Why would you buy an R8?!

MXMattii
Barcia and Roczen where very proud on their R8. But to be honest, isn't that a car for cheapskates? Everyone knows that the R8 is the cheap brother of the Lamborghini Gallardo. A real beast! If you make NFL, MLB or Football money you don't buy R8's I think. Isn't a bit like buying a Huawei because it can all the same things as the IPhone and be proud of it?

On the other hand, same engin is in it.

|
yz133rider
9/28/2016 2:59pm
Given the choice in that league I'd be in a Ferrari.
9/28/2016 3:01pm Edited Date/Time 9/28/2016 3:02pm
I did think the same thing, not that I could afford either. The R8 just seems so....german, although the new shape rs one is a slight improvement.

Isn't Lambo owned by VW anyway? If your going for a lambo its got to have the proper v12 engine Smile

Edit: Just seen its owned by Audi anyway, hence the same engine I guess
Helder
9/28/2016 3:02pm
Did I see bubba had one on bubbas world?

The Shop

colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
9/28/2016 3:07pm
I'd rather have a Ford GT but to each their own.
PTshox
9/28/2016 3:09pm
Saw this last night walking through Los Gatos CA...Right near the Apple store. You don't see these parked on the street everyday.

9/28/2016 3:12pm
PTshox wrote:
Saw this last night walking through Los Gatos CA...Right near the Apple store. You don't see these parked on the street everyday. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/09/28/153756/s1200_AAAAAIMG_1787.jpg[/img]
Saw this last night walking through Los Gatos CA...Right near the Apple store. You don't see these parked on the street everyday.

Now thats a car!
9/28/2016 3:15pm Edited Date/Time 9/28/2016 3:20pm
Why would any American buy a supercar, period?

We don't have an Autobahn to open one up on, and our roads aren't maintained to a standard to make driving one any more fun than a lightweight 4-cyl turbo sports car. For the most part, all of the ones I've seen in the wild seem to spend all of their time in bumper-to-bumper on urban strips, revving up and down while sitting in one place.
blusmbl
9/28/2016 3:20pm
colintrax wrote:
I'd rather have a Ford GT but to each their own.
x2. I've driven several of the 05 GT's and will buy one after winning the lotto.
9/28/2016 3:21pm
....and catching fire

Same over here they are most popular in the middle of london, probably the most pointless place to own a supercar, or even a car for that matter.
mxb2
9/28/2016 3:22pm
Why would any American buy a supercar, period? We don't have an Autobahn to open one up on, and our roads aren't maintained to a standard...

We don't have an Autobahn to open one up on, and our roads aren't maintained to a standard to make driving one any more fun than a lightweight 4-cyl turbo sports car. For the most part, all of the ones I've seen in the wild seem to spend all of their time in bumper-to-bumper on urban strips, revving up and down while sitting in one place.
Why buy a r1, gsxr1000. ?
Spergen
9/28/2016 3:22pm
After owning a plethora of sports cars, AMG, RS4, M3, Evo 6 etc I really fancy some class. Was either thinking of a 911 C4S or R8. Can't decide, think I need both for a weekend to decide. If I wasn't investing for the future a Ferrari would definitely be on the drive especially with the service package. If I was earning 5 figures a huracan in snot green would be a no brainer for me. In the flesh they are simply beautiful from every angle. Now if I was KR or JB I would be blowing half a mill on a classic. Sound investment that you can have fun with.
dmoore611
9/28/2016 3:23pm
If you have the means to buy one, why not? Is it a smart investment? Absolutely not. The problem with money though is you can't take it with you when you die. If you splurge occasionally what's the harm? Not like all of us moto junkies can REALLY afford to ride like we do but we find a way to make it work, because it makes us feel good. Same thing with the car, just different scale.
slowgti
9/28/2016 3:24pm
I've owned about 11-12 VW and Audis over the years, I would buy an R8 over the lambo.
9/28/2016 3:25pm Edited Date/Time 9/28/2016 3:51pm
Why would any American buy a supercar, period? We don't have an Autobahn to open one up on, and our roads aren't maintained to a standard...

mxb2 wrote:
Those are infinitely more useful/enjoyable vehicles than any supercar. Especially on backroads. But once again, I've never seen a supercar on a backroad. For the most part, I just see them sitting in heavy traffic near major shopping and nightlife spots.
Tenacious P
9/28/2016 3:29pm
The R8 is a badass car. It's my understanding that, like many Porches, they are one of the easiest super cars to live with day to day. Reliability, cost of ownership, ect. I heard they specifically designed the hood (trunk) to accommodate a full set of golf clubs...

Now that Roczen is on Honda though... go for that 2017 NSX!!! (employee discount anyone?)
9/28/2016 3:30pm Edited Date/Time 9/28/2016 3:36pm
dmoore611 wrote:
If you have the means to buy one, why not? Is it a smart investment? Absolutely not. The problem with money though is you can't take...
If you have the means to buy one, why not? Is it a smart investment? Absolutely not. The problem with money though is you can't take it with you when you die. If you splurge occasionally what's the harm? Not like all of us moto junkies can REALLY afford to ride like we do but we find a way to make it work, because it makes us feel good. Same thing with the car, just different scale.
I wasn't knocking someone for spending money. Just saying buying a supercar for American roadways is as awkward as using a Maico 700 for your pitbike.

Sure, you can do it, if you can afford it. Still makes it a silly choice.
billyslap
9/28/2016 3:31pm Edited Date/Time 9/28/2016 3:33pm
MXMattii wrote:
Barcia and Roczen where very proud on their R8. But to be honest, isn't that a car for cheapskates? Everyone knows that the R8 is the...
Barcia and Roczen where very proud on their R8. But to be honest, isn't that a car for cheapskates? Everyone knows that the R8 is the cheap brother of the Lamborghini Gallardo. A real beast! If you make NFL, MLB or Football money you don't buy R8's I think. Isn't a bit like buying a Huawei because it can all the same things as the IPhone and be proud of it?

On the other hand, same engin is in it.

Actually I hate to tell you but Lambos are for broke azz 2nd rate rappers and sports stars.

They actually lease them more so than not. All about keeping up with appearances.

Lambos look the same as they did in the 80's....

Real people with class drive Ferraris.

Audi R8 really what is that like a churched up Nissan GTR haha
mx836
9/28/2016 3:38pm

mxb2 wrote:
That's a good question. Most who do have no business on any motorcycle.
newmann
9/28/2016 3:43pm
Why? To go with the A6 and Q7 already in the garage. B b b ballin'.
305FC250
9/28/2016 3:44pm
The R8 isn't so great period. It's for people who are really wealthy and want a "supercar" but don't actually know how poorly it stacks up, or they don't care because they aren't car guys.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
9/28/2016 3:48pm
This is more my style:

peelout
9/28/2016 3:50pm
i'd buy a Raptor, Tundras are shit
mxb2
9/28/2016 3:52pm

mxb2 wrote:
Those are infinitely more useful/enjoyable vehicles than any supercar. Especially on backroads. But once again, I've never seen a supercar on a backroad. For the most...
Those are infinitely more useful/enjoyable vehicles than any supercar. Especially on backroads. But once again, I've never seen a supercar on a backroad. For the most part, I just see them sitting in heavy traffic near major shopping and nightlife spots.
My point was cars all serve the same purpose ,just different prices, like a Timex and Rolex. Same purpose different prices. If ya can afford it why not. Everybody spends on different things. Dont judge how others spend their $$. Work hard, play hard
9/28/2016 3:57pm Edited Date/Time 9/28/2016 4:04pm
mxb2 wrote:
Those are infinitely more useful/enjoyable vehicles than any supercar. Especially on backroads. But once again, I've never seen a supercar on a backroad. For the most...
mxb2 wrote:
My point was cars all serve the same purpose ,just different prices, like a Timex and Rolex. Same purpose different prices. If ya can afford it...
My point was cars all serve the same purpose ,just different prices, like a Timex and Rolex. Same purpose different prices. If ya can afford it why not. Everybody spends on different things. Dont judge how others spend their $$. Work hard, play hard
Did I miss something here? Isn't the whole point of this thread judging how others spend their $$?
slipdog
9/28/2016 4:01pm
If money is no object, get what you want. I'd probably go in this direction just because...

Post a reply to: Why would you buy an R8?!

The Latest