Which US based rider would you like to see in MXGP?

Sibex
2/25/2019 5:47am
What with all the talk about Herlings doing Nationals, it got me thinking about what would happen if we could swap a US National rider to fill those pretty big, but empty boots!

Favourite for me would probs be Barcia. He always gives absolutely everything he has. Having seem him ride at the MXDN, its pretty hard not to be a fan. He also said that he likes to see the world and would be open to a ride in a previous interview. Also the works YZM450 as run by the Rinaldi team is a very good machine.
|
FerCzD
2/25/2019 5:52am Edited Date/Time 2/25/2019 5:53am
For obvious reasons I would like to have AMA top dog going head to head to GPs tops dogs. A showdown on ET3 vs. AC222 and in MX2 prado vs. forkner going at it.

Edit: Add justin cooper for 250
2/25/2019 6:06am Edited Date/Time 2/25/2019 6:10am
Barcia would be a great pick but i would choose the champ , Eli Tomac .... would be awesome ,to see how he would do on those tracks and even for a single race ... wont happen unless
they ( Team USA ) come over and race MXGP as prep for MXON ...
tingo
2/25/2019 6:10am Edited Date/Time 2/25/2019 6:11am
Sibex wrote:
What with all the talk about Herlings doing Nationals, it got me thinking about what would happen if we could swap a US National rider to...
What with all the talk about Herlings doing Nationals, it got me thinking about what would happen if we could swap a US National rider to fill those pretty big, but empty boots!

Favourite for me would probs be Barcia. He always gives absolutely everything he has. Having seem him ride at the MXDN, its pretty hard not to be a fan. He also said that he likes to see the world and would be open to a ride in a previous interview. Also the works YZM450 as run by the Rinaldi team is a very good machine.
Yes, please take Barcia. Commence the down-voting.
kb228
2/25/2019 6:10am
Thumbs me down but i want the top gp guys to step up and race supercross.

The Shop

ATKpilot99
2/25/2019 6:14am
Tomac. Interested to see how Webb looks outdoors this season though.
Sibex
2/25/2019 6:25am
Barcia would be a great pick but i would choose the champ , Eli Tomac .... would be awesome ,to see how he would do on...
Barcia would be a great pick but i would choose the champ , Eli Tomac .... would be awesome ,to see how he would do on those tracks and even for a single race ... wont happen unless
...Will Tomac be the champ this year? Gonna be fun finding out.

Isnt Webb better outdoors than the indoor pogo show?

Im gonna call Barcia for outdoor champ. Stamp it!!!

FerCzD
2/25/2019 6:27am
Barcia would be a great pick but i would choose the champ , Eli Tomac .... would be awesome ,to see how he would do on...
I think it would be great if they match one MXGP race with an AMA outdoor national, awarding points for each championship on the earned finish position regardless the series the riders are competing, I could be wrong but I believe they (MXGP) already does something like this mixing it up with the european, German and italian own national championships. This could be the only poasibility for a true battle between the best riders in each series.
Crush
2/25/2019 6:29am
Tomac.

Despite his MXdN struggles I really think he could win. People just talk about his strength or aggression, but there is methods in his mtb-influenced madness... when he is on, he hops and jumps and rips. It'd be great to see him on different terrain and take on Herlings!
Press516
Fantasy
111th
2/25/2019 6:36am
I'm going a different direction... I'd like to see Baggett do MXGP. 1 year to get used to the travel and learn the program and give it a big time run for a couple years after that. He'd be a contender for sure.
2/25/2019 6:47am
Sibex wrote:
...Will Tomac be the champ this year? Gonna be fun finding out. Isnt Webb better outdoors than the indoor pogo show? Im gonna call Barcia for...
...Will Tomac be the champ this year? Gonna be fun finding out.

Isnt Webb better outdoors than the indoor pogo show?

Im gonna call Barcia for outdoor champ. Stamp it!!!

Webb is on fire , who knows if he takes this to outdoors what could happen ...
2/25/2019 6:49am
Crush wrote:
Tomac. Despite his MXdN struggles I really think he could win. People just talk about his strength or aggression, but there is methods in his mtb-influenced...
Tomac.

Despite his MXdN struggles I really think he could win. People just talk about his strength or aggression, but there is methods in his mtb-influenced madness... when he is on, he hops and jumps and rips. It'd be great to see him on different terrain and take on Herlings!
dont forget Cairoli ... Smile
Sibex
2/25/2019 6:50am
Press516 wrote:
I'm going a different direction... I'd like to see Baggett do MXGP. 1 year to get used to the travel and learn the program and give...
I'm going a different direction... I'd like to see Baggett do MXGP. 1 year to get used to the travel and learn the program and give it a big time run for a couple years after that. He'd be a contender for sure.
I sooooooooo nearly picked Brake Bracket!! Really excellent technique and finesse coupled with fukkin huge balls. haha!
scrallex
2/25/2019 6:54am
Press516 wrote:
I'm going a different direction... I'd like to see Baggett do MXGP. 1 year to get used to the travel and learn the program and give...
I like this direction! I think BB4 is a bit of a victim of the circumstance that he was born in raised in the US. Like Tomac and J-Mart, BB4 is a little more naturally talented in moto vs SX and I feel that a series with an emphasis exclusively in MX would be exactly what he needs to reach his pinnacle. Would be interesting for sure and I would put money on it that he would click off a few race wins within his first two years.
rp031x
2/25/2019 6:55am
kb228 wrote:
Thumbs me down but i want the top gp guys to step up and race supercross.
That's what I'm saying! I would like to see Herlings come to the US. Really interested to see how he would do in supercross and I am sure he would give Tomac fits for the MX title.
Crush
2/25/2019 6:56am
Crush wrote:
Tomac. Despite his MXdN struggles I really think he could win. People just talk about his strength or aggression, but there is methods in his mtb-influenced...
Tomac.

Be interesting to see how long AC pushes for!
rp031x
2/25/2019 6:59am Edited Date/Time 2/25/2019 7:00am
Crush wrote:
Tomac.

Crush wrote:
Plus, then there would literally be no excuses for the GP guys. If Tomac won on their home turf. Considering Tomac's consistency though, do you really think he could pull it off against guys like AC222? I wonder if the longer series would hurt or benefit Tomac too.
2/25/2019 7:05am
I'd like to see Roczen win the supercross and national title this year then do the GPS next year.
If he was to win that would be pretty cool .
Sibex
2/25/2019 7:11am
Crush wrote:
rp031x wrote:
Plus, then there would literally be no excuses for the GP guys. If Tomac won on their home turf. Considering Tomac's consistency though, do you really...
Plus, then there would literally be no excuses for the GP guys. If Tomac won on their home turf. Considering Tomac's consistency though, do you really think he could pull it off against guys like AC222? I wonder if the longer series would hurt or benefit Tomac too.
This has all been said before, but there is no doubt that Tomac can ride the wheels off. History shows that he can also be about as reliable as a 2 dollar watch though. Race wins by a mile? definately!! Championship against Cairoli? No chance at all.
SWOHIO GUY
2/25/2019 7:29am
Tomac won 15 of 24 motos last season. If you take out the mechanical at Red Bud, his worst finishes were a 9th in moto 2 where he got a terrible start due to moto 1 finish and rode over his head, and a 9th in moto 2 at ironman where he was just riding around to guarantee the championship. Other than those 3 motos his worst finish was 3rd. I think it's safe to say he was pretty damn consistent. At times last season he was absolutely dominant, closing a 15 second gap at Washougal in 4 laps being one of the best rides I have ever seen. To say there is anyone from the US that would do better over there is absolute blasphemy.
Buzzard167
2/25/2019 7:41am
They should just tack a few of the AMA nationals on to the MXGP tour.
2/25/2019 8:02am
I would really like to see Blake Baggett in the GPs.
loftyair
2/25/2019 8:52am
All of them! Haha Make all the 'world' guys come here!?
Motofinne
2/25/2019 11:40am
Alessi in his prime, Tomac, Baggett and Barcia.
Frank
2/25/2019 11:41am
Musquin, Roczen and Fernandis
2/25/2019 11:50am
I want all of the top US guys to go to the GP's, to me that is the dream scenario. I know it would never happen with Supercross being so popular (relatively speaking..) but I can dream.
Flip109
2/25/2019 11:51am
Any of the top guys. I remember when RV went over. I hardly paid attention to mxgp until then. And that year I craved watching those races up unitil he broke his ass. Man it was exciting while it lasted. A game Kroc Baggett or Tomac would be epic.
JustMX
2/25/2019 12:01pm
I am going a different direction.

I think Justin Bogle should go to the mxgp.

His strengths are MOTOcross.

I am tired of watching somebody that has proven he has the speed to win outdoors limping around and never delivering on his potential outdoors because he is healing and/or nursing an injury from stupidcross.

Some guys just aren't cut out for the circus.

Please justin, stay healthy for mx this year and start making some contacts in the mxgp scene and go on an adventure next year to show what you can really do.
Yeti365
2/25/2019 12:41pm
I wanna see Tomac, Barcia, Savatgy or Bagget give MXGP a try. I think they surprise a few people.
Tumic
2/25/2019 1:08pm
Would like to see Osbourne go back. He has the experience and is a way better rider now days
2/25/2019 1:11pm
EnvyMedia wrote:
I would really like to see Blake Baggett in the GPs.
He’d need to improve on his sand riding if he did.

Post a reply to: Which US based rider would you like to see in MXGP?

The Latest