Where Does Kenny Go From Here?

Lightning78
6/7/2020 9:54pm
FerCzD wrote:
I would suggest viceversa. Forget SX, that has only caused injuries. Focus on MX, and win one last title before ridding into the sunset. He is...
I would suggest viceversa. Forget SX, that has only caused injuries. Focus on MX, and win one last title before ridding into the sunset. He is more natural at it and doesn't have the mental load of almost losing his arm while riding it.
diz330 wrote:
how is he supposed to go out and win motos on the toughest roughest tracks around and in sweltering heat when he can't even make it...
how is he supposed to go out and win motos on the toughest roughest tracks around and in sweltering heat when he can't even make it through a sx main event? clearly fatigue and Epstein barr and now asthma isn't going to play in his favour very well.
If you believe he all of a sudden developed asthma then I have some oceanfront property to sell you in Oklahoma.๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

His forthcoming 'honesty' to me looks like he wants to go away from blaming the bike like 99.999% of other riders do so he sort of takes it on himself thanks to (as Astephen (sp) put it) a guaranteed 3 or 4mil a year contract. I'm sorry but the only rider to demand that and back it up was RC. Yes I realize hes been through hell and back And in no way am I discounting that at all it just seems to me like hes the closest hes ever been to a 450sx title has given up the last few races way too prematurely And more importantly at the most critical time possible for him to have a chance at winning this title. He looks like hes either having an epic mental meltdown that's kept unde wraps and at this point it's looking like Webb may take 2nd place in the 450sx championship over Kenny.

My thread I got sent to the "other place" was just about my disappointment in how hes handling this title run nothing is adding up and I can't accept the November December sickness explanation because he was killing it in January and February doing incredibly well with nothing affecting him and now all of a sudden hes just letting them roll right past him. For me as a huge fan of his all these years hes been Crow I wanted nothing more than to see him win the title and in the position is in this year seeing the way the last 2 races of gone just Crushes the amount of enthusiasm I had towards him and his title hopes this year.

When the outdoors comes along and he has a fresh start I really don't believe we're gonna hear anything about the sudden onset of asthma and hes going to do well and win motos and be in the title hunt.
HusqFan3
6/7/2020 9:55pm
kpiper wrote:
Remember, Ken pretty much did this last year too. Now, I realize all the big Kenny fans won't like this comment but this forum is bench...
Remember, Ken pretty much did this last year too.

Now, I realize all the big Kenny fans won't like this comment but this forum is bench racing right...

I think the problem may very well be his near huge crash at the end of the first Utah race.
HusqFan3 wrote:
Oh yea, the thing about that guy is well, heโ€™s an IDIOT. Tomac and Roczen arenโ€™t yet proven racers? LOL.
kpiper wrote:
Not sure who you mean is an idiot. Kenny is a smart guy...and like many riders before him that have been injured badly they start thinking...
Not sure who you mean is an idiot.

Kenny is a smart guy...and like many riders before him that have been injured badly they start thinking about 'why' they are still out there doing this. Canard is one, said he started riding scared.

And that near-crash at SLC #1 could very well be making Ken think 'why' is he still out there?

Dungey had that happen after he got hurt. Hannah even said he started thinking that way. That is why Windham quit a while after a big crash.
I was referring to the guy that made the thread the other day claiming Tomac was still unproven as a racer and will remain so despite any/all other accomplishments until he wins a SX title. Assumed thatโ€™s what your post was alluding to but perhaps not.
Boomslang
Fantasy
657th
6/7/2020 10:00pm
gregyou wrote:
Fading aside his best lap time was 2 seconds slower than tomacs
In all fairness, Tomac started third and had somewhat clear track, Kenny was not so lucky. Unless my memory is bad?
kpiper
6/7/2020 10:17pm
gregyou wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
In all fairness, Tomac started third and had somewhat clear track, Kenny was not so lucky. Unless my memory is bad?
Kenny was right there in 5th and then passed Anderson quickly to 4th. Then almost got Zack in 3rd.

He seemed to start fading some and when Anderson passed him back and hit his bad (left) arm it was all over after that.

The Shop

yz25
6/7/2020 10:19pm
That was extremely tough to watch. Really concerned with outdoors around the corner. What happens if Sexton is the shinny one under the tent?
Boomslang
Fantasy
657th
6/7/2020 10:20pm Edited Date/Time 6/7/2020 10:21pm
Roczen has issues, we all can see it and only they know whats wrong and the amount of time needed to get healthy.

I can't see him being 100% for the outdoors and that being the case any attempt will be futile.

Honda and Ken need to look ahead at 2021 and I think they are smart enough to write the outdoors off in order to come back next year for a last crack at titles.

They can bump Martin up for the outdoors and let Ken get well.

Regardless of which direction they go Ken will need to deliver next year. Honda's patience will run out at some point.

IMHO Ken would be better off on a factory GasGas to finish his career off.
Motofinne
6/7/2020 10:26pm
Boomslang wrote:
Roczen has issues, we all can see it and only they know whats wrong and the amount of time needed to get healthy. I can't see...
Roczen has issues, we all can see it and only they know whats wrong and the amount of time needed to get healthy.

I can't see him being 100% for the outdoors and that being the case any attempt will be futile.

Honda and Ken need to look ahead at 2021 and I think they are smart enough to write the outdoors off in order to come back next year for a last crack at titles.

Regardless of which direction they go Ken will need to deliver next year. Honda's patience will run out at some point.

The issue is that we might be in the exact same situation one year from now, even if he takes the outdoor series off to heal what ever is going on with him. So what is the solution in that case? SX only? MX only?
kongols
6/7/2020 10:28pm
All he can do is do his best, where ever it takes him. Things sure doesn`t look good at the moment. Let`s hope it`s altitude and not something permanent.
Boomslang
Fantasy
657th
6/7/2020 10:30pm
Boomslang wrote:
Roczen has issues, we all can see it and only they know whats wrong and the amount of time needed to get healthy. I can't see...

Motofinne wrote:
The issue is that we might be in the exact same situation one year from now, even if he takes the outdoor series off to heal...
The issue is that we might be in the exact same situation one year from now, even if he takes the outdoor series off to heal what ever is going on with him. So what is the solution in that case? SX only? MX only?
If he can't survive SX at this point it ain't going to go well in the Outdoors.

A healthy Ken can contest for championships in both series.

FIREfish148
6/7/2020 10:44pm
I would rent an air bnb at the highest altitude possible in Utah if he hasnโ€™t already.
6/7/2020 11:08pm
Round one Roczen looked horrible with the bike setup. Hoping tonight was just a bike setup issue and he can get his energy back for the last few rounds.
tek14
6/8/2020 12:19am
He has over done training and kept training/racing when he was sick?
He should go back home to recover and will still get 3rd from SX.
If he continues what he can do outdoors... Honda cant go outdoors with only Sexton.
6/8/2020 12:27am
Premix wrote:
The bigger question should be how much will Honda pay to get Ferrandis alongside Sexton next year?
DONโ€™T suggest that! I suggested in another thread that Honda will soon be looking for a new star and I got ridiculed for it!
kongols
6/8/2020 1:09am
You`re only as good as your last race. Fits perfectly here.
Snapper
6/8/2020 2:13am
gregyou wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
Deano started last, and got sixth.
Snapper
6/8/2020 2:16am
Perhaps he just needs a KTM like Chad?

In all seriousness, he clearly has something big going on. Until the series took a break he was killing it, race wins and only three points down in the standings. Getting lapped will not sit well that's for sure.
Boomslang
Fantasy
657th
6/8/2020 2:17am Edited Date/Time 6/8/2020 2:17am
gregyou wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
Snapper wrote:
Deano started last, and got sixth.
Solid ride from Dean but that don't change the fact that Roczen is up shit creak. Man, i feel for him.
Boomslang
Fantasy
657th
6/8/2020 2:19am
Snapper wrote:
Perhaps he just needs a KTM like Chad? In all seriousness, he clearly has something big going on. Until the series took a break he was...
Perhaps he just needs a KTM like Chad?

In all seriousness, he clearly has something big going on. Until the series took a break he was killing it, race wins and only three points down in the standings. Getting lapped will not sit well that's for sure.
Maybe it is a little asthma like he says which has become a bigger issue at SLC's altitude.

Excaliburbmx
6/8/2020 2:40am
gregyou wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
He got lapped twice. Really no argument for him other than he got handeled.
If Anderson isnโ€™t having an altitude problem then it isnโ€™t a problem.
Once you start giving excuses for everything you lose touch.
kkawboy14
6/8/2020 3:03am
Hcallz5 wrote:
Track went to shit in a hurry after the 250 restart. It's possible they thought it was going to stay dry and went to dry bike...
Track went to shit in a hurry after the 250 restart. It's possible they thought it was going to stay dry and went to dry bike settings then paid the price. From the looks of the field that may have happened under more than one tent. Wish we could see 20 more mins of Coop and Eli with no lappers, that was awesome.
If there werenโ€™t any lappers Tomac would have won by 15 seconds
ehr400
6/8/2020 3:30am
Funny, he had no problems breathing at Colorado last year winning the OA. Something with KR is he always has some kind of excuse, go back to his 250 days, had a tummy ache etc. Rarely admits he got his ass kicked. Now he has mental asthma? Cmon.
Premix
6/8/2020 3:49am
Premix wrote:
The bigger question should be how much will Honda pay to get Ferrandis alongside Sexton next year?
DONโ€™T suggest that! I suggested in another thread that Honda will soon be looking for a new star and I got ridiculed for it!
Kenny gets paid to win championships and races. Plain and simple. Anything short of that is a failure. People seem to have a hard time realizing this in our neutered society these days. Everyone wants a participation ribbon.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
6/8/2020 3:59am
kpiper wrote:
Remember, Ken pretty much did this last year too. Now, I realize all the big Kenny fans won't like this comment but this forum is bench...
Remember, Ken pretty much did this last year too.

Now, I realize all the big Kenny fans won't like this comment but this forum is bench racing right...

I think the problem may very well be his near huge crash at the end of the first Utah race.
HusqFan3 wrote:
Oh yea, the thing about that guy is well, heโ€™s an IDIOT. Tomac and Roczen arenโ€™t yet proven racers? LOL.
kpiper wrote:
Not sure who you mean is an idiot. Kenny is a smart guy...and like many riders before him that have been injured badly they start thinking...
Not sure who you mean is an idiot.

Kenny is a smart guy...and like many riders before him that have been injured badly they start thinking about 'why' they are still out there doing this. Canard is one, said he started riding scared.

And that near-crash at SLC #1 could very well be making Ken think 'why' is he still out there?

Dungey had that happen after he got hurt. Hannah even said he started thinking that way. That is why Windham quit a while after a big crash.
If he was starting out mains hesitant and falling back after a decent start right away I would probably agree. But it makes zero sense to me to think that it has anything to do with his near-crash when he can come out guns blazing every weekend and then all of a sudden at the 7-8min mark his lap times drop by 2-3 seconds. We saw it last year during outdoors, it was the exact same thing. And it had nothing to do with any crash back then either
teamddr
6/8/2020 4:52am
ehr400 wrote:
Funny, he had no problems breathing at Colorado last year winning the OA. Something with KR is he always has some kind of excuse, go back...
Funny, he had no problems breathing at Colorado last year winning the OA. Something with KR is he always has some kind of excuse, go back to his 250 days, had a tummy ache etc. Rarely admits he got his ass kicked. Now he has mental asthma? Cmon.
This
Iโ€™m a bigger Kroc fan than I am Tomac or Webb but heโ€™s not at this std
Heโ€™s maybe spent all the fight he has to get back on a motorcycle
This break hasnโ€™t worked out for him compared to his rivals
6/8/2020 5:04am
Straight to the bank cashing in his pay cheque like any other employee.
crowe176
6/8/2020 5:09am
At the beginning of the race, at the end of one of the straights It looked like Kenny bottomed out and got bucked almost exactly similar to his big crash a few years ago.. I canโ€™t imagine what goes through his head when heโ€™s not comfortable with a track. I know that doesnโ€™t explain anything with his performance since being in SLC, but I wouldnโ€™t be surprised if a good part of his problem is mental.

I just really hope a new gen CRF and some time off will help. Itโ€™s one thing to just be slower than the winners, but to be blazing fast and just dropping anchor has to be a huge mind fuck.
RG1
6/8/2020 5:21am
ehr400 wrote:
Funny, he had no problems breathing at Colorado last year winning the OA. Something with KR is he always has some kind of excuse, go back...
So he just forgot how to ride halfway through the main last week?
soggy
Fantasy
3783rd
6/8/2020 5:24am
FerCzD wrote:
I would suggest viceversa. Forget SX, that has only caused injuries. Focus on MX, and win one last title before ridding into the sunset. He is...
I would suggest viceversa. Forget SX, that has only caused injuries. Focus on MX, and win one last title before ridding into the sunset. He is more natural at it and doesn't have the mental load of almost losing his arm while riding it.
diz330 wrote:
how is he supposed to go out and win motos on the toughest roughest tracks around and in sweltering heat when he can't even make it...
how is he supposed to go out and win motos on the toughest roughest tracks around and in sweltering heat when he can't even make it through a sx main event? clearly fatigue and Epstein barr and now asthma isn't going to play in his favour very well.
If you believe he all of a sudden developed asthma then I have some oceanfront property to sell you in Oklahoma.๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ His forthcoming 'honesty' to me...
If you believe he all of a sudden developed asthma then I have some oceanfront property to sell you in Oklahoma.๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

His forthcoming 'honesty' to me looks like he wants to go away from blaming the bike like 99.999% of other riders do so he sort of takes it on himself thanks to (as Astephen (sp) put it) a guaranteed 3 or 4mil a year contract. I'm sorry but the only rider to demand that and back it up was RC. Yes I realize hes been through hell and back And in no way am I discounting that at all it just seems to me like hes the closest hes ever been to a 450sx title has given up the last few races way too prematurely And more importantly at the most critical time possible for him to have a chance at winning this title. He looks like hes either having an epic mental meltdown that's kept unde wraps and at this point it's looking like Webb may take 2nd place in the 450sx championship over Kenny.

My thread I got sent to the "other place" was just about my disappointment in how hes handling this title run nothing is adding up and I can't accept the November December sickness explanation because he was killing it in January and February doing incredibly well with nothing affecting him and now all of a sudden hes just letting them roll right past him. For me as a huge fan of his all these years hes been Crow I wanted nothing more than to see him win the title and in the position is in this year seeing the way the last 2 races of gone just Crushes the amount of enthusiasm I had towards him and his title hopes this year.

When the outdoors comes along and he has a fresh start I really don't believe we're gonna hear anything about the sudden onset of asthma and hes going to do well and win motos and be in the title hunt.
10000% chance this dude is a big time conspiracy theorist.

Roczen straight up told us what's going on and because it doesn't fit what you want to believe you created your pen version. Unreal.
chuck356
6/8/2020 5:38am
As far as I am concerned, Kenny became one of our sport's greatest stars when he swung his leg over the bike his first race after the bad arm injury. Everything else is just icing on the cake, being in the hunt for a title is over the top fantastic for guy who beat the odds as he has. To me, this great man has nothing to prove, he is as bad-ass as they get! He can walk away from racing and raise a family, enjoy life. And in a few years when he gets bored, I would love to see him as a team manager, the next Roger DeCoster.

Post a reply to: Where Does Kenny Go From Here?

The Latest