Who's with me on this?

BobbyM
1/14/2018 9:41am Edited Date/Time 1/15/2018 6:55am
Tomacs shoulders got pretty fucked the year he highsided in Colorado. They've been fucked up ever since. For him to even be riding may be astonishing.
|
vetmxr
1/14/2018 9:50am
very possible shoulder injuries take a lot of time to heal 100 %.
Nighttrain
1/14/2018 9:52am
Agree. Shoulders are complex joints that never are the same post injury. Tomac has two bad ones.
slipdog
1/14/2018 9:58am
Aye...
jeffro503
1/14/2018 9:59am Edited Date/Time 1/14/2018 10:00am
vetmxr wrote:
And a lot of times they never do.

I'm still disappointed in all the dudes in here last week basically saying he was faking it. You still think he's faking it?

Edit : Not you Vetmxr , it was directed at the guys that went after him last week.

The Shop

MX Guy
Fantasy
773rd
1/14/2018 10:09am
If I'm correct he went through double shoulder reconstruction, a situation which is not a walk in any park that I know of.
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
1/14/2018 10:19am Edited Date/Time 1/14/2018 10:21am
I’m with you.

Most people have no clue, as evidenced by the usual “chest protector for shoulder injury protection” posts. It’s one of the dumbest concepts in the entire sport.
toroP
1/14/2018 10:26am
Pales in comparison to Ken “Skywalker” Roczen, with that rebuilt arm.
BobbyM
1/14/2018 10:45am
toroP wrote:
Arms heal as proven by KR. Shoulders on the other hand, no pun intended are a whole new ballgame.
Claerhout
Fantasy
296th
1/14/2018 10:48am
toroP wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
Arms heal as proven by KR. Shoulders on the other hand, no pun intended are a whole new ballgame.
Shoulders heal, as proven by Tomac.
motogrady
1/14/2018 10:53am
toroP wrote:
Yeah its amazing. The Roczen thing.
But so was the Doug Henry thing.
Even Ronnie Mac, look what he came back from
after his Daytona wreck.

Then look at Rick Johnson.
Effin broken wrist ended it for him.

Kind of agree with a somewhat fragile set of shoulders.
Who knows, #3 might still remember the hurt,
the pain in the ass injury can be, and unlike some others is saying to himself fuck it.....there is life after moto.
Claerhout
Fantasy
296th
1/14/2018 10:59am Edited Date/Time 1/14/2018 11:01am
Also
Dungey
Canard
Pourcel
Grant

I thought it had been established that in today's world of medicine, RJ wouldn't of been done.
motogrady
1/14/2018 11:07am
Claerhout wrote:
Also
Dungey
Canard
Pourcel
Grant

I thought it had been established that in today's world of medicine, RJ wouldn't of been done.
Ahhh......maybe so.
Saw the other day some guy in China is gonna transplant a human head.
So yeah, maybe so.

But even in today's world, it doesn't always turn out like it's supposed to.
nytsmaC
1/14/2018 11:13am
vetmxr wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
And a lot of times they never do. I'm still disappointed in all the dudes in here last week basically saying he was faking it. You...

I'm still disappointed in all the dudes in here last week basically saying he was faking it. You still think he's faking it?

Edit : Not you Vetmxr , it was directed at the guys that went after him last week.
Yup. Guys saying he pulled off because he’s a headcase, has no heart, blah blah blah. Douchebags. Hurt his shoulder bad enough that a week later he still can’t safely navigate the track, but he’s a pussy, should have stayed out there, his ego is out of control, JFC.

After the crash that wrecked both of his shoulders he has never shown the speed that he did prior to that. He still has the speed to win but he’s never been the same.
Claerhout
Fantasy
296th
1/14/2018 11:23am Edited Date/Time 1/14/2018 11:24am
He couldn't buckle his pants because he was mentally rattled? Or his shoulder was too sore to do so? He picked his bike up fine. He stopped to fix his pants(not nurse his shoulder)....would dungey of done that? Does Anderson stop to tuck his jersey in? He's the supercross millennial poster child.
nytsmaC
1/14/2018 11:25am
So I guess he was so mentally rattled that a week later, he doesn’t want to line up for the race?
mxb2
1/14/2018 11:26am
vetmxr wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
And a lot of times they never do. I'm still disappointed in all the dudes in here last week basically saying he was faking it. You...

nytsmaC wrote:
Yup. Guys saying he pulled off because he’s a headcase, has no heart, blah blah blah. Douchebags. Hurt his shoulder bad enough that a week later...
Yup. Guys saying he pulled off because he’s a headcase, has no heart, blah blah blah. Douchebags. Hurt his shoulder bad enough that a week later he still can’t safely navigate the track, but he’s a pussy, should have stayed out there, his ego is out of control, JFC.

After the crash that wrecked both of his shoulders he has never shown the speed that he did prior to that. He still has the speed to win but he’s never been the same.
Exactly, and those internet doctor idiots vanished.
Claerhout
Fantasy
296th
1/14/2018 11:28am
nytsmaC wrote:
So I guess he was so mentally rattled that a week later, he doesn’t want to line up for the race?
Actually, concussion seemed more likely to me all things considered. Maybe they couldn't admit that and still try in Houston? Something is off here...no signs he was in shoulder pain in A1.
toroP
1/14/2018 11:30am
toroP wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
But is that really Ken’s arm?Dry

Well, he paid for it so I guess it is.
kiwifan
1/14/2018 11:39am
Then again, he got through all of last year with no shoulder issues, so to suddenly have them now doesnt marry up that its a result from his previous shoulder injuries....?
kkawboy14
1/14/2018 12:44pm
BobbyM wrote:
Tomacs shoulders got pretty fucked the year he highsided in Colorado. They've been fucked up ever since. For him to even be riding may be astonishing.
Yep! All Tomac needs now is for everyone to miss 2 or 3 weeks this year.
1/14/2018 1:22pm
kiwifan wrote:
Then again, he got through all of last year with no shoulder issues, so to suddenly have them now doesnt marry up that its a result...
Then again, he got through all of last year with no shoulder issues, so to suddenly have them now doesnt marry up that its a result from his previous shoulder injuries....?
Yea but he also never augered himself into the face of a jump shoulder first. I think the point the OP is trying to make is that due to his injuries a few years ago his shoulder will likely be effected quite a bit more, even in a not so hard crash, than a regular shoulder would.

Whether this is true or not I have no idea, I'm
no doctor nor am I the OP.
Forty
1/14/2018 1:24pm
BobbyM wrote:
Landing on the point of his shoulder like he did may have re-injured the rotator.

I had my left rotator cuff completely rebuilt in 2014 and the surgeon asked me to quit MX because if it happened again he said there was not enough material left to fix it again.

Massive tears like Eli experienced are nothing to F around with, I hope he doesn't need another surgery or worse have to call it a career.
cason402
1/14/2018 1:26pm
toroP wrote:
just because the pretty boy posted every dire warning his doctor gave him on social media.
just because his doctor was way beyond what the average guy could ever afford, and did very meticulous work.
just because the media needs a story, and loves a pretty boys story....

does not mean that a broken arm was anything bigger than a broken arm.
wise up youngsters.

there have been some very severe injuries in this sport, which very awesome riders have returned from.
this pretty boy's glamorous tale, is the flavor of the month, brought to you by those who can make money off of it.

Tomac and his recovery was quite complete, ask the fellow racers.

the media could be talking about how that all the current young men in the 450's have never been consistent, or dominating, as the previous 5 champions were.
that's the story which will make one hell of a season.
1/14/2018 1:31pm
toroP wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
Roczen doesn't have full mobilty and may never get it back. As far as I'm aware Tomac regained his strength and mobilty back, that doesn't mean he can go lawn darting into a jump without hurting it again though.
kiwifan
1/14/2018 1:33pm
kiwifan wrote:
Then again, he got through all of last year with no shoulder issues, so to suddenly have them now doesnt marry up that its a result...
Yea but he also never augered himself into the face of a jump shoulder first. I think the point the OP is trying to make is...
Yea but he also never augered himself into the face of a jump shoulder first. I think the point the OP is trying to make is that due to his injuries a few years ago his shoulder will likely be effected quite a bit more, even in a not so hard crash, than a regular shoulder would.

Whether this is true or not I have no idea, I'm
no doctor nor am I the OP.
yeah, fair call
Motoxdoc
1/14/2018 1:42pm Edited Date/Time 1/14/2018 1:44pm
BobbyM wrote:
Seems to me that to be astonished by THAT (just being able to ride again) is to not know what motocrosser's are made of.....and I KNOW that's not the case with you. How quickly some forget about ALL the other racers who have overcome worse to achieve more. Off the top of my head Henry, Pourcel, Bailey and Pastrana come to mind. Regardless, I DO believe Tomac's recovery was impressive.

BobbyM
1/14/2018 1:59pm
kiwifan wrote:
Easily re-injured though... as you saw.
harescrambled
Fantasy
1864th
1/14/2018 4:22pm
cason402 wrote:
just because the pretty boy posted every dire warning his doctor gave him on social media. just because his doctor was way beyond what the average...
just because the pretty boy posted every dire warning his doctor gave him on social media.
just because his doctor was way beyond what the average guy could ever afford, and did very meticulous work.
just because the media needs a story, and loves a pretty boys story....

does not mean that a broken arm was anything bigger than a broken arm.
wise up youngsters.

there have been some very severe injuries in this sport, which very awesome riders have returned from.
this pretty boy's glamorous tale, is the flavor of the month, brought to you by those who can make money off of it.

Tomac and his recovery was quite complete, ask the fellow racers.

the media could be talking about how that all the current young men in the 450's have never been consistent, or dominating, as the previous 5 champions were.
that's the story which will make one hell of a season.
Lol...it was far more than just a "broken arm" as you claim. Most broken arms don't require cadaver bone and so on. The most comparable injury to Ken Roczen's would be Scott Russell from AMA Superbike....stalled his Ducati on the line at the Daytona 200, got hit from behind, and run over several times. Broke his femur, had the same compartment syndrome and amputation concerns as Roczen. When Russell did recover, he tried to get back on the bike, but due to his limitations, he was almost 4 seconds a lap slower than prior to the accident...he couldn't shift properly due to nerve damage... So ya, broken bones are "just" broken bones right?
oldblood
1/14/2018 8:34pm
mxb2 wrote:
Exactly, and those internet doctor idiots vanished.
probably the same place as all the doctors that said Ken wouldn't race 18sx because he had a baby arm.
But not to fear, because the honorable Dr.Jeffro has given a full assessment of Eli's shoulder on another thread.

Post a reply to: Who's with me on this?

The Latest