today signed Executive Order No. 133, reopening state parks and golf courses, and restoring the authority of county governments to determine whether county parks will be open or closed. The order takes effect at sunrise on Saturday, May 2.

“We understand that New Jerseyans want to get outside and get some fresh air as the weather warms up,” said Governor Murphy. “However, this should not serve as an open invitation to rush back to normalcy and break the necessary social distancing measures we’ve put in place. This approach will also bring New Jersey in line with our neighboring states, which will discourage residents from needlessly crossing state lines for recreation.”

State Parks and Forests: The order allows State parks and forests to open to the public for passive recreation, including fishing, hunting, boating, canoeing, hiking, walking, running or jogging, biking, birding, and horseback riding. Picnic areas, playgrounds, exercise stations and equipment, chartered watercraft services and rentals, swimming, pavilions, restrooms, and other buildings and facilities, such as visitor centers, interpretive centers, and interior historical sites, shall remain closed at this time. To limit physical interaction, the State parks and forests must implement reasonable restrictions that include:

Limiting parking to 50% of maximum capacity and prohibiting parking in undesignated areas;
Prohibiting picnics;
Requiring social distancing to be practiced except with immediate family members, caretakers, household members, or romantic partners; and
Banning organized or contact activities or sports; and gatherings of any kind.
The order also recommends that people wear a cloth face covering while in public settings at the parks and forests where social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.

“More than ever, we know how important it is for the people of New Jersey to take a break from the ongoing self-quarantine and that there are few options for outdoor recreation,” said DEP Commissioner Catherine R. McCabe. “Just as the decision to close parks and forests was not made lightly, the decision to reopen them has also been made with careful thought and consideration for the health and well-being of the public. We urge visitors to only visit their closest parks, keep their distance from others while outdoors, wear masks and follow the guidelines established to protect public health.”

County Parks: The order opens county parks to the public, except any parks closed by the county prior to Executive Order No. 118 that required all county parks be closed (the county will now have the ability to reopen its parks if it chooses). This will treat county parks the same way as municipal parks – the locality gets to determine whether they are open or closed. County and municipal parks that remain open must abide by the restrictions placed on State parks in today's Order.

All recreational campgrounds and transient camp sites at campgrounds shall remain closed to the public. Residential campgrounds, including mobile home parks, condo sites, and existing/renewing 2020 yearly seasonal contract sites may remain open. Counties and municipalities can also place restrictions on the ability of residential campgrounds, including mobile home parks, to accept new transient guests or seasonal tenants, as defined by Administrative Order Nos. 2020-08 and 2020-09.

Golf Courses: The order also opens golf courses so long as they adopt minimum social distancing policies that include:

Implementing electronic or telephone reservation and payment systems while still providing options for populations that do not have access to internet service or credit cards;

Extending tee times to sixteen minutes apart;

Limiting the use of golf carts to one person unless being shared by immediate family members, caretakers, household members, or romantic partners;

Requiring frequent, and after each use, sanitization of high-touch areas such as restroom facilities, range buckets, golf carts, and push carts;

Restricting the touching of golf holes and flags;

Closing golf center buildings, pro shops, and other buildings and amenities;

Removing bunker rakes and other furniture-like benches, water coolers, and ball washers from the course;

Discontinuing club and equipment rentals;

Prohibiting the use of caddies; and

Limiting tee times to two players unless the foursome consists of immediate family, caretakers, household members or romantic partners.

The golf course may impose additional restrictions as necessary to limit person-to-person interactions. The order also recommends, but does not order, that employees, players, and other individuals on the golf course wear cloth face coverings while on the golf course. Additionally, the order clarifies that miniature golf courses and driving ranges must remain closed.
JBecker 72
5/3/2020 9:54am Edited Date/Time 5/3/2020 9:58am
Breezewood was packed yesterday. At one time there were easily 120+ riders on the intermediate track. I think there were over 400 riders total.
Schlava
5/3/2020 5:58pm
Field of Dreams open this coming Saturday.
lukaitis9
5/4/2020 1:30pm
Schlava wrote:
Wow - How are they getting around the state's shut down orders?
austin_bo
Fantasy
239th
5/4/2020 6:47pm
Schlava wrote:
lukaitis9 wrote:
Not exactly sure, but they have a bunch of criteria for this weekend. They’re splitting each day into two sessions (8:30-12:30 & 1:00-5:00), with 50 riders per session. Prepay online so there is limited human contact and no sign-in line. Everyone must wear a mask when not riding, park 10’ part as designated by security, and obviously stay 6’ apart. I reserved a spot for the Saturday afternoon session and it’s already sold out.
Broughton859
5/5/2020 6:06am
Yea all the PA tracks seem to be able to be open now with restrictions and rules. Field of Dreams in NJ is open with restrictions that the guy above mentioned. Haven't heard anything from Etown yet.

Last couple weekends I've been making 6-7 hour round trips to central PA tracks which was nice but I'm glad to be able to go to a track again that's 45 min away haha. Save me a ton of money on gas and tolls
lukaitis9
5/5/2020 8:48am
Schlava wrote:
lukaitis9 wrote:
austin_bo wrote:
Not exactly sure, but they have a bunch of criteria for this weekend. They’re splitting each day into two sessions (8:30-12:30 & 1:00-5:00), with 50 riders...
Not exactly sure, but they have a bunch of criteria for this weekend. They’re splitting each day into two sessions (8:30-12:30 & 1:00-5:00), with 50 riders per session. Prepay online so there is limited human contact and no sign-in line. Everyone must wear a mask when not riding, park 10’ part as designated by security, and obviously stay 6’ apart. I reserved a spot for the Saturday afternoon session and it’s already sold out.
That's good news. What they are doing makes absolute sense in an opening with all of the appropriate safety measures.

In many states, that would be enough but I haven't seen anywhere that Murphy (NJ Gov.) has even allowed for more than 10 person gatherings anywhere but state and county parks, the beaches, and golf courses.

Let us know how it goes.
geo309
5/5/2020 11:50am
I am glad Field of Dreams figured it out with the state. I reserved for Sunday!! Can't wait to ride plus they have been posting pictures of changes!!
Vet57
5/6/2020 3:12am
Most likely won't open in New England...but you can buy as much booze as you want.
FahQ
5/16/2020 5:22am
Any updates?
Nairb#70
5/16/2020 8:19am
Vet57 wrote:
Most likely won't open in New England...but you can buy as much booze as you want.
In CT it was deemed an essential business from day one. Most liquor distributors are headquartered in CT. They claim it was to keep domestic violence from increasing due to having to go without the sauce, combine that with tax money and power and here you have it.

Post a reply to: When will tracks in the northeast open?

The Latest