Will Vital still get a sneak peak at the new MX game in a week or two?

flatout111
9/4/2017 1:34am Edited Date/Time 9/7/2017 7:45pm
Michael mentioned in a thread last week they would have more details on the new MX vs ATV game in a couple of weeks. That thread has since been deleted as was a mention in the Iron Man pit bits. Obviously, Rainbow/THQ Nordic didn't want it made public or spoke of yet. Embargo, as Steve would say. Smile But business is business so I understand.

My question for Michael and or GuyB is will we see that preview when/if they come by office or you get to see game? Hope so and hope this thread doesn't have to be deleted but understand if it does.

Thanks for any info, if you can share it.
|
flatout111
9/4/2017 1:09pm
Seems like Mathes saw the game, too. Weird it can't be discussed but they were obviously showing it. Perplexing.
cjg23307
9/4/2017 4:47pm
flatout111 wrote:
Seems like Mathes saw the game, too. Weird it can't be discussed but they were obviously showing it. Perplexing.
They wont explain it because it's probably going to suck like the rest of the games they have made. Not sure what milestone is thinking I hope this game goes in a new direction but if not I won't be wasting my money anymore.
9/4/2017 4:53pm
I think Matthes said the physics were completely different so maybe they're actually trying to make something that isn't complete arcade garbage.
flatout111
9/4/2017 5:07pm Edited Date/Time 9/4/2017 5:09pm
Yeah Encore was garbage. MXGP 3 is so much better. But I look forward to any and all MX games so hoping Rainbow does a complete 180. Their stock has plummeted. I've always had issues with their games, honestly.

For my money this is still the best Supercross game.

The Shop

SEE ARE125
9/4/2017 5:12pm
I think Matthes said the physics were completely different so maybe they're actually trying to make something that isn't complete arcade garbage.
I hope you're right, but at the same time that's kind of been their problem. The next game always goes a completely different direction than the last. Reflex was the last game that felt like "the next step" in the series. Alive took a complete 180 from that and then Supercross went an entirely different direction yet again with preload and a nitro clutch. With that said, I've loved playing all of their games, but I do wish they would pick a direction and stick with it, and just make tweaks and adjustments instead of trying to reinvent the series with each new game. That's just my $0.02.
flatout111
9/4/2017 5:27pm
I agree but they need a direction that closely represents the sport. Encore's speed and nitro clutch are just ridiculous. At least make it speed and scale wise accurate. That should be priority 1.
9/5/2017 6:06am
flatout111 wrote:
Yeah Encore was garbage. MXGP 3 is so much better. But I look forward to any and all MX games so hoping Rainbow does a complete...
Yeah Encore was garbage. MXGP 3 is so much better. But I look forward to any and all MX games so hoping Rainbow does a complete 180. Their stock has plummeted. I've always had issues with their games, honestly.

For my money this is still the best Supercross game.

Yeah, I feel like this is the only game that ever really got the scale of supercross right. I haven't played this since I was like 12, but I remember thinking they had done a pretty good job.
flatout111
9/5/2017 6:18am
EA Supercross is dated and the suspension is too mushy letting you kinda case things without much consequence but it still did more right than any SX game. Heats, lcqs, full series, full license, replica tracks, Art Eckman and David Bailey. If this model was done in 2017 it would be all we need. Hopefully Milestone comes thru for us.and maybe Rainbow does a 180.
flatout111
9/5/2017 6:23am
In some ways EA Supercross 2001 did some things better but was more arcade and didn't have heard, lcqs or 20 lap mains in full series so that really hurt it.

But how EA replicated the nights series was way ahead of its time and still has never been done in a Supercross game.
flatout111
9/5/2017 6:42am Edited Date/Time 9/5/2017 6:47am
But back on subject, hope something is brought to light on new game.
cjg23307
9/5/2017 5:24pm Edited Date/Time 9/5/2017 5:26pm
flatout111 wrote:
EA Supercross is dated and the suspension is too mushy letting you kinda case things without much consequence but it still did more right than any...
EA Supercross is dated and the suspension is too mushy letting you kinda case things without much consequence but it still did more right than any SX game. Heats, lcqs, full series, full license, replica tracks, Art Eckman and David Bailey. If this model was done in 2017 it would be all we need. Hopefully Milestone comes thru for us.and maybe Rainbow does a 180.
EA supercross was awesome! The new mxgp is pretty fun as well and the series is perfect in my mind minus a few little things but they keep improving! I have bought every moto game that has come out to support it. After reflex that series has taken a huge hit. Alive wasn't horrible but a step back this supercross game they are on I didn't even buy after trying a friends. More steps back the next game I won't buy unless huge changes come. I hope it changes but I don't see it happening thank god for milestone and the games they give us though!
flatout111
9/7/2017 4:46pm Edited Date/Time 9/7/2017 4:48pm
Nothing from GuyB or Michael. Bummer. Guess they we're asked or told not to speak on the matter anymore. Embargos. And Rainbow is a company that could use some good press but they too are silent. Steve's the only one who spoke on the matter a little.
MotoMo165
9/7/2017 5:02pm
When did Steve talk about it? I must've missed it.
Acidreamer
9/7/2017 5:14pm
Buy mx sim and let all your complaints vanish!
RickyRoss519
Fantasy
2311th
9/7/2017 5:14pm
Reflex was the best. Encore is the best we got to work with now. I'm not a fan of mxgp myself. The weather differences are cool. But not a fan of the racing action.
SEE ARE125
9/7/2017 5:23pm
Reflex was the best. Encore is the best we got to work with now. I'm not a fan of mxgp myself. The weather differences are cool...
Reflex was the best. Encore is the best we got to work with now. I'm not a fan of mxgp myself. The weather differences are cool. But not a fan of the racing action.
Have you tried MXGP3? I really hated the first two, they had great features but the game played too slow and clunky. The latest one is actually pretty good. They've sped up the gameplay so it's more "racey" but not so much that it's unrealistic. If you've tried MXGP3 and still don't like it I understand, but coming from someone who REALLY hated the first two games, I feel they've made a huge improvement in this latest one.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
9/7/2017 7:27pm
Alright folks.

Here's what I know. If you're a console gamer but more specifically PlayStation 4 you'll be happy to know that Nordic Games is planning to release MX vs ATV Unleashed later this year/early 2018.

You heard it here first.

If this gets deleted you have your answer.

MotoMo165
9/7/2017 7:44pm
Lmao are you serious? That is lame. Bunch of ass hats over there.
VicDaMoan03
9/7/2017 7:45pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Alright folks. Here's what I know. If you're a console gamer but more specifically PlayStation 4 you'll be happy to know that Nordic Games is planning...
Alright folks.

Here's what I know. If you're a console gamer but more specifically PlayStation 4 you'll be happy to know that Nordic Games is planning to release MX vs ATV Unleashed later this year/early 2018.

You heard it here first.

Unleashed the PS2 game?
RickyRoss519
Fantasy
2311th
9/7/2017 7:45pm
Reflex was the best. Encore is the best we got to work with now. I'm not a fan of mxgp myself. The weather differences are cool...
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Have you tried MXGP3? I really hated the first two, they had great features but the game played too slow and clunky. The latest one is...
Have you tried MXGP3? I really hated the first two, they had great features but the game played too slow and clunky. The latest one is actually pretty good. They've sped up the gameplay so it's more "racey" but not so much that it's unrealistic. If you've tried MXGP3 and still don't like it I understand, but coming from someone who REALLY hated the first two games, I feel they've made a huge improvement in this latest one.
I think it was mxgp 2. My brother has it and likes it a lot. Probably just need more time. Just like every other moto game made. First few races "this game sucks!" Then all of a sudden you're killing it.
flatout111
9/7/2017 7:54pm Edited Date/Time 9/7/2017 8:06pm
Acidreamer wrote:
Buy mx sim and let all your complaints vanish!
I have the disc version of MX Sim. Now that is going way back. But no, I like a game where I can role play as a real rider against other real pro riders in a season mode ala NBA2k. SIM doesn't come close to offering this.
MotoMo165
9/7/2017 7:56pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Have you tried MXGP3? I really hated the first two, they had great features but the game played too slow and clunky. The latest one is...
I think it was mxgp 2. My brother has it and likes it a lot. Probably just need more time. Just like every other moto game...
I think it was mxgp 2. My brother has it and likes it a lot. Probably just need more time. Just like every other moto game made. First few races "this game sucks!" Then all of a sudden you're killing it.
Exactly. Once you get your stats to 100 you can really rip. My mud ability still at 66 ha but gp3 is the best console (fuck off mxsim guys) Moto game by far Imo.
9/7/2017 7:58pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Alright folks. Here's what I know. If you're a console gamer but more specifically PlayStation 4 you'll be happy to know that Nordic Games is planning...
Alright folks.

You heard it here first.

unleashed is an old game.
flatout111
9/7/2017 8:07pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Alright folks.

You heard it here first.

That would be hideous. Unleashed is one of the most overrated MX games ever. Balloon air physics and mile wide tracks. Thanks but no thanks.

Post a reply to: Will Vital still get a sneak peak at the new MX game in a week or two?

The Latest