Why no EBV in MXGP...why no PED positives?

Johnny Depp
8/21/2019 11:46am Edited Date/Time 8/21/2019 11:48am
hamncheeze wrote:
You mean the same country whose riders in that Tour have had almost nothing to be happy about since 1985? Or at least since 1997? Call...
You mean the same country whose riders in that Tour have had almost nothing to be happy about since 1985? Or at least since 1997? Call the French many things, but cycling in France by French racers cleaned up way, way earlier than any other country.

The French are not afraid to arrest someone and jail them on suspicion alone. They did this post-Festina, with riders, managers and doctors being locked up. That shit resonated within French sport, look up Napoleonic Code and "presumption of guilt" to understand.
Cleaned up before everyone else? Got any more jokes over there?
hamncheeze wrote:
Research the history of French cycling if you think I'm lying. It's well known that after 1997's raids the French peloton started to clean itself up...
Research the history of French cycling if you think I'm lying. It's well known that after 1997's raids the French peloton started to clean itself up, such that young riders coming up through U23 were doing it clean. By the mid-00s the French riders were getting their asses handed to them left and right, because countries like Spain, Italy and all the Americans living in Spain, plus the Eastern bloc riders were still full gas. It took another reckoning or two with Operacion Puerto and the bio-passport to shift toward a cleaner professional cycling. Is it 100% clean, please....I am no fool.

Anyway, my point is that there is zero evidence to cast any doping suspicion toward the run of French MXoN wins. If we do that then the USA has to be the biggest PED users with their streaks from 1981-93 and 2005-2011.
There is no proof to be had anywhere, unless confessions come around. The system is way behind the players, so asking anyone for proof is pointless. The shadow of suspicion looms large unfortunately in all sports. Throwing shade? What else is there? Trust the FIM?

As for a team doing so well consistently, they sure do have a system I guess. Roger could learn a lot, just get together as a team a week before the races, cut off all contact to family or technology, and train and eat well. No need to be suspicious at all. These guys just peak at the right time every year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motocross_des_Nations

https://www.mxgp.com/news/almighty-french

Hudd_421
8/21/2019 11:51am
Hudd_421 wrote:
If you think our sport (US and EU) is 100% clean, you're a fool.
Casting wrote:
At no point in my post did I remark on the prevalence of performance enhancing drugs in the sport. You're reading into things too much. My...
At no point in my post did I remark on the prevalence of performance enhancing drugs in the sport. You're reading into things too much.

My post was about Chris's understanding of the First Amendment and how this is a reflection of how much research goes into the things he says: not much.

I see! Well I think it's intellectually dishonest to discredit his point based on his perceived lack of knowledge on a completely unrelated topic. I don't always agree with Cooksy though...
brimx153
8/21/2019 12:02pm
THE WEATHER. surely training in that heat and humidity has alot to do with it .it has to be harder on the body . Most riders here train in Belgium. Even mid summer it can be pissing rain for
weeks. I really think this is a big difference. The humidity especially
8/21/2019 12:29pm
Sorry I don’t cover the GP’s, nor do I care if they are using PED’s. I think the entire testing system is a joke and should...
Sorry I don’t cover the GP’s, nor do I care if they are using PED’s. I think the entire testing system is a joke and should go away. I was more commenting about how the FIM treats the USA and our riders.
Cooksey is showing his true colours. He's clearly very 'AMA Vs. GP.'

Lame man, lame..

The Shop

Post a reply to: Why no EBV in MXGP...why no PED positives?

The Latest