'Wick second motos

burnside
Edited Date/Time 8/15/2012 2:01pm
I know this is ambitious 24 hours after the event and with the bizarre TV package, but does anyone have links to the second motos? Have they even been broadcast? Cheers.
|
DavidR
8/12/2012 10:46am
What's the hurry? NBC sports will televise both 450 & 250 moto 2 Tuesday afternoon. You only have to wait 3 days after the race to watch them on TV. That's pretty bad ass coverage right there!
8/13/2012 10:59am
boooooooooooo !

was hoping that these may have been up somewhere by now -sheesh.
TX24
8/13/2012 1:31pm
Racerx must have it listed wrong, it says today the 13th on NBCS.

The Shop

burnside
8/13/2012 3:18pm
could have watched it on Sunday in Australia!
No Oz fans so generous as to upload somewhere?
mtl
8/13/2012 4:07pm
Are first motos anywhere online? Not on allisports.com yet and I missed them when they were aired...
ocscottie
8/13/2012 7:48pm
We watched both motos streamed live here on Saturday, unfortunately the 2nd motos were in Portuguese, but at least we got to see all the action.
MCfan4life
8/13/2012 7:55pm
ocscottie wrote:
We watched both motos streamed live here on Saturday, unfortunately the 2nd motos were in Portuguese, but at least we got to see all the action.
Portugese??? Huh

LaughingLaughingLaughing
71Fish
8/13/2012 8:39pm
DavidR wrote:
What's the hurry? NBC sports will televise both 450 & 250 moto 2 Tuesday afternoon. You only have to wait 3 days after the race to...
What's the hurry? NBC sports will televise both 450 & 250 moto 2 Tuesday afternoon. You only have to wait 3 days after the race to watch them on TV. That's pretty bad ass coverage right there!
I think there was some other sporting event going on in London that took up space on the NBC networks. I could be wrong though.
DavidR
8/14/2012 4:02am Edited Date/Time 8/14/2012 4:03am
DavidR wrote:
What's the hurry? NBC sports will televise both 450 & 250 moto 2 Tuesday afternoon. You only have to wait 3 days after the race to...
71Fish wrote:
I think there was some other sporting event going on in London that took up space on the NBC networks. I could be wrong though.
You're wrong though. NBC sports coverage of the Olympics ended at 5 pm cdt on Saturday. They had plenty of time to show 2nd motos after 5pm Saturday.
mtl
8/14/2012 6:18am
Thanks, Where did you find this URL?

-mtl
DC
8/14/2012 7:23am
DavidR, there was a bunch of other programming that had backed up which NBC had to get out of the way. First year on a new network can be tough, especially with the Olympics. Sorry for the inconvenience, it will get better.

DC
MX Sports
mccread
8/14/2012 7:35am Edited Date/Time 8/14/2012 7:36am
Looking forward to seeing the second motos! Hurry....Smile
jeffro503
8/14/2012 7:51am Edited Date/Time 8/14/2012 7:52am
Today is a " Moto day "...........

Have the day off and hittin' Mtn View MX..........get back home this evening for a nice dinner and watching the 2nd moto's.....should be an epic day....for a Tuesday!

BTW......so we have to wait a couple days after the race to watch the 2nd motos......big deal! I've been around long enough to remember "Reading" about the races in dirtbike magazine 3 months after the race happened. 3 Days is nothing.

Besides....we have had great coverage all year long ( Actually the last few years have been great! ).

Stay positive dudes!

YeeHawww!
mxdude105
8/14/2012 8:40am
While better than the laughable ESPN coverage of ten years ago, the TV package we have this year is a noticeable step down from last year's Speed programming. Why the change? Somebody, somewhere is saving/making money from this switch to NBC Sports and the inferior coverage that comes along with the deal. It doesn't take much intuition to figure out who the beneficiaries are.
mtl
8/14/2012 8:49am
mxdude105 wrote:
While better than the laughable ESPN coverage of ten years ago, the TV package we have this year is a noticeable step down from last year's...
While better than the laughable ESPN coverage of ten years ago, the TV package we have this year is a noticeable step down from last year's Speed programming. Why the change? Somebody, somewhere is saving/making money from this switch to NBC Sports and the inferior coverage that comes along with the deal. It doesn't take much intuition to figure out who the beneficiaries are.
You are a whiny bitch.
DavidR
8/14/2012 9:00am
jeffro503 wrote:
Today is a " Moto day "........... Have the day off and hittin' Mtn View MX..........get back home this evening for a nice dinner and watching...

Have the day off and hittin' Mtn View MX..........get back home this evening for a nice dinner and watching the 2nd moto's.....should be an epic day....for a Tuesday!

BTW......so we have to wait a couple days after the race to watch the 2nd motos......big deal! I've been around long enough to remember "Reading" about the races in dirtbike magazine 3 months after the race happened. 3 Days is nothing.

Besides....we have had great coverage all year long ( Actually the last few years have been great! ).

Stay positive dudes!

YeeHawww!
That's a pretty nice little Tuesday you got going there jeffro, have fun! I've been around long enough to remember watching the 1985 Carlsbad USGP what 5 or 6 months after the actual race had taken place, so I know how far the TV coverage has come. However, that doesn't mean if it takes a step backwards (which it most definitely did this weekend) you can't be critical of the coverage. If no one cares that we have to wait 3 days after the race when we've gotten to the point where we get coverage same day / next day then what's to say it doesn't go backwards from here and we're stuck with bull riding and all the other junk NBC Sports rolled out there after the Olympics coverage ended at 5pm Saturday as opposed to some moto? I commend DC & MX sports on what they've accomplished the last couple years with bringing us TV coverage of the sport we love but this weekend was a step backwards, sorry.
jeffro503
8/14/2012 9:39am
jeffro503 wrote:
Today is a " Moto day "........... Have the day off and hittin' Mtn View MX..........get back home this evening for a nice dinner and watching...

Stay positive dudes!

YeeHawww!
DavidR wrote:
That's a pretty nice little Tuesday you got going there jeffro, have fun! I've been around long enough to remember watching the 1985 Carlsbad USGP what...
That's a pretty nice little Tuesday you got going there jeffro, have fun! I've been around long enough to remember watching the 1985 Carlsbad USGP what 5 or 6 months after the actual race had taken place, so I know how far the TV coverage has come. However, that doesn't mean if it takes a step backwards (which it most definitely did this weekend) you can't be critical of the coverage. If no one cares that we have to wait 3 days after the race when we've gotten to the point where we get coverage same day / next day then what's to say it doesn't go backwards from here and we're stuck with bull riding and all the other junk NBC Sports rolled out there after the Olympics coverage ended at 5pm Saturday as opposed to some moto? I commend DC & MX sports on what they've accomplished the last couple years with bringing us TV coverage of the sport we love but this weekend was a step backwards, sorry.
I see your point David. I think Davey / MxSports / Speed / Fuel and so forth just try to put together the best "available" package we can get. Sometimes it's not always what we want / wish for.......but I have to be thankful we get to watch it at all. I wish everything was live as well.......but we gotta take what we can get sometimes ya know?
DavidR
8/14/2012 10:54am
jeffro503 wrote:

Stay positive dudes!

YeeHawww!
DavidR wrote:
That's a pretty nice little Tuesday you got going there jeffro, have fun! I've been around long enough to remember watching the 1985 Carlsbad USGP what...
jeffro503 wrote:
I see your point David. I think Davey / MxSports / Speed / Fuel and so forth just try to put together the best "available" package...
I see your point David. I think Davey / MxSports / Speed / Fuel and so forth just try to put together the best "available" package we can get. Sometimes it's not always what we want / wish for.......but I have to be thankful we get to watch it at all. I wish everything was live as well.......but we gotta take what we can get sometimes ya know?
Fair enough. By the way, your Tuesday is kicking my Tuesday's ass.
DC
8/14/2012 1:37pm
The Southwick times suffered because of the Olympics, but the Unadilla times won't. All four motos will air live on Saturday, first on FUEL and then NBC and NBC Sports.... Of course that means turning the channel, which generates as many complaints as the races being aired on time-delay, but I'm starting to just roll with the punches.

See, it's already a little better.

DC
MX Sports
ocscottie
8/14/2012 1:39pm
Of course that means turning the channel, which generates as many complaints as the races being aired on time-delay

Laughing Classic one Davey. Now where is my f'ing remote!!!
72kiteboarder
8/14/2012 1:55pm
Does "It will get better" sound like a broken record to anyone else?
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
8/14/2012 2:30pm
Does "It will get better" sound like a broken record to anyone else?
No but the pissy bitching does.
BAMX
8/14/2012 2:31pm
Davey when can we get the first motos off of Fuel and onto NBC Sports? Fuel doesn't even broadcast in HD. At least not with my provider.
DavidR
8/14/2012 2:33pm
DC wrote:
The Southwick times suffered because of the Olympics, but the Unadilla times won't. All four motos will air live on Saturday, first on FUEL and then...
The Southwick times suffered because of the Olympics, but the Unadilla times won't. All four motos will air live on Saturday, first on FUEL and then NBC and NBC Sports.... Of course that means turning the channel, which generates as many complaints as the races being aired on time-delay, but I'm starting to just roll with the punches.

See, it's already a little better.

DC
MX Sports
Thanks DC, same day coverage is all we can ask for. Well, that and hoping Jerry Jones gets him some glory hole.
72kiteboarder
8/14/2012 3:34pm
When it is hard for the core fans to watch, you have screwed up.

Post a reply to: 'Wick second motos

The Latest