Where the HELL is Harry Backmon?

GIwasB4
2/12/2020 7:14am
Harry is fine, he is here with me in Vital purgatory. We have pizza, good wi-fi for keeping up with Rocket League, and plenty of time...
Harry is fine, he is here with me in Vital purgatory. We have pizza, good wi-fi for keeping up with Rocket League, and plenty of time to nap. Jabroni just got back from playing tennis with his lawyers, and Newmann is on the other side of the room arguing double displacement with the maid. Looks like he's going with an Infowars t-shirt and MAGA hat today, he says hello.

Hey, whoever sent this Drop-Bear guy here, can you please take him back?
That's classic!
jeffro503
2/12/2020 8:13am
Talked to Harry this morning and told him about this thread. He wanted me to tell you guy's , Thanks for your support ".....and I quote , he has no " Ragrets " .
whyZ
2/12/2020 8:22am
Here in Arizona we have an old Indian saying that's been past down through generations, "message boards are an escape from life, not part of it." Harry's spirit walks free now.
JAFO92
2/12/2020 8:58am
Damn it !

Harry is a helluva good person, why would anyone ever wanna punt a quality dude like him.

Angry

The Shop

OldPro277
2/12/2020 9:02am
JAFO92 wrote:
Damn it !

Harry is a helluva good person, why would anyone ever wanna punt a quality dude like him.

Angry
Jafo-- he wasn't punted, he demanded to have his account deleted. And yes, I wish he would reconsider.
sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
2/12/2020 9:05am
JAFO92 wrote:
Damn it !

Angry
Sounds like he punted himself. I could see getting fed up. I was ready to bail after I was told I was "A complete idiot" but then I considered the source and got over it Laughing
Nighttrain
2/12/2020 9:11am
Harry is fine, he is here with me in Vital purgatory. We have pizza, good wi-fi for keeping up with Rocket League, and plenty of time...
Harry is fine, he is here with me in Vital purgatory. We have pizza, good wi-fi for keeping up with Rocket League, and plenty of time to nap. Jabroni just got back from playing tennis with his lawyers, and Newmann is on the other side of the room arguing double displacement with the maid. Looks like he's going with an Infowars t-shirt and MAGA hat today, he says hello.

Hahaha, that’s comic gold! Well done, sir.
HenryA
2/12/2020 10:01am
Can't believe Harrybro is no longer a memeber of this board!
I will never forget the battles he had with Tamir, some of his replies to Tamir was absolutely hilarious.
kkawboy14
2/12/2020 10:01am
Nobody should be a member of a place that would have him as a member!
slipdog
2/12/2020 10:11am
kkawboy14 wrote:

agn5009
2/12/2020 10:20am
kkawboy14 wrote:
slipdog wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/02/12/403894/s1200_Screenshot_2020_02_12_at_10.09.35_AM.jpg[/img]

KKawboy has a weird sense of humor. Sometimes he posts some funny stuff but a lot of the time it doesn't make sense.
Chance1216
2/12/2020 10:33am
jeffro503 wrote:
No Sully......they deleted his account.
aeffertz wrote:
I believe he’s saying he took a break before, on his own, without deleting his account. But what are we children? If somebody asks for something...
I believe he’s saying he took a break before, on his own, without deleting his account.

But what are we children? If somebody asks for something and that thing gets done, that’s on that person. I don’t think there’s anything stopping him from making an Extra Harry Backmon account if he wants to come back. Don’t say something if you don’t mean it, flat out.

“Delete my account!”
*deletes account*
“Why would you delete the account!?”

🙄
slipdog wrote:
Harry "I'll be back"mon
Hey Slip, If I remember correctly, wasn’t it Harry who sent you his forks packed with foam peanuts?
CM_84
2/12/2020 10:57am

Hahaha
That’s good stuff
AHRMA361
Fantasy
232nd
2/12/2020 11:04am
kkawboy14 wrote:
That quote is attributed to Groucho Marx
kiwifan
2/12/2020 11:15am
jeffro503 wrote:
No Sully......they deleted his account.
aeffertz wrote:
I believe he’s saying he took a break before, on his own, without deleting his account. But what are we children? If somebody asks for something...
I believe he’s saying he took a break before, on his own, without deleting his account.

But what are we children? If somebody asks for something and that thing gets done, that’s on that person. I don’t think there’s anything stopping him from making an Extra Harry Backmon account if he wants to come back. Don’t say something if you don’t mean it, flat out.

“Delete my account!”
*deletes account*
“Why would you delete the account!?”

🙄
jeffro503 wrote:
Yeah I get that , and Harry said it was on him for even saying " delete my account". The point I'm trying to make here...
Yeah I get that , and Harry said it was on him for even saying " delete my account". The point I'm trying to make here is , you get guys on these boards that have spent a lot of years here , and when they get the fucking door slammed in their face for something completely stupid , it tends to piss you off. Harry asked " Why? "......and in nicer words was pretty much told to fuck off.

Vital's big plus is the forum.......not one person can say that it isn't!! But when you just delete member's account , you indeed hurt your own cause. Vital exists because of the forum , and that exists because of the members........and without your members , there is no God damned forum!
I sort of agree with you Jeffro, but on the other side of the coin moderators/administrators are dammed if they do dammed if they dont, sure sometimes they can be trigger happy (the amount of shit said on here, I dont blame them) but at the end of the day you dont need to throw your toys out if they do delete a post or two that you dont think should of been deleted or reply to your comment with something you dont like.
O&GDriller
2/12/2020 11:28am Edited Date/Time 2/12/2020 11:46am
TxGuy wrote:
or you could actually listen to your frustrated "customers" that are sick of being moderated in such a manner? Or at least tell people what rule...
or you could actually listen to your frustrated "customers" that are sick of being moderated in such a manner? Or at least tell people what rule they violated when you clip their posts/threads/accounts. Just a suggestion.
brlatm wrote:
But BRO, have you seen the numbers of his viewers in Cali? You know the moto-mecca where everyone panders to motocross and to not piss off...
But BRO, have you seen the numbers of his viewers in Cali? You know the moto-mecca where everyone panders to motocross and to not piss off anyone.

Harry is good people, long live the Sasquatch, may his chickens keep producing eggs and that sweet ass bike keep firing up.
TxGuy wrote:
it's a game of whack-a-mole around here and has been for a long time, though it's getting almost comically bad. GuyB furiously shuts down any discussion...
it's a game of whack-a-mole around here and has been for a long time, though it's getting almost comically bad. GuyB furiously shuts down any discussion that gets too close to his buddies (riders/teams) and then creates some stupid reason for clipping the thread like "Things were getting out of hand" or "Discussion turned too personal" and then puts his fingers in his ears when users bitch about it.

Rinse. Repeat.

My posts and/or this thread will get clipped as soon as he wakes up today.
So very, very true. I caution everybody, DO NOT dare say anything negative about Chad Reed or you will be banned. He is sacred and ANY comments that disparage the almighty CR22 will be dealt with severly by the powers that be. GuyB does not tolerate any negativity expressed towards the anointed one. Vital Commandment #2 is: Thou shalt not take the name of the Chad Reed in vain or thou shall be banished for life.

I won't even delve into the consequences of commenting on his old lady's tits, even when she brings them into the conversation...
TxGuy
2/12/2020 11:34am
kiwifan wrote:
I sort of agree with you Jeffro, but on the other side of the coin moderators/administrators are dammed if they do dammed if they dont, sure...
I sort of agree with you Jeffro, but on the other side of the coin moderators/administrators are dammed if they do dammed if they dont, sure sometimes they can be trigger happy (the amount of shit said on here, I dont blame them) but at the end of the day you dont need to throw your toys out if they do delete a post or two that you dont think should of been deleted or reply to your comment with something you dont like.
"Moderating" is fine. Point out what rule was broken (from the pinned list at the top) and then delete/edit. I think everyone could go along with that. What we get is just a random "What kind of mood is GuyB in today?" type moderation without any consistency. Basically, the AMA runs Vital because the decisions around here are just as confusing.
kiwifan
2/12/2020 11:51am
kiwifan wrote:
I sort of agree with you Jeffro, but on the other side of the coin moderators/administrators are dammed if they do dammed if they dont, sure...
TxGuy wrote:
"Moderating" is fine. Point out what rule was broken (from the pinned list at the top) and then delete/edit. I think everyone could go along with...
"Moderating" is fine. Point out what rule was broken (from the pinned list at the top) and then delete/edit. I think everyone could go along with that. What we get is just a random "What kind of mood is GuyB in today?" type moderation without any consistency. Basically, the AMA runs Vital because the decisions around here are just as confusing.
I guess one of my points were perhaps we need thick skin too...in that if the moderators/admin are having a bad day, then we dont over react as well.
slipdog
2/12/2020 12:38pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
AHRMA361 wrote:
That quote is attributed to Groucho Marx
Gotcha... so this is a case where the obscure reference went over my head, usually it’s the other way around. I tend to enjoy making references that most people don’t get Laughing
slipdog
2/12/2020 12:44pm Edited Date/Time 2/12/2020 1:52pm
Chance1216 wrote:
Hey Slip, If I remember correctly, wasn’t it Harry who sent you his forks packed with foam peanuts?
Yes, and it made a mess in my shop when I opened it. When I was done I packed everything back up in the same box with all the peanuts I swept up and sent it back the same way.

He opened the box in his garage and it pretty much exploded everywhere! The wind was blowing and half the peanuts got sucked out the door and he said he was picking peanuts out of the hedges and surrounding landscape for next month or so. Victory was mine!!!
Chance1216
2/12/2020 1:01pm
Chance1216 wrote:
slipdog wrote:
Yes, and it made a mess in my shop when I opened it. When I was done I packed everything back up in the same box...
Yes, and it made a mess in my shop when I opened it. When I was done I packed everything back up in the same box with all the peanuts I swept up and sent it back the same way.

He opened the box in his garage and it pretty much exploded everywhere! The wind was blowing and half the peanuts got sucked out the door and he said he was picking peanuts out of the hedges and surrounding landscape for next month or so. Victory was mine!!!
That’s some comedy right there. I always liked his humor.
He was a verbal sniper at times.
JAFO92
2/12/2020 1:26pm
agn5009 wrote:
KKawboy has a weird sense of humor. Sometimes he posts some funny stuff but a lot of the time it doesn't make sense.
Thats cuz he's in Texas. All Texans are kooks. Whistling

G-man
2/12/2020 1:32pm
agn5009 wrote:
JAFO92 wrote:

Thanks for clearing that up! Cool
Camp332
2/12/2020 4:20pm
Harry is cool people. This place is a lot different than the early 2000's when we would let it rip wide open.
BMSOBx2
2/12/2020 4:44pm
Seems a lot of people get butthurt these days. Over small things. Then they take their ball and go home.
Chance1216
2/12/2020 5:12pm Edited Date/Time 2/12/2020 5:14pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Seems a lot of people get butthurt these days. Over small things. Then they take their ball and go home.
Maybe the things he once enjoyed about the forum are no longer here. He’s got thicker skin then most.
oldblood
2/12/2020 5:14pm
Maybe he's just taking a break for a while, nothing wrong with that.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
2/12/2020 5:22pm
On a side note if you go back and read any thread from 5 to 10 years ago
It's 90% names that don't post anymore. Always makes me wonder what happened to them it seems to me that most most people that are into dirt bikes are hooked for life.
kkawboy14
2/12/2020 5:25pm
agn5009 wrote:
JAFO92 wrote:

Tru story! 😂

Harry Back is all right in my book!
oldblood
2/12/2020 6:35pm
I would say moderating a forum like this probably isn't as easy or fun as it looks.

Post a reply to: Where the HELL is Harry Backmon?

The Latest