Wilson Todd

Edited Date/Time 6/16/2019 12:28am
Does he stay in the US longer, or head back to Australia like he’s planned?
Poll

What does Wilson Todd do?

Choices
|
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
5/25/2019 4:39pm
unless Troy Lee and going to sign him for the whole series, he would be better to head back and make some money, with a good leg up to getting a ride next year,
struth
5/25/2019 5:17pm
14th 2nd moto is a solid result..

Unless he has full time ride , go back home
PJRAUS
5/25/2019 5:23pm
What happened in the first moto? Bad start..crash?

The Shop

mingham97
5/25/2019 6:09pm
Wilson Todd's first time ever riding pala...meanwhile everyone that beat him has been riding testing there for about 6-8 weeks now. Interested how he goes at the tracks where experience is a little more even. 14th is an ok result none the less
5/25/2019 7:48pm
mingham97 wrote:
Wilson Todd's first time ever riding pala...meanwhile everyone that beat him has been riding testing there for about 6-8 weeks now. Interested how he goes at...
Wilson Todd's first time ever riding pala...meanwhile everyone that beat him has been riding testing there for about 6-8 weeks now. Interested how he goes at the tracks where experience is a little more even. 14th is an ok result none the less

There's always some tripper trying to put a positive spin on a thread!
wicksy85
Fantasy
1579th
5/25/2019 7:53pm
Bike issues in the first Moto, second Moto fuck could be anything. Hopefully TLD give him another weekend on the bike with more testing
struth
5/25/2019 7:59pm
wicksy85 wrote:
Bike issues in the first Moto, second Moto fuck could be anything. Hopefully TLD give him another weekend on the bike with more testing
Went backwarda 2nd moto...just did not have the speed...more testing would be good...
rossi46
5/25/2019 11:14pm
scott_nz wrote:
unless Troy Lee and going to sign him for the whole series, he would be better to head back and make some money, with a good...
unless Troy Lee and going to sign him for the whole series, he would be better to head back and make some money, with a good leg up to getting a ride next year,
Make money!!! Riding MX in Australia. Lol.
JB479
5/25/2019 11:39pm
Everyones so quick to judge, might want to look at Moto 1 first turn crash. Suprised he could even ride after that
5/25/2019 11:50pm Edited Date/Time 5/25/2019 11:52pm
even without an immediate ride, he's put himself on the radar for sure. Tyler Keefe @ TLD KTM will/(should) know the difference between bad luck and raw talent.. but we shall see! I like the dude
PJRAUS
5/26/2019 1:00am
JB479 wrote:
Everyones so quick to judge, might want to look at Moto 1 first turn crash. Suprised he could even ride after that
Thanks...I was wondering what hapoened..
5/26/2019 1:34am
scott_nz wrote:
unless Troy Lee and going to sign him for the whole series, he would be better to head back and make some money, with a good...
rossi46 wrote:
Do any mx2 riders make a living from mx only, in Aus that is?
struth
5/26/2019 1:42am
even without an immediate ride, he's put himself on the radar for sure. Tyler Keefe @ TLD KTM will/(should) know the difference between bad luck and...
even without an immediate ride, he's put himself on the radar for sure. Tyler Keefe @ TLD KTM will/(should) know the difference between bad luck and raw talent.. but we shall see! I like the dude
Yeah be great if can got some sort of support for next year ama sx @mx series...
I reckon a mxgp team will pick him ...considering how well beaton n evans have done..
5/26/2019 2:01am
Swap video asked him if we would see him in Denver. Said he was keen but he didn't do himself any favours today.

wicksy85
Fantasy
1579th
5/26/2019 2:27am
scott_nz wrote:
rossi46 wrote:
Do any mx2 riders make a living from mx only, in Aus that is?
Nope you'll find that majority except the top 5 or 3 even are the only ones who make a living, the purse money isn't the best neither is the money they make from the team.

It's not in the best place the Australian MX scene, there are a lot of fast juniors coming up who are already eyeing off Europe or America and skipping the Aussie scene all together once they go senior
mxmaniac
5/26/2019 2:38am
From what I gather Wilson was taken out and ran over in the first turn of first moto. Sounds like he was hurting and bike was bent up. He finished the race regardless. I would assume moto 2 he suffered the effects of the moto 1 crash.
In my opinion, all things considered.. he was up against the odds to be top 10 like others were predicting regardless of the crash. I have seen him race many times.. I think if he was based there and settled in, he would be a top 10 guy regularly.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
5/26/2019 2:41am Edited Date/Time 5/26/2019 2:42am
Yep obviously no one has seen how hard he went down in the first moto in the first turn

Tim271
Fantasy
4471st
5/26/2019 2:51am
aaryn #234 wrote:
Yep obviously no one has seen how hard he went down in the first moto in the first turn [embed] View this post on Instagram Devastated...
Yep obviously no one has seen how hard he went down in the first moto in the first turn

ouchh thats got to hurt, sucks that happened was hoping he could have a good day.

hope they give him another shot at the next round
5/28/2019 10:59am
If he took this photo today, looks like he’s still here riding the TLD bike!
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2591st
5/28/2019 2:32pm
He needs to stay.. theirs is nothing in Australia and no money.
He needs to stay there, grind it out and try and make brake with solid results.

If he stays in America he will only get better. If he comes back to aus, he will stay at the same level and same speed. He knows he can do it. I reckon he just goes all in and takes his shot while he knows theirs teams watching him!

Get em toddy!
5/28/2019 3:22pm
Lot of experience and exposure along with a bonus check winning a championship that will benefit his chances of picking up a decent ride OS versus skipping out on his already contracted deal and doing it on his own money with no or minimal help
5/28/2019 3:46pm
Lot of experience and exposure along with a bonus check winning a championship that will benefit his chances of picking up a decent ride OS versus...
Lot of experience and exposure along with a bonus check winning a championship that will benefit his chances of picking up a decent ride OS versus skipping out on his already contracted deal and doing it on his own money with no or minimal help
Not a lot of good rumours about his team even being around when he gets back maybe this is the real reason he's in the USA???
5/29/2019 1:20am
I think wilson said unless someone offers him.a contract for next year he would be going back to aus.

He might stay until colorado but I dont think his team would fold with the current points lead in mx2. Plus if that team folds there goes Todd waters rider as well.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
5/29/2019 2:23am
Just thought that this topic needed a picture of Wilson Todd on his number 1 plated Husqvarna.

Not sure if I would be more surprised to see Husqvarna give up having a rider out here with the #1 plate or DPH who have been striving for years to win a title (WIlson won with Yamaha / different team last year) to fold the team when they have Wilson leading MX2 and Waters just 9 points down in MX1

mxmaniac
5/29/2019 3:14am
aaryn #234 wrote:
Just thought that this topic needed a picture of Wilson Todd on his number 1 plated Husqvarna. Not sure if I would be more surprised to...
Just thought that this topic needed a picture of Wilson Todd on his number 1 plated Husqvarna.

Not sure if I would be more surprised to see Husqvarna give up having a rider out here with the #1 plate or DPH who have been striving for years to win a title (WIlson won with Yamaha / different team last year) to fold the team when they have Wilson leading MX2 and Waters just 9 points down in MX1

Bit off topic Aaryn, but I was interested if you know what impact the whole Kade saga had on the team? Or if it only impacted kade and his future.
Hope they hang in there if there is really some issues with the future of DPH.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4382nd
5/29/2019 3:19am
JB479 wrote:
classic vitalmx forum. Vitards jumping the gun so fast they outrun the bullet.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
5/29/2019 3:33pm
aaryn #234 wrote:
Just thought that this topic needed a picture of Wilson Todd on his number 1 plated Husqvarna. Not sure if I would be more surprised to...

mxmaniac wrote:
Bit off topic Aaryn, but I was interested if you know what impact the whole Kade saga had on the team? Or if it only impacted...
Bit off topic Aaryn, but I was interested if you know what impact the whole Kade saga had on the team? Or if it only impacted kade and his future.
Hope they hang in there if there is really some issues with the future of DPH.
Actually never thought about that, I am pretty sure all penalties are rider only.

Though the last two riders to get caught came from the same team that stopped racing about 12 months after (Not sure of the actual time line)

I received a couple of phone calls and messages one Wilson and Waters were in the states saying DPH might not be back after the mid season break, but have been told that is not the case by someone who would actually know.

The RUMORS I was told were that Wilson Todd would be moved over to the Raceline KTM team, which at the time sort of made sense as their number one MX2 rider is injured.

But now adding to the good word I have the DPH are not going anywhere, was a post on Insty in the last day or two with a picture of their three riders and being ready for the season to return after the mid season break., no mention of Wilson

At this point my money is the team being on the line for round six when the series returns. I sure hope so, the Hocking family are a great family and have been supporting riders for a long time now with a great set up.
struth
6/1/2019 7:11pm
14-17 ok result.
Came from 25 to 17 in moto 2 ...

Post a reply to: Wilson Todd

The Latest