-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
2/11/2020 7:07pm
He asked to have his account deleted.
2/11/2020 7:10pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I wonder why, Harry was a good dude. I bought a tank from him for my old CR125. Maybe he's eliminating forums from his daily routine.
oldblood
2/11/2020 7:10pm
Ok, we are at a loss.

Cheers Harry!

The Shop

2/11/2020 7:20pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
That was like one of those, "suicide by cop." incidents. I hope we get Harry back soon
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
2/11/2020 7:24pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I wonder why, Harry was a good dude. I bought a tank from him for my old CR125. Maybe he's eliminating forums from his daily routine.
He questioned someone's post. Said post was deleted. He came back to ask why it was deleted.

Long story short, he was just fed up with how this place is ran and asked to have his account deleted.

And I agree, Harry is a good dude.
Sully
2/11/2020 7:36pm Edited Date/Time 2/11/2020 7:37pm
He took a 1 year-ish hiatus a couple of years back (I don't think he asked to have his account nuked, though). Hopefully he gets the itch to come back again at some point.
jeffro503
2/11/2020 7:40pm
I saw where he just asked why a certain post was deleted , the answer was pretty much " because I wanted to delete it "........Harry said he thought that it was kinda dumb and didn't think there was anything wrong with the questions he asked. He got another kinda shitty reply , and so Harry pretty much " fuck it , I'm fed up with it ( called someone a few names ) and said delete my fucking account.

I know Harry. Talked on the phone quite a bit , and you couldn't ask for a cooler dude , or a better poster. Still kinda pissed off at this , and think maybe the higher ups around here get a little too trigger happy! I mentioned , that maybe even if someone is " asking for it "........how about just a cool off period. I could go on a big fucking rant right now , but I won't. I'm still pissed about getting sidelined for saying something.....
That had 46 likes.......and one fucking down vote! I don't blame Harry for getting fed up with it.
jeffro503
2/11/2020 7:41pm
Sully wrote:
He took a 1 year-ish hiatus a couple of years back (I don't think he asked to have his account nuked, though). Hopefully he gets the...
He took a 1 year-ish hiatus a couple of years back (I don't think he asked to have his account nuked, though). Hopefully he gets the itch to come back again at some point.
No Sully......they deleted his account.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
2/11/2020 7:41pm Edited Date/Time 2/11/2020 7:41pm
Sully wrote:
He took a 1 year-ish hiatus a couple of years back (I don't think he asked to have his account nuked, though). Hopefully he gets the...
GIwasB4
2/11/2020 7:42pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
He questioned someone's post. Said post was deleted. He came back to ask why it was deleted. Long story short, he was just fed up with...
He questioned someone's post. Said post was deleted. He came back to ask why it was deleted.

Long story short, he was just fed up with how this place is ran and asked to have his account deleted.

Harry is a good egg, so is Newmann. This place sucks lately

aeffertz
2/11/2020 7:48pm Edited Date/Time 2/11/2020 7:57pm
Sully wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
I believe he’s saying he took a break before, on his own, without deleting his account.

But what are we children? If somebody asks for something and that thing gets done, that’s on that person. I don’t think there’s anything stopping him from making an Extra Harry Backmon account if he wants to come back. Don’t say something if you don’t mean it, flat out.

“Delete my account!”
*deletes account*
“Why would you delete the account!?”

🙄
oldblood
2/11/2020 7:49pm
What about rubarb, that guy was a character. Did he get pissed off too?
slipdog
2/11/2020 7:52pm
Sully wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
aeffertz wrote:
I believe he’s saying he took a break before, on his own, without deleting his account. But what are we children? If somebody asks for something...
I believe he’s saying he took a break before, on his own, without deleting his account.

But what are we children? If somebody asks for something and that thing gets done, that’s on that person. I don’t think there’s anything stopping him from making an Extra Harry Backmon account if he wants to come back. Don’t say something if you don’t mean it, flat out.

“Delete my account!”
*deletes account*

🙄
Harry "I'll be back"mon
Wade221
2/11/2020 7:54pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I saw where he just asked why a certain post was deleted , the answer was pretty much " because I wanted to delete it "........Harry...
I saw where he just asked why a certain post was deleted , the answer was pretty much " because I wanted to delete it "........Harry said he thought that it was kinda dumb and didn't think there was anything wrong with the questions he asked. He got another kinda shitty reply , and so Harry pretty much " fuck it , I'm fed up with it ( called someone a few names ) and said delete my fucking account.

I know Harry. Talked on the phone quite a bit , and you couldn't ask for a cooler dude , or a better poster. Still kinda pissed off at this , and think maybe the higher ups around here get a little too trigger happy! I mentioned , that maybe even if someone is " asking for it "........how about just a cool off period. I could go on a big fucking rant right now , but I won't. I'm still pissed about getting sidelined for saying something.....
That had 46 likes.......and one fucking down vote! I don't blame Harry for getting fed up with it.
That downvote was me, and it was because of that Astars gear you love so much! 😂😂 Actually I have no clue what the post in question is Jeff
jeffro503
2/11/2020 7:57pm
Sully wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
aeffertz wrote:
I believe he’s saying he took a break before, on his own, without deleting his account. But what are we children? If somebody asks for something...

“Delete my account!”
*deletes account*

🙄
Yeah I get that , and Harry said it was on him for even saying " delete my account". The point I'm trying to make here is , you get guys on these boards that have spent a lot of years here , and when they get the fucking door slammed in their face for something completely stupid , it tends to piss you off. Harry asked " Why? "......and in nicer words was pretty much told to fuck off.

Vital's big plus is the forum.......not one person can say that it isn't!! But when you just delete member's account , you indeed hurt your own cause. Vital exists because of the forum , and that exists because of the members........and without your members , there is no God damned forum!
jeffro503
2/11/2020 7:57pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I saw where he just asked why a certain post was deleted , the answer was pretty much " because I wanted to delete it "........Harry...

Wade221 wrote:
That downvote was me, and it was because of that Astars gear you love so much! 😂😂 Actually I have no clue what the post in...
That downvote was me, and it was because of that Astars gear you love so much! 😂😂 Actually I have no clue what the post in question is Jeff
You bastard Wade!! Laughing
Chance1216
2/11/2020 8:26pm Edited Date/Time 2/11/2020 8:39pm
I talk to him periodically. I can’t say enough good things about the guy. I’ll leave it at that.
haydos25
Fantasy
3302nd
2/11/2020 8:59pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Yeah I get that , and Harry said it was on him for even saying " delete my account". The point I'm trying to make here...
Yeah I get that , and Harry said it was on him for even saying " delete my account". The point I'm trying to make here is , you get guys on these boards that have spent a lot of years here , and when they get the fucking door slammed in their face for something completely stupid , it tends to piss you off. Harry asked " Why? "......and in nicer words was pretty much told to fuck off.

Vital's big plus is the forum.......not one person can say that it isn't!! But when you just delete member's account , you indeed hurt your own cause. Vital exists because of the forum , and that exists because of the members........and without your members , there is no God damned forum!
I kinda get where you're going with that, but i cant agree 100%

We all know what we're here for, we all know the lines of right and wrong. Some people like to flirt with it, some people don't think there should be any lines whatsoever. But it's not the wild west, if people aren't happy with that they are welcome to leave, if they dont like being moderated then they can leave, which is what Harry appears to have done.

Everyone likes to bang on about freedom of speech, but there is freedom of choice too. If you dont like what's happening then anyone is free to choose to leave. Simple. Their shouldnt be a heirarchy where long term members are allowed to get away with breaking rules because they've been here a long time or some people say they're good guys. That's not how it works.
Sully
2/11/2020 9:04pm
Sully wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I should have put "that time" in my post, because I was talking about his hiatus a few years ago.
Broseph
2/11/2020 10:31pm

GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
2/11/2020 10:39pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
He questioned someone's post. Said post was deleted. He came back to ask why it was deleted. Long story short, he was just fed up with...

I agree, too. I'm not a fan when bad things happen to good people...particularly when it's their request.
agn5009
2/12/2020 6:30am
Sucks when we lose good posters like Harry. Hopefully he returns.
TXDirt
2/12/2020 6:41am
Harry is a good Moto brother.

The higher ups drive away good posters with their holier than thou attitude. But leave all the dousgbag to trash this place. Doesn’t make sense. But been that way for awhile now. Quantity may be up. But quality has gone down the crappper.
TxGuy
2/12/2020 6:49am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

GuyB wrote:
I agree, too. I'm not a fan when bad things happen to good people...particularly when it's their request.
or you could actually listen to your frustrated "customers" that are sick of being moderated in such a manner? Or at least tell people what rule they violated when you clip their posts/threads/accounts. Just a suggestion.
2/12/2020 6:52am
Harry is fine, he is here with me in Vital purgatory. We have pizza, good wi-fi for keeping up with Rocket League, and plenty of time to nap. Jabroni just got back from playing tennis with his lawyers, and Newmann is on the other side of the room arguing double displacement with the maid. Looks like he's going with an Infowars t-shirt and MAGA hat today, he says hello.

Hey, whoever sent this Drop-Bear guy here, can you please take him back?
brlatm
2/12/2020 6:53am
TxGuy wrote:
or you could actually listen to your frustrated "customers" that are sick of being moderated in such a manner? Or at least tell people what rule...
or you could actually listen to your frustrated "customers" that are sick of being moderated in such a manner? Or at least tell people what rule they violated when you clip their posts/threads/accounts. Just a suggestion.
But BRO, have you seen the numbers of his viewers in Cali? You know the moto-mecca where everyone panders to motocross and to not piss off anyone.

Harry is good people, long live the Sasquatch, may his chickens keep producing eggs and that sweet ass bike keep firing up.
BobPA
2/12/2020 6:56am
Harry is fine, he is here with me in Vital purgatory. We have pizza, good wi-fi for keeping up with Rocket League, and plenty of time...
Harry is fine, he is here with me in Vital purgatory. We have pizza, good wi-fi for keeping up with Rocket League, and plenty of time to nap. Jabroni just got back from playing tennis with his lawyers, and Newmann is on the other side of the room arguing double displacement with the maid. Looks like he's going with an Infowars t-shirt and MAGA hat today, he says hello.

Hey, whoever sent this Drop-Bear guy here, can you please take him back?
Haha well played.

What did you do Grape? How long have you been out?
TxGuy
2/12/2020 7:01am
TxGuy wrote:
or you could actually listen to your frustrated "customers" that are sick of being moderated in such a manner? Or at least tell people what rule...
brlatm wrote:
But BRO, have you seen the numbers of his viewers in Cali? You know the moto-mecca where everyone panders to motocross and to not piss off...
But BRO, have you seen the numbers of his viewers in Cali? You know the moto-mecca where everyone panders to motocross and to not piss off anyone.

Harry is good people, long live the Sasquatch, may his chickens keep producing eggs and that sweet ass bike keep firing up.
it's a game of whack-a-mole around here and has been for a long time, though it's getting almost comically bad. GuyB furiously shuts down any discussion that gets too close to his buddies (riders/teams) and then creates some stupid reason for clipping the thread like "Things were getting out of hand" or "Discussion turned too personal" and then puts his fingers in his ears when users bitch about it.

Rinse. Repeat.

My posts and/or this thread will get clipped as soon as he wakes up today.
slipdog
2/12/2020 7:09am
If I ever get my account clipped, I'm coming back as #Therealclipdog

Post a reply to: Where the HELL is Harry Backmon?

The Latest