Who’s Taking Seely’s place?

Mace-x
8/21/2019 1:22am
Actually JMart wouldn't be a bad idea for a year, but i guess he'd have to come back to 250's next year then..
Cali
8/21/2019 1:32am Edited Date/Time 8/21/2019 1:33am
I know Cole wanted to retire, but at least he would of still had a ride at Honda if he wanted it. Sorry but Brayton is like 37, I think they should of went after Savatagy. Even Tickle would of been been a good choice.
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2591st
8/21/2019 2:28am
Cali wrote:
I know Cole wanted to retire, but at least he would of still had a ride at Honda if he wanted it. Sorry but Brayton is...
I know Cole wanted to retire, but at least he would of still had a ride at Honda if he wanted it. Sorry but Brayton is like 37, I think they should of went after Savatagy. Even Tickle would of been been a good choice.
i don't think he was offered a contract renewal.

The Shop

Cortami79
8/21/2019 2:45am
Cali wrote:
I know Cole wanted to retire, but at least he would of still had a ride at Honda if he wanted it. Sorry but Brayton is...
Brayton is solid man. Smooth as butter
Payup_199
8/21/2019 6:49am
Cali wrote:
i don't think he was offered a contract renewal.
in Cole's interviews he said he could have went back this year.
mx_563
8/21/2019 12:53pm
mx_563 wrote:
I'd like to see Honda quit messing around, pull out the checkbook and get [u]a couple of[/u] contenders instead of relying solely on Roczen while trying...
I'd like to see Honda quit messing around, pull out the checkbook and get a couple of contenders instead of relying solely on Roczen while trying to develop someone barely on the cusp. I think of the days when RJ and Bailey were teammates, or Stanton and Bayle, Larocco and Kiedrowski on Kawi, even Marv and Dunge on KTM. Either rider was capable of winning on a given day.

I'm not convinced that the strategy of developing one rider, while putting all your eggs in the premier guy's basket, is a reliable one. Granted, it worked with RC and seems to be working with Tomac. But generally speaking, I feel like by the time you step up to a factory spot in the premier class, you need to be a contender. You need to make your teammate nervous. Tomac is not nervous about Savatgy, Roczen wasn't nervous about Seely, Barcia isn't nervous about Plessinger.

Meanwhile, Marv's gotta worry about Webb, JA's gotta worry about Zacho...etc.

I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud. I don't actually know anything. #speculation

RichieW13 wrote:
Who could they have opened the checkbook for that could win a championship? Cianciarulo? Would Cianciarulo have ever talked to Honda, or would he have only...
Who could they have opened the checkbook for that could win a championship? Cianciarulo? Would Cianciarulo have ever talked to Honda, or would he have only talked to Kawasaki? (I'm not sure how these kind of negotiations work.)
I agree, it's too late to utilize that strategy now, and there's no question that my comments are an oversimplification.

But I think there is *something* to it. The 250F teams field large stables of riders, often with a pair of alpha dogs. Remember when J-Mart and Copper Webb were duking it out at Star? Hanny and Weimer in regional SX as title contenders? Sometimes it's just about improving your odds, sometimes the rivalry helps motivate your guys, and sometimes the rapport breeds better training and prep (Bailey & O'Mara). I could be wrong but I doubt Eli is benefiting from Joey's presence on the team, and I'm not sure to what extent Joey benefits from Eli. Same with Roczen and Seely these last years. I feel like the overall strategy needs to change for these dry spell teams. You can't just keep rolling the dice and hoping someone breaks out and makes your brand shine. This is all just conjecture and opinion anyway so whatever....
TeamGreen
8/21/2019 2:06pm
JB10 going back to the Factory Honda?

Interesting
tzmike
8/22/2019 10:00am
Honda ride is SX ONLY. 1year contract. Per friend at HRC racing dept. No outdoors.
foreman52
Fantasy
3183rd
8/22/2019 10:44am
What about Benny Blose? Is his contract up? Young kid with lots of potential especially if he can start training around Roczen.

I honestly have no idea who they are going to pick up.
- JHill, nah
- Brayton, can’t see him moving from Smart Top due to his success in other circuits during the off season
- Savatgy, JGR is what everyone is saying. 1 year deal at HRC VS 2 at JGR hard to pass up
- Bogle, maybe? Previous Honda history.
- Davalos, maybe?

Post a reply to: Who’s Taking Seely’s place?

The Latest