Would you buy a cybertruck to haul your ride?

Doddy
11/25/2019 11:04pm
Amazing how many people give "thumbs down" on these electric posts. So many salty people stuck with an idea of outdated technology. The Teslas are running...
Amazing how many people give "thumbs down" on these electric posts. So many salty people stuck with an idea of outdated technology. The Teslas are running stock 11 second quarter mile times in a 7 seater configuration. This was a pipe dream even 10 years ago.

Yes the battery issues need to be addressed along with other issues encountered with any new developing technology but the blanket ignorant disapproval of electric motors is something I can't understand. The performance numbers on these machines are incredible.
"So many salty people stuck with an idea of outdated technology".

We had electric cars in the 1900's. Even the first Porsche ever made was electric. Just saying.
Radical
Fantasy
2360th
11/26/2019 12:19am
I'm interested in an electric street bike, and possibly the Cyber Truck with the matching toy hauler.
But I'm not giving up my YZ125!
philG
11/26/2019 2:33am
Everyone raves about the instant explosive torque and power like thats a good thing... its a truck that is one step up from a shopping cart in the handling stakes... the last thing you need a whisky throttle in one of those.
11/26/2019 2:37am
philG wrote:
Everyone raves about the instant explosive torque and power like thats a good thing... its a truck that is one step up from a shopping cart...
Everyone raves about the instant explosive torque and power like thats a good thing... its a truck that is one step up from a shopping cart in the handling stakes... the last thing you need a whisky throttle in one of those.
Ok. Instant torque + computerized traction control, then.

The Shop

Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
11/26/2019 2:38am Edited Date/Time 11/26/2019 2:38am
Electric is for Losers

Lectron is for Legends
Excaliburbmx
11/26/2019 3:06am
A ton of people are anti electric and think it's a downgrade in performance for some reason. Electric powered vehicles are going to rip your head...
A ton of people are anti electric and think it's a downgrade in performance for some reason. Electric powered vehicles are going to rip your head off with the hp/torque. Aren't some of you old enough to remember playing with slot cars? Those things rip so fast they fly off the track and hit nearby people or pets. I had one get caught up in the cat's tail.

Anyone have one of these growing up? Electric rips. Yes, range is not idea yet but they will get it sorted out.

I haul cars all week so I have a diesel truck it has all the power I need and no need for more torque.

If electric appeals to anyone fine go get one but for me I drive 8-12 hours a day I don’t want or need electric.
VicDaMoan03
11/26/2019 4:26am
I'm not really into electric at least until these thing reach 500+ mile range. I do hope these things continue to catch one. Less demand for oil is a good thing especially at the gas pump.
Blue flag
11/26/2019 4:31am
I’ll stick with my new oil burner thank you.
motoGleamer
Fantasy
522nd
11/26/2019 5:58am
philG wrote:
Everyone raves about the instant explosive torque and power like thats a good thing... its a truck that is one step up from a shopping cart...
I think 2.9 seconds 0 to 60 and a stock 11 seconds quarter mile would be something we could all agree is awesome but here we are.

Also, you cant whiskey throttle a car with traction control and the Tesla's consistently post some of the lowest times around tracks when compared to other high performance cars. I'm not a Tesla owner but the saltiness surrounding the electric technology makes no sense. The engine performance is superior in just about every way compared to a combustion engine. It's like comparing combustion engines to steam.
155hk
11/26/2019 7:51am Edited Date/Time 11/26/2019 7:56am
Hauling stuff around in this truck would kill battery life. Cool concept but poorly executed, this is the first Tesla vehicle where it literally is too expensive for the specs you get. I encourage everyone to go watch Doug Demuro's review on Youtube, it really shows you everything about this truck compared to other trucks its in the same category with, like the f-150. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-0DdRHA-ZQ
11/26/2019 7:56am Edited Date/Time 11/26/2019 9:08am
155hk wrote:
Hauling stuff around in this truck would kill battery life. Cool concept but poorly executed, this is the first Tesla vehicle where it literally is too...
Hauling stuff around in this truck would kill battery life. Cool concept but poorly executed, this is the first Tesla vehicle where it literally is too expensive for the specs you get. I encourage everyone to go watch Doug Demuro's review on Youtube, it really shows you everything about this truck compared to other trucks its in the same category with, like the f-150. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-0DdRHA-ZQ
This is one area that electric should really excel in terms of efficiency. When hauling in a bed, there is a slight increase in rolling resistance, but nothing else changes, and it is not an exponential force to contend with like wind resistance. For a linear platform, like electric, your performance will be nearly perfectly linear in respect to payload.

On the other hand, ICEs are powerplants with a narrow band of peak efficiency that we keep in an optimum range with gearing. If the weight hauled, acceleration, or cruising speed are anywhere outside the Goldilocks zone, an ICE drops precipitously in both efficiency and performance. As MXer's, we all have the most practical of experience of this huge loss in combustion engine efficiency at non-peak torque range -- losing a spot due to a missed shift.

Keeping an ICE in peak efficiency range by using an an electric motor for non-optimal situations is the entire optimization targeted in a hybrid vehicle like a Prius.
Chance1216
11/26/2019 9:11am
A ton of people are anti electric and think it's a downgrade in performance for some reason. Electric powered vehicles are going to rip your head...
A ton of people are anti electric and think it's a downgrade in performance for some reason. Electric powered vehicles are going to rip your head off with the hp/torque. Aren't some of you old enough to remember playing with slot cars? Those things rip so fast they fly off the track and hit nearby people or pets. I had one get caught up in the cat's tail.

Anyone have one of these growing up? Electric rips. Yes, range is not idea yet but they will get it sorted out.

Had a RC 10. The good old days. 👍
11/26/2019 9:39am
Jesse James has a interesting post in regards to Batteries and Electric tech. After looking into it further. There are some concerns. But I suppose we have to start some where. It was on his Instagram account.

Ghost
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
11/26/2019 9:46am
Jesse James has a interesting post in regards to Batteries and Electric tech. After looking into it further. There are some concerns. But I suppose we...
Jesse James has a interesting post in regards to Batteries and Electric tech. After looking into it further. There are some concerns. But I suppose we have to start some where. It was on his Instagram account.

Ghost
View this post on Instagram

ELECTRIC BOOGALOOS I would like to start of by saying electric cars and motorcycles can F*ck Off!. Ok now that we have that out of the way I can explain exactly why. First and foremost let’s talk about the Ohh so “planet friendly” Formula E racing series. Now at first glance you might think that this “clean” form of racing must be the way of the future, right?? Not so much. Let take a peek at what’s really going on. The very first indication this might be Bullshit is the 20 CAT Diesel generators in the pits running full throttle charging the batteries for these cars. Each car uses two 550 pound Lithium batteries per race. These batteries put out 250KW of power, and have a maximum output of 54KWH (kilowatt hours). On the high side the average U.S. home uses about 20KWH of power per day. One Formula E car, in one race uses four times that in 50 minutes. The recent Hong Kong race had 25 cars on the grid, using fifty 550lb Lithium batteries in 50 minutes. That’s a total of 2700 Kilowatt Hours. Or more than enough to power 10 homes for a month. That’s a lot of juice! Also the five power-plants in Hong Kong are powered by Diesel, Coal, and Gasoline. Whoopsie! Now let’s take a look at these newfangled Lithium batteries. The big companies hawking electric cars and motorcycles would love you to believe that Fossil fuel is so harmful, and electric power is so clean. It’s actually the opposite. We are swapping a carbon monoxide problem that is fixable and controllable. For a toxic Lithium mining that kills wild life, ruins the water table and destroys agriculture. The mining process uses a ton of water. A million gallons of water per 2 metric tons of lithium(Each Tesla has 12 kilos of Lithium). In some South American countries like Chile. Lithium mining uses almost 70% of the countries water supply. Also if you are naive enough to think that there isn’t a bunch of diesel powered machinery used in the process? Think again. These Lithium batteries also leave a toxic footprint on the way out. Contamination of landfills and seeping into the water table.........

A post shared by Jesse James (@popeofwelding) on Nov 24, 2019 at 8:23am PST

11/26/2019 9:52am Edited Date/Time 11/26/2019 10:03am
Jesse James has a interesting post in regards to Batteries and Electric tech. After looking into it further. There are some concerns. But I suppose we...

Ghost
-MAVERICK- wrote:

ELECTRIC BOOGALOOS I would like to start of by saying electric cars and motorcycles can F*ck Off!. Ok now that we have that out of the way I can explain exactly why. First and foremost let’s talk about the Ohh so “planet friendly” Formula E racing series. Now at first glance you might think that this “clean” form of racing must be the way of the future, right?? Not so much. Let take a peek at what’s really going on. The very first indication this might be Bullshit is the 20 CAT Diesel generators in the pits running full throttle charging the batteries for these cars. Each car uses two 550 pound Lithium batteries per race. These batteries put out 250KW of power, and have a maximum output of 54KWH (kilowatt hours). On the high side the average U.S. home uses about 20KWH of power per day. One Formula E car, in one race uses four times that in 50 minutes. The recent Hong Kong race had 25 cars on the grid, using fifty 550lb Lithium batteries in 50 minutes. That’s a total of 2700 Kilowatt Hours. Or more than enough to power 10 homes for a month. That’s a lot of juice! Also the five power-plants in Hong Kong are powered by Diesel, Coal, and Gasoline. Whoopsie! Now let’s take a look at these newfangled Lithium batteries. The big companies hawking electric cars and motorcycles would love you to believe that Fossil fuel is so harmful, and electric power is so clean. It’s actually the opposite. We are swapping a carbon monoxide problem that is fixable and controllable. For a toxic Lithium mining that kills wild life, ruins the water table and destroys agriculture. The mining process uses a ton of water. A million gallons of water per 2 metric tons of lithium(Each Tesla has 12 kilos of Lithium). In some South American countries like Chile. Lithium mining uses almost 70% of the countries water supply. Also if you are naive enough to think that there isn’t a bunch of diesel powered machinery used in the process? Think again. These Lithium batteries also leave a toxic footprint on the way out. Contamination of landfills and seeping into the water table.........

That's a photo of a famous 150-year-old copper mine in Chile:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuquicamata
Mr. Afterbar
11/26/2019 10:12am
I wouldn't touch one with a ten foot pole. Ugly as sin and horrible for the environment. Horrible range. I don't care how fast it does 0-60. If I want to drag race, I'll get a drag car.
tek14
11/26/2019 10:40am
crusty_xx wrote:
I wanna see the safety ratings first No crumple zone and glass that you can't break to get out of the car in an emergency? Yeah...
I wanna see the safety ratings first
No crumple zone and glass that you can't break to get out of the car in an emergency?
Yeah. No.
Its bullet proof!
Adam43
11/26/2019 10:46am
I like it. Discussing among friends it certainly seems like I'm in the minority.
dadofagun
Fantasy
1962nd
11/26/2019 11:14am
I'll stick with my good old F150. Judging by the amount of them sold, looks like I'm not alone.......
PTshox
11/26/2019 12:10pm
crusty_xx wrote:
I wanna see the safety ratings first No crumple zone and glass that you can't break to get out of the car in an emergency? Yeah...
I wanna see the safety ratings first
No crumple zone and glass that you can't break to get out of the car in an emergency?
Yeah. No.
tek14 wrote:
Its bullet proof!
If that puppy is bullet proof that would be a good truck to take to the Oakland Supercross.
11/26/2019 12:25pm Edited Date/Time 11/26/2019 12:26pm
Surprised that on all the threads I've read about this truck, not once has anyone mentioned that the ATV charges while its on the bed of the truck.

EDIT* Read this on an Instagram post. No clue how true it is, if at all.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
11/26/2019 1:06pm
Surprised that on all the threads I've read about this truck, not once has anyone mentioned that the ATV charges while its on the bed of...
Surprised that on all the threads I've read about this truck, not once has anyone mentioned that the ATV charges while its on the bed of the truck.

It's true. In the video once the ATV is parked in the bed of the truck they plug it in the side of the box.
11/26/2019 1:07pm
Surprised that on all the threads I've read about this truck, not once has anyone mentioned that the ATV charges while its on the bed of...

It's one of the reasons i'm interested in the truck. Being able to charge my Altas without a loud, heavy generator would be glorious.
Zacka 161
Fantasy
2033rd
11/26/2019 5:02pm

Ghost
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Like he aint wrong but he also aint that right.

In order for this to be anywhere near relevant he needs to compare to Formula 1. He doesn't do that anywhere and he makes a vague statement about a 'fixable carbon monoxide problem' - yes fixable by reducing the problem... By reducing the number of gas vehicles and coal, gas, diesel power generation...

So theres a lot of numbers and words but with no comparison figures its simply bullshit. Nobody is saying that Formula E is carbon neutral, its simply a progression of greener vehicle propulsion. If people haven't realised Formula 1 uses Hybrids and the cars are faster than ever.

So it seems like the fix is regulate to mining of Lithium, use a lithium mine as your picture so you have some fucking credibility, and replace Coal,Gas,Oil powerplants with clean energy then the series becomes much cleaner... Electric cars are the future, clearly.
Lightning78
11/26/2019 5:19pm
Not sure on the Cybertruck. Do they make a Cybervan?
But I did read that you have the option or you can buy the option to get the truck to come with an electric powered ATV thats designed to fit in the back bed of the Cyber truck the ATV is supposed to be made by Tesla as well
11/26/2019 9:30pm Edited Date/Time 11/26/2019 9:32pm
Is it just me, but the more I look at it, the less ugly it becomes..
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1117th
11/26/2019 10:10pm
Ducon39 wrote:
Only thing that proves is that the Tesla is heavy.

That said, electric vehicles are the future. Good, bad, or ugly (yeah, that's the Cybertruck), they are a comin'.

Post a reply to: Would you buy a cybertruck to haul your ride?

The Latest