Which Moto Dad Hates Weege: Deep Analysis of the RacerX Vault

enketchum
Edited Date/Time 5/9/2018 7:25pm
Weege said in the Vegas review pulpmx podcast that a rider's dad got mad at him for not blowing up his son on the broadcast when he got 5th place in his first career moto at Hangtown.

I looked through the vault because I love Weege and he can do no wrong. I find three possibilities: Cooper Webb, RJ Hampshire*, or Chris Alfredo**.

Colt Nichols NO
2017 Hangtown moto1 5th place
Colt Nichols first motos Elsinore 2014

RJ Hampshire POSSIBLE
2016 Hangtown moto1 5th place
RJ Hampshire first moto Unadilla 2014
* First full season start Hangtown 2016 *

Chris Aldredge NO
2015 Hangtown first moto 5th place
Chris Aldredge first moto Unadilla 2014
** First full season start Hangtown 2015 *&

Justin Bogle NO
2014 Hangtown first moto 5th place
Justin Bogle first moto Unadilla 2011

Cooper Webb PROBABLE
2013 Hangtown first moto 5th place
Cooper Webb first moto Hangtown 2013

2012 Budds Creek was first round

Tyla Ratray NO
2011 Hangtown first moto 5th place
Tyla Ratray first moto Glen Helen 2009

Justin Barcia NO
2010 Hangtown first moto 5th place
Justin Barcia first moto Glen Helen 2009

I guess Weege will be filing that restraining order against me, now. :/
|
NorCal 50+
5/8/2018 11:46pm
Dude, c'mon. I spent a good deal of time with Cooper and his Dad. Bobby Webb is the chillest guy ever- he shapes surfboards for a living. He is the polar opposite of rabid mini Dad, unless he made a 180 degree change in recent years, which I know he didn't
enketchum
5/8/2018 11:49pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
Dude, c'mon. I spent a good deal of time with Cooper and his Dad. Bobby Webb is the chillest guy ever- he shapes surfboards for a...
Dude, c'mon. I spent a good deal of time with Cooper and his Dad. Bobby Webb is the chillest guy ever- he shapes surfboards for a living. He is the polar opposite of rabid mini Dad, unless he made a 180 degree change in recent years, which I know he didn't
I'm going by the results in the vault. Maybe it was one of the other two and Weege and the dad were mistaken on the rider's first actual moto.

Or maybe this terrible sport changed Cooper's dad....
5/9/2018 12:58am Edited Date/Time 5/9/2018 1:01am
Pretty sure it was Cooper's dad. Cooper got 5th in his first moto as you said, and if you listened to the podcasts back in 2013 (Cooper's rookie season) Weege mentioned more than once that there was no in between with the AC and Webb rivalry, according to their inner camps you were either on one side or the other. I never really knew what he meant by that at the time, but after listening to the Vegas show it made a lot of sense haha.

The Shop

DonM
5/9/2018 8:23am
It was Aldredge
early
Fantasy
2212th
5/9/2018 8:46am
DonM wrote:
It was Aldredge
Man, it was hard to watch that kid race supercross
hamncheeze
5/9/2018 11:34am Edited Date/Time 5/9/2018 11:35am
But I thought the whole thing was about kids who start their pro careers at Hangtown (or Glen Helen, when it was the first one a few years back)?? Weege was talking about someone who debuts as a pro then. Alldredge rode a couple rounds after Loretta's in 2014 then bounced his way through SX before his first Hangtown. Same with RJ Hampshire. Weege was talking about the Barcia, Tomac, Webb program. Given that he said it was not Charbonneau, it pretty much had to be Webb.

I also went to the Vault to try to figure this out after listening to the podcast. The only conclusion I could come to was Webb.
RG1
5/9/2018 11:39am
Why have you put Tyla Rattray on this list? He was a world champion before he went to the states. I'm sure his dad wouldn't have been going crazy over a 5th
NorCal 50+
5/9/2018 11:45am
Pretty sure it was Cooper's dad. Cooper got 5th in his first moto as you said, and if you listened to the podcasts back in 2013...
Pretty sure it was Cooper's dad. Cooper got 5th in his first moto as you said, and if you listened to the podcasts back in 2013 (Cooper's rookie season) Weege mentioned more than once that there was no in between with the AC and Webb rivalry, according to their inner camps you were either on one side or the other. I never really knew what he meant by that at the time, but after listening to the Vegas show it made a lot of sense haha.
I just can't see Bobby Webb acting that way- and I was actually writing about them at the time. I saw zero sign of that kind of behavior.. But I haven't been around them since Cooper became a star. His Mom is super cool too. They are just totally down-to-Earth people as far as I know.
mx_563
5/9/2018 11:45am
My guess would have been Aldredge too. Weege is a smart dude, he would not have put it out there if the rider was still around.
rmoto003
5/9/2018 12:01pm
Sorry bro, I stopped reading at DEEP ANAL
enketchum
5/9/2018 6:16pm
RG1 wrote:
Why have you put Tyla Rattray on this list? He was a world champion before he went to the states. I'm sure his dad wouldn't have...
Why have you put Tyla Rattray on this list? He was a world champion before he went to the states. I'm sure his dad wouldn't have been going crazy over a 5th
I just kept going down the list by year and stopped at 2010
enketchum
5/9/2018 6:18pm Edited Date/Time 5/9/2018 6:19pm
rmoto003 wrote:
Sorry bro, I stopped reading at DEEP ANAL
Would you read if Tobias wrote this? He's an analytical therapist
5/9/2018 7:20pm
Pretty sure it was Cooper's dad. Cooper got 5th in his first moto as you said, and if you listened to the podcasts back in 2013...
NorCal 50+ wrote:
I just can't see Bobby Webb acting that way- and I was actually writing about them at the time. I saw zero sign of that kind...
I just can't see Bobby Webb acting that way- and I was actually writing about them at the time. I saw zero sign of that kind of behavior.. But I haven't been around them since Cooper became a star. His Mom is super cool too. They are just totally down-to-Earth people as far as I know.
Yeah I have no proof that it was Webb's dad but that's just what I thought based on the info given. Like I said I distinctly remember Weege mentioning more than once on the podcasts back then that according to each guys individual camps you were either on AC's side or Webb's side, no inbetween. He was very adamant about this and definitely seemed like something had got under his skin for him to bring it up the amount he did.

Some people are saying Alldredge but I don't think so because his first race was Unadilla 2014 where he went 13-8. At this point I think Webb is the only one who fits the bill?
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
5/9/2018 7:24pm Edited Date/Time 5/9/2018 7:25pm
RG1 wrote:
Why have you put Tyla Rattray on this list? He was a world champion before he went to the states. I'm sure his dad wouldn't have...
Looks like just showing every one that got 5th

Post a reply to: Which Moto Dad Hates Weege: Deep Analysis of the RacerX Vault

The Latest