btn
btn
1 of 2
Related:
Create New Tag
BobbyM BobbyM
1/14/2018 9:41 AM

Tomacs shoulders got pretty fucked the year he highsided in Colorado. They've been fucked up ever since. For him to even be riding may be astonishing.

vetmxr vetmxr
1/14/2018 9:50 AM

very possible shoulder injuries take a lot of time to heal 100 %.

Nighttrain Nighttrain
1/14/2018 9:52 AM

Agree. Shoulders are complex joints that never are the same post injury. Tomac has two bad ones.

slipdog slipdog
1/14/2018 9:58 AM

Aye...

jeffro503 jeffro503
1/14/2018 9:59 AM
vetmxr wrote:

very possible shoulder ...more

And a lot of times they never do.

I'm still disappointed in all the dudes in here last week basically saying he was faking it. You still think he's faking it?

Edit : Not you Vetmxr , it was directed at the guys that went after him last week.

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

MX Guy MX Guy
1/14/2018 10:09 AM

If I'm correct he went through double shoulder reconstruction, a situation which is not a walk in any park that I know of.

kzizok kzizok
1/14/2018 10:19 AM

I’m with you.

Most people have no clue, as evidenced by the usual “chest protector for shoulder injury protection” posts. It’s one of the dumbest concepts in the entire sport.

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

toroP toroP
1/14/2018 10:26 AM

Pales in comparison to Ken “Skywalker” Roczen, with that rebuilt arm.

BobbyM BobbyM
1/14/2018 10:45 AM
toroP wrote:

Pales in comparison to Ken ...more

Arms heal as proven by KR. Shoulders on the other hand, no pun intended are a whole new ballgame.

Claerhout Claerhout
1/14/2018 10:48 AM
toroP wrote:

BobbyM wrote:

Arms heal as proven by KR. ...more

Shoulders heal, as proven by Tomac.

motogrady motogrady
1/14/2018 10:53 AM
toroP wrote:

Yeah its amazing. The Roczen thing.
But so was the Doug Henry thing.
Even Ronnie Mac, look what he came back from
after his Daytona wreck.

Then look at Rick Johnson.
Effin broken wrist ended it for him.

Kind of agree with a somewhat fragile set of shoulders.
Who knows, #3 might still remember the hurt,
the pain in the ass injury can be, and unlike some others is saying to himself fuck it.....there is life after moto.

Claerhout Claerhout
1/14/2018 10:59 AM

Also
Dungey
Canard
Pourcel
Grant

I thought it had been established that in today's world of medicine, RJ wouldn't of been done.

motogrady motogrady
1/14/2018 11:07 AM
Claerhout wrote:

Also
Dungey
Canard
Pourcel ...more

Ahhh......maybe so.
Saw the other day some guy in China is gonna transplant a human head.
So yeah, maybe so.

But even in today's world, it doesn't always turn out like it's supposed to.

nytsmaC nytsmaC
1/14/2018 11:13 AM
vetmxr wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:

And a lot of times they ...more

Yup. Guys saying he pulled off because he’s a headcase, has no heart, blah blah blah. Douchebags. Hurt his shoulder bad enough that a week later he still can’t safely navigate the track, but he’s a pussy, should have stayed out there, his ego is out of control, JFC.

After the crash that wrecked both of his shoulders he has never shown the speed that he did prior to that. He still has the speed to win but he’s never been the same.

Claerhout Claerhout
1/14/2018 11:17 AM

Lol!

Claerhout Claerhout
1/14/2018 11:23 AM

He couldn't buckle his pants because he was mentally rattled? Or his shoulder was too sore to do so? He picked his bike up fine. He stopped to fix his pants(not nurse his shoulder)....would dungey of done that? Does Anderson stop to tuck his jersey in? He's the supercross millennial poster child.

nytsmaC nytsmaC
1/14/2018 11:25 AM

So I guess he was so mentally rattled that a week later, he doesn’t want to line up for the race?

mxb2 mxb2
1/14/2018 11:26 AM
vetmxr wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:

And a lot of times they ...more

nytsmaC wrote:

Yup. Guys saying he pulled ...more

Exactly, and those internet doctor idiots vanished.

Claerhout Claerhout
1/14/2018 11:28 AM
nytsmaC wrote:

So I guess he was so ...more

Actually, concussion seemed more likely to me all things considered. Maybe they couldn't admit that and still try in Houston? Something is off here...no signs he was in shoulder pain in A1.

toroP toroP
1/14/2018 11:30 AM
toroP wrote:

BobbyM wrote:

But is that really Ken’s arm?ermm

Well, he paid for it so I guess it is.

kiwifan kiwifan
1/14/2018 11:39 AM

Then again, he got through all of last year with no shoulder issues, so to suddenly have them now doesnt marry up that its a result from his previous shoulder injuries....?

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

kkawboy14 kkawboy14
1/14/2018 12:44 PM
BobbyM wrote:

Tomacs shoulders got ...more

Yep! All Tomac needs now is for everyone to miss 2 or 3 weeks this year.

jorgechavez jorgechavez
1/14/2018 1:22 PM
kiwifan wrote:

Then again, he got through ...more

Yea but he also never augered himself into the face of a jump shoulder first. I think the point the OP is trying to make is that due to his injuries a few years ago his shoulder will likely be effected quite a bit more, even in a not so hard crash, than a regular shoulder would.

Whether this is true or not I have no idea, I'm
no doctor nor am I the OP.

Forty Forty
1/14/2018 1:24 PM
BobbyM wrote:

Landing on the point of his shoulder like he did may have re-injured the rotator.

I had my left rotator cuff completely rebuilt in 2014 and the surgeon asked me to quit MX because if it happened again he said there was not enough material left to fix it again.

Massive tears like Eli experienced are nothing to F around with, I hope he doesn't need another surgery or worse have to call it a career.

cason402 cason402
1/14/2018 1:26 PM
toroP wrote:

just because the pretty boy posted every dire warning his doctor gave him on social media.
just because his doctor was way beyond what the average guy could ever afford, and did very meticulous work.
just because the media needs a story, and loves a pretty boys story....

does not mean that a broken arm was anything bigger than a broken arm.
wise up youngsters.

there have been some very severe injuries in this sport, which very awesome riders have returned from.
this pretty boy's glamorous tale, is the flavor of the month, brought to you by those who can make money off of it.

Tomac and his recovery was quite complete, ask the fellow racers.

the media could be talking about how that all the current young men in the 450's have never been consistent, or dominating, as the previous 5 champions were.
that's the story which will make one hell of a season.

woody woodpecker woody woodpecker
1/14/2018 1:31 PM
toroP wrote:

BobbyM wrote:

Roczen doesn't have full mobilty and may never get it back. As far as I'm aware Tomac regained his strength and mobilty back, that doesn't mean he can go lawn darting into a jump without hurting it again though.

kiwifan kiwifan
1/14/2018 1:33 PM
kiwifan wrote:

jorgechavez wrote:

Yea but he also never ...more

yeah, fair call

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

Motoxdoc Motoxdoc
1/14/2018 1:42 PM
BobbyM wrote:

Seems to me that to be astonished by THAT (just being able to ride again) is to not know what motocrosser's are made of.....and I KNOW that's not the case with you. How quickly some forget about ALL the other racers who have overcome worse to achieve more. Off the top of my head Henry, Pourcel, Bailey and Pastrana come to mind. Regardless, I DO believe Tomac's recovery was impressive.

BobbyM BobbyM
1/14/2018 1:59 PM
kiwifan wrote:

Easily re-injured though... as you saw.

harescrambled harescrambled
1/14/2018 4:22 PM
cason402 wrote:

just because the pretty ...more

Lol...it was far more than just a "broken arm" as you claim. Most broken arms don't require cadaver bone and so on. The most comparable injury to Ken Roczen's would be Scott Russell from AMA Superbike....stalled his Ducati on the line at the Daytona 200, got hit from behind, and run over several times. Broke his femur, had the same compartment syndrome and amputation concerns as Roczen. When Russell did recover, he tried to get back on the bike, but due to his limitations, he was almost 4 seconds a lap slower than prior to the accident...he couldn't shift properly due to nerve damage... So ya, broken bones are "just" broken bones right?

Many thanks to everyone helping me out this GNCC season: SRT Offroad, Acerbis, FCR Suspension, O'Neal Racing, Evans Waterless Coolants, Rekluse, Twin Air, Braking Brakes, Carbsport

Profile image credit Ken Hill Photography

btn
btn
1 of 2

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry