Why no status on Moreau?

2/16/2020 9:00pm
That’s not good and the pictures of the Astars medical staff dragging him off the track with a neck/back injury were plain scary. they should know better than that.

Boomslang
Fantasy
657th
2/16/2020 9:04pm
109 wrote:
That’s not good and the pictures of the Astars medical staff dragging him off the track with a neck/back injury were plain scary. they should know...
That’s not good and the pictures of the Astars medical staff dragging him off the track with a neck/back injury were plain scary. they should know better than that.

Now that is scary shit right there. Appreciate these guys effort and must be hard decisions to make when in those situations.
Momus
2/16/2020 9:12pm
Boomslang wrote:
Now that is scary shit right there. Appreciate these guys effort and must be hard decisions to make when in those situations.
That is disgraceful.

No hard decision required. These guys signal for the red flag come out and do what is required for immobilisation and proper transport.
jk367
2/16/2020 9:24pm
Boomslang wrote:
Momus wrote:
That is disgraceful.

No hard decision required. These guys signal for the red flag come out and do what is required for immobilisation and proper transport.
Agree 100% wth man. Man I hope things turn around. Makes me wanna cry for the kid and family. Hopefully nothing failed with the bike because I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy wrenching on a bike

The Shop

moto726
2/16/2020 10:12pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2020 10:13pm
I would think the medical team has been around long enough to know better. They made contact with him first, like any other rider, and probably made the decision that that was the best way to move him based on info they had. I went on a call for an elderly lady that fell and broke her wrist and ended up breaking her pelvis in 4 spots and we had no idea. Things get missed, no ones perfect. Just keep the kid in your thoughts and hope for a good outcome.
2/16/2020 10:16pm
GuyB wrote:
Feld's proximity has nothing to do with it. The usual things about a spinal injury, and not knowing the outcome until swelling goes down have everything...
Feld's proximity has nothing to do with it. The usual things about a spinal injury, and not knowing the outcome until swelling goes down have everything to do with it.

Spinal injuries do not work on any internet time schedule.
And us non-insiders were supposed to know it was spinal how? Why the quip about internet time? People were concerned, why try to twist that into something malicious?
ML512
Fantasy
36th
2/16/2020 10:18pm
Was waiting for the photos to finally pop up. Heard from a few photogs on the spot he was yelling that he couldn’t feel his legs as he was being picked up. Super disappointed to see how they transported him and that no red flag was thrown. I know that almost no-one on the floor even realIzed he was really hurt that badly because they never stopped that session. A few of the riders I chatted with last night and this morning were extremely disappointed and even angry with the way this was handled.
Leedle
2/16/2020 10:32pm Edited Date/Time 2/17/2020 1:04am
MXMattii
2/16/2020 10:45pm

Two other pictures from on the scene taken by LeBigUsa. I think the AMA, FELD and the Astar medical crew should all start their own investigations how the hell this can happen. It won't help Brian anymore but hopefully it will prevent this from happening again.
trevor310mx
Fantasy
3250th
2/16/2020 10:52pm
Those pictures make me sick. So gutted for the kid.
jemcee
2/16/2020 10:55pm
I've had conversations with emegency medics on here that told me that there's been some advances on how to treat these sort of situations and they've found out that it is hard to make any spinal injury worse or any back injury into a spinal by moving the patient

Now I'll add that's the opposite of what I was told by every doctor I spoke to in '03 but that's not to say they were right
mxjeff575
2/16/2020 11:03pm
It was in the free practice session. How in the heck do they not red flag the free practice session? I realize it's easy to Monday morning quarterback events, but this (dragging him off the track when it is obvious his legs don't work) seems really odd.
Sending best wishes to Brian,
Motofinne
2/16/2020 11:11pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2020 11:12pm
That is fucking shocking. Absolutely unacceptable and like someone mentioned, there has to be an investigation regarding how and why that happened.
2/16/2020 11:14pm
109 wrote:
That’s not good and the pictures of the Astars medical staff dragging him off the track with a neck/back injury were plain scary. they should know...

Let’s all pray that Bran makes a full recovery. If he doesn’t, this is going to turn into a huge shit show. I feel bad for everyone involved
2/16/2020 11:31pm
moto726 wrote:
I would think the medical team has been around long enough to know better. They made contact with him first, like any other rider, and probably...
I would think the medical team has been around long enough to know better. They made contact with him first, like any other rider, and probably made the decision that that was the best way to move him based on info they had. I went on a call for an elderly lady that fell and broke her wrist and ended up breaking her pelvis in 4 spots and we had no idea. Things get missed, no ones perfect. Just keep the kid in your thoughts and hope for a good outcome.
your fucking kidding right!? the best way to move someone is to just pick him up like he broke his leg? that should have been red flagged and taking as long as needed to get him off the right way. I am no medic but it a moron could figure out a neck/back injury requires a stretcher. Theres no way he wouldnt have said something about back/neck pain.
2/16/2020 11:31pm
jemcee wrote:
I'm C7..
Fuck
I'm sending positive vibes his way..
plowboy wrote:
Jemcee...are you in a chair?
jemcee wrote:
Yeah man.. First turn crash in 2003
Jemcee,

Does C7 usually mean “from the waist down” or is there no rhyme or reason to any of it depending on where the break is?
2/16/2020 11:32pm
Horrible news! I wish him all the best and a full recovery!!!
jemcee
2/16/2020 11:44pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2020 11:47pm
plowboy wrote:
Jemcee...are you in a chair?
jemcee wrote:
Yeah man.. First turn crash in 2003
Jemcee,

Does C7 usually mean “from the waist down” or is there no rhyme or reason to any of it depending on where the break is?
Nah the number is the number assigned to the vertebrae and
C is Cervical meaning neck C1 thru to 7
T is thoracic or back T1 to 12
L is lumbar L1 to 5

Feeling and movement can vary from patient to patient but I can't feel or move from the nipples down and have limited use of my hands so I'm known as a Quadriplegic or Tetraplegic.. I've got full use of my arms though so I look like a paraplegic

I have a mate that's actually a C5 but he's got way more feeling than I do.. It has a lot to do with the amount of damage you do but ya spinal chord is like the width of your little finger so

A handy way to think of it is your brain is a power station and it sends power out via the spinal chord and branches out along the way and where the damage is is where the signal stops
2/16/2020 11:46pm
Those pics are confronting seeing Brian being held that way.
Circus>monkeys. Dispensable are they!
alexfoster
2/17/2020 12:00am
Those pics are confronting seeing Brian being held that way.
Circus>monkeys. Dispensable are they!
They definitely weren't on it that night, in one of the 250 heat races a rider on a Kawasaki was pinned down by his bike and his leg would have been pretty close to the header... There were 4 or 5 medical crew and flaggers literally meters away, he was frantically waving at them for help and they just stood there
crowe176
2/17/2020 12:10am Edited Date/Time 2/17/2020 12:11am
That’s so scary. I don’t know how well his English is, and how much the medics rely on feedback from the down rider so, Christ, I don’t even know what to say.. I hope the kid is ok. Was really looking forward to seeing him race this season.
tek14
2/17/2020 12:52am
Im not doctor but too much hate to medical crew. Guy hit track head first and left to track injured while others still riding, if session is not stopped its good to get him away before someone lands on him.
Same thing happened with Ray end of sand he was laying at track and guys roosted him and nearly missed, that can make small injury deadly. That was red flaged but took too long.
Slay896
2/17/2020 3:24am
Any updates on Brian and the real reach of the injury? Hoping him the best🙏
Conway240
2/17/2020 4:44am
MXMattii wrote:
[img]https://www.lebigusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/86695772_2789702637744903_1061856691714260992_o.jpg[/img] [img]https://www.lebigusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/brian_LeBigUSA.jpg[/img] Two other pictures from on the scene taken by LeBigUsa. I think the AMA, FELD and the Astar medical crew should all start their...

Two other pictures from on the scene taken by LeBigUsa. I think the AMA, FELD and the Astar medical crew should all start their own investigations how the hell this can happen. It won't help Brian anymore but hopefully it will prevent this from happening again.
Huge lawsuit coming if he doesn't get feeling back in his legs. DISGRACEFUL!!!
peltier626
2/17/2020 4:58am
109 wrote:

Medical should be more proficient in initial diagnosis and ALWAYS air on the side of caution. RED FLAG no question. This sport is and will forever remain in it's infantile state. The athletes are dispensable in the minds of the organizers. Makes me want to pull back even further from the sport.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
2/17/2020 4:59am
MXMattii wrote:
[img]https://www.lebigusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/86695772_2789702637744903_1061856691714260992_o.jpg[/img] [img]https://www.lebigusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/brian_LeBigUSA.jpg[/img] Two other pictures from on the scene taken by LeBigUsa. I think the AMA, FELD and the Astar medical crew should all start their...

Wow I'm shocked AngryAngryAngry
moto726
2/17/2020 6:31am
moto726 wrote:
I would think the medical team has been around long enough to know better. They made contact with him first, like any other rider, and probably...
cablecable wrote:
your fucking kidding right!? the best way to move someone is to just pick him up like he broke his leg? that should have been red...
your fucking kidding right!? the best way to move someone is to just pick him up like he broke his leg? that should have been red flagged and taking as long as needed to get him off the right way. I am no medic but it a moron could figure out a neck/back injury requires a stretcher. Theres no way he wouldnt have said something about back/neck pain.
I didn’t say it was right. I don’t know what happened right then and there In that very moment and neither do you or anyone else but who was right by his side. People can say they heard someone say this or that but that’s all hear say, go read Garcia’s story and see how shit gets twisted as it makes it way through the grapevine. All I’m saying is we need to just hope for the best for this kid! Hopefully this whole situation brings some light on these types of injuries moving forward. Modern emergency pre hospital medicine ain’t what it used to be.
slipdog
2/17/2020 6:42am
I have no medical background. only know what I've "heard" my whole life. In these cases, I'd have to defer to the professionals. I think I've heard of the Mayo Clinic...

aeffertz
2/17/2020 7:33am
moto726 wrote:
I didn’t say it was right. I don’t know what happened right then and there In that very moment and neither do you or anyone else...
I didn’t say it was right. I don’t know what happened right then and there In that very moment and neither do you or anyone else but who was right by his side. People can say they heard someone say this or that but that’s all hear say, go read Garcia’s story and see how shit gets twisted as it makes it way through the grapevine. All I’m saying is we need to just hope for the best for this kid! Hopefully this whole situation brings some light on these types of injuries moving forward. Modern emergency pre hospital medicine ain’t what it used to be.
Dude, it’s 2020. I think we’re passed the “this can happen and we don’t know what to do until it happens” phase, especially when these types of injuries are unfortunately too common in this sport.

The situation does not look like it was handled well at all and they should know better. Simple as that.

Post a reply to: Why no status on Moreau?

The Latest