Which national

Villo2fan
4/5/2018 11:41am
Would you guys recommend? It’s either gonna be hangtown or Glen Helen. I’ve never been to either. Which is better for viewing, which track is closest to its airport etc. Any help would be appreciated.
|
jnickell
Fantasy
1874th
4/5/2018 1:15pm
Villo2fan wrote:
Would you guys recommend? It’s either gonna be hangtown or Glen Helen. I’ve never been to either. Which is better for viewing, which track is closest...
Would you guys recommend? It’s either gonna be hangtown or Glen Helen. I’ve never been to either. Which is better for viewing, which track is closest to its airport etc. Any help would be appreciated.
I've been to a few nat's. Here's what I know about them.

** Glen Helen: is pretty close to Ontario airport. Viewing isn't that great but it's still a great one to attend.

** Hangtown: The airport (45 minutes to an hour). Viewing is pretty awesome if you trek over to the
hillside.

** Budds Creek: The airport is about an hour and 15 minutes. Decent viewing from the hillsides that surround the track.

** Washougal: Not too far from the Portland airport. It's probably the most beautiful area of almost all the nat's. Viewing
is also a bit tough since the riders go out of site for quite a while pretty much anywhere you decide to stand.

Regarding the four above, If viewing is your highest priority, Hangtown is pretty awesome with Budds coming in second.
dboivin
4/5/2018 1:18pm
if i was only going to 1 national a year. it would be Red Bud.

that being said, i would goto glen helen over hangtown.

nothing beats RedBud on the 4th of july weekend. best weekend of the year.

The Shop

Villo2fan
4/5/2018 1:36pm
dboivin wrote:
if i was only going to 1 national a year. it would be Red Bud. that being said, i would goto glen helen over hangtown. nothing...
if i was only going to 1 national a year. it would be Red Bud.

that being said, i would goto glen helen over hangtown.

nothing beats RedBud on the 4th of july weekend. best weekend of the year.
I went to red bud last year for the first time. Man what a great facility. Could see almost the entire track from some spots.

I’m from Washington so I’ve been to shougal a whole bunch.

Was stationed in Colorado for a few years. Lakewood is another great viewing track. Almost no shade though and that high altitude heat will roast you.

I’ve only been to one Cali national and that was pala. I’m leaning towards Hangtown. Being the opener is playing a key role. I live in Vegas so hell maybe I’ll just go to both lol.
Meister
4/5/2018 1:52pm
Steel City.

Oh wait.....
4/5/2018 2:02pm
I have been to both many times. Hangtown is an easy 40 minute drive from the airport, Glen Helen is 15 minutes from Ontario, a long haul from LAX. If you main priority is seeing as much of the track as possible, its Hangtown hands down. If you sit on the west side of the track on the hill right above the half pipe you can honestly see over 90% of the track unobstructed and when the afternoon motos roll around the sun is directly above or behind you, which is awesome. No fighting the glare. Just don't take my spot! The hills at Hangtown are steeper than they appear on TV, but nothing compared to Glen Helen. Glen Helen is not as great for viewing, but the hills are awesome, great dirt. Its a good track to move around and view from different spots. Washougal is beautiful, but it stinks for viewing. You can maybe see 40 to 50% of the track from any one spot...
moto314
4/5/2018 5:44pm
I personally think the viewing at Glen Helen is pretty good, much better than a lot of other tracks.
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
4/5/2018 5:47pm
I appreciate that you feel that any help is appreciated. Especially for your poll question.
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
4/5/2018 6:09pm
Obviously Thunder Valley
plowboy
4/5/2018 6:32pm
I'm considering Red Bud for the MXdN. I really like the Iron Man track. Great viewing but also has giant shade trees. Track owners and local fans are hip and cool as hell.
Villo2fan
4/5/2018 8:27pm Edited Date/Time 4/5/2018 8:28pm
Decision has been made. My son and I are going to fly in and go to hangtown. Then the whole family will drive to Glen Helen the following week since it’s only a little over 3 hours from Vegas
markit
4/6/2018 10:32pm
Reeeeeeeeeeeed Buiuuuuud!!!!!
4/6/2018 10:40pm
I’ve been to high point, budds, dilla, and the wick. Budds is sick if you get the hill to view and dilla is just the best.

Post a reply to: Which national

The Latest