Will Roczen ever win again?

FlaNard
3/2/2019 11:33pm
He starts too well not to win eventually.
Motofinne
3/3/2019 12:30am Edited Date/Time 3/3/2019 12:31am
Yes he will win some races. But he will never become a champion indoors.

If i'm HRC, i'm doing everything in my power to sign AC or Forkner asap.
norcal racer
3/3/2019 12:31am
He’s still being conservative, he will be better next year and the year after though. You guys are wanting a miraculous comeback story. He’s got a couple years left after this where he’ll leave it out on the table and go for it

The Shop

rp031x
3/3/2019 12:40am
RexEasely wrote:
Time to put that injury talk to bed. It was two years ago
Are you serious? They were thinking about amputating his arm at one point. 15 plus surgeries? On top of it the dude defies the odds and shows up LESS than a year later at race pace and then gets another massive injury to his other arm. Which was 1 year ago by the way. He has had to literally change his riding style to adjust to his arm injuries and is still managing to compete for wins. Dude can't even button the top button of his shirt. You're an ass.
MickyT
3/3/2019 1:08am
Man I’m a massive Kenny fan!!
But I’m concerned! I know he had a flu but still! Imagine if he won those two close races this year, his confidence would be much better!
But he looks like a rider with no confidence! He just will not put any sort of aggressive pass on anyone!
Between his arms, Blake Savage, and getting owned by Webb I just don’t know!!
Come on Kenny !! We are still behind you no matter what!!!
WCRider
Fantasy
2287th
3/3/2019 1:25am
His real place in speed is 4/5.
3/3/2019 1:55am
Kenny didnt look good last night , was behind Plessinger all race and was lucky he made a mistake so he could pass him .. it looks like he just misses confidence , last corner passes to loose races dont look good ....
Frank
3/3/2019 2:07am
OR Racer46 wrote:
I would guess the Pressure from the Honda Brass grows weekly . They paid him to win Races and Championships . Huge respect for Ken but...
I would guess the Pressure from the Honda Brass grows weekly . They paid him to win Races and Championships . Huge respect for Ken but at the end of the day this is Business .
Honda has paid riders for the last 16 years and none of them won a title. Nobody got fired.
3/3/2019 2:17am
WCRider wrote:
His real place in speed is 4/5.
What a great observation, I guess he just lucked into those 5 podiums then.
second in championship and most consistant rider out there .. Roczen is top 3 , no doubt and just needs a win
WCRider
Fantasy
2287th
3/3/2019 2:39am Edited Date/Time 3/3/2019 2:42am
In terms of speed yes he is the 4/5 guys. The majority of his fastest times are 0.4/0.5 sec slower than the top of the fastest guys.

His starts help him to hide the reality that you don't want to see.
Dougy1
3/3/2019 3:32am
agn5009 wrote:
He’ll win again. He just needs a good start and a few things to go his way. It may not happen this year but it will...
He’ll win again. He just needs a good start and a few things to go his way. It may not happen this year but it will certainly happen in the future.
But hasn’t that changed. It’s a fair comment
As you say he just needs a start. If we said that 2 years ago, a start wouldn’t of mattered. He’s definitely not the same.... as RC said on the telecast he’s got his dad back and his suspension mechanic from when he raced 80s. So he’s definitely searching .. for comfort. Ironically Reed used to get bagged for that statement , now the whole field talk about gettin comfy on their bike. Nex thread should be Barcia. .. kicking ass to disappearing. This field is that good 10% off and your spat out the back . Put everyone on a ktm then that be interesting
Crush
3/3/2019 4:36am
Kenny will win when Fox get some stronger magnets for his visor.

Fuck me, does he case a jump every race? Seems to be off over and again lately.
ATKpilot99
3/3/2019 5:29am
I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a few wins but I also wouldn't be surprised if he never gets another one. His explosiveness is gone and as each race goes by it looks less likely he will get it back.
Moto man
3/3/2019 5:36am
At some point Roczen needs to take a long hard look in the mirror, just like Mark Wahlberg does in Boogie Nights. Ken needs to confirm that he still has a set. He needs to drop the whole “coming back from injury” card, move on, and start sending it.
STLSharky
3/3/2019 6:24am
Frog #1 wrote:
I’m a huge fan of him and his comeback, but I’m worried it won’t happen. He reminds me of my hero Johnny O’mara after his knee...
I’m a huge fan of him and his comeback, but I’m worried it won’t happen. He reminds me of my hero Johnny O’mara after his knee injury. Johnny should’ve and couldn’t won many times after his injury and it never happened again. I hope I’m wrong!
Of course he will
STLSharky
3/3/2019 6:25am
Moto man wrote:
At some point Roczen needs to take a long hard look in the mirror, just like Mark Wahlberg does in Boogie Nights. Ken needs to confirm...
At some point Roczen needs to take a long hard look in the mirror, just like Mark Wahlberg does in Boogie Nights. Ken needs to confirm that he still has a set. He needs to drop the whole “coming back from injury” card, move on, and start sending it.
Exactly
STLSharky
3/3/2019 6:26am
Moto man wrote:
At some point Roczen needs to take a long hard look in the mirror, just like Mark Wahlberg does in Boogie Nights. Ken needs to confirm...
Exactly
VicDaMoan03
3/3/2019 6:50am
Moto man wrote:
I think he already has - he's the one that never want to talk about it now. It's the media and fans that always bring it up.
moto0852
3/3/2019 6:51am
RandyS wrote:
He'll win again but I don't think he or Tomac will ever win a SX championship.
This is the greater interest for me. Both Kenny and Eli are paid to bring championships to their respective brands. Are they worth having on your team? Of course! They are great riders but...are they still premier, championship contender, pay category riders? (Eli is still a viable outdoor championship contender IMHO) Hard to say. If I'm a team manager, planning for the future I'd want to grab Austin or AC as they move up rather than hold onto Kenny or Eli.

This sport is brutal and not a lot of loyalty.
3/3/2019 6:59am
WCRider wrote:
In terms of speed yes he is the 4/5 guys. The majority of his fastest times are 0.4/0.5 sec slower than the top of the fastest...
In terms of speed yes he is the 4/5 guys. The majority of his fastest times are 0.4/0.5 sec slower than the top of the fastest guys.

His starts help him to hide the reality that you don't want to see.
His lap times do not matter as much as his finishes. Any of those top guys can pull off a hot lap, but you gotta do it for the entire race. Kenny is a top three rider but his injury has definitely hampered him.
JM485
3/3/2019 8:06am
Dumbgeon this dumb ass shit holy hell.Pinch
TY838
3/3/2019 8:21am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a few wins but I also wouldn't be surprised if he never gets another one. His explosiveness is gone...
I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a few wins but I also wouldn't be surprised if he never gets another one. His explosiveness is gone and as each race goes by it looks less likely he will get it back.
Agree with this completely. KRoc used to be a real killer and that definitely seems to be gone. That sequence of passing Tomac is about the only time all year he has looked kinda like someone who could win a race and that was a brief glimpse. I understand a more conservative approach and not throwing the season away attempting some overly aggressive move. That is probably the smart thing to do but to win races in the 450 class, he is gonna have to push the envelope a bit.
OR Racer46
Fantasy
876th
3/3/2019 9:39am
OR Racer46 wrote:
I would guess the Pressure from the Honda Brass grows weekly . They paid him to win Races and Championships . Huge respect for Ken but...
I would guess the Pressure from the Honda Brass grows weekly . They paid him to win Races and Championships . Huge respect for Ken but at the end of the day this is Business .
Frank wrote:
Honda has paid riders for the last 16 years and none of them won a title. Nobody got fired.
Not sure were it was said Honda wants to fire Ken ? But i Do know Honda went all in to bring HRC back in and also paid KEN a large amount . to WIN. They want to Win . I fully understand how bad his injuries were . That does not change Hondas mission .
3/3/2019 11:05am
Said to say but he is riding not to get hurt ... he will be fine for the outdoors ..but unless he is willing to mix it up and get aggressive 4th and 5th is where is at ..
3/3/2019 12:29pm Edited Date/Time 3/3/2019 12:53pm
OR Racer46 wrote:
Frank wrote:
Nobody got fired? Didn't Honda just completely "restructure" its race team management? Pretty sure that's the corporate way of saying "people got fired".

Post a reply to: Will Roczen ever win again?

The Latest